The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

+29
LeinsterFan4life
lostinwales
RDW
Heaf
Tattie Scones RRN
Mcsweens
Mad for Chelsea
sensisball
RiscaGame
Tramptastic
Margin_Walker
No 7&1/2
Anglobraveheart
EWT Spoons
demosthenes
Old Man
EST
tigertattie
TJ
Highland Shaun
Geordie
bsando
doctor_grey
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
TheMildlyFranticLlama
BigGee
jimbopip
George Carlin
33 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by George Carlin Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:59 am

For those Scottish and Scottish-rugby interested posters who just cannot seem to shut the feic up about it.

26,000 posts of abject nonsense and incorrect usage of the quote function (and counting).

We should be proud. king
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by jimbopip Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:08 pm

George Carlin wrote:For those Scottish and Scottish-rugby interested posters who just cannot seem to shut the feic up about it.

26,000 posts of abject nonsense and incorrect usage of the quote function (and counting).

We should be proud. king

Aye GC but pride goeth before a fall
and Fall is almost here, if you're an Merican,
and summer's lease hath all too short a date
But when did tigertattie last have a date?
or anything that wasn't deep fried.

Shut the fecc up? One day we will. Whistle

jimbopip

George Carlin and TheMildlyFranticLlama like this post

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by BigGee Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:37 pm

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/scotland-international-tim-swinson-to-stay-on-at-saracens/

Tim Swinson clearly enjoying life at Sarries. He signs up for another year!.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:41 pm

BigGee wrote:https://www.rugbypass.com/news/scotland-international-tim-swinson-to-stay-on-at-saracens/

Tim Swinson clearly enjoying life at Sarries. He signs up for another year!.

Premiership rugby at the tender age of 56*, good on him!

*using up my hyperbole allowance for the day

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:49 pm

He got players' player of the season last year too. Life in the old dog yet!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 23 Aug 2021, 1:02 pm

RDW wrote:He got players' player of the season last year too. Life in the old dog yet!

He may have been a little bit short of true international class but Swinson was always a 100% player for his club, he turned up week in week out for Glasgow and was just a huge part of their championship years.

Not surprising he is doing so well in such a culture centred club as Sarries. With Itojie likely to be rested or playing internationals for the greater part of the season, he will no doubt see some game time.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon 23 Aug 2021, 2:27 pm

Fully agree on Swinson with the rest of you.

Good club player and good culture guy from what we have been able to tell (didn't he help start the players union in Scotland?). He has achieved as much as he possibly could have in his career, something not many players manage.

Great mentor to keep on for the young Sarries locks in Isiekwe, Hunter-Hill and Kpoku who have so much potential.

Hazel Sapling

George Carlin and BigGee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 24 Aug 2021, 10:40 pm

https://www.theoffsideline.com/cameron-hutchison-finally-gets-opportunity-to-fight-for-edinburgh-jersey/

Nice story about resilience and taking an opportunity when it finally came along from CH. Hope he gets another decent chance this year, he certainly looked good at the tail end of last season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 25 Aug 2021, 1:26 pm

We're on thread 27??? Ridiculous!

Happy to join the Swinson appreciation bandwagon. A player who always left it all on the field, and technically very proficient. A bit wee for an international lock, and a bit slow at 6, but the fact remains he's had a stellar career and really made the most of his abilities. Gilchrist take note!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 27 Aug 2021, 1:26 pm

I have been relying on Offside Line for views on how players are getting on in the Super Six and some names seem to frequently come up (e.g. Archie Russell, Hari Morris and Baretto being the ones that I remember seeing often). I only watch small bits here and there so not really got an idea from my own watching.

Is there anyone who would like to put forward leading candidates to get an opportunity (not signed already)?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 28 Aug 2021, 9:00 am

Lots of unhappy Glasgow fans on social media and on the Warriors forum complaining about the lack of friday night games for them, which are definitely the preferred time of choice for Glasgow games for most fans. The problem seems to be that this seems to be the favoured time for most other teams as well and the countries with free to air TV slots seem to have largely claimed them.

While I am sympathetic to a point and i accept I am not a regular attender at home games, I think it was a bit of a leap of faith to buy a season ticket expecting the bulk of games to be on friday nights. These have been declining over a number of years, ever since the move away from BBC Alba in fact, into a better (from a financial perspective) TV deal and TV, for better or worse, pays the bills!

