The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

+38
Tramptastic
RDW
BigGee
tigertattie
George Carlin
TheMildlyFranticLlama
jimbopip
Eejit
EWT Spoons
Hazel Sapling
21st Century Schizoid Man
Cambo
EST
des
TJ
VinceWLB
Welly
NeilyBroon
Majestic83
munkian
MacKnocked-on
Geordie
demosthenes
Scottrf
furra_linee
LordDowlais
RuggerRadge2611
A Simply Mesmeric Try
BamBam
highland_scot
IanBru
reallybored
nickj
lostinwales
tatterd
LondonTiger
R!skysports
42 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 16 Empty The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by R!skysports Wed 03 Jan 2018, 10:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Bicker away......

A nice video to start with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9dwHAfy_M

Glasgow Warriors are one of the two professional rugby union sides from Scotland. The team plays in the Pro14 league and in the European Professional Club Rugby tournaments. In the 2014-15 season they won the Pro12 title and became the first Scottish team to win a major trophy in rugby union's professional era. #theyrock

Edinburgh Rugby (formerly Edinburgh Reivers, Edinburgh Gunners and a real rugby team) is one of the two professional rugby teams from Scotland, although hard to determine if they play rugby. The club competes dances in the Pro14, along with Glasgow Warriors, its oldest rival. Since January 2017, Edinburgh plays most of its home games at Myreside Stadium with selected matches at BT Murrayfield.

kiss

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 16 Davefr10

Last edited by R!skysports on Fri 05 Jan 2018, 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 16 Empty Re: The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by des Tue 01 May 2018, 1:00 pm

My main problem will be the kick off times.

7:35 on Fridays is just about perfect for me as I can put my daughters to bed, get to Murrayfield by bike and only be 5 minutes late.  Later would be fine but it sounded like there was maybe going to be an earlier Friday game which would cause problems.  The SRU are unlikely to want too many Saturday afternoon games either although one or 2 would suit me fine.

I don't think I'll be buying the PS package as as it would also mean picking up a Virgin TV package that I don't want.

des

Back to top Go down

The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war….. - Page 16 Empty Re: The average age of a Scotland Front row is nnnnnnnnn19 - A thread for Glasgow and Edinburgh go to banter war…..

Post by Tramptastic Tue 01 May 2018, 1:04 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Super 6 teams announced, some mighty odd choices:

Ayr
Boroughmuir
Heriots
Melrose
Stirling County
Watsonians

No clubs from Glasgow, 3 from Edinburgh.  I get Edinburgh having a higher representation due to the number of clubs, but seems like a missed opportunity not to have a club from Glasgow.

The SRU were due f*ck up at some point - depending who you talk to, Boroughmuir were in dire need of cash so this was maybe a lifeline but surely it would have made more sense to give an opportunity to Hawks, no? Maybe it's based on the performance of the pro teams - now that Glasgow are the 2nd best pro team in Scotland, their feeder clubs get less money?

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 01 May 2018, 1:40 pm

Tramptastic wrote:

Ayr
Boroughmuir
Heriots
Melrose
Stirling County
Watsonians

No clubs from Glasgow, 3 from Edinburgh.  I get Edinburgh having a higher representation due to the number of clubs, but seems like a missed opportunity not to have a club from Glasgow.

The SRU were due f*ck up at some point - depending who you talk to, Boroughmuir were in dire need of cash so this was maybe a lifeline but surely it would have made more sense to give an opportunity to Hawks, no? Maybe it's based on the performance of the pro teams - now that Glasgow are the 2nd best pro team in Scotland, their feeder clubs get less money?

On the face of it, that does seem more than a little bit imbalanced. You can only assume that Hawks did not really manage to put together a very good bid compared to the others.

With only 6 to go through, there were always going to be some big disappointments. I should imagine that Currie are feeling a little bit aggrieved as well. If it proves successful an they manage to get the numbers up to 8 clubs, it might sit a bit better and seem more fair. For the good of Scottish rugby though, we really should get behind it and wish it success.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Tue 01 May 2018, 1:43 pm

BigGee wrote:
Tramptastic wrote:

Ayr
Boroughmuir
Heriots
Melrose
Stirling County
Watsonians

On the face of it, that does seem more than a little bit imbalanced. You can only assume that Hawks did not really manage to put together a very good bid compared to the others.

