The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

+29
LeinsterFan4life
lostinwales
RDW
Heaf
Tattie Scones RRN
Mcsweens
Mad for Chelsea
sensisball
RiscaGame
Tramptastic
Margin_Walker
No 7&1/2
Anglobraveheart
EWT Spoons
demosthenes
Old Man
EST
tigertattie
TJ
Highland Shaun
Geordie
bsando
doctor_grey
funnyExiledScot
Hazel Sapling
TheMildlyFranticLlama
BigGee
jimbopip
George Carlin
33 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 - Page 2 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by George Carlin Mon 23 Aug 2021, 10:59 am

First topic message reminder :

For those Scottish and Scottish-rugby interested posters who just cannot seem to shut the feic up about it.

26,000 posts of abject nonsense and incorrect usage of the quote function (and counting).

We should be proud. king
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 03 Sep 2021, 9:48 am

Agree, COVID is going to be hellish for teams to manage over the coming months, and will hit those will smaller squads/less depth. I suspect you're right RDW, at some stage the UK govt will just pack it in and give up on tracing!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 - Page 2 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27

Post by BigGee Fri 03 Sep 2021, 10:23 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Agree, COVID is going to be hellish for teams to manage over the coming months, and will hit those will smaller squads/less depth. I suspect you're right RDW, at some stage the UK govt will just pack it in and give up on tracing!

To a large extent they already have. If you are double jabbed, then you don't need to isolate, just take a PCR.

This could mean that some players are not double jabbed (unlikely) or that the clubs have put in their own rules to try and prevent Covid from running riot in the squad, like it did for the Scotland squad this summer. That may well be the more likely scenario.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 03 Sep 2021, 10:28 pm

Was anyone there? By all accounts it was as expected....a run out for Match fitness and getting things sorted.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 04 Sep 2021, 9:23 am

BigGee wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:Agree, COVID is going to be hellish for teams to manage over the coming months, and will hit those will smaller squads/less depth. I suspect you're right RDW, at some stage the UK govt will just pack it in and give up on tracing!

To a large extent they already have. If you are double jabbed, then you don't need to isolate, just take a PCR.

This could mean that some players are not double jabbed (unlikely) or that the clubs have put in their own rules to try and prevent Covid from running riot in the squad, like it did for the Scotland squad this summer. That may well be the more likely scenario.

I agree, but PCR tests are taking longer and longer to get results from, and in the meantime people are supposed to isolate. Given that players have kids and families, I suspect there will be a fair amount of disruption. Plus the fact that rugby training isn't conducive to distancing (insert joke about Edinburgh tackling practise), so players will all be close contacts of each other (one positive test in the camp and then there are a whole bunch needing to take PCR tests to resume training).

My big Edinburgh worry is WP Nel. Without him we don't have a front row (good work handing Berghan to Glasgow...). Keep him in isolation between now and the start of the season I say....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:25 am

Usual stuff with this season's new kits.

Edinburgh's very nice and tasteful.
Glasgow's designed by a mescaline-inhibited, standard grade arts student with a squint and no meaningful sense of symmetry.

Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 - Page 2 Glasgo10
Glasgow and Edinburgh - Unceasing Banter Thread 27 - Page 2 Edinbu10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:27 am

Ha I think both kits are great. Glasgow have had a few shockers most years but having changed the sponsor logo from being a bright green blob it actually fits.

My main issue with th Edinburgh kit is the orange shorts - they just randomly stand out.

Last edited by RDW on Sun 05 Sep 2021, 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 05 Sep 2021, 7:31 am

My only issue with the Edinburgh shirts is the slowly dessicating dad bod which I need to pour inside them.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 Sep 2021, 10:08 am

George Carlin wrote:My only issue with the Edinburgh shirts is the slowly dessicating dad bod which I need to pour inside them.

