The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

+56
atuakiwikiwi
munkian
Bathite
youngguns6
JDandfries
Dorothy_Mantooth
B91212
propdavid_london
robshaw4england
Imperialbigdave
RDW
Mad for Chelsea
RuckingFlanker86
HongKongCherry
beshocked
perand25
tomhughesnice
TheGreyGhost
JmD
mckay1402
Rugby_Assessor
J_D
Irish Curry
Don Alfonso
sean.c
RuggerRadge2611
D24tress
pete (buachaill on eirne)
dogtooth
mrsuperclear
Adam D
drbeatz
Rugby Nick
rugbyman
prop_lyd
JayMaster3000
red_stag
caoimhincentre
DingBatMan
XR
Shifty
doctor_grey
manofgwent
Geordie
Thomond
welshy824
Mickado
tlazarus9
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Looseheaded
Notch
ScarletSpiderman
BATH_BTGOG
Feckless Rogue
MBTGOG
Killer_B_6
60 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 2 Empty Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by Killer_B_6 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Like London buses, you wait for ages for one and then two pop up at the same time!

I know there was a lot of chat on 606 (RIP) about Rugby games for PS3 and I thought I would bring some news about two games that have been confirmed for August 2011.

Firstly, there is Rugby Challenge, produced by Sidhe:

http://rugbychallengegame.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_Challenge

https://www.facebook.com/pages/All-Blacks-Rugby-Challenge-Game/162875610443414

I think this is an update from the 'World Cup Challenge' produced just after the 2003 World Cup and may be a descendant from Jonah Lomu Rugby.

The screenshots look very impressive.

They have confirmed licences for the All Blacks, Wallabies, ITM Cup and Super 15. There has been no confirmation of whether they have any European national teams or leagues - which is a bit of a downer - but, going by the Wiki link, there seems to be an extensive editing mode.

In addition, the team behind the game seem very 'on the ball' and have opened up a fans forum asking for advice and answering any queries:

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

I would advise going on there and giving the details for your favourite team!

The other option is the RWC 2011 Official Game which is made by HB Studios:

http://www.rwc2011game.com/

https://www.facebook.com/RWC2011game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_World_Cup_2011_%28video_game%29

This game is a direct descendant from Rugby 08, 06, 04, etc. - I don't know whether this is a good thing! Although they were fun games, they were very limited

I presume that this will have licences for all teams at the RWC 2011 (this is, however, disputable due to Rugby Challenge claiming to have exclusive licenses to the All Blacks, Wallabies and Super Rugby) but I am not sure about the gameplay outside of that.

I haven't seen any screenshots for this game.

So which game are people going to buy?

I'm kind of torn because HB Studios should, in theory, be able to make the best game but it remains to be seen whether this will be another rush job just to maximise sales while the RWC is on.

My only issue with Rugby Challenge at the moment is what licences they will have for Northern Hemisphere rugby.

Has anyone else got info on these games?

Last edited by Killer_B_6 on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Killer_B_6

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:48 pm

Rugby World Cup 2011 - is available for pre-order on Amazon now release date is supposedly 26th August. Not that i am excited.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox) - Page 2 Empty Re: Next Generation Rugby Games (for PS3 and Xbox)

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 15 Jun 2011, 12:50 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/505-Games-Rugby-World-2011/dp/B0053B5GXW/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1308062653&sr=1-2
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer_B_6 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

The rucking shot for Rugby Challenge looked excellent - and there are backs in the ruck!

Killer_B_6

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:53 pm

This makes the game awesome!

http://rugbychallengegame.com/2010/12/jonah-lomu-returns/

Guess it must be a product of his game.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by JayMaster3000 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:18 pm

I wouldn't waste my time with RWC 2011. Just go straight for RC.

On a bigger note RC has just confirmed that the Primership is gonna be the game.

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=41545&page=47

JayMaster3000

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyman Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:49 pm

JayMaster3000 wrote:I wouldn't waste my time with RWC 2011. Just go straight for RC.

On a bigger note RC has just confirmed that the Primership is gonna be the game.

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=41545&page=47

how reliable is that?

rugbyman

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

confirmed by Sidhe member working on the project just need the rabo pro, top 14 and 6 nations and i am sorted, or even just rabo pro and wales...

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Jun 2011, 9:42 am

To be fair would you not rather them have the licence of the HC (and hence the RDP12 sides), and have the RamboPro12 called something a bit more interesting like the Nations League or something rather than the urine poor name it has now.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:13 am

NZ Herald have a Review of RC here (it's being branded as "All Blacks Rugby Challenge in NZ").

Some nice extra details
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Fri 17 Jun 2011, 10:44 am

I hope it gets a wide release in Ireland. By the sounds of it, its going to be very NZ orintated. (Fair enough its being developed there)

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Fri 17 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

aviva is in it

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Nick Fri 17 Jun 2011, 1:02 pm

Anyone going to the London launch preview thing of the official one next week?

