The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

3 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 9 Empty The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by Luke Sun 08 Apr 2018, 1:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just for you Beast.

Things going well on and off the pitch, promotion back up to the Championship hopefully.

And stupids rows with Workington what else could you want.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 22 May 2022, 8:37 pm

The Beast wrote:I have heard that GH.  Not sure if it has legs to be honest,  it is not in honesty obvious to me why McDermott would make the move.

I have heard Tony Smith too however I really think that is just wishful thinking on fans' behalf.

Back to winning ways today at home to Newcastle.  Went into a 30 - 0 lead then without taking anything away from The Thunder lost their way.  Perhaps the most significant factor being a, 3 Leeds loan players (granted Tom Holroyd last around 10 mins before being sent off) and that captain Steve Crossley was not selected.  I am fan of Crossley but at present he does appear to be struggling.
There RUMOURS suggesting that Tony Smith could be coaching Wakefield next season, but his adventurous attacking Rugby League would be great for the Bulls fans after the watching paint dry Rugby League that they played under John Kear.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The we're on our way back -Bradford Thread

Post by The Beast Sat 04 Jun 2022, 5:56 pm

Possibly best performance of the season to win 6 - 31 at Widnes on Thursday.

Pretty well mission impossible Monday night at Fev but a very important game at Sheffield the following weekend.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 08 Jun 2022, 7:59 pm

The Beast wrote:Possibly best performance of the season to win 6 - 31 at Widnes on Thursday.

Pretty well mission impossible Monday night at Fev but a very important game at Sheffield the following weekend.
Free from the shackles of John Kear's game plan

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 10 Jun 2022, 6:16 pm

See you've got Brandon Pickersgill back pn a short term loan.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 10 Jun 2022, 10:17 pm

Luke wrote:See you've got Brandon Pickersgill back pn a short term loan.

Uummmm, I have mixed views.

2 - 3 years ago Featherstone had multiple loan players and IMO it was not a great look, HOWEVER credit where credit is due they used the system put in place (not by them) effectively and efficiently to help grow the club and look at them, ready for SL.

When I heard that news I was not greatly concerned as Elliot Kear is injured and I assumed Elliot Hall also is. Not so, Hall is now on loan at Dewsbury for a month, is the club saying we would rather have Pickersgill for one game whilst loaning next in line elsewhere? a, that should not be allowed b, it sends a terrible message to Hall who IMO should be playing for Bradford on Sunday or not at all.

It is not just Pickersgill, Alex Mellor in on duel reg from Leeds as is Corey Johnson. Uummmmm

The Beast

George Hotel1895 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 22 Jun 2022, 7:27 pm

The Beast wrote:
Luke wrote:See you've got Brandon Pickersgill back pn a short term loan.

Uummmm, I have mixed views.

2 - 3 years ago Featherstone had multiple loan players and IMO it was not a great look, HOWEVER credit where credit is due they used the system put in place (not by them) effectively and efficiently to help grow the club and look at them, ready for SL.

When I heard that news I was not greatly concerned as Elliot Kear is injured and I assumed Elliot Hall also is.  Not so, Hall is now on loan at Dewsbury for a month, is the club saying we would rather have Pickersgill for one game whilst loaning next in line elsewhere? a, that should not be allowed b, it sends a terrible message to Hall who IMO should be playing for Bradford on Sunday or not at all.

It is not just Pickersgill, Alex Mellor in on duel reg from Leeds as is Corey Johnson. Uummmmm
Yes Fev are ready for for Super league, but unless Super League goes to 14 clubs i predict they will still playing in the championship next season, as for me Leigh are the team in the championship this season

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 24 Jun 2022, 5:13 pm

Ben Evans to leave the club at the end of the season and join Barrow on a 2 year deal.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 27 Jun 2022, 1:50 pm

Luke wrote:Ben Evans to leave the club at the end of the season and join Barrow on a 2 year deal.
He will be happy with that deal i would have thought

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 02 Jul 2022, 10:16 am

Comments from the club suggest a new head coach will be announced in the next week/10 days. It is a crucial decision given the proposed changes, Mark Dunning has IMO improved the team and in particular the style of play I won't complain if he is the successful candidate.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 02 Jul 2022, 10:33 am

Leigh at home tomorrow, anything less than a hammering will be a "success".