GC, tigertattie overcame that problem years ago by having Mrstattie smear him with Tate&Lyle Golden syrup before having him jump from the top of the wardrobe while she holds the neck of the jersey as wide as possible. The physicists among us will argue that jumping feet first into the waistband would be more likely to succeed...but since when did the Luvvies ever want to succeed? Head first into the darkness every time.

However, why in the name of fecc are you wearing a Luvvies jersey?

Also, on the nommes de guerre front....we may have to start referring to Meatball as Chipolata since he looks positively svelte now. Shocked
Also, also, I am saddened to see that not one of you philistines noticed I had Nemo as 30th man for the friendly against Noocassell. Doh

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 05 Sep 2021, 10:14 am

I'm gonna regret this.....

Who is Nemo....?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 05 Sep 2021, 10:15 am

jimbopip wrote:

Yes GC, is there something that you having been holding back?

Is there an inner Luvvie inside you somewhere that jn a moment of Freudian clarity, you have now revealed?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 Sep 2021, 10:21 am

As an engineer, Flounder, you probably never read too much about the Trojan Wars. Or Ulysses' epic voyage home. When captured by the Cyclops he told the one eyed giant his name was Nemo. No-one in Greek. So when he blinded the Cyclops his neighbours heard him calling for help. "Who si attacking you?" They asked. "Nemo" he replied. "Nemo is attacking me." With that they shook their heads and went back to bed. Ulysses and his men escaped. I called the 30th man Nemo because thanks to Covid DW had no-one to fill the last place in the squad.
Can you ell how bored the off season has made me?
Regretting asking yet?

jimbopip

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sun 05 Sep 2021, 12:46 pm

jimbopip wrote:As an engineer, Flounder, you probably never read too much about the Trojan Wars. Or Ulysses' epic voyage home. When captured by the Cyclops he told the one eyed giant his name was Nemo. No-one in Greek. So when he blinded the Cyclops his neighbours heard him calling for help. "Who si attacking you?" They asked. "Nemo" he replied. "Nemo is attacking me." With that they shook their heads and went back to bed. Ulysses and his men escaped. I called the 30th man Nemo because thanks to Covid DW had no-one to fill the last place in the squad.
Regretting asking yet?

I’m surprised at you Jim, nothing about this most usually being heard uttered by Edinburgh’s opponents? Honestly standards are slipping around here!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 05 Sep 2021, 12:54 pm

jimbopip wrote:As an engineer, Flounder, you probably never read too much about the Trojan Wars. Or Ulysses' epic voyage home. When captured by the Cyclops he told the one eyed giant his name was Nemo. No-one in Greek. So when he blinded the Cyclops his neighbours heard him calling for help. "Who si attacking you?" They asked. "Nemo" he replied. "Nemo is attacking me." With that they shook their heads and went back to bed. Ulysses and his men escaped. I called the 30th man Nemo because thanks to Covid DW had no-one to fill the last place in the squad.
Regretting asking yet?

I can't quite decide what gives you more pleasure - coming up with these jokes or explaining them to us mere mortals when no one notices them! Laugh

RDW
Founder
Founder

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 Sep 2021, 12:59 pm

You know where Glasgow run out under the arch that says "Privileged To Play" Headscratch

Should the Luvvies come out (no pun intended) under an arch that says "We're Better Than Nemo"? Whistle

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:25 pm

BigGee wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

Is there an inner Luvvie inside you somewhere that jn a moment of Freudian clarity, you have now revealed?
I despair at both of our professional franchises equally. OK

I've realised over the years that there's nothing inconsistent about doing that and still holding the belief that people from the west coast such as myself are more attractive, taller, funnier and better dressed than the weak chinned posterior bandits who occupy the city of Edinburgh.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 05 Sep 2021, 6:30 pm

George Carlin wrote:
BigGee wrote:
jimbopip wrote:

I despair at both of our professional franchises equally. OK

I've realised over the years that there's nothing inconsistent about doing that and still holding the belief that people from the west coast such as myself are more attractive, taller, funnier and better dressed than the weak chinned posterior bandits who occupy the city of Edinburgh.

