The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Roller_Coaster
Pal Joey
Davie
kwinigolfer
pedro
I'm never wrong
Be_the_ball
dynamark
JAS
westisbest
navyblueshorts
Soul Requiem
beninho
McLaren
super_realist
19 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:48 am

First topic message reminder :

Just wondering what ailment you have which does not have a proven cure from modern medicine but for which Chinese "medicine" does.
Mac is the secretive one, not me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Cambridge Analytica are no longer in existence and Facebook have closed those loops.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 2:58 pm

super_realist wrote:Cambridge Analytica are no longer in existence and Facebook have closed those loops.

OK, well let's hope that nothing happens.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 3:03 pm

I don't see you concern really even if they did get your data, as long as it isn't data that can be used to defraud me or anyone else then I don't really care.
It's not as if anyone is actually analysing the data of individuals and tracking my movement.

Google, Amazon, YouTube etc know a lot more you than any C19 app will ever give the government.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 3:11 pm

super_realist wrote:I don't see you concern really even if they did get your data, as long as it isn't data that can be used to defraud me or anyone else then I don't really care.
It's not as if anyone is actually analysing the data of individuals and tracking my movement.

Google, Amazon, YouTube etc know a lot more you than any C19 app will ever give the government.

Crazy that people are different isn't it. And sone people didn't like information being stolen from them and sold to political parties. Even though you wouldn't have cared some people were not happy. Strange that not everyone is exactly the same as you isn't it?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 3:17 pm

Well if you don't explain what data you are worried about it's difficult to understand why you are worried. You said that the government might get my DOB, well they already have that in at least 10 sources. They don't need to steal that. They've also got my name and address and every other piece of information that I filled in at the last census.
If they actually wanted to sell my information, they don't need to go to the lengths of creating an app to do so.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 3:21 pm

You said you aren't worried about your data being mined if its not for fraud. I just said, that's fine but some people who had their data stolen and sold onto political parties in the CA case were not happy. Just because you wouldn't be bothered by that, doesn't mean other people have to be like you.

And remember, this is not the government's app. Any information will not be the government, its a private company. Again, it may mean nothing but you seem to keep mentioning the government with the data.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 3:29 pm

That's fine if they think their displeasure is justified, but is it information that wasn't already available elsewhere? I doubt it, and not as if it was used against them. Seems to me they're upset without real reason.

Do you seriously think that the government in light of recent scandals that you mention are going to permit data to be held and used by private companies? Did you not understand the concept of a token being used?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 3:33 pm

I'm well past talking about the app. I hope its all fine.

I'm not sure on the justification of hacking information from someone's phone or computer and selling it off, as well its already available. But again, each to their own.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 3:36 pm

There's no indication that it will be sold off, especially when you still haven't explained to what end it would be used and how it would affect anyone.

Like we already said. The data used is not personal. It's a token. An anonymous point on a map.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue May 05, 2020 3:41 pm

I checked my Google maps a few months back unaware of what it was logging, quite an eye opener but can't say I care too much with regards to this new app. Those complaining need to get a grip.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 3:53 pm

super_realist wrote:There's no indication that it will be sold off, especially when you still haven't explained to what end it would be used and how it would affect anyone.

Like we already said. The data used is not personal. It's a token. An anonymous point on a map.

You just seem to be dragging. At no point have I said it will be sold off. My point was the people behind it, have links to previous cases where problems, including stealing and selling information was found.

I've not said it will happen. But, that some people may be wary due to the aforementioned links. Now you have twisted something into asking where it will be sold to.

I get it you don't care if anyone has or does steal your data through any means. I get that, but obviously, some people didn't like it happening to them in the past.

What is confusing you about these points?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:I checked my Google maps a few months back unaware of what it was  logging, quite an eye opener but can't say I care too much with regards to this new app. Those complaining need to get a grip.

Every time you log an app you have to accept all types of things. Though I love the Facebook people who share questions about pets name and school details on some terrible Facebook questions sheet. Its just giving away your general security questions!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 3:56 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:I checked my Google maps a few months back unaware of what it was  logging, quite an eye opener but can't say I care too much with regards to this new app. Those complaining need to get a grip.

Every time you log an app you have to accept all types of things. Though I love the Facebook people who share questions about pets name and school details on some terrible Facebook questions sheet. Its just giving away your general security questions!

