The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter

+21
Diggers
barragan
Davie
navyblueshorts
Noshankingtonite
Nay
kwinigolfer
GWR-Golfer
SmithersJones
oldparwin
JPX
Skydriver
Lairdy
Hibbz
McLaren
Doon the Water
Mercurio
Rossa
drive4show
super_realist
Maverick
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter - Page 2 Empty Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter

Post by Maverick Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:38 am

First topic message reminder :

So with the finish of the Tour Championship & FedEx the US tour strolls into it's fall series events. The ET is begining to come to it's end of regular season with a biggie at the Alfred Dunhill after which many top players will go into hibernation up until the RTD climax. October is upon us and winter tee's and greens are being prepped around the nation ready for Winter golf meaning were heading into non-qualifying competition season.

1. This brings me to the point of asking everyone how did you season go? What goals did you achieve and what ones were a little to far out of reach? What Competitions did you win or suffer crushing defeat in.

2. What equipment have you puchased that you feel is worth a look to others with the exception of belly putters!....

3. Whats or who has annoyed you this season and why? What can be done to change it!

4. Finally have you enjoyed the banter this year and what stands out in your mind...

I'll go first.....

1. Start of the year went well, Won a medal, Won a major comp our Club Masters event in it's first ever year. Managed to win the Parent child event with Mavette.... After that a complete wash out with ACL injury and only just resumed playing 6 months later and just happy to be back on the course. My goal pre season was to get to +1 and i'm currently 0.1 away from achieveing that so not all bad.

2. Purchased a pair of Adams Puglielli Black Wedges absolutely amazing and woould highly recommend them to all, check them out for yourself at http://www.adamsgolf.com/products/shortgame/puglielli_black.php

Also bought upon impulse a new putter as since my Scotty was stolen last year struggled to settle and the impulse buy for £50 (RRP is £65 got some discount) of a Benross Doral PureRed putter - white headed version has this month restored my belief on the greens and feels better than all the other expensive ones I have, though I would only suggest this putter for those that like the classic blade look - http://www.benrossgolf.com/index.php?page=doral+pure+red+putter

3. The biggest thing that annoyed me this year was sitting on the sidelines after injury and having to watch the Open from my armchair as I couldn't fully walk the course despite having tickets to all 4 days. They went to a good cause, what can be done to prevent in future is purely keeping fit and healthy whilst not overdoing it.

4. I always enjoy the banter with whoever I play, loved the banter on here and some of the heated debates even the ones that get taken personally.

My one singular highlight of this year has been watching my little lass develop and fall in love with the game.

So thats my review - annoyances etc.... Whats yours ?

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 5:32 am

super_realist wrote:
Hibbz wrote:
super_realist wrote:Very true Doon, I know a guy who got both a First from Edinburgh in Chem.Eng and A top ranked Masters yet if you locked him in a room with a tin of beans, a tin opener and just him, there would only be one winner.

Rather than mocking him for his inability to open a can maybe you should congratulate him on his skills in Chemical Engineering? There are plenty of people able to open cans, far fewer with his skills so who would you say was more useful to society as a whole?

Hibbz, are you actually being serious? I used it as example to show that academic achievement isn't always combined with intelligence or common sense. I'm sure everyone knows someone similar.
I'm sure that with his six figure job, Porsche and flash pad he doesn't need me congratulating him. It's actually a running joke amongst that particular circle of friends, so thanks for the patronising response, but he doesn't need me blowing smoke up his backside.

Thank you for your aggressive response.

So who would you rather be? Your pal with no common sense or intelligence but with a degree, a six figure salary and a Porsche or someone that can open a tin of beans?

Think I'll go for the further education.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Season - Reviews - Annoyances - General Banter

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

Excellent thread Mav.

1) Only real goal was to get down to 3 (now 3.7 having gained 0.1 last couple of outings mad). Haven't played/practiced enough really and driving has really let me down; if I could ally decent driving onto the rest of this season's game, I'd be pushing lower than 3. Comps won? Not enough really - won a Medal and been placed in a few others. Forgot to enter our singles matchplay (doh!).

2) Not bought too much kit that I'd recommend although my latest driver (Ping Rapture V2) does show signs of being exceptional if I can learn to put a decent swing on a drive once in a while!

