The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Mick(TEFC)
MR. scotland27
geoff998rugby
RuggerRadge2611
perthshirepuma
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
nottins
Cari
PenfroPete
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
greybeard
mickyt
Mickado
Adam D
red_stag
robbo277
WillyGilly
Dave.
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Gibson
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
MBTGOG
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Standulstermen
Notch
Cymroglan
36 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:13 am

Bore Da/Good Morning all, hope everyone's well, or at least definitely better then me, I'm coughing and spluttering all over the place!

Just a very brief visit in here for me, so have lovely mornings all and I'll try and pop back in at lunch time cuppa

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 19 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:14 am

Rava wrote:Pete, a bit too quiet at the minute but hopefully I'll muddle through.

Strange how thing happen. I had just posted this when I was told my main Client has picked up a commission that will generate some extra work over the next few weeks Yahoo Yahoo
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:14 am

Hi all. I see there was a young girl killed in Wales by some lad who was promised a free breakfast if he'd do it. Very very sad to see.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:24 am

That’s class Rav. Fair play!

The morale in this place is through the floor, literally everyone in my department is now looking for work elsewhere. I think the nail in the coffin was walking in this morning to see a mail from the management saying that there were 6 promotions in our group, but our managers maintain that for us to be promoted someone has to leave or die. Haha!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:25 am

Mick - sounds like where I work. Its a carosel of people coming and going.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

Rava wrote:
Rava wrote:Pete, a bit too quiet at the minute but hopefully I'll muddle through.

Strange how thing happen. I had just posted this when I was told my main Client has picked up a commission that will generate some extra work over the next few weeks Yahoo Yahoo

That's great news Rava.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:43 am

Ah sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle, like being back at college
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:48 am

hughie1986 wrote:Ah sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle, like being back at college

Anything interesting Hughie?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:52 am

Does my fiancée's mum hate me because I'm a lesbian?

Quiet by Jezz's usual standards.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:53 am

red_stag wrote:Mick - sounds like where I work. Its a carosel of people coming and going.

Apart from the redundancies in May we haven't had anyone coming or going from our department in about 2 years. There's a very small staff turnover rate in the group as a whole. But we've reached a tipping point. They're going to be seriously screwed if even one person leaves, we're too busy to train anyone and normally it takes six months. I really hope that everyone of my colleagues leaves them in the lurch, it's the least we could do to repay them for how we've been treated recently.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:53 am

Rava wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:Ah sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle, like being back at college

Anything interesting Hughie?

Does my fiancee's mum hate me because were lesbians??
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:54 am

Kia ora, mauri ora all, mug please.

And congratulations to everyone who needs congratulating that I haven't congratulated alread Smile

Is the U20 final played on Sunday? Sorry too lazy to look it up.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:56 am

Mick - I'm nearly sure I read that the place you work in Dublin is creating 60 jobs. Though I saw it on news. Or maybe its where Micky T works.

Still haven't heard back about my potentially new job. Got email on Tuesday to say that as they haven't a HR dept the manager wants to do the references personally and hasn't been able fit them in yet.

I'm gonna be anxious about it til its in writing.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:00 am

Yep, 60 new jobs in my place.

We acquired a company last year called Verisign (you might recognize their tick mark symbol when you’re buying things online). The jobs are, for the most part, in tech support for them, which is far from my remit and no interest to me, and the positions are pretty much all filled anyway. It’s a good boost to the place as a whole, but this place is so big that redundancies in my department could be followed by new positions in the department over the partition the next week.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:03 am

Bore Da Pawb / Good Morning all - cuppa and a Triple ASBO egg egg egg please.
Still up in Leyland so just popping in

Here's more about the murder in South Wales that Stag was referring to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-13875923

Reading back on last night, sorry if miss out anyone but here goes
CARI - glad you are having an enjoyable 'work experience'
NOTCH - Llongyfarchiadau / Congratulations <bubbly>. What did you get, 2:1 ?
PUMA - Champagne & Prawn Sarnies ? Surely Belhaven Best and pork scratchings ?
KIWI – good work on getting the Admin role. The final ? Yes, 18:10 on Sunday
WILLY, PROP, ROBBO, ‘KADO (& Amanda) ..etc good luck with the results / jobs
LDCPete – nice going
DREAMER – get well soon

TTFN back to work :run2:
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:07 am

PenfroPete wrote:Bore Da Pawb / Good Morning all - cuppa and a Triple ASBO egg egg egg please.

Crying or Very sad
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:09 am

Oh goody we've now moved on to 'my boyfriend can't have fathered your baby unless he cheated on me!'

God bless this country.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:09 am

Cheers Penfro. I suspect I'll still be on a cricket field in Hampshire Sunday eve, so will have to pray the pub is showing it! At least I'm playing for a team of Kiwis so we might have some demand for the game.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_jyXJTlrH0&feature=related

If anyone can watch YouTube videos, they should watch this. Magnificent!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:16 am

Rava wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:Bore Da Pawb / Good Morning all - cuppa and a Triple ASBO egg egg egg please.

Crying or Very sad

I know the feeling rava, left out again.
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:39 am

I hope somebody watches that video at some stage.

We're planning to do a tour of Chester with my bro today but the lazy so and so still hasn't gotten up.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:41 am

red_stag wrote:Hi all. I see there was a young girl killed in Wales by some lad who was promised a free breakfast if he'd do it. Very very sad to see.

That's not good. I can't find the news article about it any chance of a link.

Get well soon Dreamer.

Just had a text from my Dad. He's back in hospital for another op on his left leg next week. He had the titanium out and cement in, before Christmas. They are now taking the cement out and the ex-fix taken off, putting a pin in the tibia and a skin graft. Not sure if I posted the link before, but here's the news report of the accident: http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/4235995.Lorry_driver_injured_in_M606_smash/

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:44 am

Nottins - Penfro posted a linkto it a few posts back.

