The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you playing at the moment?

+26
Uryu Ishida
JuliusHMarx
Scott is Back
Galted
compelling and rich
gazzyD
Samo
Ent
lfc91
Steffan
ChequeredJersey
McLaren
MrPoncho
XR
Trebs
nadeem2099
Crimey
profitius
Scottrf
GSC
Pr4wn
Derbymanc
TrailApe
President Trump
rIck_dAgless
Hero
30 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Empty What are you playing at the moment?

Post by Pr4wn Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nice new thread to start!

I'm on Mass Effect Andromeda for the time being. Think the negative press is way overblown, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

What are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you playing at the moment?

Post by XR Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Pretty much addicted to Dead by Daylight.

XR

Back to top Go down

What are you playing at the moment? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you playing at the moment?

Post by Hero Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Is that the horror 4 v 1 game?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Yeah.

Frustrating but still very fun to play.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:14 pm

My only real gripe with it is when you first start playing you're ranked at 20 and the better you do, the higher up the ranks you go and you get matched against better players etc. That's all fine and well but then they reset ranks periodically so you spend ages escaping the crap players and 'camping' (hate that word) killers to play with people who play the game a lot better only for it to be reset and you end up back with dross.

The struggle is real.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Finally took the plunge on The Witcher 3 at the end of last week and it's a good job I had a week off work because WOW!! I'm 50 hours in and totally hooked.

I'm genuinely astounded by the scope of this game. Nothing gets boring or repetitive, the characters are fantastic and the dialogue at times is out of this world funny.

I'd read some folk complaining about the combat mechanics but I honestly can't see anything wrong with it. It takes a bit of getting used to but it's pretty slick once mastered.

I've been playing games since the Atari 2600 era and I can count on one hand the amount of games I've felt sad finishing. This'll join that club. I enjoyed the life out of Breath of the Wild and I adored Red Dead Redemption but this trumps both of those open world adventures. It's so, so good!

What a time to be single Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:20 am

im just on the boss in the blood and wine expansion, tough sob. its comfortably one of the best games ive played for quite some time

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:59 am

I've still not picked the game up so it's about time I gave it a go really.

Rumour doing the rounds that one of the projects Bethesda have been working on is a open world Game of Thrones game similar to their Elder Scrolls games.

Please please be true.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:38 pm

They said they have 5 secret projects on the go, 2 of which ae their usual type games so I say GoT is one and Fallout being the other

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:39 pm

To be honest I'd rather just have another elder scrolls game.

Playing F1 2017, very good sequel
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Hero wrote:I've still not picked the game up so it's about time I gave it a go really.

Rumour doing the rounds that one of the projects Bethesda have been working on is a open world Game of Thrones game similar to their Elder Scrolls games.

Please please be true.

Alas no...

http://www.gamesradar.com/ignore-target-bethesda-has-said-no-to-game-of-thrones-already/

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:33 pm

I bought Elder Scrolls online and NIer Automata at the weekend....goodbye life

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:55 pm

started battlefield 1 after downloading it off ea access. havent played any of the others and havent really completed a fps since halo 3

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23 am

Just finished Uncharted - Lost Legacy. I probably enjoyed this more than Uncharted 4. It's around half the length but there's more action and gunplay and a lot less padding and climbing.

The final chapter is a real throwback to Uncharted 2 and is simply amazing. For 25 quid you can't go wrong, especially if you're a fan of the series.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPoncho Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:55 am

Got Cuphead for Xbox

What can I say. Looks incredible. Love the artwork in it, the soundtrack is also incredible. But seriously, one of the hardest games I've ever played. On games like these in the past there were usually patterns or something, this just doesn't even care for the control pads it knows you're going to launch across the room over and over and over again.......its worth every penny of the £16 though

Fifa 18, never played last year's except for the journey, again enjoying this

Got forza 7 today but not had chance to play yet

MrPoncho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:49 am

MrPoncho wrote:Got Cuphead for Xbox

I think this is the first time ever that I have wished to own an xbox over a PS. The style alone of cuphead looks amazing.

If it comes to the Switch I reckon I will get a switch.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:20 pm

you can get it on Steam Mac

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Not on my Poopie laptop you can't.

Probably going to get stuck into GT sport as I quite enjoyed the challenge levels on the demo. Wasn't expecting to like it but the handling was a good balance between the sims like project cars (where I spend a lot of time struggling to control the throttle with a pad) and something a little less realistic like Forza.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Super Mario Odyssey.

