The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Mick(TEFC)
MR. scotland27
geoff998rugby
RuggerRadge2611
perthshirepuma
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
nottins
Cari
PenfroPete
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
greybeard
mickyt
Mickado
Adam D
red_stag
robbo277
WillyGilly
Dave.
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Gibson
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
MBTGOG
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Standulstermen
Notch
Cymroglan
36 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:58 am

MBTGOG wrote:http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/blog/2011-06-20/no-wonder-rory-mcilroy-leaves-his-rivals-spin#.TgBkYy3pZlU;facebook

A 9 year old Rory showing off this skills on TV.

Munsty they had a great retrospective of him on local news the other night. Footage of him being interviewed as a kid and saying that he was hoping to win all the majors! Interviewer asked him if he'd like to win them all in a year and he said yes indeed he would! laughing Might have been a wee bit funny at the time, a little boy talking about smashing records and winning majors but jeez you wouldn't put it past him with his whole career still ahead of him... Then footgae of hims setting the new course record at Royal Portrush as a teen prodigy.

Born to win OK

Really hope he can go on and live up to the massive talent he has over the next decade and a half.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Rava Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:01 pm

I know what you are saying re. NIQ players but this is what I have been told. All I know the is the guy passing on the information is a friend of someone on the management committee. Also said Rory IS paying 50% of Piennaar's wages Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:03 pm

Can someone please tell me what this means:

yeah dim probs !

It is important!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

Geoff,

What Irish qualified options are there for the backrow available?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

Notch wrote: I think the real problem is the Irish posters are very chatty and the British posters are very, very shy and reserved Smile
What about me Notch - I'm a WELSH poster thumbsup
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

Hobo,

Means no problem I'm sure.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:06 pm

HOBO - dim problems = no problems (Welsh for nothing is dim)
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:07 pm

PenfroPete wrote:
Notch wrote: I think the real problem is the Irish posters are very chatty and the British posters are very, very shy and reserved Smile

Oh, i don't know Penfro you've been very forthright about certain topics Whistle

You're right. Using the catch-all term 'British' was offensive of me, and I shouldn't have done it. Least ye all know I meant no harm by it! But my mistake and apology is duly noted!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Geoff,

Rhys Ruddock may be an option next year maybe. I'd imagine he'll have itchy feet.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:10 pm

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:12 pm

Notch wrote:
PenfroPete wrote:

Oh, i don't know Penfro you've been very forthright about certain topics Whistle

You're right. Using the catch-all term 'British' was offensive of me, and I shouldn't have done it. Least ye all know I meant no harm by it! But my mistake and apology is duly noted!

NOTCH - ya wee bolllix. none intended, none taken Hug You were just being a stooodunt (lazy Wink) ... :run2:
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

laughing

I'm actually in the awkward few months between degrees.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:16 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Geoff,

We tried and failed to get McLaughlin last year. The name in the frame is Rhys Ruddock.
Basically he will get little game time for Leinster next year and could play for us for a year go back a better player to them next summer. The extent of the urgency is Ferris's fitness but the gut feeling is we are one player light.
If Ferris was looking good we could go for a second 7 - say McMillian.
Hedging our bets played a part in Stevenson replacing Caldwell - Tuohy as emergeny 6 cover, it also played a part in swapping Anderson for McCormish - McCormish can play across the backrow more easily than Anderson.

I heard nothing on Leinsters or Ruddocks view on this. I have fingers crossed but not that hopeful to be honest

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

Could Ulster maybe do some kind of loan deal for Ruddock?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Could Ulster maybe do some kind of loan deal for Ruddock?

Could Munster
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

Because Stag, unlike Ulster we do have young fellas coming through. I'd go for Ruddock but only on a permanent basis.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

Also, but don't tell Leisnter this, there would be hope he plays a year, loves it and doesn't weant to leave Wink

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm

'a hope'? He'll love it up here! We'll get him a fine young Ulster lass, and she'll nail him down here. I'd love him up here, I really think he's captain material.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:29 pm

Nail down his roots I mean...
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

He certainly is Willy. Already captained Leinster.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:32 pm

Hands of Rhys lads, we stole him fair and square! Plus he's being integrated into our squad slowly but surely. He's captained Leinster this season. And with Heaslip and O'Brien away for 2 months he'll be starting each week and will be a good candidate for captaincy again.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

Isn't Ruddock only on a one year contract at Leinster? Is that in indication that the IRFU want to move him elsewhere if he doesn't break through this year?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm

I reckon it'd be a good move.for ruddock to head up north for a season or two to develop. With all the good things happening up there at the minute he could really benefit
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:38 pm

He is indeed on a 1 year contract

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:41 pm

You could read the 1 year contract thing 1 of 2 ways. Either he'll be a) shipped to another province if he doesn't make his breakthrough this season or b) he knew this season would be his breakthrough and made sure to negotiate a 1 year contract so he could get a better price next year.

