The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press conference week 8

+6
Trebs
Hero
Afro
Brooksey79
Marky
Good Golly I'm Olly
10 posters

Go down

Press conference week 8 Empty Press conference week 8

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:25 am

1. Thoughts on your result in week 7? Anything tactical that surprised you? Any considerations to take into the future?

2. If you could take one player from each team in the league, which one would it be and why?

3. Opinions on Hodgson, Moyes, Pardew and Allardyce all back in, or soon to be back in the PL?

4. Why do you think the wingback formation has become so popular over the past season and a half?

5. Which manager would you like to see return to the league one day (our one, not PL)? And why?

6. What should the cap for foreigns rise to in season 2?

7. Grade every Miky Challenge League manager's performance so far this season on a scale of 1-10 (1 being bad, 10 being immense)?

8. One bold prediction that you believe will come to fruition by the end of the 2017/18 season?

9. Do you think England should select Ben Stokes for the 3rd test?

10. Donate to Marky's tache cause if you have not done so already - https://mobro.co/13585706?mc=1
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Press conference week 8 Empty Re: Press conference week 8

Post by Marky Wed 29 Nov 2017, 11:20 am

1. Thoughts on your result in week 7? Anything tactical that surprised you? Any considerations to take into the future?
I'm not surprised I lost to Hero, but I feel my injury hit defence didn't help and I feel I've already addressed that a bit by signing Azpilicueta, so hopefully it's just a speedbump.

2. If you could take one player from each team in the league, which one would it be and why?
Not sure I'd take one from each team, but from the top of my head my XI would be improved by Gianluigi Buffon, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, Marco Asensio and David Silva.

3. Opinions on Hodgson, Moyes, Pardew and Allardyce all back in, or soon to be back in the PL?
The glory days. Proven relegation avoiding managers will always get jobs though. Far too much money at stake for the clubs. Everton don't want Allardyce, but they do need him.

4. Why do you think the wingback formation has become so popular over the past season and a half?
I think it's to do with Chelsea last season and other clubs copying them, was always a very Italian system but it's working at the moment in England. Personally I use it to make the most of my defensively incapable fullbacks in these leagues!

5. Which manager would you like to see return to the league one day (our one, not PL)? And why?
Viva. Because Viva. He's always a good laugh and a good manager tactically.

£55m. With plenty of players up to £45m and a handful of £54m players it would be the logical rise for me.

7. Grade every Miky Challenge League manager's performance so far this season on a scale of 1-10 (1 being bad, 10 being immense)?
Olly - 10
Everyone else - 1

8. One bold prediction that you believe will come to fruition by the end of the 2017/18 season?
Spurs still won't have won anything.

I think he should have been there throughout. 3rd test may be too late.

10. Donate to Marky's tache cause if you have not done so already - https://mobro.co/13585706?mc=1
No. You can't make me.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooksey79 Wed 29 Nov 2017, 11:23 am

nothing shocks me in terms of my ability to lose a game - I'll try to be less shiete in future.

.........................Horn
.................Jones..Sokratis..Christensen
Zappacosta
.................Milinkovic-Savic
.........................Iniesta
........................Jesus.....Zlatan......

the bulk ofa new less wanky side.

proof if any required it's not foreign managers killing the chances of British coaches but the fact these recurring failiures or as they're now known as "firefighters" keep getting employment..Albion will be here again next year looking for another gaffer as will everton and west ham

gives flexibility plus can field 2 or even 3 attackers without losing too much of the midfield battle. but can also just say it's because of all the foreign managers coming here

Nadz, he's the only one here I know of that's not managing currently

45-50m

Hero - 8
Olly - 9
Afro - 7
Milky - 7
Marky - 7
Twist - 6
Trebs - 5
Nando - 5
Bam - 1
Tino - 1

Buffon will play for one more year

they need him, is he fit? I know he's in NZ

Brooksey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Wed 29 Nov 2017, 11:53 am

Disappointed. Nothing surprised me on the tactics as Trebs is always strong, but I genuinely thought I had done enough to win, and put more thought into my tactics than previously. It was the most confident I have been this season, so was gutted it didn’t turn out as expected.

Fussball – Rashford, Moron – Rabiot, SAS – Mertens, Outrage – Pellegrini, Marswag – Robben, Shakhtar – Azpilicueta, Ebbsfleet – Goretzka, Tina Turner – Belotti, Wanka – Fekir

Whilst it is good that British managers are being given jobs, I’d like to see more of the younger managers who have done well to be given a chance, rather than the same merry-go-round. Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe should have been right at the top of the list for Everton IMO.