Rugby Nick

Back to top Go down

Post by drbeatz Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

I dont understand why both these games are more targeted at the southern hemisphere. I would have thought the market would be much larger for the games in the NH.

drbeatz

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:01 pm

Drbeatz - to be honest the RWC is in NZ so I guess that the developers are trying to ensure they have rights to the stadia etc for their RWC modes, and I would guess that then there would be a case of to have the licence to use our stadium you need to have the licence for our team etc. I would hazard a guess that the NH is not going to be neglected. I would be willing to be that both games will have a version of the Jeff, HC, and Top14 (licenced or not) and probably the RamboPro too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 20 Jun 2011, 3:06 pm

drbeatz wrote:I dont understand why both these games are more targeted at the southern hemisphere. I would have thought the market would be much larger for the games in the NH.

I thought RWC 2011 was reasonably universal in coverage (obviously there'll be an NZ focus for grounds given where the RWC is being played). While Rugby Challenge is being developed in NZ - not surprising they're covering their bases close to home first.

[Edit, Scartletspiderman types faster than I do, and has made similar points]
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Mon 20 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

Looks like there is going to be no South Africa teams in it. they couldn't agree terms with SAFU so no National (I'm Sure some sort of SA tean will be there but not official one)or S15 teams.

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:19 pm

but there will be unofficial SA teams and due to the extensive editing tools they have given us for RC people should be able to sort out the unlicensed teams to resemble the actual teams

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

caoimhincentre wrote:Looks like there is going to be no South Africa teams in it. they couldn't agree terms with SAFU so no National (I'm Sure some sort of SA tean will be there but not official one)or S15 teams.

Did you mean RWC or Rugby Challenge? - I'm assuming the former?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:37 pm

I would have thought England, France and South Africa would be the biggest markets for any rugby game. So I'm surprised Rugby Challenge will be so focused on New Zealand and Australia.

Official licenses really don't mean much to me though. I just hope the game is fun to play.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Mon 20 Jun 2011, 6:40 pm

the later kiwi, and what about wales???

its not just Sh there are more licensed NH teams than SH so...

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 6:39 pm

It also seems Rwc2011 has exclusive rights to england and possibly france, getting stupid now, RWC wont have the AB or wallabies (two of the biggest names) but RC wont have SA, SA teams, England (and possibly france)

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:05 pm

game pics - rwc2011
Spoiler:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:07 pm

they still dont look as good as rc, but it is getting a bit irritating with the licenses

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

They can't have the rights on the country itself surely? Sure, the jerseys and player names won't be accurate but you'll still have "England" and "New Zealand" in both games.The licenses are irritating true enough but as long as either game has an extensive enough editing mode (like pro evo in football) I really couldn't care less. I heard RC has super rugby and the premiership anyway so that, and an editing mode for pro 12 and top 14 sides, will do me nicely.

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:35 pm

mrsuperclear wrote:They can't have the rights on the country itself surely?

No many games have been produced over the years with the names slightly altered to avoid the licence.
In World Class Rugby Jones became Bones, Evans became Ebans etc etc.
Older football games used to do this also in the early 90's when licences started becoming relevant in computer games.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:42 pm

Yes, that's what I meant Alyn. But "England" will still be in the game and like you said if there was a fella called Jones in the game he would become Bones but you will be able to play as "England" with "Bones" if you get me? As long as there is an editing mode to change Bones to Jones I'll be satisfied and buy the game anyway.

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

i have been following the development on these games for a long time, a long long time.

i will try them both for a few nights from blockbusters, hopefully, and then decide which i like best.

i am not confident that HBStudio game will be that great but it will have a proper wales squad. but will it be all international with no celtic league or euro cup? if there are no licences for these leagues wouldnt be a huge problem for me as long as the players names are real.
i dont want to just play the internationals.

rugby challenge 06 was my favourate rugby game on the old xbox. so i am keen to try sidhe's game. but if even if the game play is better than HBstudio if there is no wales, no celtic league, no euro cup then i wouldnt enjoy it as much.

i might find that i fall between these two games and dont get the rugby game i really want.

dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

Rugby Challenge has the licence for the Aviva Prem and all players

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:43 am

caoimhincentre wrote:Rugby Challenge has the licence for the Aviva Prem and all players

if they can get the celtic league/pro12 too i will be very happy
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:46 am

Having to change all the "Bones" on the Welsh team to "Jones" could take a long time. Whistle You would probably get mixed up with who's who aswell Laugh

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

just seen that pro 12 and top 14 are confirmed on internet with a video of two french teams licensed playing each other-however the video has misteriously gone down
here is the page anyway
http://www.cdiscount.com/error/404.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/jeux-pc-vid...590123467.html

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:09 pm

Cheers Welshy.