Hopefully the howls of protest will bring a few games back on a friday night in the second half of the season, for which fixtures times are still to be announced.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 28 Aug 2021, 9:17 am

Same has come from the Edinburgh fans (over 3,000 ST sold!) Who aren't happy with there only being a couple of Friday night games.

Most of the games are 5pm on a Saturday which TBF has not been a regular slot at all for either team.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 28 Aug 2021, 10:13 am

Does anyone have season tickets for the new Edinburgh playing area behind the main Murrayfield stadium (can we call temporary stands a stadium)? Has anyone been in to see it? What's it like?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 28 Aug 2021, 11:03 am

George Carlin wrote:Does anyone have season tickets for the new Edinburgh playing area behind the main Murrayfield stadium (can we call temporary stands a stadium)? Has anyone been in to see it? What's it like?
Are they putting up a playing ground for Edinburgh in the area between the stadium and the river? Isn''t there a park there? Haven't been to Murrayfield in a few years now and don't recall seeing a ground. They won't be playing in the big stadium?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 28 Aug 2021, 11:15 am

doctor_grey wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Does anyone have season tickets for the new Edinburgh playing area behind the main Murrayfield stadium (can we call temporary stands a stadium)? Has anyone been in to see it? What's it like?
Are they putting up a playing ground for Edinburgh in the area between the stadium and the river?  Isn''t there a park there?  Haven't been to Murrayfield in a few years now and don't recall seeing a ground.  They won't be playing in the big stadium?

They have created a mjni Murrayfield taking out some of the back pitches, where Edinburgh train. It is not exactly an architectural marvel, being really a glorified temporary sesting. It does have an artificial pitch though which will be an advantage in the Scottish winter and will encourage some back play from Edinburgh, which is long overdue!

It is a step in the right direction for them getting out of the atmosphere vacuum of the big stadium abd trying to have a game with a bit of vocal support. They do still retain the ability to take the bigger games, like the derby back into the big stadium.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 28 Aug 2021, 12:02 pm

Thanks for that. It has to be better playing in a more cozy ground with fans close to the action. And much better for the fans too. That said, playing in big empty buildings was the story for all teams in 2020 and 2021. Seems like a good move.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 28 Aug 2021, 12:23 pm

Doc, the attendance at Murrayfield was so sparse that we Glasgow fans, used to full houses and electric atmosphere at The Home Of The Once And Future Champions, referred to it as The Library. The new flat pack IKEa stadium is better known as The Billy. Or The Bookcase.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 28 Aug 2021, 12:28 pm

Too funny. I know a player who once referred to Murrayfield after a winter club match with only a few thousand in attendance as a morgue. Obviously, for those accustomed to The Home Of The Once And Future Champions, it must be quite a change....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 28 Aug 2021, 7:11 pm

I bought season tickets and cycled there the other day to take a snoop. Look, it isn't one of the great sporting arenas, but having spent my fair share of time wondering around an empty stadium during games, it'll be an improvement.

The bigger question is whether the new coaching line-up can improve things on the pitch, and build on the platform left by Cockerill.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 28 Aug 2021, 7:15 pm

jimbopip wrote:Doc, the attendance at Murrayfield was so sparse that we Glasgow fans, used to full houses and electric atmosphere at The Home Of The Once And Future Champions, referred to it as The Library. The new flat pack IKEa stadium is better known as The Billy. Or The Bookcase.

IKEA??

To borrow from Alan Clark, the problem with Weegies is that they've had to buy (or steal) their own furniture....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 28 Aug 2021, 7:25 pm

Furniture? We used to dream of furniture.

jimbopip

funnyExiledScot, George Carlin and BigGee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 28 Aug 2021, 10:29 pm

https://www.theoffsideline.com/grant-gilchrist-richard-cockerill/

If GG decides he has had enough of sticking his head between two props ar##s and wants a new career, I would suggest diplomacy after reading this interview!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 29 Aug 2021, 11:04 am

For those of us who haven't read the interview with GG, here's a synopsis.