One of the things I hate about LinkedIn is every day a request comes up to wish someone a happy birthday.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue May 05, 2020 4:02 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:Think it will cone down to your views.

Cummings and vote leave were linked to Cambridge analytica and AIQ, who were fined for breaching data protection.

The team behind the new app are also Cummings people.

Now, I'm not saying anything dodgy will be going on far from it. But, maybe need to be wary of things that have happened in the past.

Evidence please.

Loads of people breach data protection - it doesn't make them all tinfoil conspiracies. I'd say if CA and AIQ and their data analysis was behind Trump getting in and the Brexit vote, you'd possibly have to suggest that they know how to handle/use data. Did you listen to the briefing yesterday? Until and unless contact w/ NHS required, all data stored on user's phone - only a problem if you're a f-wit and lose your phone...maybe.

No worries though - we'll bang on about data protection and be locked down for far longer. No problem.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/04/vote-leave-ai-firm-wins-seven-government-contracts-in-18-months

I think there are pretty clear links between them all. But, you may not think so.

Whoopee, the Guardian. Who'd have thought it?

🤷 They're good w/ data. Isn't that what's needed?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue May 05, 2020 4:04 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:I don't see you concern really even if they did get your data, as long as it isn't data that can be used to defraud me or anyone else then I don't really care.

Crazy that people are different isn't it. And sone people didn't like information being stolen from them and sold to political parties. Even though you wouldn't have cared some people were not happy. Strange that not everyone is exactly the same as you isn't it?
🤷 That's cool. You can stay locked down for a little longer then. Read my lips: the data is on your phone. Are you saying that's not the case?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 4:04 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:Think it will cone down to your views.

Cummings and vote leave were linked to Cambridge analytica and AIQ, who were fined for breaching data protection.

The team behind the new app are also Cummings people.

Now, I'm not saying anything dodgy will be going on far from it. But, maybe need to be wary of things that have happened in the past.

Evidence please.

Loads of people breach data protection - it doesn't make them all tinfoil conspiracies. I'd say if CA and AIQ and their data analysis was behind Trump getting in and the Brexit vote, you'd possibly have to suggest that they know how to handle/use data. Did you listen to the briefing yesterday? Until and unless contact w/ NHS required, all data stored on user's phone - only a problem if you're a f-wit and lose your phone...maybe.

No worries though - we'll bang on about data protection and be locked down for far longer. No problem.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/04/vote-leave-ai-firm-wins-seven-government-contracts-in-18-months

I think there are pretty clear links between them all. But, you may not think so.

Whoopee, the Guardian. Who'd have thought it?

🤷 They're good w/ data. Isn't that what's needed?

I'm a guardian reader, obviously.

Let's hope so, and let's hope that it works.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 4:05 pm

They're good at avoiding tax too, or rather their owners are.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 4:08 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:

🤷 That's cool. You can stay locked down for a little longer then. Read my lips: the data is on your phone. Are you saying that's not the case?

Nope, I haven't said that, I don't think I have. You also, seem to be making an argument against me, when I haven't even made one on the first place. All I did was point out that some people, who had data stolen didn't like it. All I've said, and I think I was pretty clear, sorry if not clear enough for you, is this may not be anything dodgy or words to that affect. Let's hope its all fine.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue May 05, 2020 5:06 pm

beninho wrote:

Good luck using any of that information to hack any account nowadays.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 5:25 pm

Talking of hacking. Not my golf...but I had £140 taken out my bank account by fraud. I only noticed it as I saw a transaction for 1p standing out, then £140 for the travelodge. Called the bank who refunded instantly, and advised they refused another one straight after the first. Seems that they try hundreds or more transactions at any time for a tiny amount and if it goes through try for bigger. My card was near expiration, so the guess is they ordered the room in order to get a refund on a different card.

Only time I've been done.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 5:35 pm

Had it a couple of times from skimming, but always been refunded.
Keep my card in a shielded sleeve in my wallet now and keep daily track of my account using a banking app (not connected to Cummings)
Usually its from a dodgy bank machine.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 5:53 pm

I keep a track on my account, and during lockdown its going through the roof! The excess money I have now is crazy. God I spent money on shlt!!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Ha ha, that is so true. I had a decent excess after last month. Just hope that I can hold onto my job so that it isn't just money to use as subsistence in the coming months.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 05, 2020 6:19 pm

Hope job is OK, its all pretty crazy. I'm sort of OK, as homelessness has not yet been solved!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue May 05, 2020 6:39 pm

Super

I object to the financial gain a private company would have if they compiled a data set that would only be possible to compile if you ran a government mandated app.

