The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
I'm never wrong
lostinwales
pedro
Galted
Duty281
JAS
Pal Joey
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
ralphjohn69
westisbest
McLaren
incontinentia
Soul Requiem
JuliusHMarx
dynamark
beninho
super_realist
22 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:42 am

First topic message reminder :

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:Will Alec Baldwin go to jail for the manslaughter of that lady on the filmset under American law or is it considered an industrial accident?
Doesnt seem like he's in trouble just yet. How do you kill someone with a prop gun that fires blanks?

Edit: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/prop-gun-using-blanks-still-052227936.html

"As for the question of criminal responsibility, that’s for law enforcement to investigate. But it must be noted that in the vast majority of cases, the person who pulled the trigger wasn’t remotely at fault. They were handed a prop and assured it would function normally — and it didn’t."

Guns dont kill people, rappers do.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:33 pm

While back in the real world, the only people who care are left leaning.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:34 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:While back in the real world, the only people who care are left leaning.

Shoukd only left leaning people be concerned about corruption?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:35 pm

beninho wrote:Motion passes 248 - 221, and with it goes the suspension for Patterson. Aswell as any investigations into some of those who voted to stop it.   All for a nicely run process presuded over by the Tory Party. Its all pretty shameful.

The decision is simply paused for review.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:39 pm

BBC right sorry no

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:40 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Motion passes 248 - 221, and with it goes the suspension for Patterson. Aswell as any investigations into some of those who voted to stop it.   All for a nicely run process presuded over by the Tory Party. Its all pretty shameful.

Do you want to bet on whether he will be punished by the new group if sitting tories looking after themselves? I'm happy to take tge bet, on will he get a more lenient punishment?

Maybe, it's just me,  who doesn't like a group of people not liking the process because it impacts a colleague, so deciding to change that process. Including people under investigation or found guilty previously.

Last edited by beninho on Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:40 pm

beninho wrote:I do laugh at tge idiots who moan about tweets by people employed by the bbc. Gary Lineker and any of them shoukd be able to say what they want on social media, within reason obvs, and the bbc shoukd tell anyone who complains to sod off.

But, its funny that it was the former tory politician who had the issues with people expressing personal views on twitter, which is absolutely pathetic.  But, the tory director complaining about keftvwing bias tells you it's just another way of political point scoring.

What are you on about? Whenever someone not of the left tweets something the left dont like they're immediately labelled a racist, a bigot and they demand you're sacked. Yet if someone on the left tweets something "it's just banter"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:41 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Do you want to bet on whether he will be punished by the new group if sitting tories looking after themselves?

Maybe, it's just me,  who doesn't like a group of people not liking the process because it impacts a colleague, so deciding to change that process. Including people under investigation or found guilty previously.

The new group/committee will be cross-party like all committees (unless non-Tories choose to boycott, which is up to them).

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:41 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I do laugh at tge idiots who moan about tweets by people employed by the bbc. Gary Lineker and any of them shoukd be able to say what they want on social media, within reason obvs, and the bbc shoukd tell anyone who complains to sod off.

But, its funny that it was the former tory politician who had the issues with people expressing personal views on twitter, which is absolutely pathetic.  But, the tory director complaining about keftvwing bias tells you it's just another way of political point scoring.

What are you on about? Whenever  someone not of the left tweets something the left dont like they're immediately labelled a racist, a bigot and they demand you're sacked. Yet if someone on the left tweets something "it's just banter"

No idea what you are on about.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:42 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Do you want to bet on whether he will be punished by the new group if sitting tories looking after themselves?  I'm happy to take tge bet, on will he get a more lenient punishment?

I'm willing to bet neither of us knows the intricacy here. I dont know whether there is justification for it to be paused or not and nor do you.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:42 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

What are you on about? Whenever  someone not of the left tweets something the left dont like they're immediately labelled a racist, a bigot and they demand you're sacked. Yet if someone on the left tweets something "it's just banter"

Of course you don't

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:44 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Do you want to bet on whether he will be punished by the new group if sitting tories looking after themselves?  I'm happy to take tge bet, on will he get a more lenient punishment?

I'm willing to bet neither of us knows the intricacy here. I dont know whether there is justification for it to be paused or not and nor do you.

So, do you want to take the bet, he gets a more lenient punishment?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:45 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:While back in the real world, the only people who care are left leaning.

You'll have to explain to me why as a Tory voter i'd care?

Is this going to somehow affect my bank balance?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:45 pm

Duty281 wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Do you want to bet on whether he will be punished by the new group if sitting tories looking after themselves?

The new group/committee will be cross-party like all committees (unless non-Tories choose to boycott, which is up to them).

With a majority tory set up and a tory lead? Again, happy to take tge bet on whether he gets a lesser punishment.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:46 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

A 30 day suspension is hardly a big deal

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:47 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Of course you don't

Can you give me something to explain what you are on about?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:48 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Do you want to take the bet or not?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:49 pm

beninho wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

With a majority tory set up and a tory lead? Again, happy to take tge bet on whether he gets a lesser punishment.

Lesser than 30 days suspension? It was hardly the most brutal of punishments.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:49 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Of course you don't

Can you give me something to explain what you are on about?

