The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Roller_Coaster
Pal Joey
Davie
kwinigolfer
pedro
I'm never wrong
Be_the_ball
dynamark
JAS
westisbest
navyblueshorts
Soul Requiem
beninho
McLaren
super_realist
19 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Apr 2020 - 10:48

First topic message reminder :

Just wondering what ailment you have which does not have a proven cure from modern medicine but for which Chinese "medicine" does.
Mac is the secretive one, not me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:28

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:I didnt say your wife should, but plenty people in London could. As for working and travelling safely, isn't it pretty clear? Can you work (and get to work) and maintain a safe distance?
If yes you may work, if not, do not. I'm not sure why people find that so difficult to understand.

Because, you are just making it up? It is your interpretation of vague details. Its difficult to understand because its not true, and wasn't said. Look it up.

Are you genuinely not understanding this or are you deliberately playing dumb?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:30

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-lockdown-boris-johnson-speech-construction-manufacturing-work-return-a9507671.html%3famp

Just ignore the "actively encouraged" bit eh?

It's funny how people demand that the NHS, Emergency services, supermarket workers, delivery drivers, Amazon pickers go to work, but now that we are in a position where some restrictions can be lifted the metropolitan elite are losing their minds.

Look at part 6 of the issued guidance.

"All workers who cannot work from home should travel to work if their workplace is opn"

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:31

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:I didnt say your wife should, but plenty people in London could. As for working and travelling safely, isn't it pretty clear? Can you work (and get to work) and maintain a safe distance?
If yes you may work, if not, do not. I'm not sure why people find that so difficult to understand.

Because, you are just making it up? It is your interpretation of vague details. Its difficult to understand because its not true, and wasn't said. Look it up.

As I've just said, read part 6 of the guidance and tell me what you don't understand.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:31

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-lockdown-boris-johnson-speech-construction-manufacturing-work-return-a9507671.html%3famp

It's funny how people demand that the NHS, Emergency services, supermarket workers, delivery drivers, Amazon pickers go to work, but now that we are in a position where some restrictions can be lifted the metropolitan elite are losing their minds.

"All workers who cannot work from home should travel to work if their workplace is opn"

How many workplaces are open?
People have been doing this the whole time and you haven't complained at all. Why start now?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:33

super_realist wrote:Not at all. If I was one of the people who had to use public transport I wouldn't work, or more likely I would walk/cycle.

My point was that JAS raised an image as if all of a sudden the tube has become busy, as if it wasn't before, and this was because of the greed of billionaires, which is just retarded.

I don’t think I said all of a sudden, indeed I’ve frequently referred to the lockdown being rather wishy washy, especially in London, there were several videos posted from earlier in the lockdown from various tube station platforms illustrating how flimsy the London lockdown was. What could Khan do? He doesn’t run the country so he can’t advise people what to do. Yes he does control TFL so let’s look at his options 1. Do nothing (and get blamed by the likes of yourself for the terrible scenes) 2. Cancel the whole service, (lockdown is lockdown) and face the ire of real essential workers. 3. Maintain the service and try to police social distancing, lay on extra trains (although unlike Nightinggale hospitals you can’t just magic up that much extra rolling stock in a few weeks) and police the stations by performing checks on essential worker status? So come on then smartarse, what would you do in Khans shoes?

And outside ESSENTIAL workers, the employers of anyone else made to commute over the past few weeks can ONLY have been movitated by greed at the expense of public health.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:39

I didnt claim that Khan was in control of the country, but he halved the number of trains running.
Agree the whole situation is wishy washy though. Easy to point fingers and blame and very easy to use hindsight, which we are all doing.
If I was Kahn I would have run the services as normal, rather than shoehorn in people to fewer trains, wouldn't you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:42

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

How many workplaces are open?
People have been doing this the whole time and you haven't complained at all. Why start now?

Guidance issued today by the government. On top of Johnson actively encouraging people to get back to work.

Still unsure, where the government are saying you don't need to go, if you can only get in by public transport. Have you found that bit yet?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:46

I would expect people to consult with their employer wouldn't you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:51

Your changing your argument?

Speak to your employer and say what. Can I not work because I need to use the train?

