The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November

+60
stub
poissonrouge
Cyril
cakeordeath
LondonTiger
Gooseberry
eirebilly
Mad for Chelsea
englandglory4ever
toml
Barney McGrew did it
MrsP
EST
No 7&1/2
Sgt_Pooly
fa0019
Maine man
asoreleftshoulder
Hood83
theslosty
Engine#4
Scottrf
LeinsterFan4life
AFewTooManyKnocks
Heaf
mid_gen
Rugby Fan
Taylorman
clivemcl
emack2
uncle_nigel
profitius
doctor_grey
cascough
Gwlad
Not grey and not a ghost
majesticimperialman
The Great Aukster
Rory_Gallagher
Pete330v2
geoff999rugby
Big
chewed_mintie
mikey_dragon
Pot Hale
aucklandlaurie
marty2086
lostinwales
GunsGermsV2
brennomac
SecretFly
thebandwagonsociety
wolfball
Geen sport voor watjes
rodders
Golden
the-goon
carpet baboon
rapidsnowman
George Carlin
64 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 15 Empty Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November

Post by George Carlin Mon 14 Nov 2016, 7:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 15 Irelan10       Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 15 All_bl10
IRELAND v NEW ZEALAND
19 November 2016
KO: 17:30
Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Live on Sky Sports 2

Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant referees: Mathieu Raynal (France), Ian Davies (Wales)
Television match official: Jon Mason (Wales)
Assessor: Chris White (England)

A. Head to Head

29 Played 29
1 Won 27
1 Drawn 1
27 Lost 1
310 Points 812

B. Recent Form 

5 November 2016
Soldier Field, Chicago IL
40–29 to Ireland

24 November 2013 
Aviva Stadium, Dublin 
22 – 24 to New Zealand 

23 June 2012 
Waikato Stadium, Hamilton 
60 – 0 to New Zealand 

16 June 2012 
Rugby League Park, Christchurch 
22 – 19 to New Zealand

9 June 2012 
Eden Park, Auckland 
42 – 10 to New Zealand

20 November 2010 
Aviva Stadium, Dublin 
18 – 38 to New Zealand 

C. Teams

IRELAND 
Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 15 Guinne10
R Kearney; A Trimble, J Payne, R Henshaw, S Zebo; J Sexton, C Murray; J McGrath, R Best, T Furlong; D Toner, D Ryan; CJ Stander, S O'Brien, J Heaslip.

Replacements: S Cronin, C Healy, F Bealham, I Henderson, J van der Flier, K Marmion, P Jackson, G Ringrose.

NEW ZEALAND
Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 15 Speigh10
B Smith; I Dagg, M Fekitoa, A Lienert-Brown, J Savea; B Barrett, A Smith; J Moody, D Coles, O Franks; B Retallick, S Whitelock; L Squire, S Can, K Read (capt).

Replacements: C Taylor, W Crockett, C Faumuina, S Barrett, A Savea, TJ Perenara, A Cruden, W Naholo.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 19 Nov 2016, 12:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 15 Empty Re: Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November

Post by marty2086 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:54 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:By the way, has anybody checked that the judge who let Cane off is not his Dad?

No Richie was just standing there saying come on lads it wasnt that bad

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 15 Empty Re: Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November

Post by englandglory4ever Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:55 pm

I've lost all respect for NZ now. They are a dirty team. Ireland won the rugby but lost the fight with the help of incompetent officials.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:01 pm

marty2086 wrote:Have a read of the law

A player must not tackle (or try to tackle) an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders. A tackle around the opponent’s neck or head is dangerous play.

I know your head may be currently positioned differently but its still biologically above the shoulders, no mention of accidental so its foul play

Whistle

If that were the case then World rugby could always appeal against the ruling of the independant committee. jeez maybe I shouldnt give them ideas.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:04 pm

ebop wrote:What foul play?

