The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+27
Cymroglan
KiaRose
Sin é
PenfroPete
pete (buachaill on eirne)
greybeard
rodders
Pal Joey
Glas a du
Gibson
Cari
MBTGOG
Suspicious lurker
mickyt
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Mickado
nottins
prop_lyd
Notch
Thomond
Mick(TEFC)
robbo277
Rava
WillyGilly
Luckless Pedestrian
red_stag
Ozzy3213
31 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:15 pm

Jasus the umpires are having a shocking day today, there have been about 8 halkeye calls this set along.

Greg Rudsisky (sp) is a terrible commentator
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:16 pm

Yep, can't keep it to myself any longer.
I am going to De Chefs Summer Ball Cinderella. Yahoo
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:18 pm

And soderling takes the forth set, 2-2 now, great game
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

Rava wrote:Yep, can't keep it to myself any longer.

That’s class Rav. Ye’ll have a ball (another Cinderella reference there).

So you’re flying to London to meet the lads and fly over from there then?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:20 pm

ah lucky you Rava!

My friend's just got back to me and she has bought the festival tickets so no trip to France for me Sad

Still 3 days chilling out at a folk festival which sells awesome cider, with one of my best mates sounds good to me Smile

I reckon now that Soderling's leveled the match he'll win the 5th set. 6-3 I reckon, don't think Hewitt has the fitness to last much longer. (bet I'm wrong though!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

You were right yesterday about your man Williams yesterday dreamer so you could be right today as well
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

nah I'm more doubtful about today's prediction, Hewitt is so hard to measure, he never gives up. Could just as easily go to 7-5 Soderling in this final set. Really can't see Hewitt winning though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:29 pm

My wife suggested that I got a Pork sword enlarger... so I did ,

She's 17 and her names Lucy
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:36 pm

Hewitt breaks!!!

2-1 to Hewitt now
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

bah! he better not mess up my predictions....

ah man roll on 5pm, I'm going to cwtch up on the sofa with the tennis and I won't be moving for anyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

Mickado wrote:
Rava wrote:Yep, can't keep it to myself any longer.

That’s class Rav. Ye’ll have a ball (another Cinderella reference there).

So you’re flying to London to meet the lads and fly over from there then?

That's the plan Mick. I'm blaming Hughie for it anyway. For Mrs. Ravs benefit you understand. Wink

"A big boy made me do it wah!!" (Billy Connolly <ish>) laughing
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

Good stuff on the trip Rava. it will be a blast.

I sent you a mail and will reply later with the info.

I just had to do a pants interview.

well the interview was fine enough but HR want me to tell him he can't style his hair that way if he gets the job.

I do not want to do this.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

Hey Rava,

Just so you know, I have replied to your PM, but it's just stuck sitting in the outbox Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

Soderling breaks back straight away, sorry a bit slow on the update was playing with my fleshlight

4-3 now to soderling, Hewitt on serve
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:59 pm

right, literally going to have to leg it home from work then.

Sod to break Hewitt now and then serve out for the match please!

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

hughie1986 wrote:Soderling breaks back straight away, sorry a bit slow on the update was playing with my fleshlight

Blocked here, will have to look when I gfet back to the hotel.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:04 pm

mickyt wrote:Good stuff on the trip Rava. it will be a blast.

I sent you a mail and will reply later with the info.

I just had to do a pants interview.

well the interview was fine enough but HR want me to tell him he can't style his hair that way if he gets the job.

I do not want to do this.

I'm guessing it's like a male version of this;

Spoiler:

Is it a job where he has to deal with the public?

If not, sucks for that guy. Dress codes! If someone does a good job, they do a good job. You have to treat people like adults.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

Maybe they'd dress like adults then Whistle

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:12 pm

agreed Notch. we just change our dress code recently so that we don't have to wear shirts and slacks.

unfortunately this guys role will be in the reception so will be dealing with customers coming in and out of the building.

his hair isn't as extreme as the picture. it's just one of the younger generations hair styles. a bit like Justin Bieber except with hair gel. not a problem I don't feel.

To make it worse this guy is not getting paid. its a work placement scheme we are involved in to allow them to gather a bit of experience and some qualifications etc. they keep getting the social welfare though.

I wasn't keen managing people in this role before but we've managed to get 2 of them into full time employment with us so it does work.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:14 pm

I'd love leyton to win, always been a fan of him and his baseball caps!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:17 pm

you fancy his face too prop admit it? he is dreamy
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:22 pm

Well he lost, soderling through

Lee Na (french open champion) about to play now, oriental randy
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:24 pm

what was the score in the final set in the sod v hewitt match?

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:26 pm

6-4
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:37 pm

Afternoon All.

I've really enjoyed my week at the other place. Shame I'm not staying, but who knows where I could end up. One more day to go though, then it's U2 time!! Very Happy

I haven't really had the chance to read back fully, but from what I gather, I should say:

Good luck to Prop and Mickado on the job apps.

Get well soon Dreamer.

Good news on the trip Rava, you'll really enjoy yourself Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:39 pm

Micky T - if the employee doesn't deal with the public in person at all what's the issue? Even British civil service allow some tattoos/piercings and choice hairstyles within reason.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:44 pm

ah pants, well one game out isn't so bad I guess.

Sounds like you've got a great weekend set out for you Cari!

I'm just praying the weather is good tomorrow for the village fete, they're not much fun when it's raining, then again, I could just go and hide out in the village pub....

