The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football Manager 2012

+34
6oldenbhoy
Scott is Back
Hero
Good Golly I'm Olly
as1079
The_Enigma
Beer
XR
Uryu Ishida
Gregers
BCFCCOOPS
Crimey
Mat
hampo17
Andthen1
Soldier_Of_Fortune
DerekRiordinho
ShankyCricket
baboo800
edgehead79
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Fists of Fury
Fernando
robbo277
ADMIN
Nay
Celtic Warrior
Marky
AberdeenSteve
compelling and rich
hodge
Dass
sodhat
38 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Football Manager 2012 - Page 10 Empty Football Manager 2012

Post by sodhat Tue 16 Aug 2011, 10:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Just a note (pinched directly from Wikipedia regarding the 2012 installment of FM. I am desperate to get a hold of this and start playing, I missed 2011 out but I fully intend to get back on this social life-sapping horse.

The next in the series of the Football Manager simulation game is set to be the 19th game released and is reported to include 800+ improvements. The new changes (of which only a few have been announced so far) include an improved 3D Match Engine, a new manager team talk system called "Tone" which will enhance your personality in the game and a different way to select the nations involved in your player database which now means that you can add or remove nations as you play.

The final version though, is yet to be finished as it will need the Summer Transfers within the game and some parts just need "finishing off".

More information from press releases is expected to come out in Autumn 2011 and the game is to come out before Christmas, but if the development stays on course it will be released (like previous versions in the series) in late October to early November 2011. A handheld version is also widely expected, but hasn't been officially announced as yet.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Football Manager 2012 - Page 10 Empty Re: Football Manager 2012

Post by Mat Mon 08 Oct 2012, 4:27 pm

I've started a season as Sheffield United. Thought it looked good in pre-season when I beat Hull 7-0 away from home, though I've just lost to them in the carling cup. Got rid of most of my high earners like Beattie and Creswell(Who was on 12.5k a week!!). Mostly loans and free transfers brought in.

Long

Lowton
McGuire
Baker
Ilunga

Sam
Stewart
MacDonald
Quinn

Counago
Hoskins/Will Keane.

Won every game in the league so far, just into September. Hoskins has got 6 in 4 games, Keane has 2 in 2.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Mon 08 Oct 2012, 6:13 pm

I've recently got back into FM, and bought 2012 on the cheap a month or so ago

I'm in my second season with Preston, got promoted on the last day last season, and I've got us up to 5th in the Championship after about 30 games, althought because of budget constraints I've got a fairly small squad and we've been hit with a bit injury crisis, so I'm down to about 13 fit players at the moment, and we've started to struggle after a really good run.

With everyone fit my strongest side is

Ian Turner

David Gray
Arne Freidrich
Ben Mee
Marc Tierney (on loan from Norwich)

Paul Coutts
Akos Buzsaky (on loan from QPR)
Adam Barton

Danny Mayor
Harry Kane (on loan from QPR) - top scorer with about 14 so far
Shaun Maloney (on loan from Wigan)

Subs:
Conor McLaughlin
Paul Parry
Matty James
Kemar Daley
Ian Hume

Quite pleased with how we're doing considering I've spent absolutely nothing in transfer fees!

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 09 Oct 2012, 11:29 am

lost the fulham replay 5-1

finished 7th that season, ah well..onwards and upwards!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:42 pm

After that horror run of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea and Manchester City left me on the very edge of the relegation zone. I've gone an 11 game unbeaten run, currently on 7 game winning run. Sit 9th in the table after 23 games, finished 8th last year so that would be acceptable.

Frustratingly, it's that time of year when back up players start complaining about first team football. So Gaston Ramirez and Jordan Rhodes are unhappy now, it's just the players in their positions are in too good form to play those two.

Next summer will be quite a big one, as I believe Abelda and Sergio, my two Spanish veteran central midfielders are both retiring, so I need to bring in replacements for them. At the moment my midfield trio are Cairney, Allen, McArthur.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeromedubois Tue 09 Oct 2012, 7:08 pm

Well at moment i have been manager of Havant and Waterlooville for 6 years. In that times I have gained promotion times by winning the league. This includes a back to back promotion from the BSS to League Two. At the moment I am in League 1.