Will people stay at home when the furlough drops to 60%? Why do you think they will drop the furlough limit?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:51

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

“Can you work (and get to work) and maintain a safe distance?
If yes you may work, if not, do not. I'm not sure why people find that so difficult to understand“

I think Like me Ben understands it perfectly well. Unfortunately that is neither here nor there
The real problem is that most of those pretty much hugging each other on crowded tube trains DO NOT get it. Or they do get it but are so desperate to keep their financial heads above water that they take the risk on a daily basis which is a shocking indictment of the lack of financial security in this country for a large proportion of people. Even worse is the indifference to the fact that that is even an issue by many others. That is bad enough but largely ignored in normal times. What this pandemic is doing though is shining a pretty bright light on economic inequality and societal division. Both sides can’t wait for it to be over but for very very different reasons.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:54

Economic inequality? Eh, that's always existed.
Another ridiculous claim that only the left care about wellbeing.

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:56; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:55

JAS wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

If yes you may work, if not, do not. I'm not sure why people find that so difficult to understand“

I think Like me Ben understands it perfectly well. Unfortunately that is neither here nor there
The real problem is that most of those pretty much hugging each other on crowded tube trains DO NOT get it. Or they do get it but are so desperate to keep their financial heads above water that they take the risk on a daily basis which is a shocking indictment of the lack of financial security in this country for a large proportion of people. Even worse is the indifference to the fact that that is even an issue by many others. That is bad enough but largely ignored in normal times. What this pandemic is doing though is shining a pretty bright light on economic inequality and societal division. Both sides can’t wait for it to be over but for very very different reasons.

laughing

Sorry but I can't take your posts seriously any more, they have gone beyond parody and to think you were actually posting quite sensibly to start with before you decided to try and gain political capital out of it all, shame.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 14:57

Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

laughing

Sorry but I can't take your posts seriously any more, they have gone beyond parody and to think you were actually posting quite sensibly to start with before you decided to try and gain political capital out of it all, shame.

Political capital, coming from the most blinkered right wing tory, that's saying something.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 15:34

Golf with 1 person from outside your family!

Food retailers and food markets, hardware stores, garden centres (from Wednesday 13 May) and certain other retailers can remain open. Other businesses can remain open and their employees can travel to work, where they cannot work from home. From Wednesday 13 May, the government will also allow outdoor sports facilities – such as tennis and basketball courts, golf courses and bowling greens – to open, but you should only use these alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.

Good old Boris, what a guy!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 15:40

No one ever said it would be anything but a gradual release. Not sure why there is a problem.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 11 May 2020 - 15:43

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

laughing

Political capital, coming from the most blinkered right wing tory, that's saying something.

Think that’s what we call beyond irony Ben :-p

Soul....you’re welcome ;-)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 15:48

Anyway, I'm trying to work out when I can play golf, considering the wife has barely left the house since March. Its a delicate one to balance, especially as I'm out every other week at work anyway.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 May 2020 - 15:50

RSoul,
What are you actually for?
Your posts are so relentlessly negative; no doubt you have some positive views, just a shame you never express them.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 11 May 2020 - 15:56

super_realist wrote:I would expect people to consult with their employer wouldn't you?

Well yes and a good employer would say,
“yes ok come back if you can, we have reviewed our workplace and are Covid compliant. But hey, if your only option is to sit like a sardine on a half hour commute just hold off for now, or can we look at staggering your shift?”

Meanwhile a Poopie employer would say. “ Get your arse in here, no excuses, no sob stories about dangerous commutes and if you’re not in by 9.00 you’ll be sacked, there’s plenty to take your place”.

Anyone who thinks that latter day Dickensians (like the 2nd example above) don’t exist  and haven’t contributed massively to this outbreak in the big urban areas are the naive ones here.

Last edited by JAS on Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:01; edited 1 time in total

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 11 May 2020 - 15:57

Ben

Do joint exercise with your wife. She walks and you play golf.

The new guidelines would seem to allow that.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 15:59

McLaren wrote:Ben

I feel nothing but pity to those spouses dragged out onto the golf course by their golfing partners. I've never seen any of them ever look happy to be there. Golf, like most sports is incredibly boring to watch someone else do.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:00

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:I would expect people to consult with their employer wouldn't you?

Well yes and a good employer would say, “
yes ok come back if you can we have reviewed our workplace and are Covid compliant. But hey, if your only option is to sit like a sardine on a half hour commute just hold off for now, or can we look at staggering your shift?”

Meanwhile a Poopie employer would say. “ Get your arse in here, no excuses, no sob stories about dangerous commutes and if you’re not in by 9.00 you’ll be sacked, there’s plenty to take your place.

Anyone who thinks that latter day Dickensians (like the 2nd example above) don’t exist  and haven’t continued massively to this outbreak in the big urban areas are the naive ones here.
Please refer to the most recent clarification

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:01

I wouldn't normally recommend it but with limited options of things to do out of the house this might be an OK compromise.

