The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

+30
FIFA Diva
d260005p
A Fine Folk.
Sugar Floyd Louis
TopoftheChops
GG
Don Corleone187
GillesSimon
Josiah Maiestas
czaree
jro786
User Name
Kay Fabe
CFCNick
braveheart101
liverbnz
Fernando
Kenny
dublfcynwa
ian_jamsie
Thomond
JoshSansom
sodhat
JDandfries
Adam D
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Crimey
Dx Dan.
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Brady12
34 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who would you have in your team?

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 4 Vote_lcap72%Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 61 ]
Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 85

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 4 Empty Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Brady12 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pretty straight forward one really......

I'm going for the one that can score goals, has pace, doesn't get injured & can finish...... Step forward Daniel Sturridge

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by jro786 Tue 04 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

JDandfries wrote:The fact that he can't give me his fan card number says alot - he has gone quiet all of a sudden can't think why?

I don't need to act my age (41) and the day I take advice from you will be a sad day indeed!

well jd

i did post my fan card number privately

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 4 Empty Re: Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:52 pm

this thread is pointless. Both completely different types of striker

Like comparing night and day

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:10 pm

Sturridge is better value for money and he is a very hard worker and he has better stamina.

Carroll's finishing is more accurate and he has a much bigger aerial threat.

I think that Sturridge will be the better player of the two. His spell at Bolton last year helped him a lot.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat 08 Oct 2011, 12:56 pm

Sturridge all day long. Will outscore Caroll this season too!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:10 am

Sturridge 4 v 1 Carroll!! Yahoo

Just been checking, so far Danny Graham, Mohammed Diame, Niclas Bendtner and Titus Bramble have all scored more or matched £35m Andy Carrol's tally so far this season; hell even Torres has more!!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Mon 17 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

SHAME ON ALL WHO WOULD RATHER HAVE CAROLL!!

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:25 pm

JDandfries wrote:Sturridge 4 v 1 Carroll!! Yahoo

Just been checking, so far Danny Graham, Mohammed Diame, Niclas Bendtner and Titus Bramble have all scored more or matched £35m Andy Carrol's tally so far this season; hell even Torres has more!!

4 - 2 thumbsup Torres has only scored two and Bramble and Bentner have scored one.

Can't you count

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:27 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
JDandfries wrote:Sturridge 4 v 1 Carroll!! Yahoo

4 - 2 thumbsup

can't you count

Oh yes so you are right, Carroll scored for the reserves in the Carling Cup didnt he. censored

I actually think Sturridge already has enough for me to win, but we shall see!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:30 pm

Well it was actually the first team cos reserve team goals dont count Doh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:31 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Well it was actually the first team cos reserve team goals dont count Doh

I never said it was areserve team game, just that he played in the reserve team, in the Carling Cup! thumbsup

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:35 pm

Liverpool v Exeter
25 Reina 22 Wilson 37 Skrtel 38 Flanagan 49 Robinson 04 Meireles (Carroll 20) 11 Maxi 14 Henderson 20 Spearing 26 Adam (Shelvey 77) 07 Suarez (Downing 59)

Good reserve team thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

Yeah, not a bad one, but still a reserve team!

Didnt see Wilson, Flannagan, Robsinson, Spearing, Shelvey, or Carrol much on Saturday.

Seriously, just send the lad on loan to us we need a big striker that we can throw on with 20 mins to go, he maybe get his confidence back and start scoring some goals.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

JDandfries wrote:Yeah, not a bad one, but still a reserve team!

Didnt see Wilson, Flannagan, Robsinson, Spearing, Shelvey, or Carrol much on Saturday.

Seriously, just send the lad on loan to us we need a big striker that we can throw on with 20 mins to go, he maybe get his confidence back and start scoring some goals.

Well unless you watched the West Ham v Blackpool game then no you wouldn't have seen much of Shelvey JD. Were you surprised not see Aquilani and Cole on the bench either?

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:05 am

FreekShow wrote:

Well unless you watched the West Ham v Blackpool game then no you wouldn't have seen much of Shelvey JD. Were you surprised not see Aquilani and Cole on the bench either?

