The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

+30
FIFA Diva
d260005p
A Fine Folk.
Sugar Floyd Louis
TopoftheChops
GG
Don Corleone187
GillesSimon
Josiah Maiestas
czaree
jro786
User Name
Kay Fabe
CFCNick
braveheart101
liverbnz
Fernando
Kenny
dublfcynwa
ian_jamsie
Thomond
JoshSansom
sodhat
JDandfries
Adam D
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Crimey
Dx Dan.
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Brady12
34 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Who would you have in your team?

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 5 Vote_lcap72%Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 72% 
[ 61 ]
Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 5 Vote_lcap28%Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 85

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 5 Empty Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Brady12 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Pretty straight forward one really......

I'm going for the one that can score goals, has pace, doesn't get injured & can finish...... Step forward Daniel Sturridge

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 5 Empty Re: Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by dublfcynwa Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:04 pm

Your a bit weird.. What difference does it make how quick I reply? I came on, seen your stupid post and replied. That's generally how it work's. You can't be taken seriously about anything to do with Liverpool you obviously have some obsessed hatred toward's them, what has caused this hatred I wonder? were you mugged in Liverpool? buggered perhaps?

Last edited by dublfcynwa on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team??? - Page 5 Empty Re: Daniel Strurridge vs Andy Carroll who would you rather have in your team???

Post by Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:06 pm

I would much rather have sturridge in my side over carroll based on form.

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:06 pm

When he first joined Liverpool I thought Carroll would be an instant hit sadly not but I think he needs to wise up to being a professional Football and what it takes. If he does that then he can be a quality number 9 for them and he needs to hurry up because Suarez can easily make the strike position his own.

Right now I would take Sturridge but that don't mean Carroll is finished he needs to get his head down and show Liverpool why he is a good player.

Solider Of Fortune, I watched the game too but I fail to see how you should have won the game. Man City were on top for the first half Liverpool played long balls to Suarez second half you controlled.

Last edited by VivaPaulScholes on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:07 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:I would much rather have sturridge in my side over carroll based on form.

I think even Liverpool fan's would defo take Sturridge at the moment.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Just a general note guys and sorry to interrupt you can't call people wums just because they have a different opinion, all people have different opinions that's the way forums work thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:16 pm

JDandfries wrote:
However, IMO, having seen them, Adam spends the whole game kicking people and trying 50 yards passes, probably because his arse is so big he can't get around the pitch properly and Jordan Hendersonis just average, plain and simple
It was a 50 yard pass that set up Johnson's winner against Chelsea

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:17 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:Your a bit weird.. What difference does it make how quick I reply? I came on, seen your stupid post and replied. That's generally how it work's. You can't be taken seriously about anything to do with Liverpool you obviously have some obsessed hatred toward's them, what has caused this hatred I wonder? were you mugged in Liverpool? buggered perhaps?

Whatever you do though, don't let it get to you!! Hug

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:26 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:When he first joined Liverpool I thought Carroll would be an instant hit sadly not but I think he needs to wise up to being a professional Football and what it takes. If he does that then he can be a quality number 9 for them and he needs to hurry up because Suarez can easily make the strike position his own.

Right now I would take Sturridge but that don't mean Carroll is finished he needs to get his head down and show Liverpool why he is a good player.

Solider Of Fortune, I watched the game too but I fail to see how you should have won the game. Man City were on top for the first half Liverpool played long balls to Suarez second half you controlled.
Liverpool had 56% of possession, 17 shots to City's 7 of which 9 were on target compared to City's 3. If that doesn't say Liverpool were the better team I don't know what does

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:29 pm

I think we were easily on top against City, and probably shouldn't have conceded a goal at all in the first half, it was just one poor set piece that led to it. We tormented Kompany and Lescott who looked really rattled for the first 45, and I think we clearly controlled the second half.

Aguero was anonymous, so too was Nasri, Silva tried but failed to be as brilliant as usual. I just can't see how you can say that Liverpool weren't the better side.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Think its because they panned Man U 6-1. Bit envious of how we performed against them i.e we made there main threat and play makers non existant and only conceeded from sloppy set piece.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Smaller teams always raise their game against the big clubs though?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:44 pm

I know thats why I thought City and Chelsea would have performed much better.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:06 am

Liverpool fan here. Truth is Sturridge is in very good form at the moment, whereas Carroll is not.

As it happens, I reckon they'd be a good fit as a front 2. That goal Sturridge set up for Drogba in the CL against Bayer Leverkusen is the sort of delivery I'd fancy Carroll to do well with and Sturridge would probably do well with knock-downs from Carroll. Worth a punt for England's group games next summer?
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:07 am

Carroll and Sturridge would probably fit better than either with Torres... laughing
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Are people REALLY still discussing this? Surely even people that said Caroll before the season started would've changed their minds by now..

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Sturridge was superb today, should probably have scored at least one more than he got but he terrorised Newcastle, won a penalty, made two great chances when he put Rimeries and Mata through and made Krul make one very good save

That's 7 league goals in 9 league starts (1 sub)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 pm

I think Soldier has Tim Krul to thank for not having to pay out on our bet before Xmas!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by acraver Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:13 pm

I think they're both very different players. I see Sturridge as more of a second striker, some that isn't the focal point of the offense but can punish you if given the space. While Carroll is a big imposing guy that, in my opinion, is worth more in the air than on his feet. But overall I think Sturridge has a much brighter future and will develop much more than Carroll.

acraver

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:16 am

Andy Carroll a joke again tonight, will Soldier agree to just pay up?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:53 am

We're hardly playing through Carroll though are we? There was next to nothing in terms of service.

