The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Mick(TEFC)
MR. scotland27
geoff998rugby
RuggerRadge2611
perthshirepuma
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
nottins
Cari
PenfroPete
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
greybeard
mickyt
Mickado
Adam D
red_stag
robbo277
WillyGilly
Dave.
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Gibson
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
MBTGOG
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Standulstermen
Notch
Cymroglan
36 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by MBTGOG Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:56 am

I really want some now but I'm strapped for cash and my brother wants to get lunch in town.

Damn whoever brought this subject up.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:00 pm

sorry Munsty Very Happy

Puma - ah this is just a small cold, almost gone now, I should be totally fine for the weekend! (or I hope so anyway....)

Sounds like you have a lovely evening planned, hope you have a fab time!

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:00 pm

I had a cooked breakfast early this morning and wasn't hungry for my fruit and yogurt I have for my elevenses.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:03 pm

I'm normally a savoury tooth too. However in Canada there's a drive-through coffee chain called Tim Hortons. And their doughnuts are even better than Krispy Kreme! Apparently (according to Wiki) they have an outlet in Dublin Zoo (?), and are in some UK Spar stores.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:06 pm

Tim Hortons are not better than Krispy Kreme! Blasphemy!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:08 pm

Puma, just get a pen and draw the tilde over the n on the screen Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

If only UK had petrol station delis Munsty. We're culturally miles ahead of them here.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:11 pm

I know what you mean mate but still a lot of people taking cuts not pay rises.

I agree with the krispie creams and boston creams..

they are arguably the closet thing to sex in a dough format you can get.

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Tim Hortons are not better than Krispy Kreme! Blasphemy!
TH do a couple of maple syrup ones that are divine ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:16 pm

I've had one of those American doughnuts of the very sweet variety, I won't be bothering again, far too sweet for my taste and expensive to a Northerner like myself.

Thanks all for the good wishes about my Dad, don't know if you all read the link, but the accident was in March 2009...

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

There’s a drive through Tim Hortons in Tallaght. My brother was one of the folks who brought them to Ireland.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:23 pm

Here's a trivia question. If the World Champ was a title that was passed from team to team once they beat the current Champions (like boxing or wrestling) who would be the current World Championship holders be - starting point is NZ winners in 1987?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

isn't there a website with this listed Stag? I think it's South Africa at the moment. Will do a google search to see if I can find it.....

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:27 pm

I'm going to assume New Zealand finished the tri-nations 2010 with it, because they sweeped the other 2 nations, then they lost to Australia in Japan. Australia lost to England in the Autumn Internationals, then England lost to South Africa. South Africa haven't played since.

Probably South Africa.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:29 pm

It's not Wales. I don't need to use Google to know that.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:33 pm

that was my reasoning too Stag. I know for sure someone put up a link on old 606 with the entire history of this alternative no1 system. Can't for the life of me find it on google right now. Will have to do a proper search later.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

that drive is gone now Mickado. replaced with the wonder that is supermacs isn't it?

Stag, I will not even start to work that little tid bit out
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

New Zealand only wouldn't have held it at the end of the Tri-Nations if one of the Northern Hemisphere nations held it at the start of the 2010 Tri-Nations, or Argentina. Only France (who Grand Slammed) or Argentina could have held it going into the June tests. France lost to South Africa in their first game after the GS, so if France had held it they would have lost it to South Africa, who's next loss was against New Zealand (to Australia, then England, then back to South Africa).

The only problem is if Argentina had it before June 2010, then Scotland took it off them. Then Scotland would have lost it to New Zealand (after NZ's loss to Australia), and NZ would hold it now. It is possible, because Argentina's last game in the 2009 AIs was a victory over Scotland, who beat Australia the week before. However, Australia lost their most recent encounter with the All Blacks before that match, so if they had it going into the Autumn Series they would have lost it to NZ in Japan, and therefore wouldn't have had it to lose to Scotland, to give to Argentina, to give back to Scotland to give to New Zealand.

Definitely South Africa.

Last edited by robbo277 on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:36 pm

Oh yeah, forgot that Mick. It’s still there, it’s just not a drive though.

It must be SA, Robbo’s logic has sold it to me. Still, I’d love to see the full list if it’s out there, wonder if Ireland were ever champs!? (at least once in 2004 surely)

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

This is a bit gruesome but fascinating - especially the final sentence!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-13860891

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm

I should probably let ye know I have absolutely no idea who it is. I'm just making small talk Very Happy
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:39 pm

AHA!!

Tis the Raeburn shield. This isn't the full list but it does confirm SA are current holders:

http://www.espnscrum.com/worldcup/rugby/story/134739.html

Quite glad I didn't imagine it now Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:40 pm

Stag do you have the trail on it? Roboos has kind of go a logic to it all.

This day is dragging through in here. that does not make me happy.

Mickado, I miss your face.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:41 pm

perthshirepuma wrote:Sorry to hear you're not well, Dreamer - summer colds are the absolute pits.

Huggie, get out from in front of that TV - Jeremy Kyle rots your brain!

Off to Hamilton shortly - himself has suggested lunch at the hotel before the race thing. So, Penfro, even if Belhaven are only offering warm beer and crisps, it won't be a complete write-off Very Happy And the great thing about eating at the Avonbridge is excellent service and grub - it helps when you're married to the boss! Staying overnight (there had bloody well better be champagne) so catch you guys tomorrow.

Hasta manana (how do you do the tils on the 'n's ?

Have a great time Puma. Enjoy the races, hopefully you will back a couple of winners Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:45 pm

England would have held it after the 2003 World Cup. Checking Wiki, our first loss afterwards was to Ireland in the 3rd match of the 2004 Six Nations, so Ireland would have held it then. Ireland would then have lost it in June to South Africa.

robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:AHA!!

Tis the Raeburn shield. This isn't the full list but it does confirm SA are current holders:

http://www.espnscrum.com/worldcup/rugby/story/134739.html

Quite glad I didn't imagine it now Smile

Dreamer, you are a fountain of Rugby knowledge. Have a Krispy Kreme donut on me cake <cantfindthedonutsmiley> Smile
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:50 pm

ooh many thanks Rava Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

Anyone watching the tennis?

Serena struggling badly, 2-5 down in the first set against Halep.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm

ah no Pete that's not good Sad tis only her 2nd competitive match in like a year I think Pete after all her health scares. same thing happened to Venus though yesterday but she came through to win, hope Serena can do the same!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:55 pm

She's had a torrid year dreamer, no doubt about it.

Physically she doesn't look like herself, she's not moving to well. Halep to be fair has been excellent, and I would say of Serena is to win this, it will be a real case of mind over body, she's going to have to really dig in.

6-3 to Halep, all to do for the champion.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

Halep just brings up the first set against Williams, not bad for a 19 year old.

Lucky that is pretty gross tbh. Not sure I can stomach my lunch now.

Still waiting on results... Alcohol will be consumed tonight no matter the outcome.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

Just goes to show how small margins are at the top level.

Serena has had no break points, and Halep has had 1 and took it and wins the set.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

well I hope she can do it then Pete!

New pub as I'm now off to lunch:

https://www.606v2.com/t7783-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#210952

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20