We underperformed for the 93 year in a row. That's a world record. we're really good at that. Cockers kept shouting at us to get better. we said we were world class at underperforming already. He kept shouting. I told him I was really good at line outs and could we keep practicing them. He shouted at me. The backs asked if they could have a ball to train with. Cockers shouted at them. I don't know what he shouted because I was being lifted at the time. In a line out, no police were involved. Cockers shouted at me anyway.
Mikey is back. Mikey doesn't shout. Yahoo
Mikey keeps talking about how Glasgow win lots of matches by playing rugby. Shocked
But we play rugby.
Sometimes I think Mikey looks like he wants to shout.

jimbopip

George Carlin and BigGee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 29 Aug 2021, 12:08 pm

Goodness, that really is a display of diplomacy from Gilchrist. Still, we haven't really heard the other side of the story, and I suspect that Cockers could open up on a few aspects of Grant Gilchrist's game that could perhaps be enhanced.

It seems fashionable to slate Cockerill at the moment, and the regime had its limitations, particularly in developing the backs, but the squad was painfully soft until he took over, and he gave the forwards what they needed. Hopefully Blair can take things forward. I liked him as a player, but he's never been a head coach before, or achieved anything of note as a coach, so it really is a leap of faith as to whether he be a step up from Cockerill. It's perfectly possible he'll be a step down, although I maintain that a traffic cone would do a better job coaching the backs than Duncan Hodge, so hopefully we'll see something of an improvement in that department.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 29 Aug 2021, 1:09 pm

Blair does seem to be the gluten free, unsalted cracker of the coaching landscape. Not tasty or interesting in any material respect but palatable for essentially everyone.

He's a smart guy and will do fine. I'm happy if this season is about bringing on Scottish coaches and players. Lots of noise about this being Ally Millar's year and I hope so because we need some decent loose forwards.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 29 Aug 2021, 5:24 pm

GC wait till you see Darge-Fagerson-Mullet ripping it up. At international level we also have Hamish and Mbawza. Things are not too shabby.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 29 Aug 2021, 6:54 pm

Ally Miller has always impressed me. He's a talented player. Personally I'd have kept him at Edinburgh, and I think Glasgow did great business picking up Berghan, Darge and Miller.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 30 Aug 2021, 9:15 am

I guess the big unknown with the Cockers situation is why he left so suddenly, particularly as it's been this way for years!

Player revolt? Cockers falling out with the SRU blazers for suggesting his outside centres should actually touch the ball?

There's a key piece of information missing here.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon 30 Aug 2021, 9:34 am

RDW wrote:I guess the big unknown with the Cockers situation is why he left so suddenly, particularly as it's been this way for years!

Player revolt? Cockers falling out with the SRU blazers for suggesting his outside centres should actually touch the ball?

There's a key piece of information missing here.

There were definitely hints of a player revolt in that interview with GG.

Cockers is likely on gardening leave at the moment and under the terms of that may not be allowed to make any comment about it.

He won't keep quiet for ever though and may get freed up to speak once he comes into another job, which seems likely to the England forward coach by the sound of things!

I wonder how he and Eddie will get on?

You can imagine him getting wheeled out to dish the dirt just prior to the next Calcutta Cup match though!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 30 Aug 2021, 6:49 pm

From GG interview it seemed like the players were forced to continuously implement the same game plan (that we as fans felt was lacking in variation). When the game got loose you could see Edinburgh were pretty awful at times. Other sides would capitalise during these moments and Edinburgh were forced to play catch up.

I'm much more excited about the season ahead under Blair and getting back to the traditional Edinburgh way of playing. A fast and expansive game. Blair seems like a coach who will look to try new things and keep ideas fresh rather than continually look for consistency of performance. The players need license to play what is in front of them as well as follow set plays.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 30 Aug 2021, 7:58 pm

bsando wrote:From GG interview it seemed like the players were forced to continuously implement the same game plan walk the same route from the car park to the training pitches(that we as fans felt was lacking in variation). When the game got lost ose you could see Edinburgh were pretty awful at times. Other sides would capitalisetake liberties during these moments long losing streaks and Edinburgh were forced to play catch up with their shorts down and tears trickling down their rosy red cheels. .