I hope it's B.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:Also, but don't tell Leisnter this, there would be hope he plays a year, loves it and doesn't weant to leave Wink

That would be a given. Problem is getting him on the Enterprise to Belfast in the first instance.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:50 pm

Rava wrote:
geoff998rugby wrote:Also, but don't tell Leisnter this, there would be hope he plays a year, loves it and doesn't weant to leave Wink

That would be a given. Problem is getting him on the Enterprise to Belfast in the first instance.

Ive just copped the the train that links Dublin to Belfast is named after a starship! Jeysus, delusions of grandure much!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:52 pm

Well it is a bit pricey like. I prefer the bus.

The star trek theme is prevalent though; the train from Cork to Dublin is called the Voyager. Trying to find it's way home from an inhospitable and strange place.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 21 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

Rava wrote:

Theres the rub and I am not hopeful raspberry

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:05 pm

Jesus it would be great to get Ruddock for this season on some kind of loan. Very hard to see it happening given the Leinster backrow will lose at least 2 players to the RWC though.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:11 pm

Am I wrong here but if any southern based players move to Ulster, won't they lose their tax rebate when they retire?

If this is the case then this would make it pretty difficult for Ulster to attract players from the other provinces.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:12 pm

Afternoon all. Just on my dinner break in the swish Ikea type kitchen they have. I could get used to this place. Shame I'm not stopping.

Haven't read back as I'm on the Ribena. How's everyone?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:14 pm

Afternoon Cari, that sounds like a much fancier kitchen then the one I've got here!

And things have been kicking off a bit mod wise today (and not just the rugby board!) so am a bit annoyed. Other than that and feeling like I'm coming down with a cold, I'm fab Wink

Lunch break now though Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:17 pm

Everyone's well as far as I can tell, Cari. The major points as far as I'm concerned are that the Wales v England warm-up match at the Millennium Stadium will be shown exclusively on Sky and that Hughie wants to take a drug that transports him back to the Stone Age.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:22 pm

Oh dear Dreamer. Hopefully things will calm down. Just be a ninja mod and remove everything without comment. They'll soon get fed up. Smile

Lucky - thanks for the update. Did you see Munsty's pic of us talking? Can't remember what that was about but it looks interesting.

I brought some bickies in today for everyone and there's already another load of cakes!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

Just back from a run down the lakeside - a wee but humid, but a good breeze coming off the lake. Soldier Field is such an impressive stadium from the outside

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

Don't worry dreamer. It's just that its the off-season and people are bored because there is no rugby. Not that there won't be WUMs in the season proper, but there will be more good rugby chat as well.

That said, I am always very surprised that certain posters restrict themselves to talking about certain topics when there is a whole Super Rugby season finale going on, to be followed by the Tri Nations Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

It's a great photo isn't it, Cari? I have no idea what we were talking about though. I must have been saying something fascinating Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:39 pm

Working from home now helloooo wimbledon!!

I love the one of me,kado and the fascinating guinness!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:42 pm

Hobo, Dreamer etc, is there copyright/confidentiality issues with regards to things said on this site. If someone posts comments or we have an issue arise are they in some way protected?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

If it was me who stole it, then its perfectly acceptable, if it was someone else who did it, I will need to check!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

Ha, that's a great photo, Prop!

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

Hobo - PM
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

havent received anything via pm - can you check you sent it to me!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

Sorry Hobo, I've only written it now.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Just back from a run down the lakeside - a wee but humid, but a good breeze coming off the lake. Soldier Field is such an impressive stadium from the outside

The vile jealousy rises in me when you talk about that. I love that city.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:20 pm

Andy Roddick's wife...... Shocked randy
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Andy Roddick's wife...... Shocked randy

I've just had the girl sitting opposite me at work say something similar about Mr Roddick ... (she was sitting watching at Court 1 when his game was rained off yesterday)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:24 pm

I heart Andy Roddick.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

Dreamer: if you have him can I have his wife then?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next