The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather Has Become Intimidator In Chief!!!

+16
supremeboxingskills
The Money Man
Fists of Fury
Sugar Floyd Louis
Bob
ShahenshahG
Scottrf
ONETWOFOREVER
zx1234
TechInept
Rowley
AlexHuckerby
Neutral Corner
Jimmy Stuart
BALTIMORA
azumah HOF
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mayweather Has Become Intimidator In Chief!!! - Page 2 Empty Mayweather Has Become Intimidator In Chief!!!

Post by azumah HOF Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Floyd doesn't scare or get to boxers before the fight, like a Mike Tyson or Sonny Liston. However once inside the ring opponents very quickly become intimidated by the sheer realisation of the task infront of them, and the realisation that they didnt quite expect this.

Ortiz like so many recent Floyd foes goes in there and get shocked. They are shocked by the recent physical dominace of Floyd in there, he has become a supremely physically imposing fighter (perhaps he should be tested.... oh i forgot he is the most tested sportsman in the world!!! oops). Simultaneously they are furstrated like hell by the conundrum that is the Mayweather defence ....... 'all he is doing is hiding behind a shoulder!!!, i should be able to hit this guy, i should be all over him!!!'
Ortiz was completely finished mentally by the end of round two. Not physically but mentally. Fustrated and knowing he was gonna take a lopsided beating and probable KO. The headbutt didnt surprise, as Ortiz (who lies about his life story) is and will always be mentally fragile when under pressure.
Floyd was rightly angry and took instant revenge, it was up to the other fighter to be ready to fight. Cortez said lets go!, the boxer takes care of himself in the ring! I am sure Berto hit Ortiz with bigger shots but he got back up..... i wonder why he didn't get back up this time!!!

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Has Become Intimidator In Chief!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather Has Become Intimidator In Chief!!!

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

I think Mayweather is tuning that right hand up especially for Manny. For some reason I cant help but feel that this (if they fight) will end up like Mosely Margarito or Bhop- Pavlik with a smaller margin.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Has Become Intimidator In Chief!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather Has Become Intimidator In Chief!!!

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:32 pm

I thought he would stop Ortiz late or Ortiz would chuck it late on after get picked off for fun.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

Floyd has spoken!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10798.html

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:45 pm

Cheers Zoomy! thumbsup
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

azumah HOF wrote:Floyd has spoken!

Thanks mate

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:im not sure if manny or floyd would win, but i think if manny was watching he will fancy his chance, as would khan. he didnt look unbeatable by any means, yes he put on a good performance and dealt with ortiz with no problem, but ortiz put neither pressure or used speed against him, and wasnt active enough. and was managing to get in and out on occasion. if khan had more power i'd fancy him to win, as it stands at the moment though he hasnt, so it needs to be pacquiao.

That is the biggest problem with solving the Floyd enigma. People look at one fight, usually his previous, and state they can see a way fighter X, Y and Z would beat him.

Remember the Hatton fight? Floyd can't handle pressure fighters as Castillo proved, and he won't beat Hatton on the inside. Erm...nope.

Mosley? Mosley was bigger and stronger, and Floyd will win by getting on his bike and pot-shotting. Erm....nope

Ortiz? Floyd struggles with southpaws.Erm. Nope.

Floyd fights to win. You will see him do something against Ortiz because he is fighting Ortiz, and it is very effective against him. Doesn't mean he would do the same against Manny, or present the same opportunities.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

azumah HOF wrote:Floyd has spoken!

I chuckled at the point where Floyd says he's gotta get his mouth sewed up after the headbutts.

Ten years too late son, ten years too late.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

haha

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 18 Sep 2011, 5:14 pm

I wouldn't read too much into this fight. I didn't learn much I didn't know about Mayweather.

Only Manny can put Mayweather under real and sustained pressure but for whatever reason the Mayweather family seem to see Manny as some kind of bogey man.

I think Floyd would beat Pac so I don't see why it hasn't happened.

Khan's speed and aggression would give Mayweather a lot more of a workout than Ortiz did.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2