The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Conference Week 5

+5
Trebs
Hero
BamBam
Afro
Holymiky
9 posters

Go down

Press Conference Week 5  Empty Press Conference Week 5

Post by Holymiky Wed 08 Nov 2017, 9:04 am

1). How do you feel about your result in week 4?

2). How do you feel about going into week 5, what do you think of your opponent and how they will handle your tactics?

3). What player do you think is the most important in these management games in terms of winning votes?

4). Best youth signing so far?

5). What fixture are you most looking forward to in this gameweek (not your own)?

6). What do you think of the David Moyes appointment at West Ham?

7). Do you have a plan for your squad in the long term, any philosophies you can share with us?

8). How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

9). Happy with your squad so far? What else do you want to work on?

10). How do you take the advice in the league? Are there certain managers you ignore or do you take it all on board being a professional manager and all?

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Press Conference Week 5  Empty Re: Press Conference Week 5

Post by Afro Wed 08 Nov 2017, 9:38 am

Obviously pleased with the win. the league is tight and anyone can beat anyone else.

2). How do you feel about going into week 5, what do you think of your opponent and how they will handle your tactics?

Haven't looked at it, and actually didn't know who I was playing this week until just now. All I have to say is Wanka

3). What player do you think is the most important in these management games in terms of winning votes?

Used to be striker, but actually feeling CM is the area that is winning or losing games at the moment.

Not going to pick mine (although I'm pleased with getting Vinicious Jnr for nothing and him now being £9m). I like Abel Ruiz, so I'll go for him. A lot seem to be going for youth squad players which differs from my strategy. I am looking at cheap young players who are making first team appearances.

5). What fixture are you most looking forward to in this gameweek (not your own)?

Hero against Trebs will be a cracker.

My opinion of him is probably higher than most from his time at Everton. It probably means we will now be able to sell off our unneeded players in January to them,

7). Do you have a plan for your squad in the long term, any philosophies you can share with us?

No plans, just buy and sell each week as the opportunity arises.

All of it

Still gaps I'd like to fill, but as per the earlier question, it will all depend on what opportunities arise

10). How do you take the advice in the league? Are there certain managers you ignore or do you take it all on board being a professional manager and all?

I listen to all opinions, it would be stupid not to. Everyone else votes on my games, not me, so what they think is more important than what I think!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 08 Nov 2017, 9:59 am

Thought I had enough for the win but knew it would be close

Similar to Afro, didn't know who I was playing till I just checked - Twist is a table topper and I'm propping it up, so will obviously be a massive challenge

Jesus/Asensio

Vinicius from a cash point of view, Foden for pure potential

SAS V Fiorentina - unexpected leaders vs a very strong looking side that has been underperforming

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Win a game. I usually build from the back but am looking at midfield and attack at the moment

Why would he bother

On paper not bad, but really underperforming, or I just rate my players too highly

I'd take anyone's advice, as they are all potential voters!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 08 Nov 2017, 10:18 am

Looking back on my tactics I've done better, There's hardly any mention of what my defenders are doing to which I need to elaborate, I think as well that by writing it just as sentences the main points aren't perhaps being recognized by voters as much and it doesn't look as actual as much content as it's crammed. This though is not to take credit away from Olly who's claimed both my and Afro's scalps in the past fortnight.

Trebs always puts 100% into his tactics though I'm hoping that he'll find it hard to second guess what style and system I'll be playing.

I'd agree with Afro in that a strong CM is the way forward over a goalscorer nowadays.

Carles Alena I've got big hopes for as well as Foden. I actually recommended Ruiz to Miky and wish I'd just waited a week at the time and got him myself.

5). What fixture are you most looking forward to in this gameweek (not your own)? Bam v Twist, 2 managers who go for players I tend to like and I'm also voting on their game.

When the fans are immediately distraught over the appointment you do wonder if the owners are in touch with what the fans want. Though I do love to see West Ham fans get uppity.

Buy young players, wait until the end of the season for their TM rise. Sell them. Clean up in season 2. Simples.

More than the pheasant plucker's son.

Not really settled on a formation as yet, could do still with another option at FBs and perhaps another winger.

Well last week I saw two posts telling me to go all out attack so I did this week and as a result lost with comments saying why did I go all out attack.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 08 Nov 2017, 1:00 pm

1. I was very disappointed. I took a risk which I thought was the right thing to do, but the voters disagreed and that was that. I've discussed my thoughts further with Miky on the game but I've got my views.

2. We'll have to see. Hero on paper has a good team, possibly the best in the league. Having said that, I've got a gameplan and I think I'm capable of beating anyone on my day.

3. It should be the tactics being more important than any one player in my view. At the moment it seems to be a case of who has the most star players wins rather than a thought out analysis of the whole game. Centre midfield may be important though as others have said.

4. There's been loads. I thought Tierney had joined the league ages ago, but obviously not and he's a terrific signing. I haven't really bothered with the youth side of things

5. As usual, other than my own game the most important is the game I'm voting on - which is SAS vs Fiorentina Turner in this case. I do like picking apart the tactics and teams and trying to work out where the game will go.

