The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modric you need to get a grip.

+3
Scott is Back
Beer
Alessandro Ciambella
7 posters

Go down

Modric you need to get a grip. Empty Modric you need to get a grip.

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:14 am

Bonjourno!

I am sorry but as a football fan I am embarrassed by the very fact that we have pathetic players like Modric roaming around in the English game taking the hard earned cash of the hard working British public.

He did not play last night because his 'Head was not in the right place' is an absolute joke.

I'm sorry Luka Modric but that is an insult to all fans of football. What you did last night was spit in the face of every Spurs fan that pays money into that club.

I bet Modric's head is in the right place when he opens his pay packet every month.

Look at Nasri for example, he wants away to Manchester City but manage to play on Saturday and in his defence he was one of Arsenals best players on the park.

A player is on a lot of money these days and this act of defiance to a club should lead to massive fines and breaches of contract and compensation to clubs and fans. I believe Modric should have to do some kind of community service to Tottenham fans as a means of apologising.

Chelsea fans must be hoping the deal falls through after seeing this petulant man destroy his high reputation with the fans. He has known for weeks that he was not going to be sold.

MODRIC. GET A GRIP!

Forza Players who Honour Clubs and Contracts!

Forza Gary Neville & Jamie Carragher!
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Modric you need to get a grip. Empty Re: Modric you need to get a grip.

Post by Beer Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 am

Neville is one of the biggest asswipes to ever grace a football pitch.

You're telling me if a big company came in for you, it wouldn't turn your head or make you question things?

It's harsh to judge him, especially when you cannot possibly comprehend what would be going through his head. It's better to leave him out until he is sorted than to play him when he's not focused and then ridicule him for his performance. Tottenham did the right thing and hopefully the situation will resolve itself.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:46 am

You're telling me if a big company came in for you, it wouldn't turn your head or make you question things?

I can see your logic, but i would still come in to work and do my job until something was sorted otherwise.

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:48 am

Scott is Back wrote:You're telling me if a big company came in for you, it wouldn't turn your head or make you question things?

I can see your logic, but i would still come in to work and do my job until something was sorted otherwise.

Agreed.
Ditto Nasri who has today asked not to fly out with the squad to Udinese, effectively refusing to do the job that he is under contract and paid to do.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:54 am

Grizzly wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:You're telling me if a big company came in for you, it wouldn't turn your head or make you question things?

Agreed.
Ditto Nasri who has today asked not to fly out with the squad to Udinese, effectively refusing to do the job that he is under contract and paid to do.

Slightly different for Nasri as if he's played he wouldn't be able to play in Europe for Man City, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am

He's still turning up for training.

Say your the boos, you've got a guy who wants to leave, has an offer but you've not received anything formal. You've got a big presentation, you look around the office and you see this guy, shoulders slumped, unhappy about his choices. You're not gonna get him to do your sales pitch are you?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 am

I'm a Spurs fan and IF it is true that Modric refused to play then i say good riddance......we needed him last night in a crucial game.

I dont buy this "his head is not right". Who the hell do footballers think they are?

Seriously they should have a chat with someone that does have real problems.

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:01 am

True, but holding your employer over a barrel nonetheless.
If he has paid back the wages he's earned whilst effectively refusing to play for Arsenal then he moves up the social scale to being just a 'greedy b'tard'

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:13 am

Say your the boos, you've got a guy who wants to leave, has an offer but you've not received anything formal. You've got a big presentation, you look around the office and you see this guy, shoulders slumped, unhappy about his choices. You're not gonna get him to do your sales pitch are you?

Personally, he shouldnt be sat there with his shoulders slumped, and unhappy about anything when he is picking up 100k a week. Get on with your job, your in a priveliged postition, if you go to Chelsea...Great, If you dont....Your still being paid a fortune to do what you love!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:15 am

Scott is Back wrote:Say your the boos, you've got a guy who wants to leave, has an offer but you've not received anything formal. You've got a big presentation, you look around the office and you see this guy, shoulders slumped, unhappy about his choices. You're not gonna get him to do your sales pitch are you?