I'm much more excited about the season ahead under Blair and getting back to the traditional Edinburgh way of playing for twenty minutes then losing badly. A fast and expansive game like Glasgow's is what I dream of. Blair seems like a coach who will look to try new things and keep ideas fresh rather than continually look for consistency of performance. The players need license to play what is in front of them as well as follow set plays.to take a good long look at themselves.

Fixed that for you Whistle

Darge-Miller-Fagerson with the Mullet benching.

Ross The Wonderkid, Meatball or Miotti at 10

Titman, Forbes, Seaman, Aldi Price, Stafford Of MacDowall, Shona and the kiwi lad who hasn't arrived yet Shocked All being given free rein behind the scrum Yahoo I feel that DW should be called Ozymandias,

"Gaze upon my works ye mighty and despair"

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 30 Aug 2021, 9:39 pm

jimbopip wrote:
bsando wrote:From GG interview it seemed like the players were forced to continuously implement the same game plan walk the same route from the car park to the training pitches(that we as fans felt was lacking in variation). When the game got lost ose you could see Edinburgh were pretty awful at times. Other sides would capitalisetake liberties during these moments long losing streaks and Edinburgh were forced to play catch up with their shorts down and tears trickling down their rosy red cheels. .

I'm much more excited about the season ahead under Blair and getting back to the traditional Edinburgh way of playing for twenty minutes then losing badly. A fast and expansive game like Glasgow's is what I dream of. Blair seems like a coach who will look to try new things and keep ideas fresh rather than continually look for consistency of performance. The players need license to play what is in front of them as well as follow set plays.to take a good long look at themselves.

Fixed that for you Whistle

Darge-Miller-Fagerson with the Mullet benching.

Ross The Wonderkid, Meatball or Miotti at 10

Titman, Forbes, Seaman, Aldi Price, Stafford Of MacDowall, Shona and the kiwi lad who hasn't arrived yet Shocked All being given free rein behind the scrum Yahoo I feel that DW should be called Ozymandias,

Laugh clap Well said!

McKay is one Glasgow signing I am pretty jealous about, he looks like he could be pretty dangerous for Glasgow and losing Darge and Miller stings. But let us just wait and see. Fortress mini Murrayfield shall be unveiled in due course

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 30 Aug 2021, 11:25 pm

Whilst I'm sure we'll see a much more attacking Edinburgh, hopefully Blair has learned his lesson from being in the Scotland set-up under the entirety of Townsend's watch, that all out attack isn't a sustainable game-plan. If he can take the fundamentals put in place by Cockers in teh first place and actually add some attacking threat that isn't just 'give it to Duhan', it should be a good mix.

I can imagine Bennett crying tears of joy when he first runs an attacking move and actually gets the ball!

What confuses me about the Cockers era is there were times where we put in incredibly good attacking performances - our run in the Champions Cup where we beat the French teams in the group were a prime example. We played some fantastic attacking rugby in that campaign, so proved that we could do it (and that the players were allowed to). We did however revert back to type in the league again, and indeed in the resulting HK Quarter Final against Munster - if we'd played a bit more rugby we probably would have won that. I remember thinking after the Munster game that it would be a watershed moment for us when Cockers would realise you do need to have some ambition in these games. Alas no, as if anything after that we tightened things up even more in the following seasons!

RDW
Founder
Founder

TheMildlyFranticLlama likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 31 Aug 2021, 7:54 am

Yes Cockers is a very experienced coach but ultimately set in his ways. Much like Gatland and Eddie Jones. Blair will have to make adjustments to cement his style as a coach and hopefully he'll find a good balance like you say. Losing Sutherland and some of the other forwards wasn't helpful but hopefully the pack can remain in good shape this coming season to allow the backline some quick ball.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 31 Aug 2021, 12:39 pm

RDW wrote:What confuses me about the Cockers era is there were times where we put in incredibly good attacking performances - our run in the Champions Cup where we beat the French teams in the group were a prime example. We played some fantastic attacking rugby in that campaign, so proved that we could do it (and that the players were allowed to). We did however revert back to type in the league again, and indeed in the resulting HK Quarter Final against Munster - if we'd played a bit more rugby we probably would have won that. I remember thinking after the Munster game that it would be a watershed moment for us when Cockers would realise you do need to have some ambition in these games. Alas no, as if anything after that we tightened things up even more in the following seasons!