With only 6 to go through, there were always going to be some big disappointments. I should imagine that Currie are feeling a little bit aggrieved as well. If it proves successful an they manage to get the numbers up to 8 clubs, it might sit a bit better and seem more fair. For the good of Scottish rugby though, we really should get behind it and wish it success.

Och I'm behind it, I'm all for making sure amateur rugby in Scotland remains amateur, I will probably end up picking a team that I bear no imagined grudges against and end up supporting them!

Really hope they do expand it to 8 teams down the line and that Hawks get a proper shot!

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 01 May 2018, 1:47 pm

It has certainly drawn a lot of controversy having 3 teams from Edinburgh and none from Glasgow. Ultimately it had to come down to the 6 clubs most capable of making it work, but you've got to wonder how there is room for 3 semi-pro teams in Edinburgh in terms of players, supporters and commercial opportunities. If Hawks were there they could have drawn on the support of the whole city. Ayr is pretty far out the way! Hawks certainly believe they put together an outstanding bid and have been the most critical of the decision.

It is a shame to see Currie missing out - they have built something pretty special over the last few years, based on young Scottish talent and a young Scottish coach. Boroughmuir on the other hand have been struggling of late, as have Heriots and Watsons to an extent.

Hopefully it can be expanded to 8 teams with Currie and Hawks added, although that would mean 4 teams in Edinburgh!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 01 May 2018, 2:52 pm

I can’t see the amateur game becoming actually amateur, there will be ways round it. Players will sign for a team and “work” for the clubs sponsors or also have a job at the club that they get a wage for.

There are ways around this.

I’m in favour of trying something I just don’t know what the s6 will achieve as it’s the same teams, same fans, same pretty much everything, but a smaller league and a slight financial incentive from the SRU.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 01 May 2018, 4:50 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:I can’t see the amateur game becoming actually amateur, there will be ways round it.  Players will sign for a team and “work” for the clubs sponsors or also have a job at the club that they get a wage for.

There are ways around this.

I’m in favour of trying something I just don’t know what the s6 will achieve as it’s the same teams, same fans, same pretty much everything, but a smaller league and a slight financial incentive from the SRU.

Players being provided with flats free of rent by club benefactors was a common one for a few years in the Scottish Prem.

I'm guessing one hope is that stronger Scottish Prem players just below Glasgow/Edinburgh level such as Jason Hill can be tempted back from the Championship.

It will be interesting to see what sort of standard players such as Fraser Thomson at Melrose can reach with more time to train as well. Thomson is a player who was offered a 1 year deal by Glasgow but turned it down for better job security outside of rugby. Later developers such as Thomson that just missed out on the pro teams might have a chance to keep developing more as players.

If the Super 6 can keep more of those players developing in Scotland, bring a few SQP Championship players back and prevent U20 players stalling in their development going from age grade to senior rugby then it could have a place. I'm yet to be convinced though.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 01 May 2018, 5:13 pm

Doing nothing was not really an option for the SRU, there is a huge gap between pro rugby and the club game in Scotland that needs to be addressed. At the moment far to few of our up and coming players, and we have a decent amount of them, are staying in the game.

This set up is aimed at the younger players coming through who might be willing to commit to a few years of poorly paid club rugby to see if they might make the grade. You would imagine it would particularly appeal to students. It is hard to see older players who are in established careers taking the hit financially to join in with this.

There is a lot that is not clear still and we will have to see how it pans out over the next year or so before it starts and just who is going to commit to it.

We also have to know more about the cross boarder games that are being mooted. At the moment 10 games a season in a league of 6 is not going to be enough to sustain it.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 01 May 2018, 6:30 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Luke Hamilton confirmed on twitter he's leaving Leicester but no mention of where he's going. Neither Edinburgh or Glasgow really desperately need him but I'm sure neither would turn him down!

Like is from around my way, and talk was he has signed for Edinburgh.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 01 May 2018, 10:24 pm

Cockers has acknowledged the scrum half problem and has even said there's been discussions about moving a Glasgow 9 across, probably pyrgos. That would work for Edinburgh but would leave Glasgow short - Shiel back to Glasgow?? You can have Fowles - he's a great player honestly...!

https://theoffsideline.com/23338-2/

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 01 May 2018, 10:33 pm

Scott Steele to Glasgow maybe?
Not heard anything about it just putting 2 + 2

Out of contract with Irish end of season not re-signed as of yet I think.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 01 May 2018, 11:09 pm

I would have thought he would be after either Price or Horne rather than Henry P.