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 02 Jul 2022, 9:40 pm

The Beast wrote:Leigh at home tomorrow, anything less than a hammering will be a "success".
Without a doubt Leigh are the form team in the Championship this season, but there is always a slim chance they might become a bit complacent against the Bulls

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 04 Jul 2022, 6:06 pm

6 - 56 was no great surprise. Mark Dunning describing Leigh as the best side he has ever seen in the Championship. A scoring average after 17 games of 40 - 8 makes that entirely reasonable.

Barrow upsetting York leads me to suspect that with a summer bash game v Fax, away to Barrow, the playoffs may already be out of reach.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 07 Jul 2022, 7:45 pm

Mark Dunning now confirmed as head coach
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/20262392.dunning-named-bradford-bulls-head-coach-interim-spell/

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Thu 07 Jul 2022, 8:10 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:Mark Dunning now confirmed as head coach
https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/20262392.dunning-named-bradford-bulls-head-coach-interim-spell/

Frankly it is about time, unlike some however I am pleased. The side appears to be improving, style of play is much easier on the eye since he took over. Some I think want the BIG name, frankly I don't give a damn.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 07 Jul 2022, 11:31 pm

The Beast wrote:

Frankly it is about time, unlike some however I am pleased.  The side appears to be improving, style of play is much easier on the eye since he took over.  Some I think want the BIG name, frankly I don't give a damn.

What do you think of Brian Noble's new role?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 08 Jul 2022, 8:52 pm

Luke wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Frankly it is about time, unlike some however I am pleased.  The side appears to be improving, style of play is much easier on the eye since he took over.  Some I think want the BIG name, frankly I don't give a damn.

What do you think of Brian Noble's new role?

Ah yes, I forgot to mention that. In a word odd. I am hopeful it is something Dunning asked for or quicky and easily agreed to. Anything else doesn't make sense and is likely not to work.
t

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Fri 08 Jul 2022, 9:27 pm

Irrespective of who is coach tonight............struggling for words, dire, dismal, appalling, horrendous just horrible. Credit to Newcastle for taking advantage.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 10 Jul 2022, 9:25 pm

The Beast wrote:Irrespective of who is coach tonight............struggling for words, dire, dismal, appalling, horrendous just horrible.  Credit to Newcastle for taking advantage.
A root and branch overall is clearly need at Bradford. Money needs to be found for news players and money needs to be found to do something about the ground, but where from i haven't a clue, but a club like the Bulls shouldn't be struggling on and off the pitch with their rich history and potential fan base in a Rugby League city like Bradford and the size of the metropolitan area.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 16 Jul 2022, 8:28 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Irrespective of who is coach tonight............struggling for words, dire, dismal, appalling, horrendous just horrible.  Credit to Newcastle for taking advantage.
A root and branch overall is clearly need at Bradford. Money needs to be found for news players and money needs to be found to do something about the ground, but where from i haven't a clue, but a club like the Bulls shouldn't be struggling on and off the pitch with their rich history and potential fan base in a Rugby League city like Bradford and the size of the metropolitan area.

No will argue with that. Nigel Wood laid it out at the fans forum on Thursday night. To a large extent the problems are the old problems, Odsal.

London at home today (6pm?) looks likely the very talented George Flanagan Jr. will make his debut.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 16 Jul 2022, 11:51 pm

Another defeat.

One things for sure, that squad needs an overhaul.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 17 Jul 2022, 1:04 pm

Luke wrote:Another defeat.

Again with respect to London who are improving I find myself lost for words. They were improving but the wheels have fallen off. Home form appalling but I agree changes need to be made.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 17 Jul 2022, 6:03 pm

The Beast wrote:

Again with respect to London who are improving I find myself lost for words.  They were improving but the wheels have fallen off.  Home form appalling but I agree changes need to be made.  
I have seen London this season and they are a poor side, and i think that tells you all you need to know about how poor the Bulls are at the moment. I have seen a posting where it's been suggested that the administrators are on stand by for the Bulls.
I really hope they are not in more financial trouble

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 20 Jul 2022, 5:01 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:

Again with respect to London who are improving I find myself lost for words.  They were improving but the wheels have fallen off.  Home form appalling but I agree changes need to be made.  
I have seen London this season and they are a poor side, and i think that tells you all you need to know about how poor the Bulls are at the moment. I have seen a posting where it's been suggested that the administrators are on stand by for the Bulls.
I really hope they are not in more financial trouble

I can't say for sure however there was a rumour on social media that to the best of my knowledge it was someone trying to create mischief and nothing else.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 20 Jul 2022, 5:13 pm

Reports suggest that Prop Dan Fleming will shortly be leaving for Featherstone.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 21 Jul 2022, 4:16 am

The Beast wrote:Reports suggest that Prop Dan Fleming will shortly be leaving for Featherstone.