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:48 pm

Are you heading West again Dreamer? I'm down there week after next. Hopefully the weather will improve, but from what I saw on the BBC forecast it's sunshine and showers....typical for the Glastonbury weekend. Rolling Eyes

Aye busy weekend hopefully if I keep myself motivated...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:51 pm

Cari wrote:Are you heading West again Dreamer? I'm down there week after next. Hopefully the weather will improve, but from what I saw on the BBC forecast it's sunshine and showers....typical for the Glastonbury weekend. Rolling Eyes

Aye busy weekend hopefully if I keep myself motivated...

Cari, make sure you've got your wellies it's muddy already
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

yep back West again, village fete on the Sat and my Grandparent's have organised a family meal for the Sunday so it should be a good one.

We're having a twmpath in the evening on Sat with a proper folk band playing the music so it should be good, nice chilled out fun weekend, tis just what I need!

Ah you'll be all set watching Glasto, and you said your HEC final dvd has arrived right? You'll be in bliss!

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 23 Jun 2011, 5:56 pm

You may now address me as WillyGilly BA Hons. Glad that's over. Wasted 3 years to be perfectly honest. Now there's the whole 'rest of your life' thingimy to get on with. Gutted.

Also gutted for Lleyton.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:00 pm

Willy - a BA isn't as important as a BSc is it? Wink Only taking the pish. Well done. You could always become a perpetual student - next an MA, PhD...

Kiwi - I'm not actually going to Glasto. not worth it just for U2 when it's all on telly for nowt! Smile

Dreamer - yeah I'm going to watch the whole 2 DVDs on Saturday...then Sunday it's the Dubs on the radio - securing a win for my birthday Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:02 pm

Actually if were doing that them I.want to be addressed as Hughie B.Sc Hons please

And just like you Willy it was a complete waste of time, congratulations buddy delighted for you and having the degree will.stand to you in the future
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:03 pm

Nothing wrong with a BA Hons, well done Willy Smile I've got one too, agree on the waste of time bit also, but at least I've got one!

Ah Cari, you'r deffo going to have a good weekend then, have some cake in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:04 pm

Nice one Willy OK

Good call Cari. I'll be doing the same. And hopefully it's sunny for my cricket game in Hampshire Sunday ...

(Regards, Kiwireddevil, BSc MCom)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:09 pm

Oh wait. Hang on it might be a BSc.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:28 pm

I got a BSc. What did you study Willy? You going to carry on being a student?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

An early Xmas prez for the Munster fans....

http://store.munsterrugby.ie/product.php?productid=553&cat=45&page=1

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

BScEcon Economics with Accounting, and no I can't wait to get out of this faculty no harm to them. No plans what's on the horizon.

Wait a sec Ulster were looking for backrowers weren't they?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:51 pm

WillyGilly wrote:BScEcon Economics with Accounting, and no I can't wait to get out of this faculty

Laugh Laugh Laugh
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:52 pm

I did Economics and it was a BSc. I too now look back thinking I wasted 3 years of my life to rack up £20,000 debt and miss out on about double that in lost earnings... but it was a good laff!

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

the mods are pretty extreme in here.

See picture attached. Smile

Spoiler:
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 6:58 pm

Laugh

ah Micky I love that! (although maybe I shouldn't say that....)

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:08 pm

I am still crying laughing at it.

One of the lads showed me it there and I just thought it was hilarious
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:14 pm

Dreamer/Penfro, many thanks for the sponsorship. I think I have already thanked the others who have done so (or rather I hope). I went out for a run earlier and have aggravated one of the blisters from my last game of rugby (from a good month or more ago now), so I think I am going to be in a world of hurt next week. I will be using my runkeeper app to track what I do, so you know that I do finish it and have honestly done the lot. I am determined to do the whole lot.

One more day of my course (although I have passed it) and I'm free. Unfortunately I have to start at 4am, but it's worth it so I know I can get back to Wales in plenty of time for a few drinks tomorrow. It has without doubt been the hardest course I have ever done during my time in.

Still no confirmation of the Andy Tuilagi deal to Dragons, but it is done apparently.

Richard Parks has started climbing Denali, but he had a rather lucky escape as he fell into a crevace. He was pulled out with some difficulty and I believe he is still going. The man is something else.

Class image Micky T.

Congratulations to the Uni guys who have passed their courses.

Stag, you rotter. Best of luck again for your job.

Not sure what I've missed and now I'm offski again. Fair to say I've been pretty productive in my absence from here, so I need to keep it up really (training etc).

See All Soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:24 pm

Awesome work Micky-T!!!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:40 pm

Only listened to this for the first time just now thought I'd share it, awesome song and lyrics i.m.o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_zJDqp4BYw&feature=fvst
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:41 pm

Quick stop.

Rev, good to hear from you. Keep safe mate OK

Micky T - that was ace! Pished myself, well almost laughing

Cari I hope where you are when watching Glastonberry it isn't wet Wink . Then again......

Willy, well done on the BSc. Now, get out and get a proper job Whistle

Later folks, byeeeee!!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 23 Jun 2011, 7:45 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Maybe they'd dress like adults then Whistle

What do "adults" dress like then Munsty? I cant wait. 8)

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

Rava ,rev and reverb gibbo,lyd,Yo!!

can't read back further.
OK I need help;just got my pc and phone functioning together(samlung phone) Any help on apps,especially maps/routes,or in fact any good reliable recommendable FREE ware.......don' t forget I only have one finger laughing
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next