The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Mick(TEFC)
MR. scotland27
geoff998rugby
RuggerRadge2611
perthshirepuma
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Rava
nottins
Cari
PenfroPete
Breadvan
Luckless Pedestrian
greybeard
mickyt
Mickado
Adam D
red_stag
robbo277
WillyGilly
Dave.
prop_lyd
KiaRose
Gibson
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
rodders
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
MBTGOG
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Standulstermen
Notch
Cymroglan
36 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:08 am

Just reading it now actually.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:12 am

I'm sure I've read that Chicago means 'smelly place' or something like that in the local (or once-local) native American language. Does it smell much nowadays, Asbo?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:12 am

Kia ora, mauri ora all

mug mug. Was in bed asleep by 9.30 last night, still yawning ...

Loved Munsty's pics though.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:12 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13854027

Riots, shots fired just your normal pre 12 July antics.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:14 am

Here we are - from Wikipedia, of course:

The name "Chicago" is the French version of the Miami-Illinois word shikaakwa ("Stinky Onion"), named for the plants common along the Chicago River.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

WillyGilly wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13854027

Riots, shots fired just your normal pre 12 July antics.

Such a shame. Crying or Very sad

On another note Chicago is a fantastic place to vistit, relaxing on Navy Peir on days like today is my Idea of good times.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

Lucky, nah, it's just me that's a bit smelly! Right, am going to try for another couple of hours kip

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:20 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Here we are - from Wikipedia, of course:

The name "Chicago" is the French version of the Miami-Illinois word shikaakwa ("Stinky Onion"), named for the plants common along the Chicago River.

Wayne Campbell: So, do you come to Milwaukee often?
Alice Cooper: Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers were coming here as early as the late 1600's to trade with the Native Americans.
Pete: In fact, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?
Alice Cooper: Yes, Pete, it is. Actually , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
Wayne Campbell: I was not aware of that.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:23 am

Luckless you worked on the docks long?? I used to come in to Newport when I worked for Scotline
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:33 am

Mickado wrote:

Wayne Campbell: So, do you come to Milwaukee often?
Alice Cooper: Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers were coming here as early as the late 1600's to trade with the Native Americans.
Pete: In fact, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?
Alice Cooper: Yes, Pete, it is. Actually , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
Wayne Campbell: I was not aware of that.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Party on dude.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:37 am

Love that movie.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:38 am

A question going out here to Hobo, Kiwi, Dreamer anyone who can answer.

The grey Ghost has created an article about his posts being deleted saying :

TheGreyGhost wrote:
It's kind of childish.

Just because you don't agree with my opinion?

Don't you feel it's a little bit sandpit?

A little bit taking your bat and ball and going home?

I know this guy can be a little bit confrontational, but is there any truth in what he is saying? If so I would be slightly concerned. Feel free to PM me if you do not want it discussed in here.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:43 am

Radge, to be honest thats his business I would say.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:43 am

Saw your post Hobo thumbsup well played sir.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:50 am

Only since July last year, Hughie.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:55 am

Mickado wrote:What went down Willy?

Think Willy is refering to this - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-13854027

ASBO - PM'd you
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:56 am

Mickado wrote:What went down Willy?

Loyalist paramillitaries attacked the (nationalist) Short Strand. They'll deny it was paramilitaries but anyone who knows that area of Inner City East Belfast knows they run the place. Thugs who believe in nothing more than violence, intimidation and hatred. The lowest of the lowest of the low. Those poor people on the Short Strand- reports of pensioners houses being attacked, one lad apparently had his ear bitten off. I am so ANGRY right now!

I am so angry at the bigots who want to drug us back into the Stone Age. Sad
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 21 Jun 2011, 10:58 am

What drugs bring you back to the stone age?? I'd love some of them
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:01 am

It looks like there was some retaliation against the aggressors as well- which will no doubt descend into tiit-for-tat violence over the summer.

It's all so pointless and empty.

Last edited by Notch on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:06 am

hughie1986 wrote:What drugs bring you back to the stone age?? I'd love some of them

As long as you come back to the present when they wear off!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:07 am

Breadvan: think it's essex tonight! In town at the moment and a couple of drops of rain, oh well the tickets are free!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:11 am

Na id stay back there, it'd be a nice existence
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:13 am

Notch wrote:It looks like there was some retaliation against the aggressors as well- which will no doubt descend into tiit-for-tat violence over the summer.

