The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wallaby AB's game

+7
boomeranga
yappysnap
TheGreyGhost
disneychilly
Biltong
Great White
OzT
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wallaby AB's game - Page 2 Empty Wallaby AB's game

Post by OzT Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys, how are you? Been a long weekend so just got on the board. Like to talk about the game, mainly from a Wallaby’s point of view, preferably without the mud slinging, seems enough threads already on it.

Watched the game in a crowded pub, seemingly 80% AB supporters, which was good as it gave me a real time AB supporters' opinion.

I thought the Wallabies played well. Though the 1st half we were on top, the strategy surprised me. Too often they went up the middle and didn't spin it out wide. Was it an attempt to play a forward's game? Does seem the gameplan in the 1st half was not to use the backs.

2nd half we were under the cosh, and shipped points. When Smith went thru not quite sure what Quade was doing, I think he must've had dirt in his eye....

What was very heartening was after being denied the ball for about 20 minutes, the 1st time we had the ball went thru to score, and it looked so easy.

Great work out for the sides that game. I think our wingers defended immensely, AAC being tops. Will we need Drew Mitchell even if he is fit I wonder.

Samo defo earned his place this game, but will he be 1st choice over Palu? I hope so, Palu for me never seems to punch his weight. Higginbotham I thought was a disappointment.

Didn't see the Quade knee live, just the scuffle after. I really hope he was not being dirty, would be gutted if a Wallaby is dirty. Last dirty player we had was Harrison, and I was embarrassed for my team then.

Sorry if I missed the match talk, but anyone have any comments on the aussie play? Defo Carter in the 1st half was below par, but I am hoping it was the Wallaby's pressure that made him play badly.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Wallaby AB's game - Page 2 Empty Re: Wallaby AB's game

Post by Full Credit Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Rob B wrote:Remember that Qantas ad with Giteau kicking that goal from the touch line?

Heard it took 12 months to shoot that ad.
that's gold thumbsup

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Gits can't kick for sure towards the end, but watched a vid of hin on youtube against Fiji and got to give it to the bloke, he took some very hard and unfair hits and just got up and got on with it.

Also clip of Quade Cooper coming to his defence after he was taken out unfairly and getting a few hots form the Fiji player for that, who would have thought that of Quade?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXE5hh3ChsU&feature=related

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:41 pm

It still comes down to one offs.
Assuming it all goes to plan. Oz will have a toughy with Wales in the last 8.
Then England. 2007 SA came last in the 3N, beat England 36-0 in the pool and then Eng beat Oz?

Last year Oz beat NZ for their first loss in 18 matches then lose to England?

We lost to France after beating them 61-10 a few weeks earlier(though it was a completely different 15) and France lost Argie pool play- a team we have never lost to?

So what happens between now and semi time...apparently...means nothing. One offs to rule the day.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2