The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland rallying call

+8
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Gaelic-Warrior
funnyExiledScot
damage_13
mckay1402
RuggerRadge2611
Manky-Flanker
RDW
12 posters

Go down

Scotland rallying call Empty Scotland rallying call

Post by RDW Tue 13 Sep - 13:22

You've got to love Al Strokosh:

"We spend a lot of time talking about how big and hard the Romanians and Georgians are, but to be honest we should be bigger and harder than them. We should be bigger and harder than everyone really, in my opinion, certainly in our mindset. If you go into a match expecting the other team to be so big and hard then you're setting yourself up for a hiding"

Too right - who cares that we are playing these big tough Georgians?? We have some mean hombres in our team too and we need them to be dominating the opposition - smashing them into the ground, wiping them away at rucks galloping into contact and taking 3 men with you as you go down.

Have to say I am incredibly pumped up for this game - and I am not even playing!

So come on Scotland - who gives a crap who were are playing, lots dominate the hell out of them and get them wishing they were somewhere else.

Come on Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!! furious

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Scotland rallying call Empty Re: Scotland rallying call

Post by Manky-Flanker Tue 13 Sep - 13:27

I'll second that! Smile

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Sep - 13:47

+1 for me too. I really want the lads to go out there and take some names.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Tue 13 Sep - 13:57

I totally agree. Scotland should have been able to roll over Romania and Georgia. it's poor if we are intimidated by teams like this
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Tue 13 Sep - 14:05

oh..! I know this one!

is it

FRRRREEEEDoooommmmm

Run

its all pre match hype, the Scots should be fine if they get their back line firing, their forwards should be much fitter and more experienced at the quicker international level too

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 13 Sep - 15:49

Nice to see a Scotland player being confident, and he's quite right. A pack including Murray, Chunk, Hamilton, Hines, Strokosch and Brown should not be getting bullied, and with Morrison and the Lamonts in the backline we really ought to be rolling these guys over.

I'd like the 4-try bonus point win, but I think a 10-15 win would be convincing enough.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Tue 13 Sep - 15:57

I reckon it'll be more than that. 26 - 9 to the kilts Whistle

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Tue 13 Sep - 16:14

Al is right. Scotland looked bigger and harder standing next to the Romanians in for the line-out anyway. Regardless if its Georgia or the All-Blacks that kind of thinking isn't the right way to go about it.

As long as we keep our momentum with the ball and manage to finish off scoring opportunities we create (and as long as the wind dosen't blow the ball off the tee again....) we should do fine.

Intae them!!
Intae them!!
Intae them!!
Intae them!!
Intae them!!
Braveheart
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 13 Sep - 16:20

Hope you're right! I'm not so confident. We have an unhappy knack of getting dragged into tussles against sides with big packs. I think with the pack we've selected and Parks at 10 we ought to win this, but I've no doubt the scores will be close on the 60 minute mark. The question for me is whether the likes of Gray and Vernon can come on and make the necessary impact to close out this game as we did the last.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 13 Sep - 16:26

I think the game will be well balanced between the two front fives, but I'm hoping that our backrow looks to have better balance and as a result we'llbe able to dominate the breakdown - without wishing to jinx him, this is Rosco Rennie's chance to put down a serious marker for the 7 jersey, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Stroks back for a full-blown international (afterhis impressive outing against Ireland in the warm-ups).

Our backs really ought to be looking forward to getting their hands on the ball and getting across the whitewash as frequently as they did against Romania - I'm worried about Parks, but that almost goes without saying!

Cmon Scotland! Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 13 Sep - 17:32

funnyExiledScot wrote:Hope you're right! I'm not so confident. We have an unhappy knack of getting dragged into tussles against sides with big packs. I think with the pack we've selected and Parks at 10 we ought to win this, but I've no doubt the scores will be close on the 60 minute mark. The question for me is whether the likes of Gray and Vernon can come on and make the necessary impact to close out this game as we did the last.

Come on FES, you're in danger of becoming the Mr Magoo of these boards. Erm

You might be right, of course, but let's just luxuriate in the anticipation of a good win whilst the world is watching.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 13 Sep - 17:44

I can relate to the jitters and nerves FES is voicing. We all were thinking Romania would have a tough pack but we all expected them to capitulate after the first brace of tries. As long as we don't make the same mistake and play to our strengths and not theirs we will win the test match.

I agree 100% with the choice up front. They will certaiy not be bullied or intimidated.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Tue 13 Sep - 20:23

Some interesting facts about this up coming match

http://www.irb.com/mm/document/tournament/mediazone/02/05/04/81/20110914scovgeo.pdf

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Tue 13 Sep - 21:15

right if you play new zealand what you should do in response to the haka is do what they do in brave heart and then flash them while screaming with war paint on and yeh.... (although hopefully no arrows will come and hit your in the arse)

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by donkeyprop Tue 13 Sep - 22:32

Manky-Flanker wrote:Some interesting facts about this up coming match

http://www.irb.com/mm/document/tournament/mediazone/02/05/04/81/20110914scovgeo.pdf

Suggest everyone prints this off & plays commentator bingo - every time the numpty on ITV quotes from the pack, cross it off.
I reckon someone will be calling Bingo before the 1st line out.....

donkeyprop

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue 13 Sep - 22:54

Lads, your boys will pish it.

All the best, but you'll not need any luck. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content