Fekitoa got what he deserved

Ireland has gone soft

Ireland v New Zealand, 19 November - Page 15 C9gy1sx7cyyx

*chortle*

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:05 pm

The citing panel has spoken. No doubt both sides of the debate have more ammunition to justify their positions.
However I still have one question - I actually posted a topic on it but as the missus pointed out I put it in the wrong blydi place as virtually no-one reads lower down the forum page (it's still there as a matter of interest - no-one has passed any comment on it - https://www.606v2.com/t64543-rugby-ball-game-or-mixed-martial-arts)
The question is whether rugby feels that injuries such as were sustained in the accidental or intentional collisions that occurred on Saturday are acceptable consequences of playing a physical contact game or whether steps should be taken to try and decrease the risk to players from head injury. I believe that 3 out of the starting 15 of Ireland suffered concussion - that's a rate of 20%. As I alluded to in  the topic I posted - a view echoed by Paul Kimmage  -( Link to Paul Kimmage article) is rugby getting too violent for its participants good.
2 quotes from the Kimmage article
"I thought I was at the Colosseum on Saturday night," Kimmage said.
"I'll preface what I say Matt, by saying, in terms of an event, it was probably the most compelling sporting event I've been at this year. Just absolutely compelling. Riveting viewing. But deeply, deeply disturbing."
So is gladiatorial combat what we really want to see? With injuries to match?
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:07 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:

A player must not tackle (or try to tackle) an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders. A tackle around the opponent’s neck or head is dangerous play.

I know your head may be currently positioned differently but its still biologically above the shoulders, no mention of accidental so its foul play

Whistle

If that were the case then World rugby could always appeal against the ruling of the independant committee. jeez maybe I shouldnt give them ideas.

You're confusing a foul with a red card?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:08 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:

Whistle

If I was the RFU Id be appealing Joe Launchberrys ban as both his and Canes were accidental yet one was banned and the other cleared

Was it the same panel or different panels? Anyone know?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:28 pm

marty2086 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

Whistle

If I was the RFU Id be appealing Joe Launchberrys ban as both his and Canes were accidental yet one was banned and the other cleared

Cane pleaded Not Guilty as opposed to Launcberry who accidentally pleaded Guilty. Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:33 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

Whistle

Cane pleaded Not Guilty as opposed to Launcberry who accidentally pleaded Guilty. Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong.

And what was Fekitoas plea? Not guilty?

Given that they said Canes was accidental are they saying his was deliberate yet only gave 1 week? That'll teach him

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:45 pm

If the citing commission aren't just going to rule on the Laws but also have to establish intent - how do they do that? Ask the player?
Fekitoa was obviously missing a sock in his rugby kit when they asked him: Did you mean to take Zebo out - and he answered yes!

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:50 pm

The lack of consistency of citing panel rulings is a joke. Stander was not only red carded but also received a one week suspension. There was no intent.
Cane knocks a player out in a reckless challenge. Just a penalty, no card and cleared by the citing panel. And that's just after a World Rugby directive warning against hitting high.

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:58 pm

Click for Stuff.co.NZ article
Quote from the above article

The All Blacks aren't coached to go out and tackle high.
They are encouraged to find the operational perimeters allowed by each referee they are confronted with and, yes, sometimes, it results in cynical play, a win at all costs approach.
In other words unless the ref blows for it, it is legal. Don't play by the rules, play by what you can get away with?

PS further quote from the article
They will enjoy their time in Paris where physicality and pushing the boundaries have long been a trademark of the French game.
Line up the ambulances mes amis - you may need them
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:03 pm

poissonrouge wrote:Click for Stuff.co.NZ article
Quote from the above article

The All Blacks aren't coached to go out and tackle high.
They are encouraged to find the operational perimeters allowed by each referee they are confronted with and, yes, sometimes, it results in cynical play, a win at all costs approach.
In other words unless the ref blows for it, it is legal. Don't play by the rules, play by what you can get away with?

You can see the difference between the two Tests. What made that difference? Has to be the ref. The ABs deliberately set out to play cynical rugby (head-hunting) because they knew they would get away with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm

Oh my goodness

Ireland couldn't score tries is the reason Ireland lost

The ABs didn't take Ireland lightly in Dublin and Ireland weren't good enough to beat a highly motivated ABs team

Back to top Go down

Post by whatblackdog Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:23 pm

New poster, but long time lurker. I've traditionally been posting on The Roar.

I've got to say that this thread, and the Irish media have drifted to a position of 'losing the plot'. I'm a neutral here with no real skin in the outcome of this game, but to say it's become a witchhunt against the New Zealand side would be an understatement.