The reason for the success is pretty much down to 4 players who I still use in League One and who have been pivotal.

Neil Yadolashi (CB)
Fergus Bell (Poacher)
Lewis Guy (AMR)
Phil Imray (GK)

jeromedubois

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 12 Oct 2012, 1:18 pm

CF wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I have just been koncked out of the Champions league group stage with 12 points!!!

wtf

Yer on my Wolves league, that was 2 seasons ago though. I won my first 4 games and just thought I would be through, played my second team the next two games and got beat in both and then it flashed up I was knocked out!! I checked and I had been knocked out by head to head away goals!!!

Not to worry cos it looks like am getting my revenge this season, am in the Semi's against Inter, so far so good.

Am in the latter parts of 2018 - 2019 season

I would name my team but half of them are regens, here it goes.

GK: Regen (World Class GK)
DR: Walker or Romario
DC: Regen
DC: Regen or Rhodolfo
DL: Regen (World Class DL)
MC: M'Villa or Nainggolan
MC: Javi Martinez or Erikksen
AMR: Regen or Weiss
AMC: Regen or Gotze
AML: Gotze or Adam Johnson
FC: Regen or Regen or Mbaye Niang

Laugh

I'll have to upload some screenshots of them!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:12 pm

Adam Johnson seems to be unbelievably good in my one. I'm nearing the end of the 2013-14 season and he's at Manchester United now after a season and a half at Everton.

If anybody is looking for a good young midfielder, get Tom Cairney from Hull, he costs about £3 million and he's only 21 I think, he's been awesome for me with Swansea, second in assists two years in a row with 11 at the moment with 8 games to go. He'll only get better as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:27 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
CF wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I have just been koncked out of the Champions league group stage with 12 points!!!

wtf

Yer on my Wolves league, that was 2 seasons ago though. I won my first 4 games and just thought I would be through, played my second team the next two games and got beat in both and then it flashed up I was knocked out!! I checked and I had been knocked out by head to head away goals!!!

Not to worry cos it looks like am getting my revenge this season, am in the Semi's against Inter, so far so good.

Am in the latter parts of 2018 - 2019 season

I would name my team but half of them are regens, here it goes.

GK: Regen (World Class GK)
DR: Walker or Romario
DC: Regen
DC: Regen or Rhodolfo
DL: Regen (World Class DL)
MC: M'Villa or Nainggolan
MC: Javi Martinez or Erikksen
AMR: Regen or Weiss
AMC: Regen or Gotze
AML: Gotze or Adam Johnson
FC: Regen or Regen or Mbaye Niang

Laugh

I'll have to upload some screenshots of them!

This Regen fella gets around eh.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:29 pm

Vauxhall are FINALLY a professional team!

after 7th in the BSP they agreed to be a pro team. NEW CONTRACTS FOR EVERYBODY!!

Edit / Update:

FINALLY a League 2 club!

won the BSP on the final day after dropping the ball on games 40-44 but Hayes slipped up on game 46 and lost as I won.

Stadium upgrade to 10k seats, currently at a 13k stadium based in Widnes as my money troubles well...losing 300k a month.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:03 am

WOOOOOOO

Vauxhall Motors in League 1! finished 2nd in my first season in League 2

was 1st for about 1/3rd of the season. Getting to the top was hard and in Feb / March I slipped up to 5th before telling my team to cheer up and we eventually finished 2nd as Pompey were 1st and uncatchable.