The Toulon game in particular, where we realised we were never going to beat them up up-front so we opened things up, ran lovely support lines and started offloading out of contact. That should've become a hallmark of how Edinburgh played, but after proving how successful it could be that kind of adventure swiftly got binned Headscratch

I hope that Kinghorn was one of the players that was particularly struggling under Cockers, and that was a reason why he's been so out of sorts for some time now. He's got a big season ahead of him, just hoping that Blair can get him back on track before his opportunity passes him by

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Tue 31 Aug 2021, 12:41 pm

jimbopip wrote:Titman, Forbes, Seaman, Aldi Price, Stafford Of MacDowall, Shona and the kiwi lad who hasn't arrived yet Shocked All being given free rein behind the scrum Yahoo I feel that DW should be called Ozymandias,

This is the same DW that we were being told is a terrible coach and needed to be immediately fired a couple of months back? How the mighty have arisen

TheMildlyFranticLlama

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Aug 2021, 7:15 pm

DW - Danny Wilson? I’m interested to hear how he’s going? He always seems to get raves reviews and then, unexpectedly, just seems to walk away at short notice! Done it a number of times now. Almost like he gets bored and needs that next challenge within a year or two. I remember I think he said he wanted the top job at the Blues (my memory is shocking of late though!), was in line to take over the head coach or DoR role, but then just up and left quickly and without any fanfare. Doesn’t seem to speak to the media much either (a good thing perhaps). Always very mysterious in my eyes! But seemed to be a cracking coach and always a bit ‘cutting edge’. But longevity and commitment doesn’t seem to be one of his strengths!

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 31 Aug 2021, 10:41 pm

The Oracle wrote:DW - Danny Wilson? I’m interested to hear how he’s going? He always seems to get raves reviews and then, unexpectedly, just seems to walk away at short notice! Done it a number of times now. Almost like he gets bored and needs that next challenge within a year or two. I remember I think he said he wanted the top job at the Blues (my memory is shocking of late though!), was in line to take over the head coach or DoR role, but then just up and left quickly and without any fanfare. Doesn’t seem to speak to the media much either (a good thing perhaps). Always very mysterious in my eyes! But seemed to be a cracking coach and always a bit ‘cutting edge’. But longevity and commitment doesn’t seem to be one of his strengths!

I think as far as his time at Glasgow has gone, the jury is probably still out, but considering that the lunatic fringe of Glasgow support where calling for his head half way through last season, he does at least seem to be moving in the right direction.

In truth it always was going to be very hard to judge him on last season. He inherited an aging squad and a coaching team that he had little input into. There was also a bit of demoralization within the squad after the Rennie years, which did not go quite as well as it should have, particularly with regard to bringing in newer and younger players. Being robbed of his internationals for the bulk of the season was then the final straw, but it may at least have pushed him into bringing some youngsters through, which may well benefit us in the longer term and at the end of last season we really saw some promising form from the team.

So he has now binned off some of the players passed their best and has recruited well, at least on paper. He has also brought in his own coaching assistants. They may not be the finished article this season, but as a team then Glasgow should be a lot more competitive this year and if they are not, then questions will rightly be asked about DW.

He has got a chance to grow a team here now and he would be silly to walk away from that and in fairness he has not shown any signs of doing so. The SRU seem keen to back him as well.

It is a results based game though, so time will tell!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 01 Sep 2021, 5:03 pm

A "lunatic fringe". That's a fair summation of Glasgow fans BigGee OK

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 01 Sep 2021, 5:05 pm

I think DW deserves more time, for what it's worth. Glasgow finished the season strongly playing some nice stuff, and have recruited well. There's a nice balance to the side, between old guard, youth and new signings, and the team seemed to be moving in the right direction.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 02 Sep 2021, 12:42 pm

https://www.glasgowwarriors.org/news/squad-named-for-newcastle-clash

A mix squad for Glasgow for their first pre season game, with quite a few youngsters and Super 6 players getting their opportunity to show their wares.