I've followed rugby for many years since emmigrating from the US. In all this time I can say I've admired and respected the All Blacks approach. They play hard, play to the whistle, and play to win. The reports out of Ireland I've seen since the weekend have left a very sour taste in my mouth. Having watched the game live, and then re-watched due to this ridiculous uproar within some media circles I can say it's nothing more than a beat up. Fekitoa has been rightly punished, but to suggest that an international team goes out to intentially hurt opposition players by either foul play, or borderline foul play is utterly absurd.

Honestly reign your heads in

whatblackdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:27 pm

whatblackdog wrote:New poster, but long time lurker. I've traditionally been posting on The Roar.

I've got to say that this thread, and the Irish media have drifted to a position of 'losing the plot'. I'm a neutral here with no real skin in the outcome of this game, but to say it's become a witchhunt against the New Zealand side would be an understatement.

I've followed rugby for many years since emmigrating from the US. In all this time I can say I've admired and respected the All Blacks approach. They play hard, play to the whistle, and play to win. The reports out of Ireland I've seen since the weekend have left a very sour taste in my mouth. Having watched the game live, and then re-watched due to this ridiculous uproar within some media circles I can say it's nothing more than a beat up. Fekitoa has been rightly punished, but to suggest that an international team goes out to intentially hurt opposition players by either foul play, or borderline foul play is utterly absurd.

So you just decided to stick your neck in, after being a long time lurker? Sure.... Go away you ejit, and suck a mint for your 'sour taste'.

Back to top Go down

Post by whatblackdog Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:28 pm

Munchkin wrote:
whatblackdog wrote:New poster, but long time lurker. I've traditionally been posting on The Roar.

So you just decided to stick your neck in, after being a long time lurker? Sure.... Go away you ejit, and suck a mint for your 'sour taste'.

I read plenty of forums, but don't feel the need to comment on them all. Takes time as you'd know. Anyway thanks for the welcome. Looks like I'll enjoy it here

I'm not quite sure if you're actually serious in your response, or you're just a little short on the uptake?

whatblackdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:30 pm

whatblackdog wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

I read plenty of forums, but don't feel the need to comment on them all. Takes time as you'd know. Anyway thanks for the welcome. Looks like I'll enjoy it here

I'm not quite sure if you're actually serious in your response, or you're just a little short on the uptake?

No, just short on patience for Multi WUMS. Ta-ra.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:30 pm

Welcome Black Dog, but a friendly bit of advice, this place aint for the faint hearted and things can at times get ugly.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:31 pm

ghost

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:32 pm

Has he been American yet?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by whatblackdog Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:38 pm

Munchkin wrote:
whatblackdog wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Ok then...I am not even sure I know what that means.

If you want to discuss the bizzare nature in which this has all blown up then go ahead, or are you happy with dribble?

whatblackdog

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:40 pm

Who do you support then dog; usa?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by whatblackdog Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:45 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Who do you support then dog; usa?

I do to a certain extent, but in all honesty I never even watched rugby growing up. I can't even recall seeing it in any media coverage. Since leaving though I've taken an interest in how they're performing, how administrators are looking at growing the game etc. Also I've been away for 20 years.

I keep a close eye on Australia and NZ more than most others due to that's where I lived and got introduced to it. I'm more supportive of the Highlanders in Super Rugby than anything else. If I was to pick a favourite international team it would be Scotland. For some reason I just always want them to win. Maybe it's 'Scotland the Brave'. Who knows.

So more of a general fan than an international die hard.

whatblackdog

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:47 pm

whatblackdog wrote:

I do to a certain extent, but in all honesty I never even watched rugby growing up. I can't even recall seeing it in any media coverage. Since leaving though I've taken an interest in how they're performing, how administrators are looking at growing the game etc. Also I've been away for 20 years.

I keep a close eye on Australia and NZ more than most others due to that's where I lived and got introduced to it. I'm more supportive of the Highlanders in Super Rugby than anything else. If I was to pick a favourite international team it would be Scotland. For some reason I just always want them to win. Maybe it's 'Scotland the Brave'. Who knows.

What were you "in" for? A spear tackle?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:00 pm

So not overly neutral then! I was a bit disappointed with the approach to the match as it was overly aggressive. Think we'll see that with NZ more in the next year or so simply as they lost so much experience and they'll push a little further than the past until they learn. No matter what they say in public they won't be happy that their actions risked the win.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:02 pm

whatblackdog wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
whatblackdog wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Ok then...I am not even sure I know what that means.

