The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland vs Australia - Discussion Thread

+70
Cari
Taylorman
emack2
Nos na Gaoithe
PJHolybloke
Breadvan
HURLEY_BURLEY
kiakahaaotearoa
Bujin
G2
Artful_Dodger
Notch
aucklandlaurie
JmD
Rob B
Rugby Uberlord
RDW
boomeranga
Goosestepper
mutememories
Pot Hale
Gatts
eirebilly
OzT
Submachine
Cymroglan
Jenifer McLadyboy
Feagh McHugh
Pal Joey
greybeard
littlejohn
Kingshu
MrsP
Don Alfonso
D24tress
clivemcl
akaredtop
BlueMuff
MunsterMac
WillyGilly
rapidsnowman
Rava
Glas a du
Mickado
Gibson
Bullsbok
logie28
The Great Aukster
Hookisms and Hyperbole
valjester
Taffineastbourne
mrsuperclear
Thomond
asoreleftshoulder
Standulstermen
UlstermaninGlasgow
dublin_dave
Full Credit
Sin é
shantara
Comfort
GunsGerms
Feckless Rogue
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Tayto
George Carlin
rodders
red_stag
Boyne
MMC
74 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Ireland vs Australia - Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Ireland vs Australia - Discussion Thread

Post by MMC Tue 13 Sep 2011, 3:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ireland:
1. Cian Healy
2. Rory Best
3. Mike Ross
4. Donncha O'Callaghan
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Stephen Ferris
7. Sean O'Brien
8. Jamie Heaslip
9. Eoin Reddan
10. Jonathan Sexton
11. Keith Earls
12. Gordon D'Arcy
13. Brian O'Driscoll (c)
14. Tommy Bowe
15. Rob Kearney

Replacements:
16. Jerry Flannery
17. Tom Court
18. Donnacha Ryan
19. Denis Leamy
20. Conor Murray
21. Ronan O'Gara
22. Andrew Trimble

Australia:
15. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs)
14. James O’Connor (Western Force)
13. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
12. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)
11. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies)
10. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Radike Samo (Queensland Reds)
7. David Pocock (Western Force)
6. Rocky Elsom (Brumbies)
5. James Horwill (Queensland Reds, captain)
4. Dan Vickerman (NSW Waratahs)
3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
2. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
1. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)

Reserves:
16. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
17. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)
18. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
19. Ben McCalman (Western Force)
20. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
21. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs)
22. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)

COME ON IRELAND!!

littlejohn's thread about how we can beat the Wallabies:

littlejohn wrote:Would like to hear other people's views on what ireland need to do to have a chance of beating Australia this Saturday. Here are some of my naive thoughts on what needs to happen:

1. Ireland to play with same agression when they played England earlier this year. While ireland have not really performed since then, I'm quietly confident they'll be fired up for this game!

2. Steal some of Italy's tactics for the game. Italy did really well in the first half vs Oz by kicking very well timed up and unders (generally aimed at AAC), and they were very well organised in defence, which resulted in frustration creeping in for the Wallabies. If they had a decent 10 this might have been a lot closer!

3. Start with ROG - His tactical kicking and ability to vary it is in my opinion a better fit for this kind of game. We can always bring Sexton on later if we need to change tactics. I think he's also marginally better at kicking penalty and conversions.

4. Whereever Cooper is standing in defence run at him (ideally using O'Brien/Ferris) - Pretty obvious one this, although he does often stand deep covering full back off lineouts, etc.

5. Play Australia at their own game - Australia have been very good at putting pressure on rucks, but Ireland will need to do the same when Australia have the ball, slowing it down where possible to stop Genia getting into gear.

6. Leverage Bowe and Kearney's height - Cross field kicks (timed well) could reap rewards for us. Rog is excellent at this.

All in all I accept this will be a tall order, but Ireland play the underdog tag better than anyone! I'm praying it won't be yet another herioc defeat. Bring on Saturday!