They are obviously still keeping tabs on George Thornton who was let go at the end of last season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 02 Sep 2021, 1:46 pm

Glasgow Warriors squad to face Newcastle Falcons in The Famous Grouse Pre-Season Challenge, Friday 3 September, kick-off 7pm. You can follow the match in our Live Match Centre at glasgowwarriors.org.

Forwards

Tom Lambert, Murray McCallum, George Thornton*, Murphy Walker**, Johnny Matthews, Grant Stewart, Lewis Bean, Richie Gray, Rob Harley, Scott Cummings, Max Williamson**, Kiran McDonald, Rory Darge, Thomas Gordon, Rory Jackson**, Ryan Wilson (C).

Backs

Sean Kennedy, Jamie Dobie, Duncan Weir, Ross Thompson, Pete Horne, Stafford McDowall, Sione Tuipulotu, Logan Trotter*, Finlay Callaghan**, Ratu Tagive, Rufus McLean, Cole Forbes, Ollie Smith.

On FB (which is Hipster Speak for The Facebook, which I am "on") the squad seems to be broken down into a 15 man team and a 14 a side jobbie. i imagine a huge change at half time with one lucky sod getting the full 80.

Lambert-Matthews McCallum Thornton-Stewart-Walker
MrBean-Surfer Dude BigBad -Williamson
McDonald-Batman-Darge Cummings-Jackson-Mullett N.B. a big lump at 6 each time Shocked
Kennedy House Elf
Meatball Ross The Wonderkid
Lord Stafford Furra Linee
Shona Finlay Callaghan ???
Ratu-Titman-Ollie Smith Trotter-Cole Forbes- Nemo.

Not a lot of experience in the props, but good to see the youngsters getting a run out.
The use of a lock at 6 is interesting. DW obviously recognises that we need more bulk in the pack, but will we lose pace?
Stafford-Shona could be seriously good.
Mind you, if Elf-Ross-Linee get quick ball whoever is at 13 could have a field day. Mark Bennett will be crying himself to sleep at the thought of the rations he's been getting at the Library. Rugby's answer to, "You'll have had your tea?"

Can't wait to see some proper rugby after that Lions nonsense.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 02 Sep 2021, 7:33 pm

Falcons squad is up on the falcons thread also

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 02 Sep 2021, 7:40 pm

I see Falcons have split their squad as they have a game v Doncaster on Saturday as well.

Just shows you should never read to much into these pre season games, but we are all just looking forward to some rugby again, so can be excused for getting excited!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 02 Sep 2021, 8:04 pm

Mostly about fitness I would say...getting some March fitness in.

Some of our very talented kids are included mind...so I'm well pleased. And Mike Brown won't play it as a friendly..and Carl Fearns coming off the bench will entertain the fans who go...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 02 Sep 2021, 8:11 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Mostly about fitness I would say...getting some March fitness in.

Some of our very talented kids are included mind...so I'm well pleased. And Mike Brown won't play it as a friendly..and Carl Fearns coming off the bench will entertain the fans who go...

I'd probably prefer some September fitness! Laugh Laugh

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 02 Sep 2021, 8:17 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Mostly about fitness I would say...getting some March fitness in.

Taken completely out of context this is quite funny. Mike Brown only when when the matches are not friendly....

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 02 Sep 2021, 10:02 pm

BigGee wrote:

I'd probably prefer some September fitness! Laugh Laugh

Bloody predictive text Laugh

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 02 Sep 2021, 10:13 pm

https://www.theoffsideline.com/glasgow-covid-danny-wilson/

A few Warriors currently isolating, which explains some of the squad selections for this game I guess.

I expect, unfortunately, this will be an ongoing saga throughout this season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 02 Sep 2021, 11:56 pm

BigGee wrote:https://www.theoffsideline.com/glasgow-covid-danny-wilson/

A few Warriors currently isolating, which explains some of the squad selections for this game I guess.

I expect, unfortunately, this will be an ongoing saga throughout this season.

I think this is going to be a complete nightmare, and if anything even worse than last season. Given that the UK is basically a free for all now Covid cases are going to be rife, and although the vaccine should stop most from getting ill they'll still test positive. That means lots of close contacts, contact tracing, isolating required etc.

Or they could just do what the UK government does when contract tracing gets so widespread that it majorly impacts industry - just stop doing contact tracing or classing people as close contacts!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next