See someone missed the point! Doh

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

JDandfries wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

Perhaps I should have gone back and read the previous 217 pages of your petty bickering with Soldier to find that point. My apologies.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:05 pm

FreekShow wrote:
JDandfries wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

Perhaps I should have gone back and read the previous 217 pages of your petty bickering with Soldier to find that point. My apologies.

laughing

Not necessary to do that, you only had to look 3 posts above!!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 4:48 pm

jay-z wrote:Sturridge all day long. Will outscore Caroll this season too!
Even as a Liverpool fan I would have to go for Sturridge especially as Carroll will only start about half of the league games. I couldn't believe that Sturridge was 66/1 to be the PL top scorer or 15/1 to be in the top 5 scorers this season

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon 31 Oct 2011, 6:59 pm

Damn Carroll! Slow, Clumbsy, No determination, really frustrates me with his 35 million price tag!

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 31 Oct 2011, 7:01 pm

I think he played pretty well against Norwich, his first touch has been awful all season, but I think he's good at getting in the right positions and the more he and Suarez play together the more encouraging a possible partnership between the two is looking.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 01 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think he played pretty well against Norwich, his first touch has been awful all season, but I think he's good at getting in the right positions and the more he and Suarez play together the more encouraging a possible partnership between the two is looking.

I agree, Suarez plays better when Carrol starts, Carrol takes some of the heat off Suarez who then get more space and can influence the game even more. The signs are encouraging.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 01 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

I'd like to see them have a run of games together to build the partnership and to get Andy some more match fitness .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 01 Nov 2011, 4:59 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think he played pretty well against Norwich, his first touch has been awful all season, but I think he's good at getting in the right positions and the more he and Suarez play together the more encouraging a possible partnership between the two is looking.

I agree, Suarez plays better when Carrol starts, Carrol takes some of the heat off Suarez who then get more space and can influence the game even more. The signs are encouraging.

I also think if Suarez and Carroll are both in the side we are unlikely to play the long ball to utilise Suarez. And despite Carroll's obvious strength in the air, I think he plays much better when he avoid long balls to him and play the ball to his feet. (As long as he improves that first touch!)

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:41 am

Well, this getting a little bit embarrassing now - the scores at present are

Sturridge 6 v 3 Carroll

Despite being given a head start (sturridge banned for first three games of the season, he is streets ahead and now Carrol 4th choice striker at Liverpool I see the gap getting extended.

In has last two cameo substitute appearences, the £35m record signing has fallen over the ball twice, missed two sitters and been booked twice in the 15 minutes he had played.

Hoping Boro can get him on loan in January!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:15 pm

JDandfries wrote:Well, this getting a little bit embarrassing now - the scores at present are

Sturridge 6 v 3 Carroll

Despite being given a head start (sturridge banned for first three games of the season, he is streets ahead and now Carrol 4th choice striker at Liverpool I see the gap getting extended.

In has last two cameo substitute appearences, the £35m record signing has fallen over the ball twice, missed two sitters and been booked twice in the 15 minutes he had played.

Hoping Boro can get him on loan in January!

Street's ahead? Embarrassing? There is 3 goal's in it.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 29 Nov 2011, 2:56 pm

Given that Andy carrol is unlikely to get to 5, never mind 6, its far enough ahead.

You cant score if you dont play!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 29 Nov 2011, 3:01 pm

Completely agree you cant score from the bench .

Looks like both will start tonight
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 29 Nov 2011, 3:58 pm

How can the team that has played in the League Cup be classed as a reserve team? Apart from Wilson, Robinson and Flanagan (2 of which played a lot of first team matches last season) and Shelvey who's on loan and Meireles who's at Chelsea the rest of that team were in the squad who played against Chelsea and Man City. Not bad for a reserve team to get 4 points from the 2 biggest spending clubs over the past 5 years

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 29 Nov 2011, 4:00 pm

How many started?

