The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

+30
FIFA Diva
d260005p
A Fine Folk.
Sugar Floyd Louis
TopoftheChops
GG
Don Corleone187
GillesSimon
Josiah Maiestas
czaree
jro786
User Name
Kay Fabe
CFCNick
braveheart101
liverbnz
Fernando
Kenny
dublfcynwa
ian_jamsie
Thomond
JoshSansom
sodhat
JDandfries
Adam D
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Crimey
Dx Dan.
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Brady12
34 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who would you have in your team?

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? Vote_lcap72%Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 61 ]
Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? Vote_lcap28%Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 85

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? Empty Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Brady12 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Pretty straight forward one really......

I'm going for the one that can score goals, has pace, doesn't get injured & can finish...... Step forward Daniel Sturridge

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? Empty Re: Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Depends. If my team was battling for mid-table and had some good crossers of the ball- I'd take Carroll.

For a team that can create more chances and play the ball in behind defences more often- Sturridge.

Seeing as Carroll left us I voted for Sturridge.

Back to top Go down

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? Empty Re: Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:41 am

I would go for the player that is a team player, can hold the ball up, has incredible strenght, aereal prowess, create assists AND score goals.

Step forward big Andy Carrol

thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Daniel Sturridge without a doubt, Carroll is well overated and overpriced.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:32 pm

I like both players but at the end of the day, the only reason you started this topic was to have a go at Carroll who you have an irrational vendetta against but I'll give you my reason for thinking Carroll is the better option.

Daniel Strurridge has played just 60 games over three clubs, he was let go by Manchester City and struggled to get into a Chelsea side. At the end of the day he had a pretty good spell at Bolton Wanderers and that's almost the sole reason people have suddenly started to sing his praises, he struggled to produce a lot of goals at both City and Chelsea and although he may improve, so far he is a lot further away from a quality Premier League striker than Andy Carroll is. To be honest I can't see Strurridge making it at Chelsea, they're bringing in Lukaku which will limit his options even more.

Andy Carroll scoring record of 31 goals in 80 games with Newcastle which is a pretty good strike rate for a player of his age. He was chosen by Newcaslte at 21 to lead their line for their return to the Premier League, and let's be honest did a pretty good job at it. 19 games, 11 goals in the first half of the league and impressed fans and critics alike, coping against bigger sides and causing problems for some of the best defenders. He may have been overpriced but that doesn't mean, in any way at all that he isn't a good player, he's the main striker for a top Premier League club and has broken into the England side while Strurridge warms the Chelsea bench and might not even do that this year should the Lukaku deal get completed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:56 am

This is a stupid question - Andy Carroll every time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:00 am

Price has nothing to do with this question (whoever said overpriced).

A player doesnt command his pricetag and it shouldnt enter into the discussion.

If Messi was valued at £3.20 + a can of Happy Shopper cola, would he suddenly be a bad player? Of course not. So what if Carroll is "overpriced" - he is a great player, as is Sturridge.

Depending on who they are playing for, depends on the answer. I have gone for Carroll, however, in my fantasy team I have picked Sturridge as I reckon he will be at Spurs for the kick off to the season, where he will score a hatfull.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 am

Not even close,

One is quick, has an eye for goal, wants to play football, doesnt get injured and will stay out of prison.

The other is the opposite.

Stuiridge all day long!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 am

It's a tough question and as Hobo said, it depends who they are playing for and the style they play.

I think Carroll is a good finisher and has an exceptionally powerful strike, which shouldn't be overlooked in favour of Owen-esque deftness necessarily.

Sturridge may prove to be a top drawer striker in the long term and I hope he gets out of Chelsea this summer now Lukaku is on board and no doubt preferred.

At the moment I'm taking Carroll.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:21 am

JDandfries wrote:Not even close,

One is quick, has an eye for goal, wants to play football, doesnt get injured and will stay out of prison.

Stuiridge all day long!

Yet despite all those qualities Sturridge has failed to break into the first team of two clubs already, but Andy Carroll has led the front line for two fairly big clubs at just a few months older.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:27 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
JDandfries wrote:Not even close,

Stuiridge all day long!

Yet despite all those qualities Sturridge has failed to break into the first team of two clubs already, but Andy Carroll has led the front line for two fairly big clubs at just a few months older.