It's all so pointless and empty.

Note your comments Notch but this isn't the forum to express your views.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

If it was like the Flintstones, it would be alright.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:18 am

Guys and gals.

Thanks for the support you are showing the forum - I am really proud of how the rugby section is working out. Very lively debate and loads of posters - something I am trying to increase all the time - god help the board if I get a job!

Anyway, just wanted to ask a quick favor of you all. Sometimes the pub thread goes quite heavily into a topic (such as Rory winning), which in turn goes into another debate on politics etc.

No problem with any of these things being discussed but could I maybe ask you all to create a thread for any long running debates in the either the news or off topic section. I dont want to kill the banter in here as its fantastic but I have had a few requests via PM to address the matter.

Hope you understand OK

edit - just found out I didnt get the job as I was typing this. Now off to find some people to argue with and ban to make me feel better!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:21 am

Ah flip it Hobo thats a pity. Something will come up!

As for the long discussions is that something we'd do or the mods?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:22 am

I appreciate that but... I will register my disgust with the men of violence! I want to see us moving forward as a society and I have nothing but contempt for those who want to take us backwards.

I grew up in East Belfast, it cuts me deep.

Last thing I'll say on the subject. OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

aww bad luck Hobo on the job Hug that's a shame Sad

the thing about the topics in the pub is that it'll be pretty difficult for us to move them as the discussion is going on. Would you rather the particular posts be split after the discussion is finished in here, then moved somewhere else to see if other's want to join in? Reckon that might be quite hard to monitor...

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

Sorry to hear that Hobo Cry Hug

Have a few appletini s
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

red_stag wrote:Ah flip it Hobo thats a pity. Something will come up!

As for the long discussions is that something we'd do or the mods?

Sorry to hear that, Hobo. You'll end up getting a better job, don't worry! OK

As Stag's suggesting, couldn't the mods copy comments from here and post them as new topics outside? I doubt it would take any more time than it does to merge threads, which they already do.

EDIT: that sounds really lazy of me - sorry!

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:28 am

I just think that if a topic gets quite heavily debated, there is no harm in setting up a thread and allowing others to join in from other sections.

Its very hard to know when to set one up and it will be trial and error but lets give it a go. If you are enjoying a debate, then set up a thread for others to contribute - thats all I am asking.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

Notch, I noticed your post last night about the SA squad for the WC. I'm sure Muller is only there for cover but it would be a bit of a disaster for Ulster if he were somehow to make the squad. Don't you think?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:32 am

Hobo, Crying or Very sad Sorry to hear the news about the job hunt. Keep trying and hopefully something will turn up. OK
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:34 am

Easy on the predictions Rava! You've scuppered our HC Cup campaign next season remember!
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:36 am

Sorry to hear you didn't get the job Hobo, and after the ordeal of getting to the interview and all! Hopefully something turns up soon.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:36 am

No problem with any of these things being discussed but could I maybe ask you all to create a thread for any long running debates in the either the news or off topic section. I dont want to kill the banter in here as its fantastic but I have had a few requests via PM to address the matter.

Hobo I don't understand the need, every so.often we get chatting about things that aren't rugby related but there is no need to move it. it just goes on for a while and returns to rugby, don't worry yourself about it.

Last edited by hughie1986 on Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:37 am

hughie1986 wrote:
Hobo I don't understand the need, every so.often we get chatting about things that aren't rugby related but there is no need to move it. it just goes on riot a while and returns to rugby,.don't worry yourself about it.

Hughie, i think Hobo's point is that if we move them out of here more people will get involved. It's not just because it's off topic for the rugby boards.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:38 am

Mickado wrote:
hughie1986 wrote:
Hobo I don't understand the need, every so.often we get chatting about things that aren't rugby related but there is no need to move it. it just goes on riot a while and returns to rugby,.don't worry yourself about it.

Hughie, i think Hobo's point is that if we move them out of here more people will get involved. It's not just because it's off topic for the rugby boards.