My team got the most red cards in a season :P

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:28 pm

I have a game as Everton and in my first season finished 4th in the table so I was very pleased, especially starting with zero as a transfer budget

made only one signing bring Pires in on a free and then brought Welbeck in on loan

Usually play a 4 4 1 1 formation with Jelavic (when fit) up top with Cahill or Pires behind him. Jelavic gets injured far too much, but when he plays he usually scores, Cahill ended up top scorer but he was often used as a striker in the absence of Jelavic until I brought Welbeck in January transfer window. Fellaini and Rodwell in the middle with Drenthe/Pienaar on left and Osman on the right

Unfortunately in the summer due to finishing high in the table and increased takings I got iven a transfer budget of around £15 million, I made Pienaar permanent from spurs and Drenthe from free and then brought in Dembele to replace Cahill long term, unfortunately second season not going so well and currently lie 10th after 12 games

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Oct 2012, 12:34 pm

Im now in 2019 season with West ham

This is my side:

--------------------Butland---------------

--Cassani-----Pique------Ogbonna----Tomkins--

----Oxo---------Banega----Busquets------Martin---

-------------------------Pedro------Wickham-----------------

Currently struggling this season, 11th in prem after 10 games, struggling in champions league, 3rd in the group, and running out of money on the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Oct 2012, 2:24 pm

gazzyD wrote:I have a game as Everton and in my first season finished 4th in the table so I was very pleased, especially starting with zero as a transfer budget

made only one signing bring Pires in on a free and then brought Welbeck in on loan

Usually play a 4 4 1 1 formation with Jelavic (when fit) up top with Cahill or Pires behind him. Jelavic gets injured far too much, but when he plays he usually scores, Cahill ended up top scorer but he was often used as a striker in the absence of Jelavic until I brought Welbeck in January transfer window. Fellaini and Rodwell in the middle with Drenthe/Pienaar on left and Osman on the right

Unfortunately in the summer due to finishing high in the table and increased takings I got iven a transfer budget of around £15 million, I made Pienaar permanent from spurs and Drenthe from free and then brought in Dembele to replace Cahill long term, unfortunately second season not going so well and currently lie 10th after 12 games

Pires has been a good free signing since at least FM 2011, I think the developer who decided that must be an Arsenal fan as he's well overrated as we saw how poor he was when Aston Villa signed him, in FM 2012 he was doing a great job for PSG in the Champions League, just had to take him off after about 50 minutes.

I'm Swansea in third season, and signed De Jong in the first January transfer window of the game, but he has a similar problem as Jelavic, good when he's fit, but he's always picking up injuries.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 17 Oct 2012, 3:57 pm

well my odds are startling....

33-1 so i'm an outsider for promotion!

I wanna stay here for a few seasons and stabilise my cash issues as I need to sell 1 player who won't leave and I can't sack. If I am promoted then...oh boy. I might be in trouble and be insta relegated. Oh and my chairman might leave :P

on a fun note, both Sheff teams and Leic are in the Premiership and Forest are in L1 with County :P Derby are in League 2!

Worst defeat ever was a 6-0 drubbing by Hull, League Cup round 1 :P 2019, its now 2020-2021

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:11 pm

Any weird managerial positions?

In one game, Fergie retired, was replaced with Redknapp who retired after a year. Laugh

In my current game, Guardiola left Barca for the Spain job, he was replaced with Wenger, who was replaced by Louis Van Gaal. Wenger was then sacked, replaced with Mancini, which led to Van Gaal moving to Manchester City, Moyes moving to Arsenal and Sam Allardyce of all people taking over at Everton.

Harry Redknapp has retired, Benitez is Tottenham manager. Fergie has retired, Jurgen Klopp is Manchester United manager and doing an awful job.

This is after just 2 and a half seasons. Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 17 Oct 2012, 4:53 pm

Crimey wrote:Any weird managerial positions?

In one game, Fergie retired, was replaced with Redknapp who retired after a year. Laugh

In my current game, Guardiola left Barca for the Spain job, he was replaced with Wenger, who was replaced by Louis Van Gaal. Wenger was then sacked, replaced with Mancini, which led to Van Gaal moving to Manchester City, Moyes moving to Arsenal and Sam Allardyce of all people taking over at Everton.

