The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

+56
atuakiwikiwi
munkian
Bathite
youngguns6
JDandfries
Dorothy_Mantooth
B91212
propdavid_london
robshaw4england
Imperialbigdave
RDW
Mad for Chelsea
RuckingFlanker86
HongKongCherry
beshocked
perand25
tomhughesnice
TheGreyGhost
JmD
mckay1402
Rugby_Assessor
J_D
Irish Curry
Don Alfonso
sean.c
RuggerRadge2611
D24tress
pete (buachaill on eirne)
dogtooth
mrsuperclear
Adam D
drbeatz
Rugby Nick
rugbyman
prop_lyd
JayMaster3000
red_stag
caoimhincentre
DingBatMan
XR
Shifty
doctor_grey
manofgwent
Geordie
Thomond
welshy824
Mickado
tlazarus9
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Looseheaded
Notch
ScarletSpiderman
BATH_BTGOG
Feckless Rogue
MBTGOG
Killer_B_6
60 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 9 Empty Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by Killer_B_6 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Like London buses, you wait for ages for one and then two pop up at the same time!

I know there was a lot of chat on 606 (RIP) about Rugby games for PS3 and I thought I would bring some news about two games that have been confirmed for August 2011.

Firstly, there is Rugby Challenge, produced by Sidhe:

http://rugbychallengegame.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_Challenge

https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Blacks-Rugby-Challenge-Game/162875610443414

I think this is an update from the 'World Cup Challenge' produced just after the 2003 World Cup and may be a descendant from Jonah Lomu Rugby.

The screenshots look very impressive.

They have confirmed licences for the All Blacks, Wallabies, ITM Cup and Super 15. There has been no confirmation of whether they have any European national teams or leagues - which is a bit of a downer - but, going by the Wiki link, there seems to be an extensive editing mode.

In addition, the team behind the game seem very 'on the ball' and have opened up a fans forum asking for advice and answering any queries:

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

I would advise going on there and giving the details for your favourite team!

The other option is the RWC 2011 Official Game which is made by HB Studios:

http://www.rwc2011game.com/

https://www.facebook.com/RWC2011game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_World_Cup_2011_%28video_game%29

This game is a direct descendant from Rugby 08, 06, 04, etc. - I don't know whether this is a good thing! Although they were fun games, they were very limited

I presume that this will have licences for all teams at the RWC 2011 (this is, however, disputable due to Rugby Challenge claiming to have exclusive licenses to the All Blacks, Wallabies and Super Rugby) but I am not sure about the gameplay outside of that.

I haven't seen any screenshots for this game.

So which game are people going to buy?

I'm kind of torn because HB Studios should, in theory, be able to make the best game but it remains to be seen whether this will be another rush job just to maximise sales while the RWC is on.

My only issue with Rugby Challenge at the moment is what licences they will have for Northern Hemisphere rugby.

Has anyone else got info on these games?

Last edited by Killer_B_6 on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Killer_B_6

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by RDW Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:21 am

gcBlues wrote:well i got the game and am on Xbox Live, if you want to play online?

Unless you have a PS3? devil

Nah mate - ps3! Ta anway!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 9 Empty Re: Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 28 Dec 2011, 9:43 am

I tried on the PS3, and was gutted I lost with the Scarlets to Australia and to the Crusaders (bearly). I am getting miffed as there are only ever SH sides and international sides to play against (when I am online anyhow)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by poddy89 Wed 28 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

i have the world cup game, im not sure if its just my disc but it often takes the penalty to the centre of the pitch, it gets alot of decisions wrong and is very frustraing to play due to decisions,

and they obviously didnt look into scotland to much as in the comentry murrayfield is now in glasgow in the west of scotland Very Happy

i think the johna lomu game looks alot better and there is far more to do, the world cup only has the twenty countrys so you play the same teams alot

poddy89

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

I've just seen RWC2011 on sale on-line for £15, Rugby Challenge is still selling for £40
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Wed 28 Dec 2011, 7:57 pm

rugby challenge is pretty good a few flaws, but overall good fun

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Mon 02 Apr 2012, 12:34 pm

i've finaly got it. it arrived this morning. mrs tooth bought it for my birthday, she wont let me have it before. do you think she will let me edit all the teams so its ready to 'play' for my birthday?

my wales team will be gavin's only chance of playing rugby again.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 02 Apr 2012, 1:42 pm

dogtooth wrote:i've finaly got it. it arrived this morning. mrs tooth bought it for my birthday, she wont let me have it before. do you think she will let me edit all the teams so its ready to 'play' for my birthday?

my wales team will be gavin's only chance of playing rugby again.