Carroll is fourth choice now, just accept it and send him out on loan, hopefuly someone will pay £5m for him in the summer!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 5:11 pm

Carroll is second choice behind Suarez. Bellamy and Kuyt almost always play as wingers rather than strikers.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Nov 2011, 6:28 pm

Sturridge is having a better season and for me is proving to be a better player and more valuable to the team

Both Carroll and Sturridge have played 14 times this season for their respective clubs

Carroll has scored 3 times
Sturridge has scored 7 times

Sturridge has started 8 league games (1 sub) and scored 6 league goals

Carroll has started 9 league games (3 sub) and managed 2 league goals

So far this season Daniel Sturridge is way ahead of Andy Carroll in terms of goals and performance in my opinion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 6:50 pm

I don't think anybody would try and argue that Carroll is playing better than Sturridge at the moment to be honest. But there's plenty of time for Andy Carroll to redeem himself.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:04 pm

I think Carroll looked in better shape then he had in a long time on sunday so hopefully this will be the start of a brighter patch for him.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:15 pm

I'm hoping he can get a goal tonight, he looked pretty sharp against City (bar his stupid tackle) and Chelsea's defence is looking really shaky lately. I think he could bag a goal if we play well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:28 pm

I've been following Liverpool quite a bit this season although I've obviously not been paying as much attention as I thought, I didn't realise Carroll has actually started so many games, particularly in the league

I wish the Liverpool/Chelsea game was on TV tonight, I feel that'd be a far better game than Arsenal City

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 29 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

I'm watching it on a stream, Chelsea and Liverpool have both put out fairly strong sides as well.

I didn't realise Carroll had started that many games either to be honest. I think he has looked better every game though, so he's finding his feet anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 29 Nov 2011, 8:15 pm

See, absolute garbage Andy Carroll is, can't even put a penalty away against one of the worst keepers around - don't want him on loan now, however I think Darlo need a striker, send him there!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue 29 Nov 2011, 8:34 pm

JDandfries wrote:How many started?

Carroll is fourth choice now, just accept it and send him out on loan, hopefuly someone will pay £5m for him in the summer!

From the team that played Exeter 5 started against Chelsea and 6 started against Man City. Not bad when you consider Johnson was injured, Meireles has joined Chelsea, Shelvey is on loan and Bellamy signed after the Exeter game.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue 29 Nov 2011, 11:54 pm

Everyone knows the Carling Cup is a reserve team cup for the big teams - hence why Carroll started! Good win tonight btw, despite Jason Lee missing a penalty

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 30 Nov 2011, 10:38 am

I think both Chelsea and Liverpool put out fairly strong teams last night. Maxi, Bellamy, Henderson, Lucas, Reina, Carroll, Kuyt and Jose Enrique all played against Chelsea in the Premier League just 9 days before. And Chelsea's team was hardly that weak, with players like Lukaku, Torres, Ramires, Malouda, Luiz, Bosingwa.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 1:14 pm

JDandfries wrote:Everyone knows the Carling Cup is a reserve team cup for the big teams - hence why Carroll started! Good win tonight btw, despite Jason Lee missing a penalty
A clubs first team squad includes substitutes so the number of players that start a League game or Carling Cup game is irrelevant. If they are on the bench they are still part of the first team.
Man City's team included Toure, Kolarov, Johnson, Nasri, De Jong, Aguero and Dzeko. Chelsea's had Luiz, Bosingwa, Alex, Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Torres, Lukaku, Ramires, Mata and Romeu and Liverpool had Reina, Enrique, Carragher, Maxi, Henderson, Lucas, Carroll, Bellamy, Adam, Skrtel, Kelly, Kuyt, Downing and Suarez. Some reserve teams they are.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:11 pm

JDandfries wrote:See, absolute garbage Andy Carroll is, can't even put a penalty away against one of the worst keepers around - don't want him on loan now, however I think Darlo need a striker, send him there!

jd

lay off caroll, judge him in may
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed 30 Nov 2011, 2:35 pm

jro786 wrote:
JDandfries wrote:See, absolute garbage Andy Carroll is, can't even put a penalty away against one of the worst keepers around - don't want him on loan now, however I think Darlo need a striker, send him there!

jd

Why should I wait til May?

Is he going to turn into Alan Shearer at Easter?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:01 am

JDandfries wrote:
jro786 wrote:

jd

Why should I wait til May?

