The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Mick(TEFC)
MR. scotland27
geoff998rugby
RuggerRadge2611
perthshirepuma
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
nottins
Cari
PenfroPete
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
greybeard
mickyt
Mickado
Adam D
red_stag
robbo277
WillyGilly
Dave.
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Gibson
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
MBTGOG
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Standulstermen
Notch
Cymroglan
36 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by robbo277 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:12 pm

Given a chance I reckon he'll be decent at Chelsea. It's just getting that first bit though.

We have loads of seagulls down here (our football team is even known as the Seagulls). One of them took the sandwich out my brother's hand (he was over 20 as well, so it's not like this seagull was attacking a little kid!)

Had a really weird dream last night. Ended with me getting in a fight at my friend's dad's party, someone ripping my shirt and Martin Corry offering me his spare shirt. Weird...

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 15 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by rodders Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:19 pm

robbo277 wrote:Had a really weird dream last night. Ended with me getting in a fight at my friend's dad's party, someone ripping my shirt and Martin Corry offering me his spare shirt. Weird...

Sounds like an ad for Hollan & barratt.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:22 pm

ha is it really? my friends gone to Glasto this year but I wouldn't describe her as the out-doorsy type! Wonder how she's coping with the conditions.... Very Happy

Penfro - will have to have a nose at that when I get home, tis blocked at work.

I quite like Villas-Boas, what's hes achieved is incredible for his age. Plus he's quite easy on the eye.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

I can't like Chelsea. But good luck to him.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

I'm with you on that about Chelsea, Lucky. Have never liked them, and I honestly couldn't really tell you why!

Looks like no proper lunch break for me today. My manager is still in a meeting, I've managed to escape for 5 mins to get some food but am still covering the phones. Not happy but at least if I build up enough flexi I should be able to have an extra day off Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:26 pm

I don't like them either.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:30 pm

One of the Williams brothers is being beaten by Date-Krum the 40 year old, 4-1 in the first set
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

ah Hughie man that's harsh! I do believe you are referring to Venus Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:32 pm

Why would you give your daughter a name that rhymes with Pork sword... Doh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:33 pm

Wouldn't go as far as saying he is legend stag. He won in a league that isn't exactly of high quality throughout. it's a great achievement but he isn't at that level yet.

he managed the Brittish Virgin Islands at the age of 21. madness. I agree he is a talent though and a big change in culture for Chelsea to not go for the proven wise and older managers.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Aye dreamer Venus, he has legs like tree trunks and is wearing that stupid romper suit from the other day, makes him look like a tranny.

5-2 now date-krum on serve
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

mickyt wrote:Wouldn't go as far as saying he is legend stag. He won in a league that isn't exactly of high quality throughout. it's a great achievement but he isn't at that level yet.

he managed the Brittish Virgin Islands at the age of 21. madness. I agree he is a talent though and a big change in culture for Chelsea to not go for the proven wise and older managers.

I think he's the business. He was never a soccer player. Just based on his knowledge he's won a UEFA Cup, a Portuguese league with losing a single game and domestic cups and has coached previous at Chelsea & Inter Milan. And he has been the manager of an international soccer team. All at the age of 33.

Thats outstanding. And I mean legend in the loose Irish way we throw it about. I don't literally mean a Legend of the Game.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:40 pm

Hughie, just.... 🤦

Good for Date-Krum though, can't beleive she's still competing at such a high level and she's 40! that's so rare in tennis.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:41 pm

ah well if you mean it loosely that's fine.

I agree totally that the mould has been broken with regards the flow of how a person becomes a manager. it's very refreshing to be honest and isn't out of line with say a normal business where you can push your way to the top by mid 30's
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:42 pm

And I mean legend in the loose Irish way we throw it about. I don't literally mean a Legend of the Game.

Like the way Munster fans say it about the bull?
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

hughie1986 wrote:And I mean legend in the loose Irish way we throw it about. I don't literally mean a Legend of the Game.

Like the way Munster fans say it about the bull?

Exactly like that Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

Wow if you get to see it make sure to watch this game at 5-3, what a game
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:49 pm

red_stag wrote:
mickyt wrote:Wouldn't go as far as saying he is legend stag. He won in a league that isn't exactly of high quality throughout. it's a great achievement but he isn't at that level yet.

I think he's the business. He was never a soccer player. Just based on his knowledge he's won a UEFA Cup, a Portuguese league with losing a single game and domestic cups and has coached previous at Chelsea & Inter Milan. And he has been the manager of an international soccer team. All at the age of 33.

Thats outstanding. And I mean legend in the loose Irish way we throw it about. I don't literally mean a Legend of the Game.