Formations go in cycles. I remember when CBs with WBs was fashionable in the 90s. People work out tactics to counter current trends and we move on again. Won’t be long until 4-4-2 is back in!

Viva for his stedfast refusal to any deal that wasn’t heavily in his favour

£54m. Not too high, but brings a large enough pool of players into the mix to keep interest.

Hero – 9  - clear at the top of the table, can’t ask for more than that. Only the loss to Olly stops him getting a 10
Olly – 9 – been superb. Matches Hero because although he is 3 points behind, expectation was lower and he has taken some big scalps
Afro – 4 – bit lacklustre, went two weeks without buying or selling anyone. But still picking up the points and ready to fire going forward!
Miky – 7 – done well and accumulated a more than decent points hawl, but done so quietly with minimal fanfair
Marky – 7 – at one point I thought he was on a roll and would storm on. Bit unlucky to lose to Hero this week, but remains to be seen if he can get the ball rolling again
Twist – 7 – come into his own this league. More confidence in his signings. Seems to be sliding down the league as other teams catch up, so remains to be seen if he can turn it around.
Trebs – 5 – feel he is a bit disillusioned, but I am hoping the positive result this week will give him the lift needed
Nando – 3 – I get the impression he is less bothered than me Laugh
Bam – 5 - don’t want to be too harsh as he missed an important period where loads of signings were being made. But the table doesn’t lie
Tino – 3 – this is proper managers now, none of that ja606 second rate stuff. No seriously, think he has done okay without the results, but it is results that matter in this game

Liverpool will buy some decent defenders

If he is available, then yes. He is one of our best players, so why wouldn’t you pick him.

Done
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 29 Nov 2017, 12:32 pm

I'd noticed Marky had done a few cut and pastes with his tactics so I'd made the decision to be bold in going against what he done beforehand, had to though pick the week he decided to change it! Luckily he'd tried to second guess me as well and it still kinda fell into my hands with his WBs exposed v Asensio/Dembele

SAS - Mertens
Moron - Guedes
CapeCoast - Lozano
Marswag - Tolisso
Shaktar - Jesus
Ebbsfleet - Goretzka
Fiorentina - Chiesa
Wanka - Fekir
Fussball - Rashford

Not really a fan of any of them tbh.

Fads, the new 4231.

Azzy or Nick, both mental.

I'd like a rolling one each week, think it creates a buzz of excitement knowing who's coming up.

Me - 8, transfer wise I got in quick on 2 of the biggies but there were a few I still kick myself over that I shouldn't have let slip. Tactically I hope I've shown in a few games I'm more than just a transfer manager.
Olly - 9, the Ranieri of the league, just dilly ding dilly donging along.
Afro - 6, on paper a really strong team, just not quite clicked as it should, still expect in the 2nd half of the season to push for the title.
Twist - 9, lost a couple of games but has taken back to these games like a duck to water, puts in a huge amount of work into scouting players.
Marky & Miky - 7, both solid performances and in the mix.
Trebs - 6, can like last week pull off a blinder and remind everyone on his day he can have a masterstroke, and then he'll follow it up with another Trebs style signing.
Bam -5, playing catch up, think he'll start to rise up the table in the coming weeks especially now he's spent the Hendo cash.
Nando - 5, pretty decent set of players but having to rush out tactics at times isn't helping him
Tino - 4, The 200 word count isn't helping him, hope my advice makes it easier for him in the coming weeks.

Conte will be gone

Genuinely don't give a rats ass about cricket, if he is good then yes, if he isn't then no.

Already did at the beginning of the month, pleased though to see that at the end of the month his effort is worse than what I could manage and my facial hair is patchy at best

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 29 Nov 2017, 12:53 pm

1. I'm delighted with the result, and very surprised. I think my team is very close to the finished article - perhaps there was a bit of apathy as other managers have mentioned. However, I must not get distracted from my most important goal: to get a team of players who have played or currently play for Man United.

2. Not sure if this is the correct way to answer:
Deportivo Moron - Tom Heaton (maybe Adrian Rabiot)
SAS - Dries Mertens
Cape-Coast - Andres Iniesta
Kalamazoo - Marco Asensio
Marswag - Corentin Tolisso
Shakhtar - Cesar Azpilacueta
Ebbsfleet - David Silva
Fiorentina Turner - Edin Dzeko
Deportivo W. - Marcos Alonso

3. David Moyes isn't a bad manager and I think has something to prove. Not convinced on Pardew, and even less convinced on Allardyce making a potential return.

