The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

+56
atuakiwikiwi
munkian
Bathite
youngguns6
JDandfries
Dorothy_Mantooth
B91212
propdavid_london
robshaw4england
Imperialbigdave
RDW
Mad for Chelsea
RuckingFlanker86
HongKongCherry
beshocked
perand25
tomhughesnice
TheGreyGhost
JmD
mckay1402
Rugby_Assessor
J_D
Irish Curry
Don Alfonso
sean.c
RuggerRadge2611
D24tress
pete (buachaill on eirne)
dogtooth
mrsuperclear
Adam D
drbeatz
Rugby Nick
rugbyman
prop_lyd
JayMaster3000
red_stag
caoimhincentre
DingBatMan
XR
Shifty
doctor_grey
manofgwent
Geordie
Thomond
welshy824
Mickado
tlazarus9
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Looseheaded
Notch
ScarletSpiderman
BATH_BTGOG
Feckless Rogue
MBTGOG
Killer_B_6
60 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 8 Empty Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by Killer_B_6 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Like London buses, you wait for ages for one and then two pop up at the same time!

I know there was a lot of chat on 606 (RIP) about Rugby games for PS3 and I thought I would bring some news about two games that have been confirmed for August 2011.

Firstly, there is Rugby Challenge, produced by Sidhe:

http://rugbychallengegame.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_Challenge

https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Blacks-Rugby-Challenge-Game/162875610443414

I think this is an update from the 'World Cup Challenge' produced just after the 2003 World Cup and may be a descendant from Jonah Lomu Rugby.

The screenshots look very impressive.

They have confirmed licences for the All Blacks, Wallabies, ITM Cup and Super 15. There has been no confirmation of whether they have any European national teams or leagues - which is a bit of a downer - but, going by the Wiki link, there seems to be an extensive editing mode.

In addition, the team behind the game seem very 'on the ball' and have opened up a fans forum asking for advice and answering any queries:

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

I would advise going on there and giving the details for your favourite team!

The other option is the RWC 2011 Official Game which is made by HB Studios:

http://www.rwc2011game.com/

https://www.facebook.com/RWC2011game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_World_Cup_2011_%28video_game%29

This game is a direct descendant from Rugby 08, 06, 04, etc. - I don't know whether this is a good thing! Although they were fun games, they were very limited

I presume that this will have licences for all teams at the RWC 2011 (this is, however, disputable due to Rugby Challenge claiming to have exclusive licenses to the All Blacks, Wallabies and Super Rugby) but I am not sure about the gameplay outside of that.

I haven't seen any screenshots for this game.

So which game are people going to buy?

I'm kind of torn because HB Studios should, in theory, be able to make the best game but it remains to be seen whether this will be another rush job just to maximise sales while the RWC is on.

My only issue with Rugby Challenge at the moment is what licences they will have for Northern Hemisphere rugby.

Has anyone else got info on these games?

Last edited by Killer_B_6 on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Killer_B_6

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 8 Empty Re: Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by B91212 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

Keep em coming Irish Curry notworthy

Released today here in North America and was expecting to get my copy delivered this afternoon from Amazon. However, received an email yesterday saying there was a problem. My daft mrs managed to loose her credit card and driving licence last week and as a result we had to put a stop on the credit card account which is in both of our names (so stopping my card as well). This was the card that was attached to my amazon account. mad
I entered a new card onto the account but I will be lucky to see it by the weekend now. I wouldn't mind but it's not the first time this has happened furious

B91212

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 8 Empty Re: Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by Irish Curry Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

Ouch that is unluckly, its worth waiting for though!
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 01 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

I said she shouldn't have a credit card if she couldn't look after it. She said fine, but I will have to go with her for all the Christmas shopping this year, both food and present shopping for the family as a result.