If you want to discuss the bizzare nature in which this has all blown up then go ahead, or are you happy with dribble?

No, but it's not in my power to stop you. Dribble away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:03 pm

whatblackdog wrote:to suggest that an international team goes out to intentially hurt opposition players by either foul play, or borderline foul play is utterly absurd.

That's a little naive mate, the French admitted to it publicly in 2015. Welcome anyway thumbsup

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by whatblackdog Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:19 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
whatblackdog wrote:

What were you "in" for? A spear tackle?

I should be in for bad fashion sense and over commitment to social sports, but alas I'm yet to be locked up

whatblackdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:19 pm

Cyril wrote:

ghost

Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by whatblackdog Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:21 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:So not overly neutral then! I was a bit disappointed with the approach to the match as it was overly aggressive. Think we'll see that with NZ more in the next year or so simply as they lost so much experience and they'll push a little further than the past until they learn. No matter what they say in public they won't be happy that their actions risked the win.

They won't be happy with the penalty count at rucktime. Some if that play was getting cynical. I'm sure that area will be tidied up.

whatblackdog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:14 am

whatblackdog wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:So not overly neutral then! I was a bit disappointed with the approach to the match as it was overly aggressive. Think we'll see that with NZ more in the next year or so simply as they lost so much experience and they'll push a little further than the past until they learn. No matter what they say in public they won't be happy that their actions risked the win.

They won't be happy with the penalty count at rucktime. Some if that play was getting cynical. I'm sure that area will be tidied up.

ABs gave away 26 penalties in the two test matches with Ireland. Ireland gave away 8.

Says it all really.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:19 am

Yeah

Biased referees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:22 am

ebop wrote:Yeah

Biased referees

Are you claiming that the ABs are not infringing and the refs are making the infringements up?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:26 am

No

I'm saying Ireland played like heavenly saints in the referee's eyes

There were a number of penalisable offences that went unpenalised against Ireland. Yet the Irish have the cheek to cry foul. Most of those penalties against the ABs were not for dangerous incidents but for petty fouls that Ireland were perpetrating themselves and got off Scott free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:32 am

ebop wrote:No

There were a number of penalisable offences that went unpenalised against Ireland. Yet the Irish have the cheek to cry foul. Most of those penalties against the ABs were not for dangerous incidents but for petty fouls that Ireland were perpetrating themselves and got off Scott free.

Irelands discipline was very good. ABs was atrocious.

Ireland are not saints, and I wouldn't want them to be. What I really don't want though is for them to use head hunting tactics. Players should never target the head, never gouge, and never knee the spine intentionally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:35 am

I've just looked back on a few of the ABs games and the lowest penalty count they have is 10 in a game.

You have to agree though, that Ireland had an extraordinary number of injuries last Saturday - Henshaw, Stander, Zebo, Kearney all injured - mostly with concussion.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:44 am

Sin é wrote:

I've just looked back on a few of the ABs games and the lowest penalty count they have is 10 in a game.

You have to agree though, that Ireland had an extraordinary number of injuries last Saturday - Henshaw, Stander, Zebo, Kearney all injured - mostly with concussion.

Tends to eb the result of repeated attempts to remove one's head.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov 2016, 12:46 am

Sin é wrote:

The team with the highest percentage of time in  possession, usually gets penalised the least. Ireland are the best team in the World at the moment for holding on to possession for the longest periods of time. hence the Irish players will be more exposed  to getting knocked about a lot more by the opposite defending team.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:02 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:NZ fans and media can say what they want. It was a straight red for a swinging arm and dangerous high tackle. Of all the nations they would be throwing their dummies in every corner if this was the other way round. Having beaten beaten fair and square they resort to another game in order to silence ireland.

Ref should be bloody cited if that were possible. Disgraceful performance. Refs must be made to view footage in these cases not just checking with linesmen.  

Would this  would be the same New Zealanders that immediately acknowledged and congratulated Ireland on their performance and victory at Chicago?  some peoples memories are short.

That's irrelevant. And anyway, those fans acknowledged being beaten by irleand at rugby. What we saw last weekend was something quite different.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:10 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Sin é wrote:

The team with the highest percentage of time in  possession, usually gets penalised the least. Ireland are the best team in the World at the moment for holding on to possession for the longest periods of time. hence the Irish players will be more exposed  to getting knocked about a lot more by the opposite defending team.