4. I'm not sure if this question refers to in-league tactics, or real life. But if it's in the league, then because people are sick of the same old 4-2-3-1. It's a good option to have really.

5. There's loads who have come and gone. I'd rather celebrate those that are here rather than look back at the glory days.

6. The most important thing for this league is ensure that cash always means something. If we don't raise the limit high enough, then we'll be in trouble. I'd probably make it so that it's unlimited for season 2 with the intention of the league finishing at the end of the season. That would take us nicely to the end of the real life football season and 36 games is a good run. Perhaps four short seasons with each team playing each other once would have been better.

7. My thoughts are:
Bam - Had a tough start being away from the league, he's steadily improved though and I'm sure won't finish the season second bottom. 04
Olly - I thought young Olly would surprise a few and he has done, sitting close to the top. 09
Afro - Has done his usual impressive job. I was surprised to win our game this week. I don't think Afro will win the league despite possible expectations to do so, but with the competitiveness, finishing second or third is a good job. 07.
Hero - Some very good young players to cash in on and top of the league. 09
Miky - The baby-faced (silent?) assassin has done reasonably well, strengthened where necessary playing the patient game. Good work. 08
Marky - Not sure he has a side on paper as good as the top teams but in a decent position in the league and obviously has Jesus. 07
Twist - Made a very promising start, but has tailed off a bit. Still in a decent midtable position. 07.
Tino - Has struggled a bit with the big boys since moving from being the big fish in a small pond. 04
Nando - A very good team but some questionable tactics have left him in a sad position. 03.

8. Leicester to end up playing in the Europa League.

9. He's meant to be a good player, who likes a party. I don't know enough about cricket to answer if I'm being brutally honest.

10. Maybe

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 29 Nov 2017, 1:47 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:1. Thoughts on your result in week 7? Anything tactical that surprised you? Any considerations to take into the future? Very happy with the win, Surprised twist playe Goretzka outwide should of been Ljajic for me. Yeah my tactics are going to be consistently late so i can do them properply Laugh

Kalamazoo - Thiago Silva
Cape Coast - Lozano (just cos it would irk Afro)
Shaktar - Jesus
Ebbsfleet - Goretzka
SAS - Mertens
Marswag - Tolisso
Futball - Casemiro
D.Moron - Tah
Tina Turner - Belotti

Woy is doing well with palace Benteke seems to be getting more confident, Pardew will do well at WBA if he gets time & Fat Sam is everton being desperate cos no one else will take the job.

Because it's been successful everywhere it's been used so far hence people adopt it.

5. Which manager would you like to see return to the league one day (our one, not PL)? And why? Viva i miss that glorious I am a twonk of the highest order (f**k you azzy nonce)

6. What should the cap for foreigns rise to in season 2? 45m due to a sheer lack of players between 30-40m

Hero - 8 You'd expect this from his side
Olly - 9 - No one expected him to take this seriously
Afro - 8 - See Hero for reference
Miky - 8 - Doing a very good job
Marky - 5 - Expect better from him
Twist - 7 - Probably overachieving his side atm
Trebs - 2 - Severely underachieving due to insistence on buying sh*t united players
Me - 3 - Lack of effort put in so far
Bam - 2 - Should be doing better
Tino - Minus 1 - cos your Poopie lad despite your front line you should be pissing this in the top half minimum

Callum Wilson to go to the world cup

If he gets cleared i don't see why not plus i want to see him punch Warner in the face

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 29 Nov 2017, 1:53 pm

Disappointed if I am honest as felt I played the tactics to nullify Wanka's attacking threat and still get a lot of joy up front as well. But this league is so evenly poised at the moment then anyone can beat anyone. I think it is the case of concentrating on my first 11 more than my opponents.

SAS - Mertens
Cape Coast - Fabinho
Outrage - Pellegrini
Marswag - Tolisso
Fussball - Rashford
Shakhtar - Jesus
Turner - Belotti
Wanka - Fekir

Reason being I think they would improve my team

Hodgson and Moyes I don't rate at all. Seems far too stuck in their ways. I sooner have Pardew than Allardyce as manager

Because that what FB's are now....attacking players more than the Stuart Peace/Julian Dicks type FB's Laugh It is like right/left midfielders have died out and it is more attacking wingers or even strikers

Fan - was a funny guy. I see Trebs becoming more like him as he gets older.

I said that I would like it to go up slowly to prolong the life of the league. Think I said £40m but I hadn't seen how many players were on offer. Thing to remember is people will go down in price as they get older and definitely go up in price as well. Bound to be a few £30m+ that will drop below that before season ends.