3) Annoyances? Greenside bunkers at our place are a travesty (in general) as they are not consistent and rarely have enough sand in them steam. As for the 'who', can only think of the muppets who drove through our group the other week in a medal and didn't then apologise or acknowledge they'd been dumb. Oh, this "Summer's" weather was rudey poo as well.

4) Banter's been OK; some good bits and some dull bits but can't think of the standouts off the top of my head.

LJ's absence is a shame but not sure there's anything that can be done. Would love to meet fellow 606ers as I'm sure it'd be a great laugh with maybe some golf thrown in.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:23 am

For the record, though this has been stated more than once before, Neither NBS, Mav or myself had anything to do with LJ's departure though I'm sure we would all love to see him back.

As I understand it he was offered a return to the forum if he would apologize to Hobo - this (rightly or wrongly, I don't know the details) seemed to be beyond him.

I also understand the offer still stands. Other than that, you'd better direct any questions to hobo

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:32 am

Hibbz wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Hibbz wrote:
super_realist wrote:Very true Doon, I know a guy who got both a First from Edinburgh in Chem.Eng and A top ranked Masters yet if you locked him in a room with a tin of beans, a tin opener and just him, there would only be one winner.

Rather than mocking him for his inability to open a can maybe you should congratulate him on his skills in Chemical Engineering? There are plenty of people able to open cans, far fewer with his skills so who would you say was more useful to society as a whole?

Hibbz, are you actually being serious? I used it as example to show that academic achievement isn't always combined with intelligence or common sense. I'm sure everyone knows someone similar.
I'm sure that with his six figure job, Porsche and flash pad he doesn't need me congratulating him. It's actually a running joke amongst that particular circle of friends, so thanks for the patronising response, but he doesn't need me blowing smoke up his backside.

So who would you rather be? Your pal with no common sense or intelligence but with a degree, a six figure salary and a Porsche or someone that can open a tin of beans?

For heavens sake Hibbz, have you been taking your "missing the point" pills again?

I'm not having a go at my mate for pointing out that he lacks common sense or intelligence despite his academic brilliance and material trappings. I am merely using it as an example to disagree with Mac's assertion that if you have a good academic background then it also means you are intelligent.
My example clearly show that the two don't go hand in hand. It is neither a dig at my mate, nor is it a justification for being able to open a can of beans.

Have a wee think about the context before jumping to completely the wrong conclusion.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

I have a friend who is a QC.
Whilst at Uni he worked as a building labourer for the summers.

He always said that the levels of debate on the building site lunch break were always more intelligent than the Uni.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:55 am

navyblueshorts wrote:Would love to meet fellow 606ers as I'm sure it'd be a great laugh with maybe some golf thrown in.

Navy

I have long wanted to play Sherwood Forest which is your neck of the woods, maybe next year I'll make the trip up and we can meet up for a game/beer thumbsup

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:44 am

Doon the Water wrote:I have a friend who is a QC.
Whilst at Uni he worked as a building labourer for the summers.
He always said that the levels of debate on the building site lunch break were always more intelligent than the Uni.

I am really enjoying our site inspections to a current project. There is a terrific guy on the team in his 60s who converses intelligently and insightfully on every subject under the sun. He's a bit of a unique character - unfortunately I don't meet many others of his and later generations with such wisdom. Tabloid grunts if you're lucky.

My wife teaches, and many of her students have the opportunity to go into apprenticeships. Naturally there are those who will make a great effort and do really well - however, she is seeing an increasing number who don't have much self-motivation. It’s an energy that is draining from every demographic thanks to the modern politics of giving the people what they want without having to work for it. We are all the products of this social travesty. So, please quit the graduate slamming – it’s getting tedious.

P.S. How about a Ryder Cup style match using the Bunkered subscription free rounds at the Dukes and Turnberry Doon mentioned in an earlier thread. One of my pals is organising something similar for friends back in Ireland with singles matches at his home club in Edinburgh.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:55 am

1. Achieved no golfing goals at all this year, though as I didnt set any and have hardly played thats no suprise.
2. Unless balls count as kit then no.
3. Annoyances mainly not playing miraculously brilliant when I did get the chance for a rare outing.
4. Think the guys who have set this up have done a good job but for me it doesnt have the magic of 606 , whatever that was, somethings missing.

