The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

3 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 8 Empty The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Sun 08 Apr 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just for you Beast.

Things going well on and off the pitch, promotion back up to the Championship hopefully.

And stupids rows with Workington what else could you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Thu 04 Nov 2021, 3:00 am

Wonder if one might be Adam Quinlan.
You need a FB, and he's good (apart from his defence), brilliant attacking play. Knows the division from when Rovers where there. Only downside is his injury record.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast Sun 07 Nov 2021, 9:00 am

Luke wrote:Wonder if one might be Adam Quinlan.
You need a FB, and he's good (apart from his defence), brilliant attacking play. Knows the division from when Rovers where there. Only downside is his injury record.

Quality player on this day but that last sentence would IMHO (I am not the Coach) be raise red flags. Elliott Hall is a full back and Elliott Kear at a push.

Ross Oakes has left and will join Sheffield Eagles next season. A solid Centre, good luck to him.

Connor Robinson will not be joining he has signed for Doncaster, having been seemingly been released by Fax.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 08 Nov 2021, 6:03 pm

Ebon Scurr has signed a two year contract. OUTSTANDING news.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 14 Nov 2021, 8:21 pm

Young prop Bradley Ho has signed a two year contract.

Coby Nicol (Centre) and AJ Wallace (SR) join from Leeds Rhinos

Brad Gallagher (SR) & Sam Hallas (LF) have both joined Newcastle.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 15 Nov 2021, 2:25 pm

Fixture list is out.

Rd1 - Sun 30thJan - Dewsbury Away.
Rd2 - Sun 6th Feb - Sheffield home.
Rd3 - Mon 14th Feb - Leigh Away.
Rd4 - Sun 20th Feb - Barrow Home.
Rd5 - Sun 6th March - Batley Home.
Rd6 - Sun 20th March - Workington Away.
Rd7 - Sun 3rd April - London Broncos Away.
Rd8 - Good Friday 15th April - Halifax Home.
Rd9 - Mon 25th April - Featherstone Home.
Rd10 - Sun 1st May - Whitehaven Away.
Rd11 - Sun 15th May - York Home.
Rd12 - Sun 22nd May - Newcastle Home.
Rd13 - Thurs 2nd June - Widnes Away.
Rd14 - Sun 5th June - Featherstone Away.
Rd15 - Sun 12th June - Sheffield Away.
Rd16 - Sun 26th June - Dewsbury Home.
Rd17 - Sun 3rd July - Leigh Home.
Rd18 - Sun 10th July - Newcastle Away.
Rd19 - Sat 16th July - London Broncos Home.
Rd20 - Sun 24th July- Barrow Away.
Rd21 - summer bash - Summer bash - Summer bash.
Rd22 - Sun 7th Aug - Workington Home.
Rd23 - Sun 14th Aug - York Away.
Rd24 - Sun 21st Aug - Whitehaven Home.
Rd25 - Sun 28th Aug - Halifax Away.
Rd26 - Sun 4th Sept - Batley Away.
Rd27 - Sun 11th Sept- Widnes Home.

Then the play offs.

Weird they haven't announces the summer bash games, they usually do that before the fixtures.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 23 Nov 2021, 7:44 pm

Thank you.  Of the first five I would be hoping for four wins, that is if they are to be serious contenders.

Not sure about the summer bash, not in Blackpool is my understanding which is my guess as to why the fixtures have not been released. Saying that if it is not Fax I would be surprised.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 02 Dec 2021, 7:40 pm

Bradford/Leeds announce a new partnership that also includes Netball.

Leeds/Bradford Partnership

Added to this three Leeds players, Muizz Mustapha, Corey Johnson and Jarrod O’Connor join on loan. I have said before when he went to KR, I have been a fan of Mustapha since seeing him at the academy game prior the 2019 Challenge Cup game v Leeds.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 07 Dec 2021, 7:58 pm

The Beast wrote:Thank you.  Of the first five I would be hoping for four wins, that is if they are to be serious contenders.

Not sure about the summer bash, not in Blackpool is my understanding which is my guess as to why the fixtures have not been released.  Saying that if it is not Fax I would be surprised.

I would expect you to win the first 3 home games. The 2 away ones I'm not sure about. Think you have to so well in first couple of months. As April/May could be difficult for you.

