The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 12 Press Conference

+4
TwisT
BamBam
Marky
Afro
8 posters

Go down

Week 12 Press Conference Empty Week 12 Press Conference

Post by Afro Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:46 pm

1 How did you feel about your result this week? Any feedback to you opponent?

2 Looking forward to this week, any thoughts on your opponent? How do you expect the game to go.

3. If you could sign one player above the £30m limit, who would you go for?

4. If you could poach any one player from another team, who would you go for?

5. Who will win the Nandorentice, and why?

6. What would be your England XI to start the Tunisia game in the summer?

7. What are your thoughts on VAR?

8. Who is going to win the Champions League?

9. Was Azzy right to fire Marky in round one of the legendary Azzrentice?

10. Not been asked for a while….would you rather fight one horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Week 12 Press Conference Empty Re: Week 12 Press Conference

Post by Marky Wed 17 Jan 2018, 11:08 pm

I felt my default win was the best result I could have hoped for. My feedback to Olly would be to get tactics in next time. I would have liked feedback on my different approach this week but nobody saw my tactics! Will save it for another time.

2 Looking forward to this week, any thoughts on your opponent? How do you expect the game to go.
I feel the injury to Gundogan will hamper me, I've learned to view all my opponents equally and focus on my side, and it's working to an extent as I have been getting results.

Kevin De Bruyne. Although a lot of saving up is required for that, a man can dream.

Marco Asensio for me. Partly cos he's brilliant, and partly cos AM is the weakest area for me (hence playing 3-4-3/4-3-3/3-5-2 is preferred)

I'm going for Trebs. He's proven and has the desire. I myself will probably lose interest eventually Laugh

Pickford
Walker - Jones - Stones - Rose
Lingard - Wilshere - Dele
Sterling - Kane - Rashford

Good idea in principle, I like that it doesn't use slow motion replays so it doesn't become unfair.

Manchester City. I don't know if they'll go all the way but it would be nice to see as a football fan.

To borrow a quote from "Wolf of Wall Street", Absolutely f*cking not.

10. Not been asked for a while….would you rather fight one horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses?
One horse sized duck. I'm not good at multitasking.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 18 Jan 2018, 9:48 am

Very pleased, I thought my best chance was to surprise Afro tactically, thought that happened but was still unsure whether voters would still look at the quality of his attackers and give the win based on that. No real feedback, Afro has a very strong side that I would have been struggling against if injuries didn't go against him

I've only just looked at my opponent, again another one of the top sides in the league so I think my tactics will be crucial

A striker - Kane would be lovely

Again a striker - I'd probably go for Jesus

I think one of the veterans who will stick with it, so Trebs/Hero/Miky all have a strong chance

---------------------Pickford
Walker------Jones-----------Stones------Rose
--------------Dier----------Wilshere
Sterling--------------Alli--------------Rashford
----------------------Kane

I think its great in principle, but if its going to result in man sausage ups like the Chelsea game last night then scrap it

Hopefully anyone other than the petrodollar clubs - I'd even accept Barca

No, not based on a skim read of the round in question

100 duck sized horses - I reckon I could take the little blighters

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:05 am

Thought it would be a lot tighter. I think if the same formation had been used in previous weeks I would have lost.

If Olly does tactics then another tight game.

Salah

A FB so Alba

Trebs. Think it suits him

Pickford, Walker, Jones, Stones, Rose, Dier, Wilshire, Sterling, Alli, Rashford and Kane.

Much needed. Can't see a problem with it.

Citeh.

Dunno the story around it.

One horse sized duck.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:16 am

I'd hoped to win based on Miky having to bring in a rookie keeper, surprised somewhat no-one paid him any reference though. Advice wise I'd say to try and mix things up a bit more.

Depends if I get a Nando of this season or a Nando that raises his game to play me as it's his cup final.

Mbappe, bring him home.

My other homeboy Jesus.

Trebs or Marky.

Pickford, Walker, Jones, Stones, Young, Dier, Lingard, Alli, Sterling, Kane, Rashford.

7. What are your thoughts on VAR? Not a fan, think it'll end up sterilizing the game too much.

PSG, though can easily see the case for City or Barca.

Don't really recall it, I presume it wasn't justified though based on the uproar.