Finalised.

Massive game this weekend. Really need to win at Barrow or out of play off picture really.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 21 Jul 2022, 3:31 pm

The Beast wrote:Reports suggest that Prop Dan Fleming will shortly be leaving for Featherstone.
Some of the more talented players I'm sure will move on in the closed season.
2023 is going to be a massive year for the Bulls one way or the other.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Jul 2022, 10:32 am

Luke wrote:

Finalised.

Massive game this weekend. Really need to win at Barrow or out of play off picture really.

To be honest I think that ship sailed a few weeks ago and losses to Newcastle and London only cemented that view.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 23 Jul 2022, 10:34 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
Some of the more talented players I'm sure will move on in the closed season.
2023 is going to be a massive year for the Bulls one way or the other.

Agreed, Tom Doyle (Hooker) I suspect will move on and there is likely to be significant changes which on current form looks to be very necessary.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat 23 Jul 2022, 2:33 pm

The Beast wrote:
Luke wrote:

Finalised.

To be honest I think that ship sailed a few weeks ago and losses to Newcastle and London only cemented that view.

True, but whilst you were only a few points behind you still had a chance. Though Barrow have been outstanding this year (and Batley to be fair), I still expected more from Bradford if just pushing for the play offs, and taking it to the wire.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 24 Jul 2022, 5:14 pm

Agreed I certainly expected more this season however the backside has fallen out of this season. It is almost a reversal, previously on the games they won there has usually been a 10 - 15 minute spell of madness letting them back in. Now it the way around 18 - 0 down, scored put some pressure on......then normal service resumed.

Baffled, I have no idea what has gone wrong but whilst mathematically not over IMO you can put a fork in this season, all done.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 24 Jul 2022, 5:22 pm

Last 3 games, Newcastle, London and Barrow.

Aggregate scores 113 - 26, hard to fathom.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 24 Jul 2022, 11:32 pm

It's been a really weird season. You signed some decent players off season, back at Odsal. It really is hard to explain/see where it went wrong. No one could see Barrow being as good as they are, but there seems to be alot of average teams, and I fully expected you to be doing better against them. Though the 5 drives and a kick style of play certainly didn't help, it's really suprising just how far you've dropped off the last month.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 28 Jul 2022, 7:45 pm

Nigel Wood the CEO is going to have a lot of work to do in the close season with the unloading of under performing players and bringing in more consistent players and the on going ground saga

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 06 Aug 2022, 2:41 pm

No great surprise another loss to Fax, but arguably a better performance.

Jordan Lilly injured and Dec Patton set for a ban so no halfbacks. To be honest I am ready for the season to be over, effectively it is. My hope is the Juniors Flanagan Jr. and Myles Lawford get game time.........why not.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sun 07 Aug 2022, 8:37 pm

Patton charged with eye gouging, so if gets least will be back for last game.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 08 Aug 2022, 7:55 pm

The Beast wrote:No great surprise another loss to Fax, but arguably a better performance.

Jordan Lilly injured and Dec Patton set for a ban so no halfbacks.  To be honest I am ready for the season to be over, effectively it is.  My hope is the Juniors Flanagan Jr. and Myles Lawford get game time.........why not.
A lot of deep thinking is required by the club in the close season. From the outside looking in the club looks a mess from top to bottom
At the moment the club looks a rudderless ship

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 08 Aug 2022, 7:56 pm

Luke wrote:Patton charged with eye gouging,  so if gets least will be back for last game.  
That is a terrible act and he needs a long ban to help focus his mind

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 09 Aug 2022, 6:58 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
Luke wrote:Patton charged with eye gouging,  so if gets least will be back for last game.  

Ban on the way and the club have already said they will not appeal.

