The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Wales dont win world cups but England do

+31
TheGreyGhost
RuckingFlanker86
BlueNote
cabbagesandbrussels
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
emack2
Enforcer
nottins
nganboy
perand25
RubyGuby
mckay1402
iso
welshy824
GavinDragon
Biltong
doctor_grey
Ozzy3213
nottins_jones
Cowshot
Cymroglan
lostinwales
Shifty
majesticimperialman
robbo277
Bullsbok
englandglory4ever
HammerofThunor
offload
wrfc1980
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Why Wales dont win world cups but England do - Page 4 Empty Why Wales dont win world cups but England do

Post by wrfc1980 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

The last 24 hours of the rugby world cup has summed up to me why Wales can't win world cups but England can. Today Wales played a off form South African side which was hit with injury mid game. Wale had all the possesion and territory yet struggled to create a try scoring opportunity. Where was this 'Welsh Way' which is meant to be full of attacking running rugby? Wales oftern hark on about tghe fact that if they get 50/50 possesion they will win. Well Wales at 60& of the possesion and still looked blunt in attack.
On the other hand England played very poorly yet got the win which has pretty much booked their place in the 1/4 final. Even if they loose to Scotland chances are they will finish 2nd. However England will almost certainly top their group. Wales are now in trouble, a loss to Samoe or Fiji could signal the end of their world cup.
What would people prefer a scappy uninspired WIN or a gallant loss? Id chhose what England did every time

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Why Wales dont win world cups but England do - Page 4 Empty Re: Why Wales dont win world cups but England do

Post by Fernando Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

Congratulations you've just joined Pete's to assassinate list

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Why Wales dont win world cups but England do - Page 4 Empty Re: Why Wales dont win world cups but England do

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:42 pm

Dr Kenneth Noisewater wrote:PJ - Dudley?

(sorry - off topic I know).

Walsall Doc.

(Also watch it with the off topic thingy, LDC is having none of it tonight - zero tolerance!)
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:45 pm

Gatts wrote:
LDCPete wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:
LDCPete wrote:nottin and nottins_jones

I give you fair warning now, you have both had warnings from the admin team about getting involved in bickering with each other. If you decide you want to do so here and now, you are fully aware of what the consequences will be.

OOOOOOooooh hark at her.

You'll never take me alive copper! Run

That's no problem, dead will do! Wink angel

Learner Detective Constable Pete

Sir! sir! I think Gatts' just been very disrespectful, whilst I was just being a bit cheeky and would happily have an old school clip round the ear for me indiscretions.

Ta. Sniff.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

I foresee a wave of Welsh posters provoking their own suspension, so that they don't have to be around to face the music when Wales go out of the tournament this weekend.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

Off topic and humourus - no problem

Off topic bickering - bored of reading it, as are the majority of reasoned posters.

Learner Detective Constable is correct, but only for another week Wink

(And no I am not buying everyone a donut for losing the L plates) raspberry
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:48 pm

LDCPete wrote:
(And no I am not buying everyone a donut for losing the L plates) raspberry

Gimme my doughnut Dammit!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:48 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:I foresee a wave of Welsh posters provoking their own suspension, so that they don't have to be around to face the music when Wales go out of the tournament this weekend.

Harsh, but funny laughing

you can have a donut, I'm just sending Wayne Barnes down the bakers to get them Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:49 pm

Off topic and attempting to provoke is OK it seems as well.

Congratulations on losing the "L" soon Pete. It's "doughnuts" by the way thumbsup

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:51 pm

If I spell it properly I have to move m y fingers more and I can't be orsed!!!

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm

LDCPete wrote:If I spell it properly I have to move m y fingers more and I can't be orsed!!!

Whistle

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm

LDCPete wrote:
TheGreyGhost wrote:I foresee a wave of Welsh posters provoking their own suspension, so that they don't have to be around to face the music when Wales go out of the tournament this weekend.

you can have a donut, I'm just sending Wayne Barnes down the bakers to get them Wink

Unfortunately Bryce Lawrence is doing the baking tonight so he could end up waiting behind 15 Argentinians getting their freebies. Whistle
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm

nottins wrote:Off topic and attempting to provoke is OK it seems as well.

Congratulations on losing the "L" soon Pete. It's "doughnuts" by the way thumbsup

Is that L for your left nut, LDCPETE, you should ask Nottins, he had a growth removed with a scalpel and lost his one nut, thus he is now known as one nut nottins. ( or so I have been told in the pub.)
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

biltongbek wrote:
nottins wrote:Off topic and attempting to provoke is OK it seems as well.