Used to be 20 so it's a harder case, still would argue that horses are by nature a pack animal and go for flight in the fight or flight option. There might be a lot of them but they frighten easily and I can herd them and pick them off. The monstrous duck meanwhile is known to be into things like gangr**e, get one horse sized and that's a 'hole' world of pain.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 18 Jan 2018, 12:03 pm

Afro wrote:1 How did you feel about your result this week? Any feedback to you opponent? Was expected when read both sides tactics

2 Looking forward to this week, any thoughts on your opponent? How do you expect the game to go. I don't know who im playing but i got the Flu so being arsed is unlikely

3. If you could sign one player above the £30m limit, who would you go for? Harry Kane could use a forward or De Bruyne

4. If you could poach any one player from another team, who would you go for? Jesus

5. Who will win the Nandorentice, and why? Whoever can be bothered by the end

6. What would be your England XI to start the Tunisia game in the summer? Hart, Walker, Stones, Cahill, Rose, Dier, Wilshere, Sterling, Alli, Rashford, Kane

7. What are your thoughts on VAR? Good if used properly

8. Who is going to win the Champions League? Can't see anyone touching Barca this year tbh

9. Was Azzy right to fire Marky in round one of the legendary Azzrentice? Yes Azzy was correct in all his decisions

10. Not been asked for a while….would you rather fight one horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses? one horse sized duck just cos Horses are dicks

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 18 Jan 2018, 1:08 pm

1. How did you feel about your result this week? Any feedback to you opponent?

Pleased to win, but perhaps a slight surprise that it was a split win rather than a uninamous. Nando does have a decent side though, probably needs a defender or two in and a move to three at the back would help. Obviously the injury wasn't helpful.

I go into any game planning to win. I come up with the masterplans

Cristiano Ronaldo would be a decent signing.

Cesar Azpilicueta would complete my side.

I've never won one, so would like to. I recall Afro very harshly firing me in one particular task when I should have won. Always tends to be a person you don't expect to win, I'll go for Fluxy as he's a bit of a wildcard.

If Jesse Lingard keeps up his form he has to be in there, surely? If I were England manager, I'd probably go something along these lines:

-----------------Heaton-----------------
------Smalling---Jones-----Keane--------
Young-------Rooney----Cleverley-----Shaw
-------Lingard---Rooney---Rashford------

I'm against it. I think too much of football is subjective for it to work in the same way as other sports. The only one there is a possible case for is offsides.

Bayern Munich I think will surprise a few and win it.

It's not something I would have done as the bossman. Although with it being the only task in the end I should have just been named the winner.

Neither. I'm a lover not a fighter.

Spoiler:

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu 18 Jan 2018, 1:24 pm

1 How did you feel about your result this week? Any feedback to you opponent? - Well done to Hero, he picked me out for possession football which its no secret that it's the style i like to play. I do feel if i had Fernandinho it would have been harder for those that gave me the loss to do so. It just shows that i need squad depth.

2 Looking forward to this week, any thoughts on your opponent? How do you expect the game to go. - I'm up against Afro who will be wanting to pick up points to gain on Hero. Good squad with a good tactician as well, will be a tough game but i'm looking forward to it.

3. If you could sign one player above the £30m limit, who would you go for? There are obvious ones but Griezmann stands out for me.

4. If you could poach any one player from another team, who would you go for? - Azpilicueta because he suits my system.

5. Who will win the Nandorentice, and why? - Marky. He is very good at those sort of games and won't back down (rightly so) if he's right about something.

6. What would be your England XI to start the Tunisia game in the summer? Kane, Dier and Sterling would definitely be in there. The others are all subject to change at the moment.

7. What are your thoughts on VAR? As Nando said, i think it's good if its used correctly.

8. Who is going to win the Champions League? - I think this could well be PSG's year tbh.

9. Was Azzy right to fire Marky in round one of the legendary Azzrentice? - Azzy tended to do what he wanted on the forum so probably not.

10. Not been asked for a while….would you rather fight one horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses? Both at the same time baby.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 18 Jan 2018, 1:53 pm

1 Absolutely the right result, and I think Bam did a great job with tactics. Keep doing what you are doing and you will get your rewards.

2 I'm looking forward to it. I like Miky's philosophy and preferred style. I'll be honest though, I was already looking at next season before last week (Hero isn't going to lose two games, let alone 3), so my selections between now and the end of the season may reflect that....

3. Verratti. Without question!

4. Belotti obviously...

5. Marky or Trebs. They both seem to have the ability to see the whole picture and identify all things that could impact the tasks.

Pickford
Walker---Stones---Cahill---Bertrand
Dier---Wilshere
Sterling---Alli---Lallana
Kane

7. I think it is needed and a long time coming. It has to be used correctly though. Take last night as an example, the referee made the decision and as VAR was unable to conclusively say the ref was wrong, then what he says goes. Bit like Umpires Call in Cricket.

8. PSG. Their front 3 is frightening at the moment.

9. No. Marky might have suggested the name in discussions, but it wasn't what the team went with, nor did Marky mention it, so should have been completely disregarded.

10. One horse sized duck. Kill him, roast him with aromatic spices and then tuck in with the largest pancakes I can find, and a bucket of Hoisin sauce!!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down