Big turnover of players on the way and frankly necessary. A number signed one year deals that at the time I questioned however it appears to have been a good policy. Jordan Lilley and Dec Patton have another year, I would not be surprised however if at least one left.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 09 Aug 2022, 9:41 pm

Dec Patton, 7 match ban for eye gouging. I would not argue with that and as mentioned neither are the club.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 10 Aug 2022, 4:10 pm

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Ban on the way and the club have already said they will not appeal.

Big turnover of players on the way and frankly necessary.  A  number signed one year deals that at the time I questioned however it appears to have been a good policy.  Jordan Lilley and Dec Patton have another year, I would not be surprised however if at least one left.

7 matches, rest of this season and first 2 next.

Agree need a turnover, but not sure which way. Personally would go with younger hungry players. Also feel they need to massively change there style of play.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 11 Aug 2022, 6:09 pm

The Beast wrote:Dec Patton, 7 match ban for eye gouging.  I would not argue with that and as mentioned neither are the club.
I think there are many problems behind the scenes at Odsal and need to be sorted out before the start of the new season

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sat 20 Aug 2022, 5:21 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:Dec Patton, 7 match ban for eye gouging.  I would not argue with that and as mentioned neither are the club.
I think there are many problems behind the scenes at Odsal and need to be sorted out before the start of the new season

Yes, as mentioned big turnover on the way. Ryan Millar, Ant Walker rumoured to be heading for Widnes, AJ Wallace to Cas.

Actual news is that Chester Butler who has been on loan from Huddersfield has signed a two year contract. Good news, one of this years' better players.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Wed 24 Aug 2022, 7:31 pm

The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Yes, as mentioned big turnover on the way.  Ryan Millar, Ant Walker rumoured to be heading for Widnes, AJ Wallace to Cas.

Actual news is that Chester Butler who has been on loan from Huddersfield has signed a two year contract.  Good news, one of this years' better players.
Rumour and counter rumours coming out of Odsal. For sure it's not a happy ship at the moment

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 28 Aug 2022, 9:43 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:
The Beast wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

Yes, as mentioned big turnover on the way.  Ryan Millar, Ant Walker rumoured to be heading for Widnes, AJ Wallace to Cas.

Actual news is that Chester Butler who has been on loan from Huddersfield has signed a two year contract.  Good news, one of this years' better players.
Rumour and counter rumours coming out of Odsal. For sure it's not a happy ship at the moment

I think it that it is clear there have been issues in the squad, one reason for high turnover we are about to see.

Signing news; Ben Blackmore (Wing) has signed a one year deal for 2023.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 29 Aug 2022, 12:45 am

Think Mark Dunning will still be there next year?
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 29 Aug 2022, 1:01 pm

Looks like you've signed Tom Holmes.

Good signing, but wonder which of Patton or Lilley will leave as likely.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Mon 29 Aug 2022, 3:15 pm

Luke wrote:Looks like you've signed Tom Holmes.

Good signing, but wonder which of Patton or Lilley will leave as likely.

That is the report yes. Still awaiting official confirmation but I agree potentially a very good signing.

I have mentioned before I think one/both of Lilley or Patton will leave.

No real surprise at the Fax result. A Leeds academy player replacing an injured Bulls academy half-back & another Bulls academy player on the bench. This season long gone for me.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 04 Sep 2022, 4:35 pm

Brad England has signed a one year contract for 2023 which is good news.

Wouldn't be the same with some bad news however as it reported the club will have reduced central funding re-paying a loan to the RFL.

Batley away today, into the second half and the hosts are pulling away and Bulls with two starting very young half backs including Jacob Hookem on loan from Hull FC?? They are out of interchanges and it is looking like a heavy defeat.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Tue 06 Sep 2022, 6:37 pm

Good news it is the final game of a dreadful season on Sunday. Bad news 3 more injuries, no fit halfbacks over 17 at the club, who plays in anyone's guess.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 11 Sep 2022, 1:09 pm

Expecting more announcements in the next few days, the main one being to confirm where they are playing next year as I THINK the Odsal Lease expires shortly.

The club have announced that Steve Crossley will play his last game today. For me he has been outstanding over the past few years but this is the right time. I like a "rampaging prop" but unfortunately he is now quite slow around the ruck and when he and Ant Walker (also leaving) are defending opposition hookers have been having a field day.

Notwithstanding that good luck and best wishes to him, hopefully a positive future whatever that may be.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next