I told her just to be more careful next time.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Wed 02 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

Bulls:
Spoiler:

I'm struggling to find anymore on the web so any help in finding more or even making your own if anyone knows enough about a team would be a great help. mo2
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:20 pm

It's finally arrived Yahoo Out tonight but then the Mrs is on nights all weekend so let the team editing begin Shocked

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:29 pm

Say good bye to your social life! Very Happy
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:31 pm

Irish Curry wrote:Say good bye to your social life! Very Happy
I would if I had one anymore (they made me hand it in the day I got married)

Just don't tell Mrs B91212 I said that Run

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

Ha ha. The plane jounney across to Canada might just be a hinderance to that laughing

I think I found Fiji but it doesn't have the fake names, just the numbers mad

Spoiler:
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

this game is impossible to find! everywhere has sold out!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

I got it the second day it was out so I was lucky, Sidhe have said that they didn't think this many people would try to buy it so hopefully if another one is made (Fingers crossed that will happen Smile ) they will be better prepared. Have you tryed online btw?
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

internet mate
oh yeah i just used project novo which sorted out all the names and stuff =)

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 07 Nov 2011, 9:53 pm

I would use that if I could find my god dam usb stick furious mad
One of these day it should turn up Crying or Very sad
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:08 pm

Continued with the editing last night (thanks again Irish Curry, if you lived closer I would buy you a guinness ) but what an absolutely crap editing system. Even swapping players is a pain in the ass as sometimes their club position is wrong and then they don't show up unless you move them from the first 15 (unless I'm doing something wrong). And am I correct in that when you actually edit a player (as in don't swap) and save it goes back to the start of the editing menu's and you have to go through and re-select the team who's players your editing again? Initial impression is that it's a good game but the editing process is enough to drive a person crazy steam

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:23 pm

[quote="B91212"]Continued with the editing last night (thanks again Irish Curry, if you lived closer I would buy you a guinness ) but what an absolutely crap editing system. Even swapping players is a pain in the ass as sometimes their club position is wrong and then they don't show up unless you move them from the first 15 (unless I'm doing something wrong). [b]And am I correct in that when you actually edit a player (as in don't swap) and save it goes back to the start of the editing menu's and you have to go through and re-select the team who's players your editing again?[/b] Initial impression is that it's a good game but the editing process is enough to drive a person crazy steam [/quote]

Unfortunitly you are and the thing is to get the commentaters to say the players name you have to go back and edit the players commentary names. Its a pain really so hopefully if they make another game sidhe will improve the system. Hopefully.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:41 pm

Irish Curry wrote:Unfortunitly you are and the thing is to get the commentaters to say the players name you have to go back and edit the players commentary names. Its a pain really so hopefully if they make another game sidhe will improve the system. Hopefully.
I thought that was the case regarding the menu's (damn). Thanks anyway!

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:41 pm

Whats the best place to buy this fellas? Nothing in the 5 shops in town, Amazon said 3-5 weeks!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 08 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

Bathite - theres just a shortage the minute. I'm in same boat as you are.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:42 am

Yeah, they said on their facebook page a list of suppliers and i don't think there are many retail stockists - just online

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:17 am

So amazon is the best bet then you reckon?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

yeah, have a look on their facebook page or website for a list!

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:57 pm

Amazon is a good shoit. I did see it in a shop today. Preowned though. €47. Flop that!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

I think whats happening is that they are trying to stock up for Christmas so that they will make the most money off of it. They have made a hash of it though.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 14 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

I just got this on Lovefilm Very Happy

Bit harsh on some of the Dragons players Erm
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 14 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

Its like that on all the NH sides, Munster are like 71 and Crusaders are 82?? Its thankfully easy to edit though.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 14 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

Hmm.. may have to make a few tweaks then
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 17 Nov 2011, 10:03 am

Yeah, some of the NH teams are ridiculous.

Anyone got this on Xbox and have XBL?

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 17 Nov 2011, 10:12 am

gcBlues wrote:Yeah, some of the NH teams are ridiculous.

Anyone got this on Xbox and have XBL?

Yup

I'm munkian on XBL - add me if you like and we'll have a game if you're around - I've not had much practice mind due to Skyrim Whistle
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:24 am

I'll be getting this by tomorrow (my anniversary present from my wife. I knew there was a reason I married her).
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

I think I'm mckay1402 on XBL. It's been a while since i've been on there though...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

£56 on tesco.com is the only sighting! Thats a joke

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 12:12 pm

my wife ordered it on amazon day before yesterday...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:28 am

It's on www.game.co.uk too.

I've had to tweak a few players.