I can imagine most couples activities irk you super?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:03

McLaren wrote:I wouldn't normally recommend it but with limited options of things to do out of the house this might be an OK compromise.

I can imagine most couples activities irk you super?

It's a bit like a golfer being taken out on a shopping trip by their wife. Just a horrible prospect.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:07

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

Well yes and a good employer would say, “
yes ok come back if you can we have reviewed our workplace and are Covid compliant. But hey, if your only option is to sit like a sardine on a half hour commute just hold off for now, or can we look at staggering your shift?”

Meanwhile a Poopie employer would say. “ Get your arse in here, no excuses, no sob stories about dangerous commutes and if you’re not in by 9.00 you’ll be sacked, there’s plenty to take your place.

Anyone who thinks that latter day Dickensians (like the 2nd example above) don’t exist  and haven’t continued massively to this outbreak in the big urban areas are the naive ones here.
Please refer to the most recent clarification

There isn’t one...or do you mean the one about economic inequality having always existed (as if that some how makes it ok). I presume you want to apply the same logic here as in...bad employers have always existed (again...as if that makes them ok)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:08

Johnson just stood up in Parliament in the last 15 minutes.

On inequality, its always existed, as demonstrated by your Dickensian reference. I didn't say it was OK, but it's part of living in a mixed economy and not communism.

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:12; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:12

beninho wrote: From Wednesday 13 May, the government will also allow outdoor sports facilities – such as tennis and basketball courts, golf courses and bowling greens – to open, but you should only use these alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.

Where did you read that about bowling greens? Since I gave up golf I joined a bowling club but no signs of any communication from them so far.

The problem with bowling clubs is the general demographics of the membership - very old and so very much more at risk

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:17

super_realist wrote:

I feel nothing but pity to those spouses dragged out onto the golf course by their golfing partners. I've never seen any of them ever look happy to be there. Golf, like most sports is incredibly boring to watch someone else do.

Does any spouse ever do that against their will? I’d suggest a relationship has serious issues if a partner is “forced” to do something like that against their will. My partner ain’t a golfer but she has came round a few courses with me. She does like a good walk in nice surroundings so if she’s got nowt else on (usually on holiday), she has been known to tag along.
My late Mrs used to come round quite a bit on holiday rounds, she never played either but was actually quite into watching it. To be fair she was actually really good (better than me) at reading greens, to the point where she would get quite uppity if I didn’t take her advice and missed.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:43

Not sure if I can trust the kids on their own

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 16:44

Davie wrote:
beninho wrote: From Wednesday 13 May, the government will also allow outdoor sports facilities – such as tennis and basketball courts, golf courses and bowling greens – to open, but you should only use these alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.

Where did you read that about bowling greens? Since I gave up golf I joined a bowling club but no signs of any communication from them so far.

The problem with bowling clubs is the general demographics of the membership - very old and so very much more at risk

This was cut from the guidelines issued today.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 18:57

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/11/healthcare-firm-advised-by-owen-paterson-won-133m-coronavirus-testing-contract-unopposed

Anyone think this doesn't look a little bit dodgy?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:06

What about the other pharma companies with Tories on the board that didn't get it?
Move on man, you'll end up like Diggers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:17

You don't read that article and think, looks a bit dodgy. It may not be, but it does look it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:22

I've got a tin foil hat for sale if you want it Ben?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:33

Soul Requiem wrote:I've got a tin foil hat for sale if you want it Ben?

You, think that looks good? Along with the recent appointment of an mps wife to a senior new position. All looks just rosey? Remember I'm only saying about how it looks.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:37

Anyone explain the back to work policies.

It started with Monday from Boris, then become Wednesday from Raab, I gather its now about enquiring about going back to work

I'm so glad sr2 knew exactly what was going on.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:47

beninho wrote:You don't read that article and think, looks a bit dodgy.  It may not be, but it does look it.

Virtually every large company in Britain will have some person on the board with political persuasions and political influence.
You act as all this stuff is new and that you are just becoming aware of it and that only one party is ever guilty of it.
We know Mac has just hatched out of an egg, but I thought you were a bit more savvy, less naive and idealistic than him.
Nepotism is everywhere as we discussed last week, you've probably been a recipient of it in your life.

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:48; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:48

Whack a mole

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:54

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:You don't read that article and think, looks a bit dodgy.  It may not be, but it does look it.