Phew, i was getting worried there for a minute!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 05 Sep 2021, 11:41 pm

Just watched the Glasgow highlights - I'm amazed they only sored one try given the number of chances created! You can see a clear intent for Glasgow, and it was All Black's-esque to see the number of support players on hand when someone made a break. There was a clear desire to exploit space out wide too.

Just couldn't finish them!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 08 Sep 2021, 10:28 am

RDW wrote:Just watched the Glasgow highlights - I'm amazed they only sored one try given the number of chances created! You can see a clear intent for Glasgow, and it was All Black's-esque to see the number of support players on hand when someone made a break. There was a clear desire to exploit space out wide too.

Just couldn't finish them!

Don't call the Unwashed "All Black's-esque", it'll go straight to their heads!!

I see McInally and Gilchrist are Edinburgh co-captains. I've never really seen Gilchrist as a captain, or showing leadership qualities. When he's on his game he's a fine player, but I'm not sure I follow this decision. McInally is a better shout, but I do worry about hookers as captians when they have a shaky throw. There have obviously been some legendary hooker captains (Fitzpatrick, Smit, Ibanez), but all of them hit their jumpers with metronomic consistency (easier when aiming at Ian Jones, Matfield or Pelous perhaps), whereas Rambo can have those days where a blindfold might actually improve his consistency.

You could go with Watson as a quiet bloke who leads by example (I.e. very rarely has a bad or quiet game), or someone who I do think is a natural leader in Jamie Ritchie. Both would be better options in my view.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 09 Sep 2021, 12:12 pm

Edinburgh team vs Newcastle is up:

1.Venter 2.Cherry 3.De Bruin 4.Sykes 5.Hodsgon 6.Bradbury 7.Crosbie 8.Haining 9.Vellacott 10.VDW 11.Hoyland 12.Hutchinson 13.Bennett 14.Blain 15.Immelman

Interested to see De Bruin and Immelman in action, otherwise it's a fairly predictable and solid squad.

The half back combo will be key. I reckon that's our first choice so hopefully they can link up well.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 09 Sep 2021, 12:14 pm

There's 18 players on the bench so expect a lot of rotation!

Surprised to see Immelman at 15 - he's an absolute unit so expected to see him in the centres.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 09 Sep 2021, 1:31 pm

Glasgow side against Worcester tomorrow.

Looks a bit stronger than last week and we get the chance to see Dempsey off the bench.

Also trying out McDowell at FB, that has been long tyouted but never seen in action before. Hopefully (especially as I am going) we will see a step up from last weekend!

Glasgow Warriors team to face Worcester Warriors at Sixways Stadium, Friday 10 September, kick-off 7pm. You can follow all the action as it happens in our Live Match Centre at glasgowwarriors.org.

1. Tom Lambert
2. Johnny Matthews
3. Simon Berghan
4. Lewis Bean
5. Richie Gray
6. Scott Cummings
7. Rory Darge
8. Ryan Wilson (C)

9. George Horne
10. Ross Thompson
11. Cole Forbes
12. Sam Johnson
13. Sione Tuipulotu
14. Rufus McLean
15. Stafford McDowall

Replacements: Grant Stewart, Brad Thyer*, Murray McCallum, Murphy Walker**, Rob Harley, Max Williamson**, Rory Jackson**, Thomas Gordon, Jack Dempsey, Jamie Dobie, Duncan Weir, Pete Horne, Nick Grigg, Ollie Smith, Finlay Callaghan**.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 09 Sep 2021, 3:19 pm

DW sticking with a lock at 6.Cummings certainly has some pace for a fat boy.
Also the start 9-15 looks dynamic to say the least.
The second set of backs doesn't look too shabby either.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 09 Sep 2021, 4:18 pm

I like that Glasgow half back pairing. Big season for George Horne I suspect, with Price and Dobie threatening to eclipse him.