Not to mention his country Rolling Eyes

This is such a no-brainer

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 am

At Newcastle, Carrol had competition from Shola Ameobi and Nile Ranger, at Liverpool he now has competition from David N'gog - if he couldnt get into the team, he would have a problem.

Whereas, at Chelsea, sturridge must oust, Drogba, Torres, Anelka, Kalou and now Lukaku - all established International.

At City he had to get in beforemore established internationals like Tevez, Adebeyor, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, so to compare them in that way is just plain stupid

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:35 am

Arguably Andy Carroll had to compete with anyone who costs less than £50 million to get in the Liverpool team.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 am

Sturridge is likely to start the season (after his three game ban) as first choice on the right of a forward three ... he is good value on Fantasy Football at £6.5m too! He has got a few goals in pre-season as well as ones last season for Bolton and in the last few seasons for Chelsea in cup competitions.

I voted for Danny but then again I am a Chelsea fan so that is hardly surprising. Would be good to hear what some Man Utd, City or Arsenal fans have to say about the young English strikers of their rivals.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:37 am

Chelsea have signed two new strikers while Sturridge has been there, if he was as good as you make out why wouldn't they just play Strurridge? They have signed almost a direct replacement for him in Lukaku, when he first came to the club there was Drogba, Anelka and Kalou and he still struggled to get into the side even when they were playing three forwards.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:38 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Chelsea have signed two new strikers while Sturridge has been there, if he was as good as you make out why wouldn't they just play Strurridge? They have signed almost a direct replacement for him in Lukaku, when he first came to the club there was Drogba, Anelka and Kalou and he still struggled to get into the side even when they were playing three forwards.

Lukaku is a central striker and Danny will play from wide - they are nothing alike really. It is also the case that I can still see one of Kalou or Anelka leaving.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:38 am

Carrol has no competition to get into the Liverpool team

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:40 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:Chelsea have signed two new strikers while Sturridge has been there, if he was as good as you make out why wouldn't they just play Strurridge? They have signed almost a direct replacement for him in Lukaku, when he first came to the club there was Drogba, Anelka and Kalou and he still struggled to get into the side even when they were playing three forwards.

Man City have signed two striker while Tevez has been there, I bet he still gets into the team!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 am

JDandfries wrote:

Man City have signed two striker while Tevez has been there, I bet he still gets into the team!

But Sturridge won't play for Chelsea. They'll accomidate Drogba, Torres and Lukaku all before they try and get Sturridge into the side. Tevez is City's main striker, they've signed back ups.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 am

JDandfries wrote:Carrol has no competition to get into the Liverpool team

He has competition to get into the England team which includes Strurridge and he makes it ahead of them.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:48 am

If Sturridge is so much better than Carroll - why hasn't he been selected for England ahead of him for Wednesday? Given that Danny Welbeck has?

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:54 am

We should all know better than to judge a player's ability by whether or not he is in the current England squad!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:57 am

Does that translate as you know more about football than Fabio Capello?

That's not a camp I'm happy to be a part of - I'm perfectly happy to concede that my football knowledge may be a bit limited compared to his.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:03 pm

I am not professing to be more knowledgeable than Fabio, or any other England managers, except maybe Kevin Keegan, but just because some gets into the England squad means very little these days.

Players such as

Emile Heskey
Carlton Palmer
Scott Parker
Robert Green etc etc

show this to be a logical arguement

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:06 pm

It also depends on what you want your striker to be. Do you want a target man who can hold up the ball,bring others into play while grabbing goals,or do you want a guy like Sturridge who usually drops deep for the ball to create space for others. I would go for Carroll.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:10 pm

JDandfries wrote:I am not professing to be more knowledgeable than Fabio, or any other England managers, except maybe Kevin Keegan, but just because some gets into the England squad means very little these days.

Players such as

Emile Heskey
Carlton Palmer
Scott Parker
Robert Green etc etc

show this to be a logical arguement

Logical?

Emile Heskey is brilliant. Just because he doesn't score goals people get on his back.

Anyway - the real question is;

Who's better - Daniel Sturridge or Dean Sturridge?

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Saying Emile Heskey is brilliant diminishes and credibility you ever had!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:23 pm

Saying he didn't deserve to be in the England set-up diminished yours first mate

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 pm

never said he didnt deseve to, just said saying that he is 'in the england squad' doesnt really mean that much, when you look at who else gets in

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:29 pm

If you have a side that likes to get wide and stick crosses in I'd say Carrol.