Problem for the championship is are they going to have anything to play for, as it's still being strongly rumoured that 2023 sl to 10 teams.
Which as I've stated before, isn't the way forward for the sport. 14 is the way it should go.

As for the summer bash, That's my understanding but not sure why they haven't announced a venue let alone the games if you want to sell the event sooner is better than last minute.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 17 Dec 2021, 1:54 am

Bradford have entered into a duel registration deal with Hull FC, including a friendly at Odsal.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 17 Dec 2021, 9:05 am

Beaten me to that. I am not much of a fan of Dual registration however Bradford have a deeper squad so there is not much point sending inexperienced Hull players over, they might struggle to get a game.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 18 Dec 2021, 12:45 am

The Beast wrote:Beaten me to that. I am not much of a fan of Dual registration however Bradford have a deeper squad so there is not much point sending inexperienced Hull players over, they might struggle to get a game.

You know my views on duel registration, and even more that it's a waste of time. And they should be setting up a proper reserve league.

But this does seem a strange one to me, as you say you got depth. And Hull squad isn't massive. And given the run of injuries they've had the last couple of years, you'd think if it continues they'd be struggling to send players over. And also given where you hope to be in the league, a settled side,with experience is the way that's going to get you there in my opinion.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 19 Dec 2021, 6:02 pm

With reference to dual reg. I would not be completely surprised if someone went the other way i.e. Ebon Scurr.

Meanwhile squad numbers have been announced;

1 Elliot Kear
2 Matty Dawson-Jones
3 Rhys Evans
4 Kieron Gill
5 Ryan Millar
6 Dec Patton
7 Jordan Lilley
8 Anthony Walker
9 Thomas Doyle
10 Steve Crossley (Capt.)
11 Aaron Murphy
12 Sam Scott
13 Ben Evans
14 George Flanagan
15 Jordan Baldwinson
16 Ebon Scurr
17 Brad England
18 Samy Kibula
19 Dee Fogin-Johnston
20 Billy Jowitt
21 Eliot Hall
22 Joe Burton
23 Bradley Ho
24 AJ Wallace
27 Eldon Myers
28 Dan Fleming

25, 26 & 29 are not as yet named, presumably O'Connor, Mustapha and Johnson on loan from Leeds.

No idea if this will work, but the 2022 kits are now also announced.

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 8 Bulls_10

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 8 Bulls_11

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 22 Jan 2022, 12:32 pm

Sigh, before a ball is passed Jordan Lilley is injured and out for 6 - 8 weeks with a knee injury. The saving grace I guess is that young h/b Billy Jowitt gets some extended pre-season preparation.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 31 Jan 2022, 6:11 pm

Solid start to the season 46 - 16 away at Dewsbury I would take every day. I have to say however unfortunately I do think the Rams might struggle this year. I hope to be wrong, they have been so generous in their help of securing the Bulls future but I do have concerns.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 05 Feb 2022, 7:29 am

Excellent news as Dec Patton has already signed a contract extension that takes him to the end of the 2023 season. Good to have 2 quality half-backs signed up for the next 2 seasons.

Sheffield at home tomorrow, a game that needs and probably should be won. Some extra spice added as a result of last years' hiding and Sheffield not be willing to accommodate the reverse fixture at Odsal. Add that to the Eagles having a number of former Bulls, could be interesting.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 06 Feb 2022, 5:19 pm

Was at Odsal Today Beast.
Now the conditions haven't been great with a lot of rain the last 2 days (the pitch was a bog in certain areas) and a strong wind. So that may mitigate some of this.
Bradford were poor. Way to much 1 man stuff especially in the Sheffield 20. And a lot of average defence allowing Sheffield a lot of cheap yards. Sheffield ran harder and tried a little bit more when they had the ball.
Goood news is it still rd 2, so putting in a poor performance now, is better than latter. And the pack looks good.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 06 Feb 2022, 5:36 pm

Luke wrote:Was at Odsal Today Beast.
Now the conditions haven't been great with a lot of rain the last 2 days (the pitch was a bog in certain areas) and a strong wind. So that may mitigate some of this.
Bradford were poor.  Way to much 1 man stuff especially in the Sheffield 20. And a lot of average defence allowing Sheffield a lot of cheap yards. Sheffield ran harder and tried a little bit more when they had the ball.
Goood news is it still rd 2, so putting in a poor performance now, is better than latter. And the pack looks good.