Last edited by MMC on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 8:11 am; edited 3 times in total
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Australia - Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Ireland vs Australia - Discussion Thread

Post by WillyGilly Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:00 am

Tayto no one is happy with way Sexton is unable to find any consistency in the green jersey, however your prior statement suggests he should be dropped imminently. Just out of curiosity who do we play in his place?
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Ireland vs Australia - Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Ireland vs Australia - Discussion Thread

Post by Standulstermen Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:01 am

Tayto

What has gone before is irrelevant. Unless you think O'Gara is going to audition for the bionic man i think we will continue to see more of Sexton starting for Ireland than ROG. There is no real competition beyond ROG for Sexton's jersey and if Keatley isnt starting for Munster at 10 and Jackson is still a good few years off challenging then the closest thing you have to competition is IHumph

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:04 am

Standulstermen wrote:Tayto

What has gone before is irrelevant. Unless you think O'Gara is going to audition for the bionic man i think we will continue to see more of Sexton starting for Ireland than ROG. There is no real competition beyond ROG for Sexton's jersey and if Keatley isnt starting for Munster at 10 and Jackson is still a good few years off challenging then the closest thing you have to competition is IHumph

In all fairness though, Humpries is ranked higher than O'Gara in the opta stats though. He should be in there if you ask me... OK

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:05 am

Mickado wrote:In all fairness though, Humpries is ranked higher than O'Gara in the opta stats though. He should be in there if you ask me... OK

Sin é version 2.0 Laugh

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

right prediction

9-6 to ireland, in what can only be described as a j4 game in a hurricane,
mike ross MOTM after he dismantles the ozzies, o'conner and QC cant quite find the kicking boots

you heard it hear first

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:16 am

I'm going with my head. And you can call me an unpatriotic Bar Steward all you want. Far better performance. Leading at some point during the second half, cue key injury. Oz take it in the last 10.

Aussies by 5.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:16 am

16 – 11 to Ireland

Losing 9-11 until the final 5 minutes. Scrum on our 10m line, Heaslip breaks off and pops inside to Murray, Murray breaks a tackle from Genia and gets to the 22, pops the ball outside to O’Brien who dots down over the line to seal his MOTM award. ROG adds the extras and the crowd go wild.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

WillyGilly wrote:I'm going with my head. And you can call me an unpatriotic Bar Steward all you want. Far better performance. Leading at some point during the second half, cue key injury. Oz take it in the last 10.

Aussies by 5.

You are an unpatriotic bar steward. boxing
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

Aus by 10-12

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:34 am

WillyGilly wrote:Tayto no one is happy with way Sexton is unable to find any consistency in the green jersey, however your prior statement suggests he should be dropped imminently. Just out of curiosity who do we play in his place?

Absolutely he should be dropped if he is not playing well.
Same goes for the others I have listed.

What kind of message do you think it sends to the other players in the squad.
Same old shoite.

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:36 am

Tayto wrote:
WillyGilly wrote:Tayto no one is happy with way Sexton is unable to find any consistency in the green jersey, however your prior statement suggests he should be dropped imminently. Just out of curiosity who do we play in his place?

Absolutely he should be dropped if he is not playing well.
Same goes for the others I have listed.

What kind of message do you think it sends to the other players in the squad.
Same old shoite.

tayto dont be taking it all out on kidney lets see how he gets on first

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:37 am

Ireland by 8. Tries from O'Brien, D'arcy and Bowe/Kearney.

I'd like to be more optimistic and predict we'll get the bonus point victory but I think given the weather forecast we might have to settle for the win.

guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

If Ireland try and play a Leinster style game tomorrow in the backs ie Sexton using 1 of the 3 moves he has in his locker
then we will be crucified.
They will wipe the floor with us.

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

I am humouring you.

So which uncapped flyhalf do we play instead.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by G2 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

Just been reported on the BBC Pocock doubtful

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/14811966.stm

G2

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

Kidney is on a hiding to nothing as regards the 10 jersey. I said it previously but if we dont play well in the haflbacks those in the Sexton camp will argue that is because we didnt play our first choice halfbacks together at all during the warm up and others will argue that it is because he picked an underperforming Sexton over ROG.