Rufus McLean another to keep an eye on. Scotland not flush for depth on the wing.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 09 Sep 2021, 6:22 pm

I was thinking about Ross the Wonder Kid when I heard Martina Navratilova say of Emma Raducanu , "She's only starting out but already she's the finished article." That could easily be said about the Wonder Kid.

Then it occurred to me....
If we could "engineer a meeting " between them. ..
(A) She would be Emma Thompson and have a career as a Thespian after she's won 15 consecutive Grand Slams
(B) Their offspring would ensure a rosy future for Scottish Rugby.

What could go wrong?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Highland Shaun Fri 10 Sep 2021, 12:00 am

You like Tennis Jimbo Smile? In that case you've gained a friend because I LOVE Tennis Smile Smile Smile.

Got to say that both teams have players worth keeping an eye on, especially with October fast approaching, hopefully they all show Gregor what they are capable of.

These are the ones I'm thinking: Jamie Dobie, Rory Darge, Ross Thompson, Cole Forbes, Sione Tuipolotu, Rufus McLean, Duncan Weir (All Warriors), Boan Venter, Marshall Sykes, Jamie Hodgson, Ben Vellacott, Jaco van der Walt, Cammy Hutchinson and Jack Blain (all Edinburgh).

I know some won't get named in the Autumn but it will still be interesting to see how they go this weekend.

Highland Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 10 Sep 2021, 10:34 pm

Good win for Glasgow tonight away to Worcester. Rufus McLean getting another good write up - he could be a real star this season.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 11 Sep 2021, 8:35 am

RDW wrote:Good win for Glasgow tonight away to Worcester. Rufus McLean getting another good write up - he could be a real star this season.
I'm torn. Under Jim's Laws of Nicknaming, he should either be Rufus Wainwright or Detective John (McLean from Die Hard).

Tough call but we should probably make a decision now and stick to it for the rest of the season.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 11 Sep 2021, 8:48 am

Knowing Jimbo he'll come up with a tenuous nickname linked to a Belgian poet from the 1930s then get all high and mighty that we've never heard of him!

RDW
Founder
Founder

TheMildlyFranticLlama likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 11 Sep 2021, 8:53 am

It was a good night in Worcester

After dominating the first 20 mins we only had 3 points to show for it and then Worcester came roaring right back into it with 2 quick tries and we looked under the cosh and it could have been the beginings of a long night.

Mclean's first try stopped the rot and then as the second half went on, we slowly ground them down. They gave away a YC after persistently inftinging on their line, which allowed our second try then came McLean's second a much more impressive effort, from an knch perfect cross kick from Duncy, who looked like he was enjoying being back at Sixways. After that we never looked like losing.

There were some standouts as well as Mclean. Darge had another great game and goes from strength to strength.

After me almost righting RG off a few days sgo he caused all sorts of problems with their lineout.

Dobie and Duncy looked the better set of half backs on display.

Also a shout to the replacement from row. We were struggling in the scrum, Berghan jn psrticular, who looked like he was injured early on. The replacement s steadied the ship and eventuly got dominance, Murphy Walker in particular looked good.

All in all a very enjoyable evening livened up by the travelling Wsrriors fans who the locsls seemed to find amusing with their witty one liners. There was also a very out of tune trumpeter, whose rendition of , I belong to Glasgow, had the whole stand singing along!

I have the feeling we might get invited back!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

RDW likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 11 Sep 2021, 8:58 am

What did you make of Jack Dempsey Biggee?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 11 Sep 2021, 9:11 am

He only had a relatively short cameo, but he made a very good carry to let us exit in one of the few occasions Worcedter looked dangerous in the final quarter.

He looks a big solid guy and i am looking forward to seeing a bit more of him. We have a couple of decent OSs now, so be could well bring the balance we need to the rest of the back row.

Him, Darge and Matt Fagerson could well be our starting back row this season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 11 Sep 2021, 9:17 am

BigGee wrote:It was a good night in Worcester

After dominating the first 20 mins  we only had 3 points to show for it and then Worcester came roaring right back into it with 2 quick tries and we looked under the cosh and it could have been the beginings of a long night.

