The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Khans win over Judah and Hayes loss to Wlad..

+2
Jimmythebullet
Liam_Main
6 posters

Go down

After Khans win over Judah and Hayes loss to Wlad.. Empty After Khans win over Judah and Hayes loss to Wlad..

Post by Liam_Main Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:32 pm

What does your British P4P list now look like?

Heres mine:

1) Amir Khan
2) Carl Froch
3) Nathan Cleverly
4) Kell Brook
5) Ricky Burns
6) David Haye
7) Kevin Mitchell
8) Darren Barker
9) Tyson Fury
10) Tony Bellew

Thoughts and Opinion?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

After Khans win over Judah and Hayes loss to Wlad.. Empty Re: After Khans win over Judah and Hayes loss to Wlad..

Post by Jimmythebullet Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

I don't think losing to the dominant heavyweight of the last 7 years & Ring p4p number 5 should result in Haye being slipped behind cleverly, brook and burns. Haye has to be in the top 3.

I would have Froch at number one aswell. I don't think beating Judah & Maidana surpasses what Froch has done in the last few years..

Last edited by Jimmythebullet on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

After Khans win over Judah and Hayes loss to Wlad.. Empty Re: After Khans win over Judah and Hayes loss to Wlad..

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:43 pm

Liam_Main wrote:What does your British P4P list now look like?

Heres mine:

1) Amir Khan
2) Carl Froch
3) Nathan Cleverly
4) Kell Brook
5) Ricky Burns
6) David Haye
7) Kevin Mitchell
8) Darren Barker
9) Tyson Fury
10) Tony Bellew

Thoughts and Opinion?

1. Haye
2. Froch
3. Khan
4. Cleverly
5. Burns
6. Mitchell
7. Barker
8. Brook
9. Munroe
10. Macklin

changes every day mine if i'm honest, however i refuse to put Khan above Froch and Haye based on a win over an hasbeen, too predictable what was going to happen, he's beat nobody in the same league as Pascal, Dirrell imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:45 pm

Jimmythebullet wrote:I don't think losing to the dominant heavyweight of the last 7 years & Ring p4p number 5 should result in Haye being slipped behind cleverly, brook and burns. Haye has to be in the top 3.

I would have Froch at number one aswell. I dong think beating Judah & Maidana surpasses what Froch has done in the last few years..
You can say that again, i think Brook, Burns are good fighters but lets see Brook fight just a top 15 ww first!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

BBC'S Official P4P
1. David Haye

- Heavyweight
London (25-2, 23KOs)
Haye was outgunned in every department by Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg. But, lest we forget, Haye is a natural cruiserweight, and was a very good one at that. May now choose to retire.

2. Carl Froch

- Super-middleweight
Nottingham (28-1, 20KOs)
Froch saw off Jamaican warrior Glen Johnson to make the Super Six final, where he will meet slick American Andre Ward. Victory might make him a great to rival Joe Calzaghe.

3. Amir Khan

- Light-welterweight
Bolton (26-1, 18KOs)
Khan gave a superb display in beating the veteran Zab Judah and unifying the light-welterweight division - a fight against Mexico's shopworn legend Erik Morales could be next.

4. Kell Brook

- Welterweight
Sheffield (24-0, 16KOs)
Brook continued his journey towards a world title shot with an impressive defeat of the experienced Lovemore N'dou. Set to fight for the vacant WBO belt this year - and has his sights set on Khan.

5. Nathan Cleverly

- Light-heavyweight
Cefn Forest (22-0, 11KOs)
Cleverly landed the WBO title without having to throw a punch. Has big ambitions, but a fight against Bernard Hopkins might be too soon.

6. Matthew Macklin

- Middleweight
Birmingham (28-3, 19KOs)
Macklin was beaten by Germany's WBA title-holder Felix Sturm in June, although it was thought by many to be a home decision. Sturm has offered him a rematch, but Macklin fancies Argentine Sergio Martinez instead.

7. Kevin Mitchell

- Lightweight
Dagenham (32-1, 24KOs)
Mitchell looked back to his best in beating domestic rival John Murray in July, a victory that put him right back in the world-title mix.

8. Rendall Munroe

- Super-bantamweight
Leicester (23-2, 9KOs)
Munroe lost his match with WBC champion Toshiaki Nishioka in Tokyo but returned to Leicester with his head held high. Still harbours world title hopes and don't write him off.

9. Ricky Burns

- Super-featherweight
Coatbridge (32-2, 9KOs)
Burns made the third defence of his WBO crown with a quick-fire defeat of former world champion Nicky Cook in July. A unification bout could follow in the autumn.

10. Darren Barker

- Middleweight
London (23-0, 14KOs)
An injury put paid to an eagerly anticipated clash with Matthew Macklin and instead will fight the vastly-experienced - and talented - Argentine Sergio Martinez in October. Massive ask.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:49 pm

Haye can't be above either Froch or Khan, that's clear enough. It's pretty much a matter of taste whether you prefer Froch or Khan's opposition over the past couple of years that decides who should be top. Based solely on the fact that Froch has had no foe as lightly regarded as Salita or McCloskey, I would make him my number one choice, but wouldn't grumble at seeing Khan on top.

Froch, Khan, a gap, then Haye.... and then plenty of daylight before you get to the Burnses, Cleverlys, Brooks and Mitchells of this world.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

1) Carl Froch
2) Amir Khan
3) David Haye
4) Ricky Burns
5) Nathan Cleverly
6) Mathew Macklin
7) Kevin Mitchell
8) Darren Barker
9) Kell Brook
10) Rendall Munroe

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 24 Jul 2011, 9:56 pm

Khan sits at number 2 for me. Can't knock him for trying to unify the titles, but Judah is over the hill by some distance.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down