We win and he will be labelled a genius but if not then i fear Kidney is going to cop a monumental amount of flak

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

Tayto wrote:
If Ireland try and play a Leinster style game tomorrow in the backs ie Sexton using 1 of the 3 moves he has in his locker

Are you counting the Leinster loop off both hands here?

Sexton at least has some moves in his locker and if the pack and Reddan can get him quick service the he has the capacity to open Australia up.

Rog may have the game to contain Australia for periods but Sexton has the game to beat them.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

Tayto wrote:

No one is arguing that the call for tomorrows game is a debateable one. You stated that Sexton will not get many more chances in the green jersey which is nonsense.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:50 am

Tayto wrote:

dont be knocking kidneys tactics
he will let them loose tommorrow, he wont hold sexton back at all.

whats your problem with kidney and how he is running things get behind him

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:56 am

I'd be a bit of a critic of Sexton myself, and there's no doubt he can be flaky from time to time, and it definitely is debatable that ROG should be the one starting tomorrow. However, to say he won't get many more chances in a green jersey is nonsense, as is to say that he hasn't performed in a green jersey. Games like SA in 2009, England in the six nations just gone and the Heineken cup final show that Sexton can produce sublime performances. He may or may not do so tomorrow but (a) he will again at some point and (b) get behind him and the rest of the team and don't spout nonsense about him disappointing in the green jersey and being on borrowed time.

Ireland by 1 point tomorrow lads. It's happening...I had a dream last night that it would and dreams always come true guinness

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:00 am

mrsuperclear wrote:
Mickado wrote:In all fairness though, Humpries is ranked higher than O'Gara in the opta stats though. He should be in there if you ask me... OK

Sin é version 2.0 Laugh

I know Mrsuperclear such bias. These two lads are probably the worst for provincial bias Yahoo

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:01 am

iHumph for Ireland (and the Lions in 2013)!

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

mrsuperclear wrote:I'd be a bit of a critic of Sexton myself, and there's no doubt he can be flaky from time to time, and it definitely is debatable that ROG should be the one starting tomorrow. However, to say he won't get many more chances in a green jersey is nonsense, as is to say that he hasn't performed in a green jersey. Games like SA in 2009, England in the six nations just gone and the Heineken cup final show that Sexton can produce sublime performances. He may or may not do so tomorrow but (a) he will again at some point and (b) get behind him and the rest of the team and don't spout nonsense about him disappointing in the green jersey and being on borrowed time.

Ireland by 1 point tomorrow lads. It's happening...I had a dream last night that it would and dreams always come true guinness

Funny how you choose 2 games where he has stepped up to the plate.
What about all the others.?

I don't give a toss what he gets up to in a Leinster shirt as long as he plays to his potential in a Green one.

If he does not produce the goods tomorrow then his time in the 10 shirt should be limited for the rest of our time in this WC.
Post WC I have no doubt he will be our first choice 10.

This is the big one and hard calls have to be made and it's just a pity Kidney and O Driscoll cannot see that.

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:10 am

Standulstermen wrote:iHumph for Ireland (and the Lions in 2013)!

The only Lions IHumph will see are at Belfast zoo!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:16 am

Tayto wrote:If he does not produce the goods tomorrow then his time in the 10 shirt should be limited for the rest of our time in this WC.
Post WC I have no doubt he will be our first choice 10.

This is the big one and hard calls have to be made and it's just a pity Kidney and O Driscoll cannot see that.

I have no problem agreeing with that part of your statement. Listen, ROG has been playing very well and is unlucky to miss out - probably just behind Trimble in the unlucky to miss out category - and I probably would have played both of them - but I really wouldn't be a bit surprised if Sexton (and the rest of the team) get it together tomorrow. In fact, I'd be more surprised if they didn't. I expect a performance and game like the one against NZ in the autumn. Impressive and inspiring, but just not good enough to beat a better team.

I'm still hoping my dream of Ireland by 1 point comes true though guinness mug music Leprechaun

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:21 am

Tayto your argument would have more validity if ROG was playing that much better than Sexton, but the reality is that he isn't. they've both had oportunities in an Irish Jersey over the past season and have blown hot and cold.