Sturridge seems to be a better player though.

Time will tell.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Emile Heskey,is a good player,he won't get you many goals but he will be a key part in the build up to many. He holds up the ball well and brings others into the play.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:32 pm

JD has got a little vendetta against Liverpool for some reason.

Obviously Carrol is more of a complete player then Strurridge. Lets see who scores more this season thumbsup

Strurridge also relies on pace which he isnt going to have for all of his career, especially if injuries creep in.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:52 pm

ok Soldier - shall we have a friendly bet, say £10 ? Ill double it if Carrol makes more than 25 league starts

I'll take Sturridge to score more goals and you can have Carroll, I might even throw in Joe Cole and David N'Gog too?

I admit I dislike Liverpool, but this is irrelevant in my rating of Andy Carroll.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:13 pm

SO what do you mean, who scores more goals and you will give me another £10 if Carrol makes more then 25 league starts.?

I wont be sly and I will just take Carrol to score if that is the case.

To be honest though am not sure you will pay up!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:52 pm

I wont need to pay up, but should Andy Carroll stay out of prison and score more goals than Daniel Sturridge - I will wing £10 your way.

If you win, and Carroll amzingly stays injury free and starts more than 25 league games i'll send you £20 in total

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:22 pm

JDandfries wrote:I wont need to pay up, but should Andy Carroll stay out of prison and score more goals than Daniel Sturridge - I will wing £10 your way.

If you win, and Carroll amzingly stays injury free and starts more than 25 league games i'll send you £20 in total

thumbsup Sound you have got your self a bet my friend there isnt hand shake emoticon so give me a thumps up to confirm. Is it league goals and starts were talking about?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:07 pm

whoa - nice try, but where did I mention league goals???

Goals, all competitions, or are you going to welch?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Haha take it you dont think Sturridge is going to get many starts in the league then for Chelsea.

So is it 25 starts in all competitions for Caroll then or just the league?

Ill take your money if I must thumbsup Bet is off if Sturridge leaves Chelsea!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 am

Look at you trying to worm out of it!!

Why would the bet be off if Sturrisge leaves Chelsea? It almost seems like you are admitting he is the better player there!!

I stated before, most goals between the two and that i would double the bet if you won, and Carroll started 25 league games!

You accept?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:25 am

thumbsup

Your only hope is that if he leaves Chelsea but I'll give you a chance.

Thumbsup if you accept

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:18 pm

I have always accepted, I made the bet offer to you.

I think I will win regardless if he stays or goes, seems he has been a star in pre-season!!

thumbsup

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:21 pm

JDandfries wrote:I have always accepted, I made the bet offer to you.

I think I will win regardless if he stays or goes, seems he has been a star in pre-season!!

thumbsup

I know Caroll has had a good pre season

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:11 pm

I would take the second top English goal scorer in the prem last season while he was plauged with injury he still managed to outscore Sturridge who played a lot more game's. Not much of debate really ill take the one that scores the most goals which is Carroll by far.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:32 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:I would take the second top English goal scorer in the prem last season while he was plauged with injury he still managed to outscore Sturridge who played a lot more game's. Not much of debate really ill take the one that scores the most goals which is Carroll by far.

You really should do some research before you post such nonesense!!

8 goals in 12 starts for Sturridge last season

13 in 27 for Carroll

Neither are bad but there is a reason Andy Carroll is always injured - look at his lifestytle, and how unfit he is in general - he is only 21 years old but despite this cannot manage more than 25 games a season.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:38 am

My mistake again it seems, I thought this thread was about Andy Carroll? Doh

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 pm

I've removed some posts from this thread.
I'm sure you can debate without the need to insult each other.
Play nice guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Sturridge in the not in the match squad

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 am

He was suspended.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:53 am

So - 1 game in, 0/1 from Carrol and 0/0 from sturridge.

Despite Sturridge being suspended for three games, I am still happier about my bet.

Carrol failed to score again Sunderland, and Sturridge will not fail to get into that Chelsea team when he returns!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:56 am

JDandfries wrote:So - 1 game in, 0/1 from Carrol and 0/0 from sturridge.

Despite Sturridge being suspended for three games, I am still happier about my bet.

Carrol failed to score again Sunderland, and Sturridge will not fail to get into that Chelsea team when he returns!

Haha optimistic there. Carroll had a perfectly good goal chalked off aswell

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next