Mclean's first try stopped the rot and then as the second half went on, we slowly ground them down. They gave away a YC after persistently inftinging on their line, which allowed our second try  then came McLean's second  a much more impressive effort, from an knch perfect cross kick from Duncy, who looked like he was enjoying being back at Sixways. After that we never looked like losing.

There were some standouts as well as Mclean. Darge had another great game and goes from strength to strength.

After me almost righting RG off a few days sgo  he caused all sorts of problems with their lineout.

Dobie and Duncy looked the better set of half backs on display.

Also a shout to the replacement from row. We were struggling in the scrum, Berghan jn psrticular, who looked like he was injured early on. The replacement s steadied the ship and eventuly got dominance, Murphy Walker in particular looked good.

All in all a very enjoyable evening  livened up by the travelling Wsrriors fans who the locsls seemed to find amusing with their witty one liners. There was also a very out of tune trumpeter, whose rendition of , I belong to Glasgow, had the whole stand singing along!

I have the feeling we might get invited back!
Very good report Gee - much appreciated.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 11 Sep 2021, 2:04 pm

Having just watched the match on the u tube recording of it. It was not Murphy walker who came on for Berghan, as was announced at the game, but Murray Mccallum.

He did very well, winning 2 penalties and probably being pivotal in the scrums being moved to uncontested later in the game as Worcester wanted to protect their props with the season starting next weekend for them.

With Zander not back for a while and Pieretto in Oz for a while with the Argies, he will likely get some reasonable game time now and the chance to stake a permanent claim for a squad place at Glasgow.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 11 Sep 2021, 5:19 pm

George Carlin wrote:
RDW wrote:Good win for Glasgow tonight away to Worcester. Rufus McLean getting another good write up - he could be a real star this season.
I'm torn. Under Jim's Laws of Nicknaming, he should either be Rufus Wainwright or Detective John (McLean from Die Hard).

Tough call but we should probably make a decision now and stick to it for the rest of the season.
Gentlemen, Gentlemen please. Who do you think I was referring to when I raved about Titman?
Here's a clue; Louden Wainwright the third , Rufus' daddy, wrote an ode to his new born son and his joy at being breastfed entitled "Rufus Is A Titman."

Really boys. Has Belgium ever produced a great poet? OK. Jacques Brel. I'll give you him .Next?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 11 Sep 2021, 11:23 pm

Anyone at the Edinburgh game? Was great to see a pretty full stadium and the comments on social media have been positive.

Doesn't sound like the greatest of games but it was Edinburgh's first hit out. Late interception putting gloss on the scoreline.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 12 Sep 2021, 10:25 am

New Edinburgh winger Boffelli came off the bench for Argentina against the ABs tonight. They were absolutely gubbed 39-0 and had very little ball so wasn't the best of games for him to make an impression!

He looks a big strong runner though and interestingly took over kicks to touch so adds to the competition for Kinghorn, who is meant to do a similar job.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 12 Sep 2021, 1:07 pm

I missed the game but it's early days for this regime and 80 minutes under the belt. Not too concerned about the result.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 15 Sep 2021, 7:46 pm

RDW wrote:Knowing Jimbo he'll come up with a tenuous nickname linked to a Belgian poet from the 1930s then get all high and mighty that we've never heard of him!

Really boys. Has Belgium ever produced a great poet? OK. Jacques Brel. I'll give you him . Next?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=SAHB+Next+OGWT&docid=608045271917330931&mid=6DE2DB1546D2FABDA4F56DE2DB1546D2FABDA4F5&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

oh yeah

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 15 Sep 2021, 7:47 pm

On a more serious note; Titman has some pace on him. He could be something special.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 15 Sep 2021, 10:52 pm

jimbopip wrote:
RDW wrote:Knowing Jimbo he'll come up with a tenuous nickname linked to a Belgian poet from the 1930s then get all high and mighty that we've never heard of him!