The difference for me is that when Sexton blows hot he is on a different level to ROG and when they are off form then it is much a muchness.

The other factor is that Sexton is younger and his skill set suits the modern game better and all things being equal if Ireland want to progress their game then Sexton should get the nod.

ROG is still playing well and if Sexton is not performing to the level required then ROG deserves to start but I think you are exagerating Sextons shotcomings in an Irish jersey and ignoring ROG's.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

The underperforming players that have been selected for tomorrow will have my full support as always,but I am fed up with the same players getting selected regardless of how crap they are.

I would prefer to see other players getting selected and giving it their all rather than watch the same old crap from the same old few.

Every excuse in the book has been made for them and still it continues.

We want to compete at this WC were O Driscoll's words

Yeah ok then Brian.

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by MMC Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

At the moment I think what's annoying me the most is all the positivity coming from the camp - mainly on Twitter. Now I know this sounds strange given that we should be believing in ourselves and all that.

I'm talking more about how everyone in the camp feels soooo great and how we're soooooo close to "clicking". Then IrishRugby tweeting about "positive vibes". Ugh... it's the same reason I can't watch "Deal or no Deal".

Bah. Humbug. raspberry
MMC
MMC

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 16 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

roddersm wrote:boomeranga how do you think your guys well play if the weather conditions are poor? Do you think they might play a tighter game and take us on in the pack?

If do you think you can dominate there? I didn't see the Italy game but I heard you did well up front.

Are there any areas you are concerned about?

Sorry for not replying Rodders. I got home just as I sent my last post, so broke for a little family time.

I don't think with Cooper, Beale and JOC that we are likely to go full ten man style, but I do expect them to try and take you on up front from the start regardless of the weather. There seemed a bit of a change in attitude after Samoa beat us and they have since committed to Vickerman over Sharpe, and Rocky over Higginbotham. Vickerman especially signals it as Sharpe is a terrific line out player, and good ball carrier, but maybe not so effective a tight player. Dropping him has still been a big deal though. Vicks on the other hand is all about defense, rucking and power in the scrum.

Another signal is that, for us, our pack is huge. Tomorrow they will combine in the low 900kgs, which is a lot bigger than last years version. So I think they will try to match you in the pack, but in two of the last five games (NZ in NZ and Samoa) it hasn't worked, so no guarantee of success.

My biggest concern looking internally is now Pocock, but also whether our backs will be as effective if the game is a washout. More often than not, when we win they have a lot to do with it, but they do it with foot work and ball movement which is obviously harder in the mud.

Looking at you blokes, the experience your leaders will bring to the game means they know how to win this sort of match, and while the form hasn't been great, the talent is definitely there and I don't trust them to stick to that script. I think we need to get some distance between us in the first half, else O'Gara may cause us some grief in the dying stages.

All in all I am quietly confident, but not buying QF tickets yet.

That's officially my longest ever post. Shocked

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by Bujin Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:54 pm

If I can add my 20c worth to Boomeranga's post above. I lived in Dublin for 5 years and am married to a beautiful Irish girl (who is giving me hell this week) and we now have a gorgeous half Irish half Aussie son. I got to watch a lot of Leinster and Ireland when I was there so I know all about the quality that SOB, Ferris and Tommy Bowe (in particular) all bring to the Irish team.

The areas that concern me is the 3 players mentioned above and the dynamism that they bring to the general breakdown area as well as the tackle. While I think Pocock is awesome and may outclass SOB in the fetcher role, I am not too sure that Rocky will contain Ferris if he is in form. However I think Higginbotham, when he comes on, will do a big job and could really surprise a lot of people. Losing Ioane means that Bowe will have an easier task on his wing. And he can be devastating when given space.

Also the Irish scrum looks like it has improved massively, and while Australia's scrum has also improved it will be abattle to see who has improved the most. I do think that the Irish scrum is better than Australia's but I would rate the Aussie front-row as being better around the park and in the loose.

I expect Ireland to play much better this week than they have but I also think the Wallabies will play better than they did against Italy. Going to be close.