You'll have to edit Gav. He's English and in the Saracens squad!

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:00 pm

gowales wrote:

You'll have to edit Gav. He's English and in the Saracens squad!

Very Happy

nothing but trouble that boy
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 02 Apr 2012, 3:32 pm

Still haven't bought either - which one that is the question.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Noodle Miner Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:02 pm

Anyone know or heard anything about any sequels ?
Pot Noodle Miner
Pot Noodle Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 02 Apr 2012, 5:08 pm

All Sidhe (rugby challenge) have said is they are very keen on it.

Not sure about Rugby World Cup, i'm guessing another one for the 2015 world cup

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Mon 02 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

im hoping sidhe can grab a few more international licences and do a new game before 2015.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by drsambo1928 Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:05 am

I thibk rugby challenge is pretty good once you practice at it. I was going mad at losing certain rucks,passing 40 metres down the pitch, missing easy place kicks, getting smashed in every tackle but now it dosent happen as much.

drsambo1928

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:56 pm

Bought both games as soon as they came out.

Stopped playing rugby challenge after a week, still playing RWC game.

Too many things I didnt like about rugby challenge, here is my list.

Only had player likeness's for SH players.
Gameplay just abit slow, RWC plays alot faster.
I think penalties were none existant? Key part of the game.
Knock ons, Knock ons, knock ons.. Now maybe this is realistic, but its a game!
Dont like the kicking engine.
Line breaks very difficult to make, found my attack was mainly aimless and going no where.
Played a few games online, had quite a few games where the only points from either team came from drop goals.

RWC gameplay issues:

Penalties in wrong spot, sometimes on halfway line.
Advantage rule incorrect.. If you kick away the ball you have used up you advantage.
Defence is really imbalanced. Your either doing MASSIVE hits or the attacker is just running right past you.
Kick defence is rubbish, a big kicker like o'gara or Wilko can always kick over the back threes heads. Should stand alot further back if your in kick defence mode.
Defence all run to the base of the ruck and back when a phase complete... abit stupid.
Attack set plays just to slow to execute. About 9/10 moves stopped before they finish.

Even though I've listed more problems with the RWC game I still prefer it.. I think its because running with the ball in hand is alot more fun. Sometimes you really can create some pretty awesome tries, never had that with Rugby challenge.

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Noodle Miner Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:46 pm

At the time they both came out i preferred challenge but the gameplay was to unrealistic so i found myself playing the rwc game but after about 2 months got bored of both. hope they release a bigger and better sequel
Pot Noodle Miner
Pot Noodle Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 10 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

Pot Noodle Miner wrote:At the time they both came out i preferred challenge but the gameplay was to unrealistic so i found myself playing the rwc game but after about 2 months got bored of both. hope they release a bigger and better sequel

More or less +1 but I prefered Challenge purely for the fact that you had regions/clubs and a chance to create players/teams.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Thu 12 Apr 2012, 4:18 pm

Very Happy
i've finally got challange. it's awesome. i am playing the blues. i have appointed myself head coach. ive 'retired' shanklin, re used his profile and changed him into cuthbert. ive transefed in tovey and sacked tom james and reused his profile, ive now got a certain orangey back on the bench covering FH, centre and FB

its good being a coach.

ive made it to the euro cup final twice, and lost.

ive edited wales a bit. its taking ages. i'll stick to the euro cup and the pro12 for a while.

i can see this game keeping me going until gta v comes out, and beyond.

at last, a rugby video game!!!!!
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 25 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm

Anyone know if they will be doing an update patch for next season?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9