Just checked. Ireland had a lot of possession (67%) in the game on Saturday. But in Chicago, the possession was about even - yet the ABs were 12 penalties. However, the concussion count was much better.

If you believe that Ireland are the best team for holding onto possession, how come Ireland doesn't have 3 or 4 concussion injuries in every game?

You have to to think that there is something seriously wrong with the laws of the game if the more you held onto the ball, the more likely the players are going to get concussed.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:18 am

Stander lead with his head. Maybe Ireland should look into the way they carry the ball so they don't concuss themselves. It's all very brave charging forward at a low angle with head down but it can be dangerous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:24 am

Henshaw did a pirouette out of a tackle and blindly fell into Cane's shoulder. These players need to play smarter or expect some consequences. Fekitoa deserved his yellow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:24 am

ebop wrote:Stander lead with his head. Maybe Ireland should look into the way they carry the ball so they don't concuss themselves.

This makes me laugh.

There are a couple of Irish players who regularly get concussed - Sexton (who wouldn't be a big carrier), and Luke Marshall (who would). Keith Earls is another one who gets banged up a bit.

That was Stander's first concussion since he has moved to Ireland (4 years). I can't recall Kearney, Zebo or Henshaw being concussed previously in the last few years.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:25 am

Smith did nothing wrong and got binned by a referee that had a poor game

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:45 am

Gwlad wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:NZ fans and media can say what they want. It was a straight red for a swinging arm and dangerous high tackle. Of all the nations they would be throwing their dummies in every corner if this was the other way round. Having beaten beaten fair and square they resort to another game in order to silence ireland.

Ref should be bloody cited if that were possible. Disgraceful performance. Refs must be made to view footage in these cases not just checking with linesmen.  

Would this  would be the same New Zealanders that immediately acknowledged and congratulated Ireland on their performance and victory at Chicago?  some peoples memories are short.

That's irrelevant. And anyway, those fans acknowledged being beaten by irleand at rugby. What we saw last weekend was something quite different.

How can it be irrelevant? I was one of those posters on this forum that came on here and paid credit to Ireland and acknowledged that New Zealand were beaten in Chicago, because Ireland were the better team. This week however my concerns are the Irish fans and media accusations of thuggery and dirty play which are entirely baseless (apart from Fekitoa, which was determined as reckless rather than intentional). After the Chicago game The Irish media and fans didnt launch into New Zealand with the venomous vitriol like they have this week, that's the difference.

Ireland had a taste of success in chicago, and along with that came perhaps higher Irish fan expectations, when it didnt eventuate it then became a case of the Big bad All Blacks thugs, the ref Peyper is a cheat, the corrupt touchie who didnt see the invisible forward pass, The TMO who one poster on here labelled a liar, suppose the independent review panel will be next.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 23 Nov 2016, 1:53 am

Sin é wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Just checked. Ireland had a lot of possession (67%) in the game on Saturday. But in Chicago, the possession was about even - yet the ABs were 12 penalties. However, the concussion count was much better.

If you believe that Ireland are the best team for holding onto possession, how come Ireland doesn't have 3 or 4 concussion injuries in every game?

You have to to think that there is something seriously wrong with the laws of the game if the more you held onto the ball, the more likely the players are going to get concussed.

Because Ireland dont play the All Blacks every game therefore they arent exposed to the harder/faster more powerful tackles that New Zealand do when on D.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:03 am

ebop wrote:Henshaw did a pirouette out of a tackle and blindly fell into Cane's shoulder. These players need to play smarter or expect some consequences. Fekitoa deserved his yellow.

He deserved red, as did Dagg.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:05 am

ebop wrote:Smith did nothing wrong and got binned by a referee that had a poor game

He did have a poor game, but the ABs wont get off so lightly in France. They know this ref though, and will behave themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 2:29 am

Munchkin wrote:
ebop wrote:Henshaw did a pirouette out of a tackle and blindly fell into Cane's shoulder. These players need to play smarter or expect some consequences. Fekitoa deserved his yellow.

He deserved red, as did Dagg.
Yes of course. And Sexton executed a brave almost try saving head high tackle on Barrett and should be commended for his efforts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next