Harry Redknapp has retired, Benitez is Tottenham manager. Fergie has retired, Jurgen Klopp is Manchester United manager and doing an awful job.

an unknown WAS in charge of England for 4 years and he had 0 manager experience, now its Alan Shearer!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Oct 2012, 5:11 pm

Uryu Ishida wrote:

an unknown WAS in charge of England for 4 years and he had 0 manager experience, now its Alan Shearer!

You win. Laugh

Alan Shearer is Newcastle manager on mine, about to get them relegated again. Doubt he'll be England manager any time soon.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Wed 17 Oct 2012, 5:32 pm

Crimey wrote:
Uryu Ishida wrote:

You win. Laugh

Alan Shearer is Newcastle manager on mine, about to get them relegated again. Doubt he'll be England manager any time soon.

lemmie find a few others...

Guardiola at Man U since 2013, Fergie retired
Solbakken at Emerates since 2017 after moyes lasted 18 months, jol lasted 2.5 years and Pellegrini lasted less than a year before retiring.
Ancelotti now at man city after mancini left, mouriniho lasted 3 years, Steve Clarke 18 months, Manchini returned for 3 years and handed to Carlo
Paul Lambert at liverpool since Kenny left in 2015

Others of note:

Moyes at West Ham
Ally McCoist is still at Rangers
Lennon still at Celtic
Levin is at Bristol City
the unknown Eng Manager left for Sheff United...

Also, Alex Lynch is the best GK EVER! hes come up from the BSN to L1 and only now saying he won't improve

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:06 pm

there does seem to be a fair few managerial merry go rounds normally involving Guardiola taking the spain job or mancini getting sacked at city.

mike phelan used to get the united job quite abit!! ive seen mick mccarthy in the spurs job! henning berg had the arsenal job. on my current game some croatian has the united job that ive never even heard of. avb seems to get everywhere, but does suprise me how often managers give up the big clubs to manage national teams, would never happen in real life

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 17 Oct 2012, 9:38 pm

Mike Phelan is QPR manager I believe.

Steve Clarke went to Barnsley when they were in the Premier League, they were relegated and he had a huge spending spree, spending I think around £30 million on players. They're struggling in the Championship....Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 18 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

Does anyone notice that really rubbish managers - both attribute wise, and experience wise - are given big jobs?

On my game there have been about 4 England managers that no-one has ever heard of. And it isn't like they are super-talented either!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 18 Oct 2012, 12:02 pm

Usually it's just former players, I don't think I've ever gone far enough into the game for made up manager to start getting jobs.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 18 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

Keith Hill is the England manager after I resigned. I got knocked out of the 2018 World Cup in the 1st knockout stage. The England team are plop! Still full of old players and there is no decent regens at all! I called one up who was only 18 but had good stats. Scored 4 in thr World Cup before we got knocked out. Then when Hill has took over he hasn't had a sniff since.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 18 Oct 2012, 12:42 pm

England always seem to do unneccesary well on Football Manager games, on FM10 they won the World Cup every save....one final was England vs. Ireland Laugh With FM 2011 and FM 2012 they win Euro 2012 as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 18 Oct 2012, 7:35 pm

bye bye fm12, hello fm13 Beta!

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 19 Oct 2012, 10:58 am

Is the demo out?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 19 Oct 2012, 12:13 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Is the demo out?

not the demo, 1 week i think.

my opinion on it so far.

LOTS of stuff on the main player screen:

Reports on the main screen only show a basic PA
Unwanted list is fun as your assistant deals with it.

Training:

Looks more complex than last year but I gotta get used to it.
Still need to find a way to change the schedule setups...

Boardroom:

Going in to talk to the board, more options but kicks you out each time instead of staying for 3 questions ( except the initial interview). Limit is 3 Q's a day still.
Projections are good for me

Matches:

I won't be looking at this since my 3d capability is 1/2 a star
Popups do tend to lag behind.

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 19 Oct 2012, 1:14 pm

I think it is out as one of my mates was posting his results last night as soon as he started playing it on FB.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri 19 Oct 2012, 1:23 pm

Hero wrote:I think it is out as one of my mates was posting his results last night as soon as he started playing it on FB.

those who pre ordered get beta access

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10