Too much emphasis is put onto the managerial abilities of former players isn't? Compare Villas-Boas to Alan Shearer Smile

Mourinho was a deeply average player as well.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:50 pm

Set point for date-krum

Ohhhh big serve from V, back to deuce

Advantage Pork Sword

Ohhhh terrific shot from date-Krum

Deuce

Advantage Pork Sword

Aaaahhhhhhhh game pork sword, 5-4 date-krum to serve for the set

Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:51 pm

Agreed Notch. I think its a very refreshing way about management.

did you see how he became a coach?

his wiki page:

At the age of 16, Villas-Boas (who was always a Porto supporter) lived in the same apartment block as the English Bobby Robson, who was managing FC Porto at the time. Following a debate between the two, Robson appointed Villas-Boas to Porto's observation department.[5] Curiously, Villas-Boas had argued that Robson should play Domingos Paciência more regularly, the future coach of S.C. Braga who Villas Boas would defeat in the 2011 Europa League final to make history.[6] Under the guidance of Robson, who was impressed with his fluent knowledge of the English language, he achieved his UEFA C coaching licence as a minor at the age of 17 in Scotland. He then had a short stint as head coach of the British Virgin Islands national team at the age of 21,[7][8] before he moved onto a career as an assistant under the management of José Mourinho at Porto, another protégé of Robson's. As Mourinho moved clubs to Chelsea and Internazionale, Villas-Boas followed suit.[8]
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:53 pm

I see the new Leinster Jersey will be launched on the 30th of June.

interesting.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

A must read story here guys.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/22062011/58/world-cup-rugby-star-facing-year-ban-moustache-cream.html

That is one costly moustache.

Unfortunately the rules is the rulez.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

Arrrgghhh

5-5 all now as your man breaks back
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Wed 22 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

Hi folks. On the subject of the TV rights for the RWC warm up games, I will quote from the story in Sunday's The Rugby Paper.

"It is a step that has been brought about by the WRU and RFU agreeing to the broadcast rights for the two games being owned and sold by the RFU"

Note both unions

"The move is likely to be financially beneficial to the WRU at a time when sports rights are diminishing and they failed to money on the 130th anniversary fixture against the Barbarians."

Given that the screening of England's tests outside the 6N and RWC are subject to an agreement with Sky, this says more about the RFU I feel.

There was no comment on the Ireland fixture.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

6-5 Williams
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

Sorry - double post deleted/amended.[list=1][*]

Last edited by The_Hound_of_Harrow on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

Declan Kidney was an average enough player too.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

6-6 first set tie break and date-Krum gets the mini break 2-0 now
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

I dont think Brian McLaughlin won many honour either

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:08 pm

3-0
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:09 pm

McLaughlin was a backrow for Ards RFC who had to retire early due to injury.

Not a hugely distinguished career but an exceptionally talented coach.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:09 pm

4-1
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

5-2
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

I'm pretty sure one Graham Henry wasn't up to much as a rugby player either.

Thanks for these updates Hughie - you're quicker than the BBC webpage!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:13 pm

Superb winner from Date-Krum down the line.

Four set points now, 6-2, oohhh 6-3, 6-4, oh jaaus 6-5
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

afternoon all, been a bit slow coming in here because my Work's Internet has bascily given up today, seems to be fixed now though.

I think Congratulations are in order for Kiwi, I do stress the word "think" Wink
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:16 pm

Back to set point for date-krum

For the eight time in the set

And she finally gets it, what a set of tennis unbelievable!!!
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:21 pm

Hughie, they're raving about this match on the Beeb too. I would love Kimiko Date-Krumm to win!

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the 'Krumm')

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:28 pm

It'd be feet for her to win luckless,

1-1 on serve at the minute
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

Three games to two now to your man, after an early break
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:00 pm

And Venus takes the second set

Hopefully krumm can still win the third
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:04 pm

Ah hughie you made me giggle about mr williams there!!

Aye i'm hoping Date-Krumm wins too, missed the 2nd set but the 1st she was on fire!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:13 pm

sounds a great match Hughie, can't wait to see it on the highlights programme later Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

Just had a wee quick read back.

Chelsea's new coach is in much the same mould as Jose. Do you think they are trying to recreate something "special"?

Seagull are vicious barstewards. We had a worker physically attacked and left bleeding on a roofing job at City Hall in Belfast. I used to carry a bit if timber if I had to go on the roof.

Hughie I agree on the Sky TV thing. I was anti pay-per-view for years. Wore me down though and I now have Sky but still depresses me that they can dictate who can and can't watch sport.

Oh, and glad you are enjoying the tennis. I won't really watch it until the later stages. How did the game finish between the two blokes who had that record number of games last year?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:15 pm

Williams is taking hold of this game now, 2-0 in the final set
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:18 pm

John Isner won in straight sets Rava, they have become great friends since supposedly
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

Is the background noise I can hear on TV the sound of rain falling on the roof?Or the chit chat being amplified by it?
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

Earlier it was the rain chef, now its chit chat

Krumm has broken back and its now 3-3

I've got a bit is a soft spot for Orientals, in a way that I'd love to randy one Laugh
Just putting that out there

Last edited by hughie1986 on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

5-4 Williams now, krumm to serve
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next