To be honest I feel a bit for you!! I listened to commentary whilst working at home, the weather was awful in Leicestershire so Odsal must have been particularly unpleasant. It is only round 2 but that is a horrible result, even with several missing a game they should be winning particularly at home. Credit to Sheffield and particularly those ex-Bulls who will have a spring in their steps tonight.

Leigh away next who, well, they are not going to beat so a 1 - 3 start.

I await Mr Kear's interview which is likely to be colder than the weather.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 06 Feb 2022, 5:41 pm

And on cue;

John Kear

“Our attitude was abysmal, it was diabolical, it was completely unacceptable. We have disrespected the opposition and we have got what we deserved. We have embarrassed ourselves.”

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 12 Feb 2022, 7:56 am

To luck to the Bulls for the coming season and Super League needs a vibrant Bradford Bulls, but please no more boom and bust

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 13 Feb 2022, 4:17 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:To luck to the Bulls for the coming season and Super League needs a vibrant Bradford Bulls, but please no more boom and bust

Good to see you posting GH, I hope you are well.

I do agree with both parts, another bust may well be terminal.

Tough game at Leigh tomorrow, anything like the rubbish served up last week and it will be a hiding.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 14 Feb 2022, 7:49 pm

Corey Johnson named in the halves for tonight's trip to Leigh is recalled by Leeds.........seemingly an hour before k.o.????

Chester Butler who has not played for nearly 3 years signs on loan from Huddersfield and is on the bench!! John Kear might get a game at this rate, farce. Looks like pretty well all who are available/fit will play, irrespective of positions. Ryan Miller originally on the bench (who has a winger on the bench) will now play FB.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 14 Feb 2022, 9:41 pm

To be fair a pretty decent tilt in the first half but faded badly as the game went on and the score line blew out in the 4th quarter. Always going to tough at Leigh particularly on a weekday.

Very grateful to Leeds for the loan players albeit there are now none at the club with Mustapha injured but recalling players at the 11th hour is pretty rough.

That said Barrow at home on Sunday looks like a very important game, need some players back asap.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:08 am

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:To luck to the Bulls for the coming season and Super League needs a vibrant Bradford Bulls, but please no more boom and bust

Tough game at Leigh tomorrow, anything like the rubbish served up last week and it will be a hiding.
I've had a difficult few months health wise, but hopefully I'm over the worse now

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 19 Feb 2022, 10:00 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:

I've had a difficult few months health wise, but hopefully I'm over the worse now

That is positive news GH, I hope you continue to improve. Best wishes to you and family.

The Beast

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 19 Feb 2022, 10:03 am

Tomorrow's game v Barrow has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. I think this is good news on the basis it gives more time to get some players back. Moreover after yesterday and looking at the forecast for tomorrow horrible and potentially dangerous conditions for travelling and spectating.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 20 Feb 2022, 1:28 am

The Beast wrote:Tomorrow's game v Barrow has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.  I think this is good news on the basis it gives more time to get some players back.  Moreover after yesterday and looking at the forecast for tomorrow horrible and potentially dangerous conditions for travelling and spectating.
Hopefully things dry out as the week continues

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 26 Feb 2022, 8:08 am

David Foggin-Johnson has been banned for 5 games having been sent off in the last minute of the Leigh hammering. I am sure not deliberate but it was a horrible tackle (head high), perhaps only his previous excellent record preventing a longer spell on the sidelines.

Challenge Cup Sunday at London. I am expecting a tough game but if team IS going to be challenging for some kind of honours/playoffs one that should be won.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 06 Mar 2022, 5:51 pm

Some good news (albeit strange) as far as I can tell the Dual Reg agreement with Hull has ended with Leeds taking their place?? Jarrod O'Connor and Liam Tindall today helping the Bulls win what was a very important game at home to Batley. Could have been easier had they not bombed a try when 20 - 12 up.