The biggest concern Aussies have about the Wallabies is their lack of consistency and their intensity after a good win. I think this is because they are a young side and Rocky probably didn't provide the leadership qualities to continually motivate them. I think (hope) these have been corrected after the loss to Samoa and NZ this year and also because of the change in captain as, apparently, they are all scared of Horwill.

Bujin

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:58 pm

MMC wrote:At the moment I think what's annoying me the most is all the positivity coming from the camp - mainly on Twitter. Now I know this sounds strange given that we should be believing in ourselves and all that.

I'm talking more about how everyone in the camp feels soooo great and how we're soooooo close to "clicking". Then IrishRugby tweeting about "positive vibes". Ugh... it's the same reason I can't watch "Deal or no Deal".

Bah. Humbug. raspberry

+1. this annoys me too. O'Connell this morning spoke well i thought. The players get the plaudits when things go well so they should accept the flak when it doesnt. Thats the professional game although some of the criticism is way OTT. As much as positive thinking can bring about a good performance a quite simple fc uk you attitude can work wonders as well

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

Bujin wrote:If I can add my 20c worth to Boomeranga's post above. I lived in Dublin for 5 years and am married to a beautiful Irish girl (who is giving me hell this week) and we now have a gorgeous half Irish half Aussie son. I got to watch a lot of Leinster and Ireland when I was there so I know all about the quality that SOB, Ferris and Tommy Bowe (in particular) all bring to the Irish team.

The areas that concern me is the 3 players mentioned above and the dynamism that they bring to the general breakdown area as well as the tackle. While I think Pocock is awesome and may outclass SOB in the fetcher role, I am not too sure that Rocky will contain Ferris if he is in form. However I think Higginbotham, when he comes on, will do a big job and could really surprise a lot of people. Losing Ioane means that Bowe will have an easier task on his wing. And he can be devastating when given space.

Also the Irish scrum looks like it has improved massively, and while Australia's scrum has also improved it will be abattle to see who has improved the most. I do think that the Irish scrum is better than Australia's but I would rate the Aussie front-row as being better around the park and in the loose.

I expect Ireland to play much better this week than they have but I also think the Wallabies will play better than they did against Italy. Going to be close.

The biggest concern Aussies have about the Wallabies is their lack of consistency and their intensity after a good win. I think this is because they are a young side and Rocky probably didn't provide the leadership qualities to continually motivate them. I think (hope) these have been corrected after the loss to Samoa and NZ this year and also because of the change in captain as, apparently, they are all scared of Horwill.

We call dibs!

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

Doh That muppet Gusgott has only gone and tipped us for the win! Talk about the kiss of death!

Thanks guys. Reading between the lines it looks like Australia will take us on in the pack and could well get dominance in that area. I have to say I am a bit worried about that as the Australian scrum has looked strong in the few occaisions I've seen them play recently.

I think from our perspective it is vital that we start well and put doubt into the inexperienced Australian minds. As has been said there are some question marks about Elsom's leadership.

The breakdown will be key and our lack of a natural 7 could be a big problem but I think we might have a slight edge in breakdown physicality.

If we drop of our intensity at any stage our allow Australia to chalk up two score lead then I think we could be in big, big trouble.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Boyne Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:06 pm

Tayto wrote:The underperforming players that have been selected for tomorrow will have my full support as always,but I am fed up with the same players getting selected regardless of how crap they are.

I would prefer to see other players getting selected and giving it their all rather than watch the same old crap from the same old few.

Yeah ok then Brian.

Same old coming from you. Every post is at best pessimistic and at worst derisory towards the team and players.

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal of insult and unnecessary content.)

Boyne

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:12 pm

Boyne wrote:
Tayto wrote:The underperforming players that have been selected for tomorrow will have my full support as always,but I am fed up with the same players getting selected regardless of how crap they are.

Yeah ok then Brian.

Same old coming from you. Every post is at best pessimistic and at worst derisory towards the team and players.

Boyne do you always have to bring it down to personal insults just cause somebody doesnt agree with you

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

[quote="Boyne"]

Yeah ok then Brian.