Is he going to turn into Alan Shearer at Easter?

you never know in football, who would've picked palace to beat man utd last night,

so in that conclusion jd

'wait til may'
jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:31 pm

Carrol has been a waste since joining Liverpool. Whoever said he has "led the line" is obviously a cricket fan considering he has hardly played whatsoever (which you dont expect given the price tag!). Who cares if he has played a few games for England, Sturridge is BY FAR the better player in terms of Technique, Speed, Skill, Eye for Goal etc. Carrol has height and heading ability. Great. He has not got anything else though apart from being a bit of a mess off the pitch. Lets see how he does this season and compare the two in January. How many goals they score, starts, assists and we will have your answer. He looked great in the CHAMPIONSHIP..........but this is the PREMIER LEAGUE and he has not looked the same since. FACT.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 01 Dec 2011, 1:56 pm

d260005p wrote:Carrol has been a waste since joining Liverpool. Whoever said he has "led the line" is obviously a cricket fan considering he has hardly played whatsoever (which you dont expect given the price tag!). Who cares if he has played a few games for England, Sturridge is BY FAR the better player in terms of Technique, Speed, Skill, Eye for Goal etc. Carrol has height and heading ability. Great. He has not got anything else though apart from being a bit of a mess off the pitch. Lets see how he does this season and compare the two in January. How many goals they score, starts, assists and we will have your answer. He looked great in the CHAMPIONSHIP..........but this is the PREMIER LEAGUE and he has not looked the same since. FACT.

Well you must be a cricket fan too becuse he was good for Newcastle last season in the "PREMIER LEAGUE"
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 2:49 pm

d260005p wrote:Carrol has been a waste since joining Liverpool. Whoever said he has "led the line" is obviously a cricket fan considering he has hardly played whatsoever (which you dont expect given the price tag!). Who cares if he has played a few games for England, Sturridge is BY FAR the better player in terms of Technique, Speed, Skill, Eye for Goal etc. Carrol has height and heading ability. Great. He has not got anything else though apart from being a bit of a mess off the pitch. Lets see how he does this season and compare the two in January. How many goals they score, starts, assists and we will have your answer. He looked great in the CHAMPIONSHIP..........but this is the PREMIER LEAGUE and he has not looked the same since. FACT.

There is a few glaring inaccuracies here, to say Carroll has barely played is blatently wrong, Andy Carroll has played in 12 of Liverpool's Premiership matches this season, starting 9 and sub 3 times, knowing this would have helped you make a stronger point

As for the EPL, it's the same league that he scored 11 goals in 17 games for Newcastle in the first half of last season

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:00 pm

You can't really say (as much as I would like to) that he has no previous in the PL, he was good for NEwcastle last season.

But, I am of the opinion that this was because he was relatively unknown, and as such wasnt really considered a threat etc.

Now, however, that everyone realises that he is just a one dimensional lump, people know what to do against him, and he has been found wanting.

Awful buy from Dogleash, along with Adam and Henderson

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:31 pm

JDandfries wrote:You can't really say (as much as I would like to) that he has no previous in the PL, he was good for NEwcastle last season.

But, I am of the opinion that this was because he was relatively unknown, and as such wasnt really considered a threat etc.

Now, however, that everyone realises that he is just a one dimensional lump, people know what to do against him, and he has been found wanting.

Laugh You have reached a new level of cluelessness. Adam has been outstanding and Henderson has been good any time he has played. You must try harder with your pathetic wum attempts.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 01 Dec 2011, 3:39 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:
JDandfries wrote:You can't really say (as much as I would like to) that he has no previous in the PL, he was good for NEwcastle last season.

Laugh You have reached a new level of cluelessness. Adam has been outstanding and Henderson has been good any time he has played. You must try harder with your pathetic wum attempts.

Don't need to try, it's not a Wind up, although if it was, it would have been a succesful one, since it only took you a matter of minutes to reply.

However, IMO, having seen them, Adam spends the whole game kicking people and trying 50 yards passes, probably because his arse is so big he can't get around the pitch properly and Jordan Hendersonis just average, plain and simple

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:00 pm

JD your 40 mate. If you get your kicks from WUMMING on a forum I feel sorry for you.

Team is more important then one player and we have been quality recently.

Adam was only second to Lucas as the best player against City. The more he plays the more I like what I see from him. Beating Chelsea away twice and drawing against a rampant City (in which we should have won!) in the space of 9 days is remarkable.

Carroll will come good thumbsup

Long live the king

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next