They are both young and similar players and both would fancy being the starting 9, which is not going to be possible at Glasgow. Henry's days as a starting 9, I suspect are numbered. He is probably better deployed as the finisher now and at his stage of career is more likely to accept that role.

If Cockers is going to take someone from Glasgow then surely it will be someone he is looking to build a team around. Now Edinburgh are performing consistently and are in the Champs cup they are a much more attractive proposition to an ambitious player.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Wed 02 May 2018, 8:03 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Cockers has acknowledged the scrum half problem and has even said there's been discussions about moving a Glasgow 9 across, probably pyrgos. That would work for Edinburgh but would leave Glasgow short - Shiel back to Glasgow?? You can have Fowles - he's a great player honestly...!

https://theoffsideline.com/23338-

Nico prefers to play 9...

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 02 May 2018, 8:39 am

demosthenes wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Cockers has acknowledged the scrum half problem and has even said there's been discussions about moving a Glasgow 9 across, probably pyrgos. That would work for Edinburgh but would leave Glasgow short - Shiel back to Glasgow?? You can have Fowles - he's a great player honestly...!

https://theoffsideline.com/23338-

Nico prefers to play 9...

All the more reason why Glasgow could let one of their starting 9's go.

Nico has been side-lined a bit recently and he is to good a player to leave out of the mix, bringing him back in closer to the action may be no bad thing. DR does not seem quite sure what to do with him atm.

You wonder about the fact that Cockers is even talking about this might suggest a deal has already been done. They have known that SHC has been off for a while and that the rest of the SH options at the club are not fit for purpose. Otherwise why mention it and start a frenzy of speculation!

Interestingly in wishing SHC good luck in his new venture he also mentioned that a move might help him grow up and mature a bit as well. I think he may well be right on that count as well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 02 May 2018, 8:40 am

Thing is Edinburgh need an experienced, proven performer at 9 and I can't imagine Rennie will want to let Price or Horne go. HP is only 28 FFS so is in the peak of his playing years and has a good 3 or 4 years at the top left which is more than enough time to build a team around - a move to Edinburgh being the regular 9 will do his world cup chances a lot of good too.

Price's form has nosedived since the autumn, with the Wales game massively denting his confidence (shame he didn't learn from his mistakes with the Scarlets intercept too). I hope he doesn't do a SHC and go off the boil for a few seasons, although I can't see that happening - SHC was playing in a crap Edinburgh team at the time whereas Price should be in a good Glasgow team to get him through.

I wouldn't say no to any of the Glasgow 9s but I think Pyrgos is the sensible choice, and probably the best choice for Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 02 May 2018, 8:47 am

Jamie Lyall tweeted last night that HP was sounded out for a move to Edinburgh earlier on this season but was not keen on it.

Maybe the improved form and the thought of playing behind that Edinburgh pack and being the starting 9 will have changed his mind.

It is a hard one to call, but I do suspect a deal has already been done.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 02 May 2018, 8:52 am

I think there's less stigma about a move to Edinburgh now - we're in the Champions Cup, have a top class coach and a pack that is a match for anyone in the league. With the players we have in the backline now (Hickey, Dean, Bennett, VDM, Kinghorn etc) we have plenty excitement there too.

HP might also like the chance to win with 1872 again!

The main negative is the home match experience, with Murrayfield being a big drop down from a sold out Scotstoun, but that should hopefully get better with time too.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 02 May 2018, 9:03 am

Whilst on paper if we are to get one of the Glasgow 9s it would likely be HP, I just wonder though if Price and Horne are too similar. If Rennie wants to change the style of play to see games out, neither Price nor Horne seem ideal for that role, whereas HP does.

Of course if Rennie wants to keep Glasgow’s style throughout then having both Price and Horne does make sense, but it doesn’t really offer a plan b, especially with Niko the other 9 at the club.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 02 May 2018, 9:19 am

I don't think it is a done deal, I think now Edinburgh have secured CC rugby this is cockers flexing his muscles now with the SRU.

He has his eyes on a Glasgow 9 obviously but reckon it is Price, but will prob settle for HP.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 02 May 2018, 9:22 am

EWT Spoons wrote:Whilst on paper if we are to get one of the Glasgow 9s it would likely be HP, I just wonder though if Price and Horne are too similar.  If Rennie wants to change the style of play to see games out, neither Price nor Horne seem ideal for that role, whereas HP does.