Epic. Haven't enjoyed a Mario this much since Galaxy 2.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:09 am

Only game I've played since May really is Breath of the Wild. Finished it, with most of the extras complete too, about a month ago. Probably the best thing I've played in about a decade.

I also recently (in the last year) finished both Golden Sun games on Virtual console, have played a little Splatoon, a fair bit of Mario Kart and some Smash Bros WiiU, and completed Assassin's Creed Syndicate whilst I was at home at Christmas.

I( can rarely play games these days, but I do love them
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:10 am

tempted to buy a switch just for breath of the wild only

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:33 am

It is an incredible game, but then again so is Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and the indie stuff such as Golf Story is worth it too.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:08 am

Yeah, BotW is an excellent game and well worth it.

I'd only put The Witcher 3 ahead of it in open world games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:36 am

On that note Witcher is dirt cheap atm due to Black Friday.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:53 am

Been back to Ori and the Blind Forest. Worth checking out if you haven't.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 pm

Resident Evil Director's Cut on the Playstation

Amazing and probably one of the pivotal games ever made

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:55 pm

I was always a bigger fan of Resident Evil 2. Not sure why. I guess I just found the old police station more creepy.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:31 am

Pr4wn wrote:I was always a bigger fan of Resident Evil 2. Not sure why. I guess I just found the old police station more creepy.
Yeah I got Resident Evil 2 here on the Gamecube port (same game but slightly better graphics to PS1, N64 and Dreamcast versions). It did surpass the first game I agree. I have never played Code Veronica which was the official sequel to RE2. Gonna cost me about £25 on the Cube and meant to be super hard but am gonna give it a crack soon

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Just watched the Death Stranding trailer... Not a clue, but it will be quality...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:15 pm

I'm playing South Park: The Fractured But Whole at the moment. Soooooo good.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:18 am

My Xbox died this morning Sad

Where's the best place to get a replacement atm?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:23 am

Anywhere, they will be glad of the extra sales I would imagine... Very Happy

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 am

Hero wrote:My Xbox died this morning Sad

You're 41. Maybe just call it a day on the gaming.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Hero wrote:My Xbox died this morning Sad

You're 41. Maybe just call it a day on the gaming.

So 41 is the cut off point for gaming? Good stuff. A solid 14 years of gaming left for me

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Joking aside, try Cash Converters. Normally your friendly neighbourhood heroin addicts are quite active at this time of year, so there are some good deals to be had...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:42 pm

So what is everyone's Game of the Year?

I'd go with Zelda BotW. I'd have Horizon Zero Dawn at 2 and Mario Odyssey at 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Had the most fun playing Mass Effect to be honest.

Neither BotW or Odessey for me tbh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:06 am

Zelda BotW game of the year for me

Playing Skyrim on VR at the moment

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 pm

Burnout Paradise being remastered, farewell March
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:40 pm

That was a fantastic game.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Remastered Dark Souls is coming out this summer. Can't wait for that.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:19 pm

Have only played 2, was fantastic but needed a lot of hours devoted to it.

Speaking of remakes, been playing Okami - wonderful.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:31 pm

I'm looking forward to Bayonetta on the Switch and also Fe

When I next go to my parents'/brother's house, I'll steal a few hours on Assassin's Creed Origins too
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Ent wrote:Have only played 2, was fantastic but needed a lot of hours devoted to it.

Speaking of remakes, been playing Okami - wonderful.

DS2 was the worst of the series by far. I'd rate DS1, DS3 and also Bloodborne as far better games.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Loved 2 thought it was brilliant.

Played bloodborne briefly but the difficulty put me off.

Why do you rate 2 so poorly?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:06 pm

Especially compared to 1 and 3, it didn't flow properly. The level design was nowhere near as good.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:54 pm

2 had the best PvP out of all of them but that's the only part it excels imo.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:25 pm

Started another playthrough of COD - World at War last night. Forgot how brutal that game can be at times, even on regular. It holds up pretty well for a 10 year old game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:14 am

Turmoil - a little oil drilling game on steam, i'm hooked ha ha

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Syphon Filter - Challenging but a great game

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:02 am

Shadow of War, good game but is starting to get repetitive at the moment

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next