6. David Moyes is a very under-rated manager I think. Got a sneaky feeling he'll get them a top half finish, but I do feel for Bilic.

7. Buy the best players I can see now to make the best possible side. It's not rocket science.

8. Let's move on (perhaps this should be my answer to a different question).

9. My squad is alright, think I've made some good signings. There's a couple of places I need to improve, another striker would be nice as well as another defensive midfielder.

10. I do try my best to take advice on board, hence the request for clarification on what the feedback meant.
It sort of links back to the first question but at times people need to look at the way the sides would match up, rather than just looking at the two teams in isolation. I could write on for ages but if I genuinely disagree a result it's hard to take. Just to want to put on record that one of the losses I received this season was fully deserved.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 08 Nov 2017, 1:13 pm

Content. Just taking it one week at time. Staying humble. Lot of work ahead. Gotta get better week to week

We're content with where we are in the process, but we recognise we have to #stayhumble and continue to put the work in to reach our end goal. I respect Tino despite him being a Wolves fan, and I think they'll handle my tactics terribly.

The best one, duh. Rolling Eyes

Not interested in these youth squads. We're about the here and now.

We concentrate on ourselves and ourselves only. Take care of number 1 and everything else will fall into place.

So glad to have Fanta Pubes back in our lives

The plan for my squad is to be the best in the league. My philosophy is to win.

Paige nudes. Cuck.

We're content with where we are in the process, but we recognise we have to #stayhumble and continue to put the work in to reach our end goal. All plans will be kept in house.

I ignore Miky and Nando. I don't take advice from anybody else. We believe in our process, and our process only. If we complete our process, we are confident our end goal will be reached.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 08 Nov 2017, 2:14 pm

A surprising win, I thought I had a chance by going 3-4-3 but Twist is top for a reason. He did predict I would play 4-2-3-1 and I didn't, maybe that had more of an influence than my tactics did.

I'm more concerned by what a Marswag even is. Although it'll be interesting to see if Miky sticks to the 3-4-3, I may change system again as it worked to surprise Twist last week.

I do think a group is more important, like a strong CB or CM partnership, or the trio of wingers and striker. Or a strong spine.

Eddie Nketiah. Partly because he scored a couple for Arsenal, and partly because I nabbed him off of Bam Wink

Nothing really stands out, but mainly because every game is close to call with nobody particularly stronger than anybody else.

The guy is a footballing genius and West Ham will end up realising he is the Moyessiah.

Slowly replace the deadwood with new deadwood, and capitalise on Transfermarkt market values.

Seven. No, wait... nine.

I'm happy for now, but nobody in my squad is world class in their position (maybe Mascherano) so I will need to keep going.

I take in advice, but I don't agree with everything anyway. Like the claim Mascherano isn't any good at DM, what's that about anyway Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 09 Nov 2017, 3:05 pm

Holymiky wrote:1). How do you feel about your result in week 4? Wasn't really a surprise Bam had formation changing injuries and the rest of his squad was rubbish.

2). How do you feel about going into week 5, what do you think of your opponent and how they will handle your tactics? I like Afro he's great tactically usually. im going to play 4-4-2 just to banter him

3). What player do you think is the most important in these management games in terms of winning votes? AM or Striker

4). Best youth signing so far? Alan Press Conference Week 5  3559488474

5). What fixture are you most looking forward to in this gameweek (not your own)? Probably Hero vs Trebizzle, Bam vs Twist should be a good game

6). What do you think of the David Moyes appointment at West Ham? Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh #LongLiveFantaPubes

7). Do you have a plan for your squad in the long term, any philosophies you can share with us? nope not really tend to a keep a balanced midfield so a DM/CM/AM

8). How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Ask Olly's ma she chucks wood for a living cos of her extra fingers get purchase on the logs

9). Happy with your squad so far? What else do you want to work on? Probably the wide players. Been playing Cazorla forgot i signed Parolo Laugh

10). How do you take the advice in the league? Are there certain managers you ignore or do you take it all on board being a professional manager and all?Literally give Zero Frak to what is said.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 09 Nov 2017, 4:33 pm

Fair result and as I said feedback was easy to understand. I think every game will be tough now.

Not sure tbh. Bams position is not a reflection of his ability at this so expect another close one.

Going by my result in week 4 and because of how tight it was, I have to say a good CF still reigns supreme.

Pellegri.... only because I have nabbed him off Hero.

Match against Outrage. True test of if I have improved.

Uninspiring really. Bet fans are happy!

Same as Hero's. Think my squad will gain a lot of £££ come season 2.

2,456 pieces

Yep, defense and wingers sorted. Just want a bit more steel in CM and a CF upgrade.

Always listen to advice. I'm not hugely knowlegable at football so do a lot of research prior to matches and buys

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 09 Nov 2017, 4:51 pm

Fernando wrote:im going to play 4-4-2 just to banter him

Coincidence! Me too Hug
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content