Of course if Rennie wants to keep Glasgow’s style throughout then having both Price and Horne does make sense, but it doesn’t really offer a plan b, especially with Niko the other 9 at the club.

I tend to agree with that and Glasgow may not eventually be big enough for both Price and Horne, who will want to be top dog and will both be looking for full international wages at some point in the not to distant future. You would imagine a move to Edinburgh would involve some financial compensation as well as maybe a longer contract. Both are out of contract next year I think.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 02 May 2018, 9:27 am

Welly wrote: I don't think it is a done deal, I think now Edinburgh have secured CC rugby this is cockers flexing his muscles now with the SRU.

He has his eyes on a Glasgow 9 obviously but reckon it is Price, but will prob settle for HP.  

I think Horne is the likely Scotland SH going forward, he will surely get capped this summer. If DR had to choose one of Price and Horne to keep then I bet he would go for George Horne. He seems to have made him his starter already.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 02 May 2018, 9:41 am

Heard talk that Cockers wants Hamilton at Edinburgh.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Wed 02 May 2018, 9:46 am

I wonder if Finlay Christie from the Hurricanes might be on the radar of Edinburgh/SRU?

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 02 May 2018, 9:51 am

I believe he's signed a new contract fairly recently so whilst he might be on the radar, I don't think they could get him currently

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 02 May 2018, 9:54 am

MacKnocked-on wrote:I wonder if Finlay Christie from the Hurricanes might be on the radar of Edinburgh/SRU?  

If whoever is doing the Scottish Exiles job in NZ has not made some kind of contact with him, then you would have to say they are not really earning their money!

Whether he comes or not might depend on if he feels he is anywhere in the AB's pecking order. He is still young and has got plenty time on his side.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 02 May 2018, 11:53 am

Jacko signs on for the Warriors for another year.

Another good bit of business as he has played very well for us this year.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by furra_linee Wed 02 May 2018, 4:04 pm

Good to hear Jacko has signed up. Always thought he was a bit flaky but he's fronted up well this year.

In other, totally unrelated news, I hear Ayr have secured the services of the Danish International Scrum-half for the coming season.

furra_linee

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 02 May 2018, 4:26 pm

Vernon, Sarto, Vanuisa, Russell, Grant and McArthur all confirmed as leaving Glasgow at the end of the season.

RV has never really recovered from his last injury unfortunately. Probably not how he wanted to end his career, but you don't always get to choose and he takes a lot of better memories with him. Stuck on 99 caps for Gasgow unfortunately and I don't see him featuring in the play offs.

Sarto could have been a Glasgow great had he managed to stay fit. When he played he was brilliant, but really hardly featured and was not great value for money. A very good player though and I am sure someone else will take a punt on him.

Grant, Russell and McArthur we already knew about and Vanuisa has unfortunately been disappointing and won't really be missed. We could do with a serious lump coming into the back row to replace him.

Nothing about any of the SHs leaving!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by furra_linee Wed 02 May 2018, 4:48 pm

Sad to see Sarto go.

furra_linee

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 03 May 2018, 7:53 am

Why is Sarto going? There is an argument that he is the best winger that we have when he's fit.
It is just a fitness thing? He cannot be that old.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 03 May 2018, 8:02 am

He's barely been fit and when he is he's away with Italy a lot - not a good use of money. Plus DTH is better and he's back.

George Horne won player of the year at Glasgow's awards last night - he's certainly not moving to Edinburgh!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 03 May 2018, 8:29 am

I am going to kidnap him. He is only a wee fella - we need him this end of the M8. You can keep price and Pyrgos

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 03 May 2018, 8:30 am

TJ wrote:I am going to kidnap him.  He is only a wee fella - we need him this end of the M8.  You can keep price and Pyrgos

Got to try and catch him first! Run

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 03 May 2018, 8:44 am

I have a big net

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 03 May 2018, 8:50 am

The smart money is on Ali Price. Still a lot better than what you have got.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 03 May 2018, 9:00 am

Don’t get me wrong I’d be delighted with Ali Price, but I still think the most sensible option for all parties is HP. The only caveat to that is that it would leave Glasgow with 3 mental scrumhalfs!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 03 May 2018, 9:16 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Don’t get me wrong I’d be delighted with Ali Price, but I still think the most sensible option for all parties is HP. The only caveat to that is that it would leave Glasgow with 3 mental scrumhalfs!

ahhh come on now. You can't class Horne the Younger/Better and Price in the same mental category of Nico.