Personally, he shouldnt be sat there with his shoulders slumped, and unhappy about anything when he is picking up 100k a week. Get on with your job, your in a priveliged postition, if you go to Chelsea...Great, If you dont....Your still being paid a fortune to do what you love!

randy

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:17 am

Ok!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:26 am

Clunge4life wrote:I'm a Spurs fan and IF it is true that Modric refused to play then i say good riddance......we needed him last night in a crucial game.

I dont buy this "his head is not right". Who the hell do footballers think they are?

So because they get well paid they are not allowed to have the same problems as everyone else?

Problems do not vanish in relation to the number of zeroes at the end of your pay slip.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:31 am

Celtic Warrior wrote:
Clunge4life wrote:I'm a Spurs fan and IF it is true that Modric refused to play then i say good riddance......we needed him last night in a crucial game.

So because they get well paid they are not allowed to have the same problems as everyone else?

Problems do not vanish in relation to the number of zeroes at the end of your pay slip.

Maybe not, but they are certainly minimised. Im sure he doesnt worry about the mortgage every month, or whether he can feed his kids!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:40 am

Footballers are in the public eye, they're idolised by kids who dream of being like them, they have a moral responsibility in my opinion, and because of these added responsibilities they are rewarded richly beyond their wildest expectations.
Showing humility and appreciation for those who have supported you isn't a great deal to ask, clubs and fans deserve better

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 am

Scott is Back wrote:
Celtic Warrior wrote:

Maybe not, but they are certainly minimised. Im sure he doesnt worry about the mortgage every month, or whether he can feed his kids!

I'm sure you are right in that respect, but are those the only valid reasons for problems? He's unhappy in his job, he's unhappy with his surroundings and the way things are being handled. Those seem like valid problems to me.

Yes he is acting in a childish, petulant manner by trying to force their hand. I'm not condoning that at all. What I am saying is that money does not make problems disappear. This whole "He's well paid and should man up" theory irks me.

Also I think the OP needs to follow his own advice and get a grip. You want him to do community service?? Yes you have payed good money for tickets/merchandise etc, but he's not a criminal. Football is not the be all and end all of the world. Trying to force a move to another club, while irritating, does not warrant community service.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:11 pm

I reckon Redknapp knew he couldn't beat Man Utd and made this Modric story so he could have an excuse for losing Wink

At the end of the day, Spurs have known for ages that they wouldn't be able to keep Modric, or expect no one to show some interest in him. If they don't have a plan or a replacement lined up for him then they are incredibly naive. Just sell him, give Harry the money and try and improve elsewhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:25 pm

'At the end of the day, Spurs have known for ages that they wouldn't be able to keep Modric'

This is probably true but I keep asking myself why a player signs a fixed term contract, what was it in this case 6 years ?
Why not enter into a shorter contract then there can be no questions about players committment/intengrity etc.
I know the current system means that Tottenham are likely to pick up £30m or thereabouts and they can go buy a couple of others good players, but what damage has been done already ? And will the ill feeling carry over after he's gone ?

August transfers do nothing but cause disruption....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:18 pm

King Beer wrote:Neville is one of the biggest asswipes to ever grace a football pitch.

And why is that? because he stayed Loyal to United? It's funny that the England Manager and SAF view him as the model professional.

Not if your loyal to your club, you would not start questioning your club. You can off course investigate things but there is no need to disrespect the club as Modric appears to have done.

It's harsh to judge him, especially when you cannot possibly comprehend what would be going through his head. It's better to leave him out until he is sorted than to play him when he's not focused and then ridicule him for his performance. Tottenham did the right thing and hopefully the situation will resolve itself.

Not harsh to judge him at all really. He is been judged by his behaviour. Clubs bid and make enquires for players all the time and the measure of a player is how he reacts to it. If he comes out and starts disrespecting the club, he should be treated like a piece of meat and the club should do their utmost to get the most money for him.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:24 pm

RE: Neville.

No. Because he's a smug, disrespectful Kumquat who was a disgrace to this country with his attitude regards to the England team.

By the way, red pen is for Admin.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:04 pm

King Beer wrote:RE: Neville.

No. Because he's a smug, disrespectful Kumquat who was a disgrace to this country with his attitude regards to the England team.

By the way, red pen is for Admin.

Well while he was playing for England he was 100% committed. His recent comments are not new and other England players have similar sentiments.

BTW why is red for admin surely one can post in any colour they want!

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down