It was a lot different for him at Newcastle where every attack went straight to him basically.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:31 am

That is what got me Invincible, why play carrol but leave the best crosser of the ball on the bench? Very Strange. Anyway, he missed two sitters, and was garbage

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 am

JDandfries wrote:That is what got me Invincible, why play carrol but leave the best crosser of the ball on the bench? Very Strange. Anyway, he missed two sitters, and was garbage

Only 2? Must have had one of his better games.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:12 am

Well he did start, so they got 75 minutes out him before they realised it was better to put Dirk kuyt on

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:36 am

I watched the game last night and have to agree, Carroll was terrible. Suarez was almost playing up front on his own, in fact he would probably have done better without Carroll there.

As a neutral, I get the feeling Carroll's heart is still at Newcastle.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 am

We should be asking who we would rather have out of Andy Carroll and N'gog tbh
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:24 am

N'Gog for me, at least he tries

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:33 am

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:We're hardly playing through Carroll though are we? There was next to nothing in terms of service.

I don't buy that to be honest, he missed two good chances last night, not just chances but top chances, the absolute minimum was to take one of them, then that would have opened the whole game up for the Reds

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:40 am

the-gaffer wrote:
invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:We're hardly playing through Carroll though are we? There was next to nothing in terms of service.

I don't buy that to be honest, he missed two good chances last night, not just chances but top chances, the absolute minimum was to take one of them, then that would have opened the whole game up for the Reds

Totallky agree, I will give him slight benefit of doubt on the one on his right foot, which he struck well but straight at Schwarzer, but the one he completely mis-kicked, on his supposed good foot was dyer!

I think, although still early, kenny has dropped a blob here, along with Henderson and to a lesser extent Adam.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:55 am

Adam is an interesting one, he gets so much of the ball because the two middle men do all his running, he inevitably does some good things but I just find him far too greedy too often, you'd hope that he can be coached to be more unselfish, you know he sees the pass but he just goes for glory

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:00 pm

I was just checking out the stats between the two again

Sturridge has started 9 league games (1 sub ) with 7 league goals and 33 shots on target

Carroll has 10 league starts (3 sub) with 2 league goals from 32 shots on target

Now, we know that Sturridge like he did on Saturday is more likely to create his own chances where as Carroll isn't so I'd say that the service has actually been there for Carroll he just hasn't done much with it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Sturridge winning by this battle so far..............

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:53 pm

It's hardly a battle, it's very one sided.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:00 pm

JDandfries wrote:N'Gog for me, at least he tries
Are you serious. Seeing as it's only on league form N'Gog is even worse than Carroll 1 goal from 9 matches this season and 11 career league goals from 89 matches

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Of course I was being serious, don't forget N'Gog has being playing for Bolton who are bottom of the league!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Before Bolton he scored once for PSG in 18 games and 9 for Liverpool in 63 games, both of which are top 6/7 teams. Plus thats the same Bolton that Sturridge played for last season and scored 8 in 12 matches so saying they are bottom of the league is irrelevant.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:54 pm

It's not really the same Bolton though is it? Sturridge played for a vibrant Bolton team who played good attacking football with style and confidence, they miss Sturridge, Elmander and Holdon big time this season

I'm not defending N'Gog though, he's stinking

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:14 pm

JD's argument was that because N'Gog plays for Bolton and they're bottom of the league that's why he hasn't scored more than once but if a teams position has a bearing on how many goals a player has scored then how is it that Yakubu is joint 4th highest scorer and Blackburn are 18th and were bottom last week

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:40 pm

True, Yakubu is a cracking goalscorer though to be fair, always has been, shame he was saddled with the strikers curse which is Everton for a few years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 am

Sturridge had a field day against Ryan Taylor last weekend, most of that was down to Taylor's ridiculously poor positioning though to be honest. On current form Sturridge is obviously having a better season than Carroll but if the big man hits the form he showed for the Toon this time last year i'd pick him all day long.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 am

My arguement is totally valid, I simply said that although N'Gog record is slightly worse than Carrols, that could be because he is playing in a struggling team, who are creating very little - its not like Carrol hasnt had chances is it?

Of course N'Gog is rubbish, but then again so is Carroll.

Yakubu has always scored goal, wherever he has been at, and in this case is the exception to the rule!

It is perfectly logical to say a player will get less chances to score in a team at teh bottom than one near the top, isnt it?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:25 pm

JDandfries wrote:My arguement is totally valid, I simply said that although N'Gog record is slightly worse than Carrols, that could be because he is playing in a struggling team, who are creating very little - its not like Carrol hasnt had chances is it?

Of course N'Gog is rubbish, but then again so is Carroll.

Yakubu has always scored goal, wherever he has been at, and in this case is the exception to the rule!

It is perfectly logical to say a player will get less chances to score in a team at teh bottom than one near the top, isnt it?
His scoring record is a lot worse than Carroll's at every club he has played for PSG, Liverpool and now Bolton.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:15 am

look I am not saying N'Gog is better than Carroll (not really) just saying Carrol isn't really THAT good

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5