Good to see Jordan Lilley returning, hopefully he and Dec Patton can start to form a cohesive partnership. Patton's goal kicking.....Broughesque.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 20 Mar 2022, 1:45 pm

Dan Fleming has had an operation to repair his pec and will be out for at least 3 months.

Workington away today. They have not won in the league but are showing clear signs of improvement. Bradford have a poor record at their ground, I am very much hoping for a win but it is a banana skin the club have slipped on previously.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 22 Mar 2022, 7:32 pm

Not particularly pretty but banana skin avoided at Workington. With the CC cup next week a week off to recharge batteries before London away.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 03 Apr 2022, 5:06 pm

Several players missing today in the pack. A win at London, ugly but a win.

More importantly the game was delayed as a fan was taken from the ground to hospital. Best wishes to that person, hope they are OK.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Tue 05 Apr 2022, 7:24 pm

The Beast wrote:Several players missing today in the pack.  A win at London, ugly but a win.

More importantly the game was delayed as a fan was taken from the ground to hospital.  Best wishes to that person, hope they are OK.
I'm surprised the game was close as i gather from people who have seen them this season that the Broncos are one of the favourite's to be relegated, but a wins a win.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 06 Apr 2022, 12:39 am

Lot of talk about Bradford signing a former fans favourite from Halifax.
Need to bring someone in with easter just around the corner. Though do wonder how the duel registration with Hull is going, and if they cant get a couple of players from there fir a few weejs at least.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 09 Apr 2022, 9:06 am

Duel reg is now with Leeds, no idea as such what happened with Hull.

Sam Hallas has left Newcastle apparently due to non-rugby opportunities and not wishing to be full-time. I would not be surprised if he is the potential signing and no complaints, a guy who gives 100% every second he is on the pitch.

The Beast

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 13 Apr 2022, 1:32 am

The Beast wrote:Duel reg is now with Leeds, no idea as such what happened with Hull.  

Sam Hallas has left Newcastle apparently due to non-rugby opportunities and not wishing to be full-time.  I would not be surprised if he is the potential signing and no complaints, a guy who gives 100% every second he is on the pitch.

He's joined till the end of the season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 13 Apr 2022, 7:53 pm

Yes, Sam Hallas is back good news. Not the biggest or most skillful but as mentioned gives absolutely 100%.

Sunday v Barrow, very poor. 22 - 23 did not reflect the game, a weakened Barrow good value for their win. Bradford "attack" is frankly awful, appears to be one tactic i.e. a cross-field kick. The better sides are going to be able to defend that all day, improvement needed or no playoffs and dwindling ticket sales this year.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 16 Apr 2022, 11:56 am

Just to expand upon Luke's comment re; Bradford's poor run. Oh yes.

Just to start well played Halifax, to win a game when you have a player sent off with 90 seconds is impressive....as such.

Bradford....sigh.......some very odd decisions. Last week they woke up after trailing a weakened Barrow side when Elliot Hall went to FB, so you might think they would start with that. No, Kear at FB, Aaron Murphy (good in the SR) at Centre, Hall on the bench?

Fax have a man sent off after the aforementioned 90 seconds, Bradford eventually lead 15 - 8 in the second half are awarded a penalty. Why oh why with a 7 point lead do you take 2 to make it 9 against 12 players???? Have they been watching RU?

The "attacking" play is an oxymoron, literally 5 one man drives then a kick. I cannot understand at this stage of the season in good weather where the ball movement is? Patton, Lilley, Kear, Matty Dawson-Jones, Ryan Miller, Keiron Gill, Eliiot Hall et al should be a potent threat. It is so obvious what they are doing 50% of the opposition defensive work is done for them i.e. zero decisions to make on who might be receiving the ball.

John Kear's reaction "It is going to be a s**t Easter for everyone connected with the club", I trust will include himself, the metaphorical knives I am sorry to say are now well and truly out.

Featherstone next on a Monday night, they put 58 on Barrow, not sure I want to think about it too much.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 16 Apr 2022, 12:58 pm

Defence, I forgot to complain about that too.

No words, here are the "highlights"

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 16 Apr 2022, 12:59 pm

Was going to say, there's more and more talk about Kear, and wether hes taken them as far as he can.