Really boys. Has Belgium ever produced a great poet? OK. Jacques Brel. I'll give you him . Next?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=SAHB+Next+OGWT&docid=608045271917330931&mid=6DE2DB1546D2FABDA4F56DE2DB1546D2FABDA4F5&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

oh yeah

Sorry Jimbo I know you need people reacting to your clever jokes and I didn't give you that pleasure this time! Here goes...

laughing

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 Sep 2021, 1:16 pm

RDW wrote:New Edinburgh winger Boffelli came off the bench for Argentina against the ABs tonight. They were absolutely gubbed 39-0 and had very little ball so wasn't the best of games for him to make an impression!

He looks a big strong runner though and interestingly took over kicks to touch so adds to the competition for Kinghorn, who is meant to do a similar job.

In Boffelli watch, he started this time and scored all of Argentina's 13 points against the ABs, including a well taken try from a cross field kick.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 18 Sep 2021, 1:33 pm

I see Kinghorn is starting at FH for Edinburgh in their warm up game against Benetton today.

Looks like that experiment is going to run on and see how it plays out.

Did VDW get injured last weekend?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 18 Sep 2021, 2:55 pm

I dont think VDW is out, I think it's by choice. Because of our dreadful recruitment, we are horribly exposed at 10 and Cockers and now Blair obviously see Kinghorn as an option at 10. I've seen nothing to suggest that's the case, for me he's clearly a back three player, but given the lack of depth I suspect they'll want Kinghorn familiar with the 10 jersey.

Bradbury is injured, already, so Haining slots in at 8. Doesn't really weaken us.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 18 Sep 2021, 3:00 pm

RDW wrote:
RDW wrote:New Edinburgh winger Boffelli came off the bench for Argentina against the ABs tonight. They were absolutely gubbed 39-0 and had very little ball so wasn't the best of games for him to make an impression!

In Boffelli watch, he started this time and scored all of Argentina's 13 points against the ABs, including a well taken try from a cross field kick.

He sounds promising. Is it sad that I'm wondering already how we'll ruin him!!?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 18 Sep 2021, 9:13 pm

Vellacott MOTM today. I'm hoping my days of screaming "just pass the feckin ball Pyrgos" are behind me....

Anyone make it to the game?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 18 Sep 2021, 11:11 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I dont think VDW is out, I think it's by choice. Because of our dreadful recruitment, we are horribly exposed at 10 and Cockers and now Blair obviously see Kinghorn as an option at 10. I've seen nothing to suggest that's the case, for me he's clearly a back three player, but given the lack of depth I suspect they'll want Kinghorn familiar with the 10 jersey.

Bradbury is injured, already, so Haining slots in at 8. Doesn't really weaken us.

VDW was injured, but it does look like Kinghorn is being seen as a 10 now.

Immelman has been excellent at fullback by all accounts.

I know it was only a friendly but when did Edinburgh last put 50 points on anyone?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 19 Sep 2021, 9:56 am

I see Finn came off the bench for Racing at the weekend - a week ago he was posting pictures of his holidays on Instagram!

Classic French extensive pre-season Laugh

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 20 Sep 2021, 12:57 pm

A friend of mine was seconded to a major French energy company in La Defense.

He was told that the day he was joining was actually crucial in the life of the company and unless they could get a financing away by 6pm that day, the company may cease to exist.

Cue my mate staring dumbfounded as everyone left for their usual 2 hour lunch (including wine) that day. I'm not sure if that company's still there but they were Thierry Henry Cool right until the end.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 Sep 2021, 6:07 pm

George,surely I'm not the only one who's replaying the dying moments of the last France-Scotland encounter?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 22 Sep 2021, 11:56 am

jimbopip wrote:George,surely I'm not the only one who's replaying the dying moments of the last France-Scotland encounter?
Absolutely not.

Really looking forward to the new season. Just need to remember to keep checking on how Worcester is doing...
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next