Couple of question for all involved:

a) Does anyone know what the game play is like in either?
b) Does RC have the 6n and HCup etc or something like European cup
c) Anything that makes them different from older games licensing aside?
d) Price comparisson?

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:15 pm

well on the sidhe forum and found the video on youtube with gameplay of a match
6 nations maybe-although scottish, french and english teams wont be licensed other 3 unanounced. but could create it yourself

Hcup- not sure but all the teams are licensed who play in it so again will be easy to create if it isint in.

other two questions dont know.
here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmjsITs-Rg&feature=player_embedded#at=10

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:29 pm

DingBatMan wrote:In 08

Lineout was stupidly easy
scrum was stupid full stop
set plays were ok but limited
passing was stupid, hold the pass button for a long pass was stupid. double tap would have been better.
Get and injured player while scoring a try crashed the game. STUPID
Not able to create custom tournament STUPID
Limited tournaments Stupid
Imaginary world league OK idea but still stupid.
Difficulty: stupidly easy
Player names DONT GET ME STARTED!
Graphics AWFUL and player faces were mostly the same.

Thats just the surface of what was wrong with 08.

They have alot to do if they want my €60!!

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

Do they really have a lot to do for our €60 though? It's been so long since we've had a rugby game and it has the pro 12 teams so they're guaranteed my money at this stage! I'm obviously just too easy Sad

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:47 pm

Is it the HB RWC 2011 that has the pro 12 or RC??

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

mrsuperclear wrote:Do they really have a lot to do for our €60 though? It's been so long since we've had a rugby game and it has the pro 12 teams so they're guaranteed my money at this stage! I'm obviously just too easy Sad

if they have celtic league teams they will have my money too. as you said, mrsuperclear, its been so long since we've had a rugby game it wont be hard for them to get my cash off me.

the rwc2011 game is too limited with just rwc mode.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:50 pm

thanks again welshy

game play for me is really important, dont mind buying or spending hours making my team with the proper names but need better game play than 08. Lineouts, scrums, u8 following the ball defence, passing, tackling, all awful

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:03 pm

welshy824 wrote:well on the sidhe forum and found the video on youtube with gameplay of a match
6 nations maybe-although scottish, french and english teams wont be licensed other 3 unanounced. but could create it yourself

Hcup- not sure but all the teams are licensed who play in it so again will be easy to create if it isint in.

other two questions dont know.
here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmjsITs-Rg&feature=player_embedded#at=10

The commentary laughing

Everything else seems about as good as it will get, once they put a bit more polish on this beta.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

Seriously, the commentary in that clip! Particularly love Justin Marshall on the red card Rolling Eyes

I only hope that is by far the lowest difficulty system because the opposition AI is awful.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:39 pm

You can tell Marshall is reading from a script definitely.

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:52 pm

errr just looking back over the magners league it actually says the MAGNUS league-hoping it is just a typo error

Notch the AI is i think the easiest opposition setting, and you can tell the guy playing as toulouse hasnt played it before, adds loads of people to the rucks-but its a good prospect i think

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 06 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

Well, the Magners League doesn't technically exist anymore! So I'd imagiune its not a typo as the LeagUe has just changed sponsor so getting the right "right" is a relatively awkward thing for that right now. I don't care what the competition is called if they have the teams and players.

I will judge the graphics solely by how well they capture the essence of Adam D'Arcys quiff;

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

just saw this thismorning. pro12 teams included in rugby challenge. hope the celtic league and Hcup are included in the game.

given i can play as the blues i am sure i will get this game rather than the rwc international only game.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:22 pm

Saw a trailer for it on the official facebook page.

they have the old munster jersey Sad

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:26 pm

the official trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx72d-3C_iw

also they have a twitter for rugby challenge,
Not bad for another competition if hobo or kiwi want to try

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:27 pm

D24tress wrote:the official trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx72d-3C_iw

also they have a twitter for rugby challenge,
Not bad for another competition if hobo or kiwi want to try

Already following them and making a point of "chatting". Wish me luck Smile

Quade Cooper gave them a good shout out today too
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:30 pm

one step ahead kiwi, thats why you are a mod on the cutting edge of foruming

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:35 pm

D24, stop ass kissing trying to get a free copy of the game Wink

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Mon 18 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

I saw the trailer on rugbydump and it looked pretty good I gotta say.

Glad they have the Pro12 teams
Also heard from one of their reps that you can create tournaments so you can create the 6n and the HCup etc. That should be pretty ok no???

I assume you can create teams???? If most of the Irish players are in the Pro12 league then surely it's a copy and paste -esque job to put them all on the Irish team for example like in Rugby 08.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next