Its strange, you have the squad on paper to be in the play offs, but when i saw you and pretty much most games its almost like you dont want to put the ball wide, which personally I think is one of your strengths. You have 2 good hb's, but its not good for them or the team when all they're doing is dropping off balls for the forwards.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 19 Apr 2022, 7:23 pm

Interesting club statement;

Bulls Statement on Recent Performances

Again the results are not great however it is also the nature and style of play that fans are questioning.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Apr 2022, 6:50 pm

Monday v Fev.........poor form, injuries a lack of DR availability. Let's hope it is not too bad.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Apr 2022, 11:55 pm

The Beast wrote:Interesting club statement;

Bulls Statement on Recent Performances

Again the results are not great however it is also the nature and style of play that fans are questioning.

It's a weird statement. In my opinion it's trying to almost paper over the cracks by saying yeah we've won 4 games, but don't look to closely otherwise you'll nitice everything else that's wrong.

I think you'll be fine on monday, in the 1st half. But given how you run out of steam at the end of halfs, then i fear for you.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 25 Apr 2022, 9:37 pm

Pretty well psychic Luke. A big improvement but no disgrace losing 18 - 32 to Fev. More important is Sunday's game at Whitehaven, won't be easy but they simply cannot afford to slip up.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 26 Apr 2022, 8:35 pm

John Kear leaves his position as Head Coach by "Mutual Consent". No sign of this in the post match interview last night so let's be honest he was sacked.

Sad news, he came in at the right time after the debacle of appointing Geoff Toovey and has certainly taken the team forward. It is a shame he could not stay until the end of the season (which would have been the end of his current contract) however at present the team is less than the sum of it's parts.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 27 Apr 2022, 1:21 am

The Beast wrote:John Kear leaves his position as Head Coach by "Mutual Consent".  No sign of this in the post match interview last night so let's be honest he was sacked.

Sad news, he came in at the right time after the debacle of appointing Geoff Toovey and has certainly taken the team forward.  It is a shame he could not stay until the end of the season (which would have been the end of his current contract) however at present the team is less than the sum of it's parts.

Suprised its happened now. Like you said he was the right man to steady the club, but probably the wrong one to take it forward afterwards.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 01 May 2022, 5:00 pm

First game in the post John Kear era begins with a win at Whitehaven. Very good first half, second half...........no idea what happened but conceded 3 quick tries, at one stage seemingly quite nervous having been 34 - 6 up.

The word from the club seemingly that a new coach appointment is not likely for the next couple of weeks, Mark Dunning will have a chance to stake a claim.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 05 May 2022, 7:30 pm

The Beast wrote:John Kear leaves his position as Head Coach by "Mutual Consent".  No sign of this in the post match interview last night so let's be honest he was sacked.

Sad news, he came in at the right time after the debacle of appointing Geoff Toovey and has certainly taken the team forward.  It is a shame he could not stay until the end of the season (which would have been the end of his current contract) however at present the team is less than the sum of it's parts.
John Kear likes his teams to play a certain way and it can boring at times.
It's ok for cup finals and relegation battles, but not for a season when you are chasing promotion

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 16 May 2022, 7:05 pm

Not going to lie, from what I have seen this year the Bulls have played some frankly very dour rugby. As you say GH, at times it is necessary however in these times where going to games is becoming financially difficult to justify entertainment IMO entertainment has to be a factor.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 16 May 2022, 8:58 pm

The Beast wrote:Not going to lie, from what I have seen this year the Bulls have played some frankly very dour rugby.  As you say GH, at times it is necessary however in these times where going to games is becoming financially difficult to justify entertainment IMO entertainment has to be a factor.
I have head a rumour today that Brian McDermott COULD be the next Bulls coach

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 21 May 2022, 7:52 pm

I have heard that GH. Not sure if it has legs to be honest, it is not in honesty obvious to me why McDermott would make the move.

I have heard Tony Smith too however I really think that is just wishful thinking on fans' behalf.

Back to winning ways today at home to Newcastle. Went into a 30 - 0 lead then without taking anything away from The Thunder lost their way. Perhaps the most significant factor being a, 3 Leeds loan players (granted Tom Holroyd last around 10 mins before being sent off) and that captain Steve Crossley was not selected. I am fan of Crossley but at present he does appear to be struggling.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next