The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brits against each other!

5 posters

Go down

The Brits against each other! Empty The Brits against each other!

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 13 Jun 2011, 9:42 pm

there's a few 50/50 crackers over the summer between british fighters, it got me thinking, these fights could happen, and if so who would win them?

Amir Khan vs Kell Brook
if Amir moves upto 147 which he will surely do soon, this could be huge, Brook looks special at times, and he could pose more than a few problems for Khan
Will it Happen?: It may happen if Brook wins a world title
Prediction: Brook wins by stoppage imo, his movement, unorthodox style causes huge trouble for Khan, and has soon as 'Special K' lands on the tash, i can't help but feel Khan would be on the floor, and stay hit.

Darren Barker vs Matthew Macklin
if Barker gets the Chavez fight and wins, and Macklin can unwrest the WBA title from Felix Sturm in Germany this month, this fight looks huge on paper, however both are big asks, first of all Top Rank pitting Chavez with a good young fighter, and 2nd Macklin producing the best display of his life to win the WBA title.
Will it Happen? either way it could, it would stil be big even if Macklin loses to Sturm
Prediction: Barker outboxes Macklin to a points win.

Carl Frampton vs Jason Booth
this fight is sure to happen shortly, McGuigan feels Frampton's ready for a title shot, which the British title is held by Jason Booth, who has just lost to Martinez in Spain, could be a quality boxing match this one.
Will it Happen?: you would think so with McGuigan's comments recently after Frampton's win last week
Prediction: Frampton wins a close points nod, after being given a tough boxing match by the veteran

Nathan Cleverly vs Tony Bellew
this fight would sell box office wise tomorrow imo, both clashed at the press conference on the 'This is it' 21st May show, and Bellew is unbeaten with the Commonwealth title fight coming up against McKenzie, if expected he wins that, this fight could well happen.
Will it Happen? almost certainly in the near future
Prediction: Bellew can box himself, but Cleverly relishes a brawl, which he will get and has the much better whiskers, and gets the Liverpudlian out of there within 6 rounds.

Derek Chisora vs David Price
this fight will happen definitely in 2011 you would think if Chisora sees off Tyson Fury in July, both were top amateurs, Price the better, but in the pros its Chisora who has netted 2 titles, the British & Commonwealth, Price stopped Tom Dallas in a British title eliminator on saturday, and is now in line for a title shot.
Will it Happen? If Chisora gets past Fury, yes.
Prediction: Chisora uses his better speed, and underrated power to score a late stoppage, i think as soon as anyone who can dig just a tad catches Price, it's curtains.

Views?
Any other all brit fights?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

The Brits against each other! Empty Re: The Brits against each other!

Post by AdZacO Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

Don't think Brook would upset Khan. I mean it is a possibility with his power, but would be outside chance. Hasn't fought any one of distinction, with his best win being Jennings, who isnt of the same quality as Khans best wins. So hard to justify, but maybe after a fre good wins, after stepping up in class.

Frampton didnt look so good in his last fight, and if he performs like that he loses. But has more talent than the experienced Booth.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

You might as well include fights that are happening,

Mcdonnell vs Hall should be a very good fight and will prove who is #1 in britain. Mcdonnell UD imo.

There is a great domestic clash in Mitchell-Murray. Should be a quality fight and will answer plenty of questions. Mitchell UD.

I think that Brook can beat khan, but untill he steps up a few levels he will be outworked by khan and may freeze when it's going his own way.

I would like to see a fight between Gavin and Place as they are both great prospects and have bright futures at LWW

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 11:31 pm

I'll leave out the future scenarios you've listed as they're simply too hard to predict, and base my answers on what would happen if they met in the ring right now.

Again, stressing that if we take the here and now, I think Khan outpoints Brook. I rate Brook highly but there's still a lot of uncertainty about how he'll handle the top, top operators as 147 lb. Say what you like about Khan, but he's becoming a very, very tough man to beat, particularly now that he's shown that his chin, while nowhere near granite, isn't made of the brittle glass we once thought it was. I don't think Brook has the genuine power to force Khan back and I think Khan adopts his usual jab and move, in and out routine to win by something in the region of 116-112.

Barker would be far too good for Macklin, in my opinion. I'm not all that sold on Macklin and I don't think that Sturm is going to need the ol' dodgy German scoring to help him out when they fight. Barker too fast and clever, wins it well on points.

Pains me to say it as a Nottingham fella, but I'm not sure that Booth has much left in the tank and I think that a fight with Frampton would lead to him getting outworked and beaten decisively on points down the stretch, maybe even getting stopped late on. I think Frampton can go places, mind you, so no shame there.

Think Cleverly stops Bellew anywhere after the mid rounds, but it would be a good scrap while it lasted. I'd fully expect Cleverly to take less liberties than he did last time out (mindful of Bellew's punch) and ultimately I can see Bellew going hell for leather for six rounds, not landing that killer blow, tiring after that point and getting taken out as Cleverly exposes those holes in his defence.

Price against Chisora would be a great fight and a very tough one to call. A few months back I'd have said Chisora, no problem. But all of a sudden out of nowhere, Price has blown his previous standards out the water. It's a pick 'em but right now I think Price takes Chisora out in the late stages, happy to let Chisora do his usual charge forward in to his jab for the first half of the fight and softening him up. Price seems to have improved his defence, Chisora hardly knows the meaning of the word, and I think he'd expand so much energy early on he'd be ripe for the picking by round eight or nine.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue 14 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

Just on a note with the Carl Frampton v Jason Booth match up, Is Scott Quigg not already lined up to fight Booth for the British Title, nearly certain I read this, if so lines up brilliant another scrap between 2 up and coming prospects in Quigg and Frampton (if Quigg gets past Booth as I suspect he would)

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:02 pm

As mentioned by the Sky team this weekend, I think sparring in the Hayemaker camp has done wonders for Price. Just a pity they couldn't find room for him on their roster. Still, I think Maloney will be pleased with his progress. Maybe he can call in a few favours and get the big lad overseas and maybe Frank can dig out that Union Jack suit again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down