Thats rough about your Dad.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:46 am

red_stag wrote:Nottins - Penfro posted a linkto it a few posts back.

Thats rough about your Dad.

Thanks Stag, I'll take another look.

He's taking it as a positive, as he's determined to walk again.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:48 am

Morning all, teamwork session lasted a lot shorter than expected seeing as only 5 turned up, means they get the support though!!

Squash tonight so could be fun! All the best to your old man nottins.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:51 am

red_stag wrote:Mick - I'm nearly sure I read that the place you work in Dublin is creating 60 jobs. Though I saw it on news. Or maybe its where Micky T works.

Still haven't heard back about my potentially new job. Got email on Tuesday to say that as they haven't a HR dept the manager wants to do the references personally and hasn't been able fit them in yet.

I'm gonna be anxious about it til its in writing.

Hey it's great to see more jobs in dublin. It seems that the IT/Technology sector is still growing down there. A friend of mine has recently gone down there contracting.

Stag did you get a verbal offer? If so thats legally binding. If it's your own employer dragging their heels with your reference then don't let them away with that.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 10:57 am

MBTGOG wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_jyXJTlrH0&feature=related

If anyone can watch YouTube videos, they should watch this. Magnificent!

Munsty, I had a quick look but I don'y have audio so will look again at home later.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

Hope everything goes well for your dad, Nottins.

The story about the girl's murder is awful. Despicable. How heartless to joke about murder - although the article suggests that the accused had a reputation for saying he'd do things he didn't then do, so they probably didn't think he was serious.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:10 am

Sorry to hear about your Dad Nottins.

My Dad's almost back to work after his little accident the other week. Though he's a bit grumpy because his boss has suggested he's malingering (I suspect that's more to do with the occupational safety people are sniffing around)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

Rodders, no verbal offer. They said I have the job "pending references and a medical".

They said the reason for the delay is that they are doing their audit process from the Irish Medical Board and it is something that ties up the manager. She told me she will contact me again Monday. I'm still anxious but it sounds ok. They have assured me they are not looking for other candidates etc.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:13 am

Hey Stag that sounds like a verbal offer to me. As long as your references stack up and you pass the medical then they have to give you the job so I wouldn't worry at all. Good luck with it anyway.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

Rodders - I certainly wouldn't force anyone to hire me even if I could. It would have a horrible atmosphere were that the case. I have a job so even if this one were to go belly up I am still earning. It sounds like it will be ok. . . . I hope.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:32 am

nottins - sorry to hear that about your dad,hope all goes okay with him.

and thanks to you and penfro for the well wishes, I'm actually not feeling too bad today, much better then the start of the week anyway.

And the sun is back out and shining (well....ish).

Going to buy my train ticket for home this lunch time so I can actually pop out and buy some krispy kreme doughnut's to take home for my mam and dad tomorrow. I've promised them I'd get them the last 3 times I've gone home!

And a good luck to everyone who's job app's have gone in Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:33 am

I've never tried Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I know some people have gone doolally over them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I've never tried Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I know some people have gone doolally over them.

Like Munsty
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:35 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I've never tried Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I know some people have gone doolally over them.

Lucky I had them for the first time a couple of months ago. Seriously, just seriously YUM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:37 am

rugbydreamer wrote:

Lucky I had them for the first time a couple of months ago. Seriously, just seriously YUM.

YUM. Though I'm being good and avoiding them at the moment.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:39 am

Had them in America. Outrageously good. You think to yourself, how good can a doughnut actually be? But it can be good, really good.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:40 am

I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I prefer savoury flavours.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:42 am

I haven't had them for ages either Kiwi, but I owe my mam and dad some sort of mother's and father's day present (I did at least get them cards though!) so figured these will do. All I've got to make sure now is that I don't scoff them on the train journey home Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

They sell them in Tesco's in Newport. I think I'll partake next time I'm there.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:45 am

Good morning all.

Mickado, I thought things were getting better in your place. I guess it was more financially with the pay rise and the bonus.

we are the opposite in this place. we treat the guys really well and its very transparent. we just don't have any money to give out Sad
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:45 am

They are incredible. If possible though, get to an actual Krispy Kremes place where they are just made and are still hot. Beautiful!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:48 am

red_stag wrote:I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I prefer savoury flavours.

I'm similar, Stag. I'd rather have a starter than dessert.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

I'm the same but this is one of my exceptions. On the subject of starter over dessert, I have neither.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

Ah yeah Stag I usually go for a savoury option (think I over did it on all the chocolate in my teens), but these donughts really are, for want of a better word Wink , LUSH.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

Worked beside one of their shops Munsty, they had a big glass window at the side showing them being made, and there was a siren on the outside which flashed when fresh doughnuts were available. Eh, gimme 11 thousand boston creams please!!!

Mick, the rise was welcomed, but it was a token gesture. Kinda like punching someone in the face and offering them a ciggie when they recover.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

I've never tried Krispy Kreme, but my mate goes nuts over them. He once text me at 3am to say Krispy Kremes were on a special offer at Tesco and he had bought 40.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

I'm hungry now.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:54 am

Sorry to hear you're not well, Dreamer - summer colds are the absolute pits.

Huggie, get out from in front of that TV - Jeremy Kyle rots your brain!

Off to Hamilton shortly - himself has suggested lunch at the hotel before the race thing. So, Penfro, even if Belhaven are only offering warm beer and crisps, it won't be a complete write-off Very Happy And the great thing about eating at the Avonbridge is excellent service and grub - it helps when you're married to the boss! Staying overnight (there had bloody well better be champagne) so catch you guys tomorrow.

Hasta manana (how do you do the tils on the 'n's ?

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next