The correct phrase would be "leave Glasgow with 2 unpredictable scrum halves and 1 who scientists could study for decades only to conclude that he was the one that flew over the cuckoo's nest!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 03 May 2018, 10:26 am

Could Cockers cope with the amount of products in Ali Price’s hair at any given time?

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 03 May 2018, 10:37 am

Tim Visser has retired from international rugby!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 03 May 2018, 11:13 am

If matowalo comes to Edinburgh would cockers explode?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 03 May 2018, 11:51 am

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Could Cockers cope with the amount of products in Ali Price’s hair at any given time?

That alone may make him qualified to play for Edinburgh!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 03 May 2018, 12:09 pm

BigGee wrote:
TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Could Cockers cope with the amount of products in Ali Price’s hair at any given time?

I think the days of Edinburgh being the metrosexual jessies are long over, especially since the poster boy SHC is off - between Price's hair gel, Jackson's hipster moustache and Finn Russell's playboy lifestyle Glasgow score much higher on the manscaped stakes!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 03 May 2018, 12:15 pm

still and ugly smelly bunch by and large those weegies .

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 03 May 2018, 12:23 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
BigGee wrote:

I think the days of Edinburgh being the metrosexual jessies are long over, especially since the poster boy SHC is off - between Price's hair gel, Jackson's hipster moustache and Finn Russell's playboy lifestyle Glasgow score much higher on the manscaped stakes!

Don't know about that, if you scratch the surface, I am sure there is still a luvie or two trying to get out somewhere, no matter how hard Cockers tries to repress it!

It may cost them a fortune in therapy later on in life, trying to find their inner metrosexual again!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 03 May 2018, 1:37 pm

Remember Cockers had Young as his 9 for 11 years.
I'm sure he would be fine with most 9's as long as they are committed....

Although a Mata and Niki 8/9 combo would be interesting to watch.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Thu 03 May 2018, 2:25 pm

Goodness no Welly.

That combo would have our 10 standing in the pocket just scratching his head trying to figure out what on earth was going on!

Nico can only play in two teams, Glasgow, or Fiji.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Thu 03 May 2018, 2:31 pm

Speaking of Mata, I'm glad he recently signed a contract extension. Once the rest of Europe realise how good he's getting I'm sure there will be a lot of interest. He was immense at the weekend

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 May 2018, 8:42 am

TheMildlyFranticLlama wrote:Speaking of Mata, I'm glad he recently signed a contract extension. Once the rest of Europe realise how good he's getting I'm sure there will be a lot of interest. He was immense at the weekend

Mata has been an absolute beast since around Christmas time and must be one of the form 8s in the league. When he signed he was a little underwhelming but he has really grown as a player this season - his carrying is absolutely brutal and he's put in some huge hits. If he carries on like this next season I can see the big boys circling like they did for Nakarawa.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Fri 04 May 2018, 8:53 am

With this chat about Cockerill eyeing up a Glasgow 9, there seems to be a bit of concern from Glasgow fans about being left with only 2 9s.  This is of course ignoring that Matawalu is in theory a 9.

So here’s my solution:

• Edinburgh take Pyrgos, who is likely to be 1st choice at Edinburgh, but is currently 3rd choice at Glasgow.
• Glasgow take Fowles, who (as things stand) is likely to be 1st choice at Edinburgh next season, but would be 3rd choice at Glasgow.

Fowles is a controlling 9 who will slow the game down and see it out, which is pretty much the role Pyrgos has been playing at Glasgow of late, so they are not significantly weaker than they are now at 9.

I realise some may think this is a double win for Edinburgh, getting a good 9 and getting rid of Fowles, which in some ways it is, but it’s also not a terrible solution to the 3rd SH position at Glasgow.  The problem Edinburgh have is that Fowles has to start and play as first choice, which isn’t ideal as he’s not of sufficient quality for that, but to come on and see a game out, would probably suit him.

Plus at Edinburgh he's not learning/developing from a good 9, at Glasgow he would be under the coaching of Blair, who I suspect could get him to a level where he's actually half decent.

Of course the better option would be for Edinburgh to try and attract the like of Velacott away from England and get him, but I suspect that ship has sailed and he’s made his choice.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 04 May 2018, 8:57 am

If we manage to swap Price for Fowles I don't think I'll stop laughing for around a week.

I can see what you're saying and sort of agree, but I can't imagine it would go down well with the weegies!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next