Exactly thats what I think he is getting at. To be fair one of the dangers with this Pub thread is that it limits our time on others. We could have a roaring debate in here about something that others do not see.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:40 am

Willie,

Ooops censored
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:40 am

I don't know if I'd be too sure about that- it'd be a bit weird to head over to another section to do it. It's sort of what the pub is for.

I mean, last summer we spent weeks just talking about the football in here. You'd want to know you could do the same for the likes of the European Championships next year. I thought the point of the pub was there for off-topic discussions? You know, pub chat.

I think the real problem is the Irish posters are very chatty and the British posters are very, very shy and reserved Smile

If it's a problem I'm happy enough to maybe just use twitter or facebook or something to discuss things. I just find it hard to gauge where that invisible tipping point is.

Rava wrote:Notch, I noticed your post last night about the SA squad for the WC. I'm sure Muller is only there for cover but it would be a bit of a disaster for Ulster if he were somehow to make the squad. Don't you think?

It would be a massive loss to us, but the guy has committed to Ulster already for an extra year. It's hard to begrudge him the chance; if he wants to play for SA and gets the chance, let him go and play.

The problem is if they've asked him to contribute to some of the coaching... we really will struggle without him. A player-coach missing, who's also the vice-Captain and will deputise for Best during the RWC, could wreak havoc with our start to the season.

Also, he was meant to get an extended break this pre-season because he's played so much rugby. Now he won't get that. He said he was only playing up to 60% of his ability last season and I think if he doesn't get a proper break and a pre-season he won;t be able to give us his best.

We won't know if he's going to be involved until the 23rd of August. He could be involved in the Tri Nations though.

I think Ulster were planning on him not being involved and suddenly De Villiers has included him and thrown our plans into disarray.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

Has everyone seen this?

https://www.606v2.com/t7627-sky-to-screen-wales-match#203401

I'm not happy about it at all. (I've posted on the thread, Hobo!)

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

Notch wrote:I don't know if I'd be too sure about that- it'd be a bit weird to head over to another section to do it. It's sort of what the pub is for.

I mean, last summer we spent weeks just talking about the football in here. You'd want to know you could do the same for the likes of the European Championships next year. I thought the point of the pub was there for off-topic discussions? You know, pub chat.

I think the real problem is the Irish posters are very chatty and the British posters are very, very shy and reserved Smile

If it's a problem I'm happy enough to maybe just use twitter or facebook or something to discuss things. I just find it hard to gauge where that invisible tipping point

Notch are you sitting down?? I think this might be a first but I couldn't agree with you any more. That us exactly why we use this place, if its not broken don't fix it
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/blog/2011-06-20/no-wonder-rory-mcilroy-leaves-his-rivals-spin#.TgBkYy3pZlU;facebook

A 9 year old Rory showing off this skills on TV.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

hughie1986 wrote:
Notch wrote:I don't know if I'd be too sure about that- it'd be a bit weird to head over to another section to do it. It's sort of what the pub is for.

If it's a problem I'm happy enough to maybe just use twitter or facebook or something to discuss things. I just find it hard to gauge where that invisible tipping point

Notch are you sitting down?? I think this might be a first but I couldn't agree with you any more. That us exactly why we use this place, if its not broken don't fix it

Boom! I am now. Shocked Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

If he made the SA squad that would be fantastic for him. We would be left with a fairly inexperienced pack though. Maybe Tuohy being left out of the Ireland squad will be a godsend.

Btw, my source has indicated that the Corey Jane rumours have not gone away.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

Which Corey Jane rumours?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

can I ask what this means (I think its welsh!)

yeah dim probs !

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

Really? but we have no NIQ slot left and what I am hearing is a backrow is our number 1 priority.

Maybe Rory's millions could pay Corey's wages and therefore Dublin will agree Yahoo

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:54 am

roddersm wrote:Which Corey Jane rumours?

That he is coming.to Ulster
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 21 Jun 2011, 11:55 am

MBTGOG wrote:http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/blog/2011-06-20/no-wonder-rory-mcilroy-leaves-his-rivals-spin#.TgBkYy3pZlU;facebook

A 9 year old Rory showing off this skills on TV.

Pure class. I saw Daire O'Briein posted that video to twitter last night saying "this is why Ireland and Irish people are so happy for Rory!".

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next