Is that L for your left nut, LDCPETE, you should ask Nottins, he had a growth removed with a scalpel and lost his one nut, thus he is now known as one nut nottins. ( or so I have been told in the pub.)

Get it right. I was called no nuts by the deranged Irish waster. Wink

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

LDCPete wrote:

Is there a course you can do to become a ghostbuster?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

Gatts wrote:
LDCPete wrote:

Is there a course you can do to become a ghostbuster?

I wouldn't know who to call...
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

you could call hollywood, they should be able to tell you where to find four losers in an old ambulance with a little off behaviour.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

Biltong? He knows everything!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:07 pm

Cheers, doing it now.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

I'm not afraid of ghosts. Shocked

Honest like.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:09 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:I'm not afraid of ghosts. Shocked

Honest like.

Me neither, I've seen Casper, he seems friendly enough!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm

LDCPete wrote:

Honest like.

Yeah..... till he starts posting on here. Sad
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:13 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
LDCPete wrote:

Honest like.

Yeah..... till he starts posting on here. Sad

Man up soldier, those ghost will never take us alive! Yikes
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:14 pm

LDCPete wrote:

There was a poster on Scrum V/606 called Caspar. Turned out he was a she though. Also one of the top environmetal lawyers in the country and drank wine by the vat.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:19 pm

I was listening to Richard Hill on the radio today he reckons that Scotland will beat England that England's current style is playing into Scotland's hands

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

Cymroglan wrote:I was listening to Richard Hill on the radio today he reckons that Scotland will beat England that England's current style is playing into Scotland's hands

Which Richard Hill ?

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

Could well do, but I would say that Argentina are every bit as good if not better than Scotland at arm wrestle type rugby, and England managed to win through against them, so there is no reason that we cannot do the same against Scotland well if necessary.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic there talking about rugby, now back to ghosts and donuts! Wink

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:25 pm

The Saracens flanker

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:33 pm

When Mr Hill talks about Rugby I pay attention. Scotland having Andy Robinson as coach will help against us too.

Hope we improve enough to make him wrong.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:36 pm

He would be up there in my all time greats list hard hitter shame injury forced him to retire.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

Thinking about the title of this thread, I think we may have touched upon a significant factor.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:17 pm

The simple truth is the aim of the game is to win,how does`nt matter.
If you have listened to the experts on TV,before the England match the
said they were 6Ns champions.Which was true what they did`nt say was
they did it.By forwards producing quick ball for the backs to use.BUT they picked a team versus Argentina for the old arm wrestle,and kick goals.
Only for some reason JW was missing them,as was the other side,the Ref turned it into a kicking match.They went to the bench and at last created a try which won the match.
In contrast Wales the whole match they tried an arm wrestle,the Boks ran the ball twice,scored tries game over.
Wales in the last twenty,to try to be a bit more adventurous,and move it wide.Yes they may have lost by more,but they may have won too.
Once long ago a very famous All Blacks side,went almost ten years they hardly lost a game.The forwards were famous names,and the Goal kickers,Don Clarke,Mick Williment,a famous captain,and a stream of faceless backs.They did`nt matter all they had to do was keep the ball in front of the forwards.What tries were scored Forwards mostly scored them,a simple
truth was forgotten.Forwards win the ball,backs score the tries,forget it and your game stagnates.
Most of the the so called minnows,can at least arm wrestle,do the basics well.Drag you down to there level,unless you mix it up which is happening now.
Negative rugby in my lifetime has won more games than positive ones,and los t more spectators because of it.
For get the RWC,compare the head to head,and various tournament won between England and Wales,and you will find there is nothing much in it.
This year England are in an arguably easier group than Wales,providing both teams take positives from there first matches.
Both teams should at least meet the knockout stages,this year I would be very surprised if England reach the Final.
BUT good luck to BOTH sides I wish you well.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by RuckingFlanker86 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 2:27 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:
RuckingFlanker86 wrote:Many England fans worried and unhappy with the good form a young Welsh side are starting to show, poor guys.

Yes you shown so mutch good form and the fact that you are indeed FITTER than the England lads.

But just to mind you your young form side LOST 🤦 and Englands boring team WON. Doh

Yes, so you all keep reminding us at every opportunity.

RuckingFlanker86

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Tue 13 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Cymro: Just in case...

My comment was about the value of Richard Hill to a side , not any anglowelsh rubbish.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4