The share price of companies who get good quality data on the scale someone could acquire through the covid app would be very substantial

I have no wish to partake in swelling some pseudo scientific AI crap.

If companies want my data then pay for it?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 05, 2020 7:16 pm

No one is getting your data Mac. Have you not bothered to read up on how the app works? What sort of data on you are you concerned about them getting anyway? I'm not talking about "well you should have nothing to hide" just wondering what data you think they will be able to garner from the app.

If you aren't happy with your data being  bought up by private companies then relinquish your Facebook, Instagram,  Amazon, Twitter, YouTube, tesco club card, bus pass, passport, credit card, netflix, I player, ebay, phone apps, bank accounts, fitness trackers, smart devices, etc, because they are all collecting data on you and you have no idea to whom they are sharing it with or selling it to.

Even the owners of this website are probably doing some sort of data mining on you, it is free after all.

Last edited by super_realist on Tue May 05, 2020 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue May 05, 2020 7:33 pm

As others said not spending much at present .Thinking about investing in cars because when we get back demand may go up because folk will want secure safe transport and not want to share.Mad but worth a small punt.
House prices though probably go the other way for a couple of years.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 6:51 am

So Dr Ferguson was probably leaking to the guardian about Sage. This is a hatchet job on him, the Telegraph is very much the paper with links to the govt. Though he obviously shouldn't of been out shagging.

Or it could be the telegraph pushing its anti lock down agenda.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 06, 2020 7:56 am

Have you got any tinfoil left Beninho? I've heard some mad theories in my time, but that's a pearler.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 8:03 am

super_realist wrote:Have you got any tinfoil left Beninho? I've heard some mad theories in my time, but that's a pearler.

What bit?

That the telegraph isn't close to the government?
Or that they haven't been pushing an anti lock down agenda ?
Who do you think tipped them off on Ferguson?
I read that the incident happened on the 8th April, why report it now?

Do you think the media doesn't do thinks politically motivated?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 06, 2020 8:15 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:Have you got any tinfoil left Beninho? I've heard some mad theories in my time, but that's a pearler.

What bit?

That the telegraph isn't close to the government?
Or that they haven't been pushing an anti lock down agenda ?
Who do you think tipped them off on Ferguson?
I read that the incident happened on the 8th April, why report it now?

Do you think the media doesn't do thinks politically motivated?

"This is a hatchet job on him". That's nothing but your paranoid conjecture.

You don't know how or when they got hold of the information, do you not think they would have released it earlier if they had the information on or around April 8th? Media are desperate for stories. This would have been headline news, and there is no more currency in releasing it now rather than then, especially when you absolutely cannot risk another media outlet releasing the information before you do, so I simply don't buy that they've been sitting on this information waiting for an opportune time to release it, especially when it isn't connected to anything newsworthy and doesn't carry any more weight being released now rather than then.

Was it also The Telegraph who held back a story about the Scottish Chief Medical Officer who also broke her own lock down rules, or doesn't that fit in with your agenda?

Why does everything have to have an ulterior, cloak and dagger background to it?

Don't you think that every paper in the country is looking out for hypocrites in the public eye at this time?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 8:21 am

I don't think the telegraph would have run the story without the go ahead from the government, and also if it didn't suit them politically.

And while you are the king defender of the Tory party, what did you think of your mate Hancock telling Dr Allin Khan to watch her tone? Not a good look, and couldn't see anything wrong with her tone.

Though, I think that was a political play by Labour. The shadow government have not been on the attack during the crises but putting up a front line doctor working for the NHS was a move.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed May 06, 2020 8:25 am

beninho wrote:I don't think the telegraph would have run the story without the go ahead from the government, and also if it didn't suit them politically.

And while you are the king defender of the Tory party, what did you think of your mate Hancock telling Dr Allin Khan to watch her tone? Not a good look, and couldn't see anything wrong with her tone.

Though, I think that was a political play by Labour. The shadow government have not been on the attack during the crises but putting up a front line doctor working for the NHS was a move.

laughing

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 8:27 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:I don't think the telegraph would have run the story without the go ahead from the government, and also if it didn't suit them politically.

laughing

Here comes right wing defender number 2!

All hail king Boris.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed May 06, 2020 8:33 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

laughing

Here comes right wing defender number 2!