Same old coming from you. Every post is at best pessimistic and at worst derisory towards the team and players. quote]

You would know all about being sour.
Do you not like it thrown back at you.

You always had plenty to say when Munster players were not performing for Ireland.

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:22 pm

🤦 Shut up you two!!! steam
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

It begins again. Would you back the team for Feck sake. There are some players who I don't think deserve to start but I will back them to the hilt tomorrow and hope we come out all guns blazing tomorrow!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

Keep it clean, keep it green, and keep the dream.

Good luck on the weekend. Take it to them and don´t give an inch on defence. Leave nothing out on the park. This is why your boys play international rugby. To foot it with the best teams in the world. This is your chance. Unite under the rallying cry for victory. History and glory await.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:30 pm

Keep it clean, keep it green, and keep the dream.

BRILLIANT

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun elvis Leprechaun Leprechaun

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

Enough of the childish insults please. I have edited them out of the relevent posts where possible. Behave yourselves please or further action will be taken. You've been warned. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

If any of your body parts are green,consult a physician.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tayto Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

Iawn Syr. OK

Tayto

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:36 pm

Thomond wrote:It begins again. Would you back the team for Feck sake. There are some players who I don't think deserve to start but I will back them to the hilt tomorrow and hope we come out all guns blazing tomorrow!

Well said T. From a Leinsterman to a Munsterman. But more importantly, from one Irishman to another. clap

I think this summation is the best Ive seen. It is realistic and rings of the Truth.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/world-cup/irish-news/ireland-have-to-put-aussies-on-back-foot-in-auckland-2879040.html

Believe ta phhok! And I don't use that word lightly. Put them on the back foot from the start. Hammer into them and put the fear of God into em. Then the belief and performance will come on the back of that. Its not rocket-science. Its a simple game.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

Gibson wrote: Its not rocket-science. Its a simple game.

Amen brother, amen.

Kia you are a poet and you don't know it. guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:45 pm

I want a cross between

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IVQ-UP8yyY

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhgt2pnSywI

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

Gibson wrote:
Thomond wrote:It begins again. Would you back the team for Feck sake. There are some players who I don't think deserve to start but I will back them to the hilt tomorrow and hope we come out all guns blazing tomorrow!

Well said T. From a Leinsterman to a Munsterman. But more importantly, from one Irishman to another. clap

I think this summation is the best Ive seen. It is realistic and rings of the Truth.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/world-cup/irish-news/ireland-have-to-put-aussies-on-back-foot-in-auckland-2879040.html

Believe ta phhok! And I don't use that word lightly. Put them on the back foot from the start. Hammer into them and put the fear of God into em. Then the belief and performance will come on the back of that. Its not rocket-science. Its a simple game.

"the Aussies need to know that Ireland mean business and an early schemozzle wouldn't go amiss."

hugh is spot on, munster got them fighting in thomond and won and i think ireland should do the same, DOC should be a the centre of this we need a big game out of him

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

roddersm wrote:
Gibson wrote: Its not rocket-science. Its a simple game.

Amen brother, amen.

Kia you are a poet and you don't know it. guinness

There once was a team from Ireland
Who entered the World Cup with 4 hidin's.
Nobody gave them a shot
The team cared not a jot
And belted those waltzing matildas to second place in their pool giving Ireland an easier run to the finals.

Here´s hoping you put in a better display on the weekend than that rubbish performance! guinness

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:07 pm

Kia your posts radiate like sunbeams of positivity and reason through the clouds of negativity and ugly provincial pettyness often displayed by some Irish posters (of which I am not entirely innocent either I should add Wink).

guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:15 pm

Haha we AB supporters are a grisly bunch ourselves always demanding perfection and thinking we know what selections to be made and what tactics to employ.

But if you´re a true supporter, you get behind the team and focus on the fact that the guys are all wearing the same jersey and that it doesn´t matter where the guys come from provincially. They´ve all been chosen to represent their country and on the day they´re all you´ve got between defeat and victory.

Give 'em hell.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next