Im talking about the left taking offence at everything but when they do it, its just a laugh.

For example when Miriam Margoyle said she wanted Boris to die from Covid, or when Jo Brand said she'd like to lob acid in Farages face.
Imagine someone said that about David Lammy or Dawn Butler. The left would be frothing.

Last edited by super_realist on Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:52 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

If you admit to not caring about corruption in politics, that's fine.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:53 pm

I can't say it's something I'm going to have a hissy fit about.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:55 pm

Duty281 wrote:
beninho wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

It was enough for the Conservative party to change the procedures though, I think 30 days can also trigger a recall vote and potential by election. Obviously the party thought it was to much. Would you expect he gets the same punishment?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 4:55 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

If the penalty for "corruption" was a mere 30 days, then the charge cant have been serious in the first place, certainly not worthy of the level of "disgusted of Turnbridge Wells" you're feigning.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:01 pm

beninho wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
beninho wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

It was enough for the Conservative party to change the procedures though, I think 30 days can also trigger a recall vote and potential  by election. Obviously the party thought it was to much.  Would you expect he gets the same punishment?

A by-election would be an irrelevance because his constituency is in Shropshire, the type of place that is always Tory (even in 1997), so a by-election would be of no concern as he would be voted back in. I have no idea whether he'll get the same punishment or not because I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the case.

Last edited by Duty281 on Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:01 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

Might be a different story if the polls took a 20% swing on the basis of “one rule for them another one for us” but given where they currently are after all that’s happened I doubt the polls will even show a flicker of a difference. So Souls pretty much on the pulse of public feeling on the matter, yeah it’s not right but nobody gives a Poopie.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:02 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:

If the penalty for "corruption" was a mere 30 days, then the charge cant have been serious in the first place, certainly not worthy of the level of "disgusted of Turnbridge Wells" you're feigning.

But, it was enough for the government to vote through changes to stop it happening, it was enough to trigger a recall vote and by election. Do you expect it to be reduced ?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:04 pm

JAS wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

Might be a different story if the polls took a 20% swing on the basis of “one rule for them another one for us” but given where they currently are after all that’s happened I doubt the polls will even show a flicker of a difference. So Souls pretty much on the pulse of public feeling on the matter, yeah it’s not right but nobody gives a Poopie.

Off course people don't care. If people did care, they wouldn't have put this through today. But just because people don't care, doesn't mean that you shouldn't care.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:31 pm

Don’t get me wrong I detest the “One rule for them another rule for us” and how the elites twist things in their favour simply because they can but getting over angry at stuff you can’t control serves no purpose.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:40 pm

Oh, I'm not angry. In reality it impacts me very little. It's shoddy as anything though. But, I'll shrug my shoulders and say it is what it is. Soon, I'll get the kids, then make me dinner, and tomorrow I may find sonething else to keep me occupied in between work.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:52 pm

On the subject of how historically the elites have taken the piss. I was up in Nottingham last week. Apart from playing Hollinwell which was fabulous by the way I also visited the Museum of Justice in the city centre. Got to say it’s an interesting day out if your interested in the history of crime & punishment. Anyway as well as all the artefacts and displays they also do several re-enactments of 19th century courtroom proceedings each day where they do audience participation. As luck would have it I was picked to be a defendant. Basically I was in the dock on a charge of inciting a riot (it followed protests about working people not having the vote) so as you might imagine I had no issues immersing myself in the character!!
They were trying to illustrate how biased against defendants proceedings were in those days, the judge was against me the prosecution was against me and leading the jury and witnesses, there were only witnesses for the prosecution I had to defend myself. Obviously I pled not guilty, never got to say much else until the judge asked me for any final words at which point I ripped into the whole process saying that in the decades to come history will prove us right to fight for the vote and in the centuries that will follow people will look back and ask why working people tolerated these injustices perpetrated by privileged elites for so long. The jury found me not guilty.

JAS

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 5:58 pm

Unusual for a Rangers fan to be not guilty Jas

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 03 Nov 2021, 6:13 pm

super_realist wrote:Unusual for a Rangers fan to be not guilty Jas

The drama was set in the 1830s so we’ll before 1872.

On Hollinwell Super, as a Heathland fan you should put it up near the top of your bucket list. Superb layout and good stiff test.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 6:17 pm

JAS wrote:

On Hollinwell Super, as a Heathland fan you should put it up near the top of your bucket list. Superb layout and good stiff test.

A wee bit after 1690 though.
Not heard of that course Jas, will give it a beau peep. Old friend of mine lives in Nottingham so might get a game.

Edit. Looks fantastic amd I see they have Open Qualifying too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 03 Nov 2021, 8:09 pm

Super you need to go to Notts golf club also Coxmoor just across the road another very good one,My favourite course off all time.Was home of learned clergy back in the day accessed by train; Holy well on about 7th ? Take in the history

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 8:33 pm

That heathland type of course is my favourite

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 03 Nov 2021, 8:44 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:

A wee bit after 1690 though.
Not heard of that course Jas, will give it a beau peep. Old friend of mine lives in Nottingham so might get a game.