Virtually every large company in Britain will have some person on the board with political persuasions and political influence.
You act as all this stuff is new and that you are just becoming aware of it and that only one party is ever guilty of it.
We know Mac has just hatched out of an egg, but I thought you were a bit more savvy, less naive and idealistic than him.
Nepotism is everywhere as we discussed last week, you've probably been a recipient of it in your life.

So, you clarify, you don't think this looks dodgy in anyway?

You say other parties, but I'm not sure when the last time it was reported that another party gave a big contract to a company with links to the government and health minister under fast track rules due to a pandemic. I'm sure you can confirm this though, as its so rife.

You act like this is all good. Its not normal and its not good. Its using the current pandemic to feather the nest if tory mps and friends.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 11 May 2020 - 19:56

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

You say other parties, but I'm not sure when the last time it was reported that another party gave a big contract to a company with links to the government and health minister under fast track rules due to a pandemic. I'm sure you can confirm this though, as its so rife.

You act like this is all good. Its not normal and its not good. Its using the current pandemic to feather the nest if tory mps and friends.

It's perfectly normal considering the circumstances.

On one hand you bemoan delays and then on the other bemoan that their were no delays in decision making, make your mind up.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:08

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I have no opinions if it is dodgy or not. I don't look into any of the contracts of what may or may not be supplied to the government do you?
Do you care who is on the board of the companies that supply macadam, wire, kerbstone, steel, vehicles, construction etc for all government projects?

Last edited by super_realist on Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:12; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:09

From the BBC website, they mention Llanmynech Golf Club. 3 of its holes are in England, the rest are in Wales. The club is waiting on a decision from on high.....

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:14

I'm never wrong wrote:From the BBC website, they mention Llanmynech Golf Club. 3 of its holes are in England, the rest are in Wales. The club is waiting on a decision from on high.....

Isn't that the club that Ian Woosnam played as a child?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:17

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I have no opinions if it is dodgy or not. I don't look into any of the contracts of what may or may not be supplied to the government do you?
Do you care who is on the board of the companies that supply macadam, wire, kerbstone, steel, vehicles, construction etc for all government projects?

Were they done under the same rules? And without any formal tender? I honestly don't know.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:24

Who knows, and who cares? There's plenty Labour peers on boards of companies that are headquartered offshore for the purpose of tax avoidance, but we don't care about them, so why do you care about this?
If you look into every company in the world you'll probably find something you don't like, especially if like you who go looking for offence.
You shouldn't worry so much about this stuff, otherwise you'd end up having to live in a cave because you'll find something you dislike about virtually everything.

Do you know how long a tender process takes? Can you really see the public standing for the tender process to be undertaken whilst equipment  supply is put on hold until a tender is picked?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:36

He's not on the board, you keep saying that. He's a paid consultant, 100k per year.

You find me things, and ill tell you if I think it looks bad. I'll stick with my view on this, that it looks bad for the government, on top of the other appointment.

I tell you what though both sr1 and sr2 are needed at the presser, you have a better idea of what is going on then waffley Boris and the boys.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:37

Still unable to understand simple instructions I see Ben, there will come a point when you realise that you are indeed the problem.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 11 May 2020 - 20:54

Soul Requiem wrote:Still unable to understand simple instructions I see Ben, there will come a point when you realise that you are indeed the problem.

What does that mean? The problem to what?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Tue 12 May 2020 - 6:13

kwinigolfer wrote:
I'm never wrong wrote:From the BBC website, they mention Llanmynech Golf Club. 3 of its holes are in England, the rest are in Wales. The club is waiting on a decision from on high.....

Isn't that the club that Ian Woosnam played as a child?
Yes Kwini. and where the good players went to play golf when I was living in Shrewsbury.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 12 May 2020 - 6:30

beninho wrote:He's not on the board, you keep saying that. He's a paid consultant, 100k per year.

You find me things, and ill tell you if I think it looks bad. I'll stick with my view on this, that it looks bad for the government, on top of the other appointment.  

I tell you what though both sr1 and sr2 are needed at the presser, you have a better idea of what is going on then waffley Boris and the boys.
In that case you'll find even more companies with paid consultants with political histories.
Why are you so bothered? You can find such people "consulting" for virtually every large company, yet you don't bat an eyelid.
All of a sudden you're outraged because the Daily Owen Jones finds an example of nepotism and you lose your head. Well guess what, it's endemic in business with consultants from all parties.
Would you prefer that the procurements of tests waited until a full tender process was undertaken?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next