All hail king Boris.

laughing

You've lost the plot if you ever had it.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 8:39 am

Cone on then Mr Farage,

Do you think the telegraph run that story with getting the go ahead from the govt comms?

Do you think there was anything wrong with Dr Allin Khans tone?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed May 06, 2020 8:41 am

beninho wrote:Cone on then Mr Farage,

Do you think the telegraph run that story with getting the go ahead from the govt comms?

Ooh great insult calling me Mr Farage, bravo.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 8:41 am

I will also note, its reasonable to believe that the prof did wrong and also have questions about how the story is being portrayed. Seems to be as much an issue on his married lover as much as the break of lockdown.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 8:46 am

Soul Requiem wrote:

Ooh great insult calling me Mr Farage, bravo.

Not an insult at all, sorry if you thought that. I genuinely thought you would take it as a compliment.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 06, 2020 8:47 am

How does it suit the government to have one of the chief scientists in this whole lockdown scenario exposed as a hypocrite. It is embarrassing for the government to deal with.

I didn't see what Hancock said to that Dr, or what her tone was, but given that it's not being widely reported I would suggest it isn't a big deal.

If the government really wanted to make traction, they could easily be doing a job on another Khan, Sadiq Khan, who as someone who is responsible for TFL is doing an appalling job and it should probably be talked about a bit more.

Last edited by super_realist on Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 am

The government are not in a position to stop it. Ever heard of Press Freedom?
This story is in the public interest, just like the Scottish scientist that you ignored and couldn't blame the Telegraph for. I think you're mental to believe there is some sort of Press/Government collusion to keep this story under wraps and release it now.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 8:54 am

super_realist wrote:

Do you believe, honestly, that a paper with close links to the prime minister would run a story that would be negative on the government? And i have seen nothing that actually harms the government in the story or anything coming out if it. Apart from people saying similar to me. I have seen people having a go about the sea, while also supporting Boris. Which is weird.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 06, 2020 8:55 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Do you believe, honestly,  that a paper with close links to the prime minister would run a story that would be negative on the government? And i have seen nothing that actually harms the government in the story or anything coming out if it. Apart from people saying similar to me. I have seen people having a go about the sea, while also supporting Boris. Which is weird.

Having just looked at today's front pages, he's definitely punching above his weight there. Good effort.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 9:00 am

The guys having more sexy time during lockdown. The bstard.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed May 06, 2020 9:02 am

It's worth noting for the hindsight bunch how badly Neil Ferguson has forecast health crisis in the past and perhaps gives an indication why his opinion wasn't taken as gospel to start with. It appears this is the only time he's ever been vaguely right.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 06, 2020 9:03 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Do you believe, honestly,  that a paper with close links to the prime minister would run a story that would be negative on the government? And i have seen nothing that actually harms the government in the story or anything coming out if it. Apart from people saying similar to me. I have seen people having a go about the sea, while also supporting Boris. Which is weird.

It just has. It's embarrassing for the government to have someone it has been relying on for information to be caught out, just as it was embarrassing for the Scottish GOvernment to have one of their top people caught out in a similar fashion,  but the way you talk about it, it's as if it is some sort of East German Stasi honey trap sting.  You're paranoid.
Whoever is giving todays briefing today is going to have to answer questions about this, so without doubt it reflects badly on the government and their attempts to keep social distancing measures.

What has the sea got to do with this? Erm

Last edited by super_realist on Wed May 06, 2020 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 9:04 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

It just has. It's embarrassing for the government to have someone it has been relying on for information to be caught out, just as it was embarrassing for the Scottish GOvernment to have one of their top people caught out in a similar fashion,  but the way you talk about it, it's as if it is some sort of East German Stasi honey trap sting.  You're paranoid.

Sea was meant to be sex

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed May 06, 2020 9:05 am

Perhaps the Telegraph had to verify its facts? Give Ferguson a chance to respond to impending publication etc? This is the same sh!tty rag that suggested to UKG that building the Nightingales was both a waste of money and time, wasn't it?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 06, 2020 9:06 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Sea was meant to be sex

I don't think Boris has been breaking lockdown rules to go out shagging, but perhaps you could get the Guardian to reveal such a story.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 06, 2020 9:09 am

I mentioned it earlier, there seems to be a fascination with people more offended by the sex then by the lock down issues. These people though support Boris. Its a bit strange.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next