And what the hell is up with the Welsh kit on their ? Shocked
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:02 pm

Played my first game online last night and got tonked as Scarlets against Leinster. Might need a bit more practise
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Fri 25 Nov 2011, 3:03 pm

If this is the "next generation", then the generation is a write off.

Does anyone else agree that the Sidhe game is as unbearably awful as the "official" RWC game was?

What's up when a player is "tackled" and then stands motionless, arm in arm with his tackler whilst everyone else rotates randomly on the spot or weaves back and forth in a small circle seemingly barred from getting involved by a combination of sudden extreme intoxication and invisible walls?

Why is it that with a two man overlap and a soft off-load required, the ball carrier invariably flings the ball 40 meters backwards and into touch?

Why does the first five eighths stand 20 meters directly behind every ruck whilst a selection of forwards wander around like zombies in the first receiver position?

The endless endless cut scenes make me dizzy, but with them switched off you never know if one of your players has been shown a card.

Why does the default camera zoom in so close to player who has made a break so you have no idea what your options are?

Why does the default camera swing around when possession changes and affect the orientation of the controller, so that as you try to make any tackle, your selected player runs in a 15 meter arc unless you exactly coordinate the controller change to the angle of the screen?

Personally, I think it's unplayable. But maybe my expectations are too high.

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 25 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

I do agree that the RWC game had slightly better game play but it was fairly boring really. Its their first rugby game in ages so it was always going to be hard for them to make a 10 out of 10 games, lets not forget the first few fifa games were utter crap, its a good platform and is certainly better then no rugby game what so ever.

The zoom settings can be changed as well and the cards can be seen by checking the your team in the menus.

@munkian, one of the custom kits (custom13 I think?) is much more like the actual kit as is the case for most if not all of the national teams.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:45 pm

Tried again. Sorry but it's rubbish

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

Its not for veryone I guess Hug
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

atuakiwikiwi wrote:Tried again. Sorry but it's rubbish

chin you could give your copy to me
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:26 am

Sure, if you like. PM me your mail address and I'll post it off.

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:37 am

atuakiwikiwi wrote:Sure, if you like. PM me your mail address and I'll post it off.

Very Happy
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:51 am

http://www.ospreysrugby.com/news/5976.php

Shame you have to be an Osprey's fan, was looking forward to giving them a tuning on the game.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 3:16 pm

I don't understand how come when I play online the oppositions players are so much quicker and stronger at the breakdown. You can't actually make the players better can you?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:27 pm

All the stats are the same online, so Portugal are the same as the All Blacks and its just down to the two players.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 6:37 pm

weird. Don't understand how I'm not getting players to the breakdown. Any tips?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:15 pm

mckay1402 wrote:weird. Don't understand how I'm not getting players to the breakdown. Any tips?

Bash green or red dude... I think..
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:05 am

yeah I think maybe I need more practise. It's an odd game really...I added you by the way
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:51 am

Yeah, cheers dude.

Do the tutorials - I kept doing them untill I learnt the basics...then I forgot em Sad
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

munkian wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:weird. Don't understand how I'm not getting players to the breakdown. Any tips?

Bash green or red dude... I think..

I think that it also depends on how far away from support your player (or their player when your in defence) is. If the player is isolated a light bind (i think thats what it is called, X on the PS3) will get your nearest players to join the ruck regardless of position. And if the pack are all around, a heavy bind (O on the PS3) will get your forwards to join the ruck which will make it easier to win.

A good tip is try one button, and if you still ain't making any head way, try the other one instead. Eventually you start to get the feel for which button for the specific ruck.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:13 pm

Just completed my first full season in the Rabbo - winning with Edinburgh and playing Glasgow in the final (very realistic then!) Very Happy

Have to say it took me a while because I got bored about half way through the season, and spent my time playing Deus ex instead (which is amazing).

Started playing again recently and got right back into it. I'm a bit bored playing the computer now though - I need to get some pals round to play it! My brother is coming up for Christmas though so can give him a good hiding.

So my point is I suppose I got bored fairly easily which, by the sound of things, has been a common problem!

So great game for the odd one off or with friends, but not a long term regular play game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:16 am

well i got the game and am on Xbox Live, if you want to play online?

Unless you have a PS3? devil

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next