The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter

+21
Diggers
barragan
Davie
navyblueshorts
Noshankingtonite
Nay
kwinigolfer
GWR-Golfer
SmithersJones
oldparwin
JPX
Skydriver
Lairdy
Hibbz
McLaren
Doon the Water
Mercurio
Rossa
drive4show
super_realist
Maverick
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter - Page 3 Empty Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter

Post by Maverick Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:38 am

First topic message reminder :

So with the finish of the Tour Championship & FedEx the US tour strolls into it's fall series events. The ET is begining to come to it's end of regular season with a biggie at the Alfred Dunhill after which many top players will go into hibernation up until the RTD climax. October is upon us and winter tee's and greens are being prepped around the nation ready for Winter golf meaning were heading into non-qualifying competition season.

1. This brings me to the point of asking everyone how did you season go? What goals did you achieve and what ones were a little to far out of reach? What Competitions did you win or suffer crushing defeat in.

2. What equipment have you puchased that you feel is worth a look to others with the exception of belly putters!....

3. Whats or who has annoyed you this season and why? What can be done to change it!

4. Finally have you enjoyed the banter this year and what stands out in your mind...

I'll go first.....

1. Start of the year went well, Won a medal, Won a major comp our Club Masters event in it's first ever year. Managed to win the Parent child event with Mavette.... After that a complete wash out with ACL injury and only just resumed playing 6 months later and just happy to be back on the course. My goal pre season was to get to +1 and i'm currently 0.1 away from achieveing that so not all bad.

2. Purchased a pair of Adams Puglielli Black Wedges absolutely amazing and woould highly recommend them to all, check them out for yourself at http://www.adamsgolf.com/products/shortgame/puglielli_black.php

Also bought upon impulse a new putter as since my Scotty was stolen last year struggled to settle and the impulse buy for £50 (RRP is £65 got some discount) of a Benross Doral PureRed putter - white headed version has this month restored my belief on the greens and feels better than all the other expensive ones I have, though I would only suggest this putter for those that like the classic blade look - http://www.benrossgolf.com/index.php?page=doral+pure+red+putter

3. The biggest thing that annoyed me this year was sitting on the sidelines after injury and having to watch the Open from my armchair as I couldn't fully walk the course despite having tickets to all 4 days. They went to a good cause, what can be done to prevent in future is purely keeping fit and healthy whilst not overdoing it.

4. I always enjoy the banter with whoever I play, loved the banter on here and some of the heated debates even the ones that get taken personally.

My one singular highlight of this year has been watching my little lass develop and fall in love with the game.

So thats my review - annoyances etc.... Whats yours ?

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:10 pm

OK Tarka. Sounds great. I am leaving all the golf and social arrangements to my esteemed Wingman JAS. My golf isn't exactly winning too many awards right now, that just leaves, beer, cider, women sh!ts and giggles Yahoo
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter - Page 3 Empty Re: Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter

Post by Maverick Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:14 pm

Did someone say they need a wing man!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:47 pm

Noshankingtonite wrote:OK Tarka. Sounds great. I am leaving all the golf and social arrangements to my esteemed Wingman JAS. My golf isn't exactly winning too many awards right now, that just leaves, beer, cider, women sh!ts and giggles Yahoo

I think you are staying in Newquay, which is 20 min from my girlfriends parents in Camborne. I think I will drive down on the friday nite after work, park the car in camborne, go out for a few Cylil Sneers with youse and then get my good lady to pick me up in Newquay (will need to meet her ROUND THE CORNER from the strip club) would like a game on Saturday morning if possible to make the journey worthwhile and then head up to Brum on saturday evening. This plan is all dependent on my girlfriend not working on Friday evening till 10.30 as she does some fridays, either that or she is having an affair

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:54 pm

Tarka I think your missing the point of NST's women comment and wing man requirements your not meant to get the mrs to pick you up on those sort of nights out unless she's broadminded enough to pick you up from the womens house you picked up the night before Whistle

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

Maverick wrote:Tarka I think your missing the point of NST's women comment and wing man requirements your not meant to get the mrs to pick you up on those sort of nights out unless she's broadminded enough to pick you up from the womens house you picked up the night before Whistle

i've got a women in every port as they say

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:16 pm

[quote="tarka"]
Maverick wrote:

Can you bring along a spare for JAS, he'll never pull if he's got his fartpants on Whistle

Laugh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

[quote="drive4show"]
tarka wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Can you bring along a spare for JAS, he'll never pull if he's got his fartpants on Whistle

Laugh

if we have a curry i'll keep him away from the boiled egg madras.

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:04 pm

[quote="tarka"]
drive4show wrote:
tarka wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Laugh

if we have a curry i'll keep him away from the boiled egg madras.

Tarka, I'm not proud if you've got any 'spare' available down your manor. I'll even take the one with the gammy leg and lazy eye Whistle
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 30 Sep 2011, 9:34 pm

I have been given carte Blanche to enjoy myself on fri / sat. Well I wouldn't put any desperate junkies your way but I deal with the mentally Ill on a daily basis, dare I say if your struggling I can sort something out, any holes a goal and all that but you would be better sorting it out yourself, there are a multitude of horrors I can put your way but I couldn't cos you seem a good lad

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

tarka wrote: there are a multitude of horrors I can put your way but I couldn't cos you seem a good lad

So many punchlines for that one.........................

Laugh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by cornwell74 Sun 02 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

1. I had 4 goals this season and only accomplished one. The main one was to get to single figures (from 12). Finished on 10.2 and broke 80 3 times, but never finished better than third. Quite annoying as I'm pretty confident I have the game for it (shot 2 over 4 times in bounce games) but did not get a chance to play enough qualifying rounds due to work travel and the appalling weather (we've had 6 medals cancelled and a couple should never have been played).

2. I bought a Ping G10 driver at the start of the season that is now back in the garage with the other 4. It seemed to leak a bit right too often for me. Definitely shaft, not the head. Back to the 08 TM Burner. I was also gifted a Corza Ghost putter which I think I'm settling into.

3. The thing that has annoyed me this season has been the weather. I'm frankly sick of living in Scotland. The 'summers' are a joke, the standard of living is falling and the cost is rising. Time for me to get out of here.

4. Banter, shmanter. The one memory that have stood out for me this year was playing Royal Aberdeen over 6 and a half hours of punishing, driving wind and rain. I will never forget the miraculous restorative powers of beef jerky and Old Pulteney single malt.

cornwell74

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Mon 03 Oct 2011, 12:26 pm

JAS and no shanking tonite,

Spoke to my club pro on sunday Re: perranporth and he said it is a waste of space. You would be better with St Enedoc or Mullion.

I can have a few jars on friday night and a game on saturday if you pair were definitely interested. It is a 70 mile drive for me to Newquay area but my intention would be to drive after work and get there about 7pm going out for 7.30 - 8pm. let me know as I need to make arrangements. I would like a game on saturday morning before driving back home, I have to drive to Birmingham on Saturday night

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

1. Had the most bizarre season. Started it with my heart not really in it, not playing much and probably expecting this to be my last season. I will end it as Club Champion having played some of my best golf for many years, hcap lower than before I care to remember, so not bad.

2. Not bought anything this season, I did buy a 2 iron in January not sure if that counts though.

3. Nothing. Life's too short.

4. I've not really been on here that much due to lack of time, but I really miss the old 606 site for banter.

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Mon 03 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

Well done goldwolf, 'tis a strange game.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3