Afro, Hero - 8
Olly - 10
Trebs - 6
Nando - 6
Bam - 6
Brooksey - 7
Marky - 8

Kane will get injured and not make the World Cup

Can he be? I thought he was out for the series regardless. If not, then yeah! He is one of our key players

Okay Smile

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 Nov 2017, 2:14 pm

Solid win over a good opponent. Felt confident I had tactically scouted Bam out well for this one, and his injuries really helped fall into my plan of negating his superior midfield (seeing as Diawara/Lemina were both out). A rare occasion of guessing correct tactically! I think over the past few weeks the rating of Gervinho has surprised me a little, a mistake not playing him more earlier on my part it would seem

Wanka - Mousa Dembele cos he's an absolute tank
Marswag - Jan Verthonghen cos imo he's one of if not the best CBs in the league, and is actually underrated I think for how good he is
Fussball - Dimitri Payet for free kick bossing
Outrage - Marco Asensio, can you imagine him with Mertens/Son in a front three? Splooge everywhere
Moron - Kai Havertz cos he's amazing and about to get a boss rise in TM value when he moves to Liverpool
Fiorentina - Gigi Buffon - best GK in da league
Senseless - SELL ME GABRIEL JESUS FFS
Ebbsfleet - Love me some Leon Goretzka
Dwarfs - Jose Callejon so i can rekindle some of that sweet Napoli play

I think Woy is underrated as a mid table PL manager personally, he's not good enough for the top level jobs but Palace he'll do well at
Moyes - has just walked into yet another toxic situation at WHU after leaving Sunderland - his choice of jobs post Utd has been bizarre
Pards will do his usual fine for 6 months then rubbish
Allardyce - not sure if he has the right tools at Everton to be a success tbh, their summer recruitment was so awful im not sure how he can turn it around

Cos Italy bossed at the World Cup with it, and Conte has done what he did at Chelsea with it.

Apart from obviously Sodhat (<3), it would have to be PINEAPPLEHEAD

£45m

Me - 8 - I'm doing alright so far (although I still have a lot of deadwood to shed)
Hero - 9 - would be a 10 if he didn't have such horrible attire taste
Afro - 7 - doing fine but loses a point for losing to me, shame on you
Twister - 8 - very solid but a tactical mishap this week I think bumps you down a mark
Marky - 8 - was a 10 then he sold Pedro cos he's a madman
Tino - 5 - got a very good squad imo just needs to translate that to tactics
Bam - 5 - as said above he missed a crucial point and is playing catch up, and he was lumbered with Jordan Henderson the poor bloke
Maggle - 7 - very solid if unspectacular so far, improving each week tactically for me
Nando - i would say -100 you've been crap you moomin
trebs - 6 - his transfer dealings are letting his tactical nous down imho

West Ham and Newcastle will be relegated

Obviously yes

Will do tonight babes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Wed 29 Nov 2017, 3:31 pm

Twist missed me off Sad

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 29 Nov 2017, 3:33 pm

I wouldn't take it personally, he also either missed me off the teams he'd want a player from / or decided they are all crap Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 06 Dec 2017, 11:32 am

I get spanked every week, what's new Laugh - I went after Olly's midfield and he removed it from being much of a consideration so no surprises

Off the top of my head - Chiesa, Asensio, Jesus, Goretzka, Mertens, Fekir, Tolisso, Rashford

And they wonder why young british managers get no chances

Chelsea and Juve have been so successful, and its just fashionable - until someone ruins a team playing it, it will remain so

Viva or Azzy

45m

Hero - 8 (comfortably in the lead before week 8, looks very well set)
Olly - 9 (best performance vs initial expectations)
Marky - 8 (looks very solid to me, think he could win it)
Afro - 7 (would expect stronger performance, not sure the Jesus deal was the right one to make)
Twist - 7 (performed well, think there could be more to come)
Miky - 6 (think he can improve, but a good start)
Trebs - 6 (similar to Miky)
Nando - 5 (would be higher if he gave a schit)
Tino - 4 (better than me, worse than the rest)
Bam - 2 (only not a 1 because i started 2 weeks late)

Klopp to get new teeth

Undoubtedly,

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 06 Dec 2017, 1:55 pm

BamBam wrote:I wouldn't take it personally, he also either missed me off the teams he'd want a player from / or decided they are all crap Laugh

Laugh sorry guys

Miky I rate you a 7

Moron I would say Richliarson

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down