Edit. Looks fantastic amd I see they have Open Qualifying too.

What’s 1690 got to do with football?? I know I know, knuckle dragging element of Rangers support have some strange fetish about it. I enjoy sending them into a tailspin by asking them if they realise that quite a few Protestants fought on James side and vice versa with Catholics on Williams side…they don’t like it :-p
I don’t know whether to find it irritating or amusing that some were almost getting a semi at the fact that Rangers went 1-6 up in the 90th minute last weekend. Just weird what amuses some people.

Love that scene in Trainspotting 2 when they run through the cloakroom at an Orange club and nick loads of bank and credit cards then go to a cash machine and try 1690 as the PIN number on each and withdraw a fortune.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 03 Nov 2021, 8:48 pm

Its the best scene in that largely poor film.
The gangster that made them run naked through Edinburgh was the guy who got shot dead a few streets away from me.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 03 Nov 2021, 9:27 pm

Indeed, going back to Hollinwell, I see Dyna also concurs. It’s defo a must do if you like heathland, quite a bit of elevation change especially on the back 9. Lovely old traditional clubhouse and very welcoming to visitors. Last but not least significantly cheaper than it’s Surrey/Berkshire brethren.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Nov 2021, 12:00 am

JAS wrote:On the subject of how historically the elites have taken the piss. I was up in Nottingham last week. Apart from playing Hollinwell which was fabulous by the way I also visited the Museum of Justice in the city centre. Got to say it’s an interesting day out  if your interested in the history of crime & punishment. Anyway as well as all the artefacts and displays they also do several re-enactments of 19th century courtroom proceedings each day where they do audience participation. As luck would have it I was picked to be a defendant. Basically I was in the dock on a charge of inciting a riot (it followed protests about working people not having the vote) so as you might imagine I had no issues immersing myself in the character!!
They were trying to illustrate how biased against defendants proceedings were in those days, the judge was against me the prosecution was against me and leading the jury and witnesses, there were only witnesses for the prosecution I had to defend myself. Obviously I pled not guilty, never got to say much else until the judge asked me for any final words at which point I ripped into the whole process saying that in the decades to come history will prove us right to fight for the vote and in the centuries that will follow people will look back and ask why working people tolerated these injustices perpetrated by privileged elites for so long. The jury found me not guilty.

What a great day out, JAS. Excellent argument.
I'm very impressed that you not only represented yourself at such short notice but you won the case with both future foresight and sensible logic.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

JAS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 04 Nov 2021, 10:41 am

What's todays pet peeve Ben?

Claudia Webbe up in front of the beak for sentencing today, surely you agree she should be suspended from Parliament and expelled from Labour ?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 04 Nov 2021, 11:12 am

super_realist wrote:What's todays pet peeve Ben?

Claudia Webbe up in front of the beak for sentencing today, surely you agree she should be suspended from Parliament and expelled from Labour ?

Anyone convicted of anything should be turfed out of any party and face the maximum penalty available.

Interesting it seems that tge government are already trying to back track on yesterday's Ness, maybe it did hit more then they thought it would.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 04 Nov 2021, 11:12 am

But generally as of so far today, nothings really bothered me much.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 04 Nov 2021, 11:15 am

I agree that Paterson should have been suspended, probably even kicked out of the party but I think the underlying issue is how awful Parliament is at dealing with this sort of thing.
The crap that has been done by MP's like Dawn Butler, Claudia Webbe, Keith Vaz, Owen Paterson etc doesnt get the treatment and punishment it deserves

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 04 Nov 2021, 11:21 am

So my reading is, they tagged on an amendment to pause his suspension pending a new process, to be chaied by a Tory, with a tory majority. Now they have decided to not go ahead with a new process, but as the details were tagged on about his suspension, they will need to do a vote on whether he shoukd be suspended. Its pretty farcical.

I've just read about Rob Roberts, another who shouldn't get any whip restored.

Problem with so many is that to get soneone deselected it needs a percentage of the constituents to vote, and generally, they aren't bothered.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 04 Nov 2021, 11:35 am

No wonder we hate politicians so much.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 04 Nov 2021, 11:54 am

And didn't someone lose her job for abstaining on the vote yesterday. I really hate the idea of forcing mps into voting for something.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 04 Nov 2021, 11:57 am

Well, they probably lose the whip, but the party can't actually stop them being an MP otherwise Webbe and Corbyn wouldnt be MP's

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 04 Nov 2021, 12:02 pm

https://twitter.com/AJRichardsonMP/status/1456223903949393927?t=AhtDYJ1-vjOy1gyK4Po85Q&s=19

She got her job back.

It's minister type jobs they lose.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 04 Nov 2021, 12:34 pm

Mac is quiet. Must be at COP26 with the rest of the hypocrites

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 04 Nov 2021, 1:23 pm

Super

This political back and forth just doesn't do it for me. Would rather chat about what is going on with pro golf at the moment.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 04 Nov 2021, 1:28 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

This political back and forth just doesn't do it for me. Would rather chat about what is going on with pro golf at the moment.

I nearly got run over by a COP26 motorcade the other day. They were infesting Edinburgh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next