Also Id have to say that anyone who makes a sweeping statement on graduates/academics lacking common sense is clearly showing a lack of insight that possibly a university education might have helped them with....

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:00 am

Diggers wrote:...Also Id have to say that anyone who makes a sweeping statement on graduates/academics lacking common sense is clearly showing a lack of insight that possibly a university education might have helped them with....
Laugh thumbsup

drive4show wrote:Navy

I have long wanted to play Sherwood Forest which is your neck of the woods, maybe next year I'll make the trip up and we can meet up for a game/beer thumbsup
Can heartily recommend Sherwood Forest. Really nice track and the greens can be, shall we say, a bit quick at times. Would be good to hook up sometime next season. Will have to look at prices deals etc.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

Diggers wrote:Also Id have to say that anyone who makes a sweeping statement on graduates/academics lacking common sense is clearly showing a lack of insight that possibly a university education might have helped them with....

I think thats a very fair comment Diggers but also sweeping statements that class those that didn't go to further education as thick or less intelligent are equally showing lack of repsect.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:05 am

Cant argue with you there Mav.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:10 am

I think there should be a special thread set up for the discussion of education and its merits, we do seem to like that topic.

Actually I have an idea.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:11 am

started the year at 7.9, aim was to get to 4.9 and hang there. managed to get down to 5.0 after a couple of months, which included one win, three 2nd places, a 3rd, a 4th and four other top 10s from 12 starts, which was pleasing given our average field is between 130-160 players. though i ought to have converted some of the high finishes into a couple more wins - sloppy play prevented. pleased that the win came when i was off 5 rather than 8 though. gone backwards of late, have crept back up to 6, mainly through lack of practice and recent personal issues have made it difficult for me to focus on my golf when i do have the opportunity to play.

purchased a second hand set of mizuno mp32 irons this season. loving them, even though i've been struggling in general. great feel and control off the clubface. was given a skycaddie at the end of last year - which has been a fantastic addition, the best item of equipment for course management and scoring i've ever had. also picked up some vokey wedges in the winter which have performed well this year especially between 60-100 yards.

main gripe has been the weather. i've travelled nearly 500 miles for a couple of open competitions that were cancelled due to the weather, and 4 of our club medals were also cancelled. course condition has ranged wildly from very poor to really excellent. glad to say its back to its best at the moment so will take the opportunity tonight to get a couple of holes in, before sunday's home 'open'.

banter this year has been fantastic in our wee group. we've grown in 2 years from the 4 of us who joined together, to a group of 25 guys of varying ages and abilities. really enjoying their company, and had a great wee get-together a couple of weeks ago for a '4club challenge' which was great fun.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:14 am

McLaren wrote:I think there should be a special thread set up for the discussion of education and its merits, we do seem to like that topic.

Actually I have an idea.

No we don't thats the whole point of comments like the above that assumptions shouldn't be made, but if you want to Mac knock yourself out....

Last edited by Maverick on Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:15 am

Off Topic section would be the place for it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:45 pm

Davie wrote:Off Topic section would be the place for it

I may permit it on my anything goes thread.............. if the price is right............. Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:51 pm

Too late D4S he's created a thread that is at best laughable in a means to try to show golf/course management being for the intellectual bunch where us mere mortals are no better than hit it and hope types.....

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

Mav

yeah I saw that after my comment on here, already thrown my two'pennorth worth in Very Happy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:07 pm

Maverick wrote:Too late D4S he's created a thread that is at best laughable in a means to try to show golf/course management being for the intellectual bunch where us mere mortals are no better than hit it and hope types.....

Mav, Im interested you exclude yourself from being an intellectual. As far as I can see you devote a fair bit of time to thinking about the game and also about life in general and then express your opinions on here using the written word (pretty elequently and even though I dont always agree with the your opinion yo uare usually well informed).
I would say that makes you someone who uses their intellect reguarly and are therefore to a certain degree an intellectual (whether you like it or not). Just like most people on here.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:20 pm

There is only one intellectual on this board and that's kwini.

The rest of us are just opinionated gobshites Wink

Laugh

Run

notworthy

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:25 pm

Diggers: I appreciate the compliment, and that is in itself my point entirely of why I think Macs thread is pointless, many times on here he and some tohers have stated to be intellectual requires a certain level of education of which I do not have. But I do pay keen interest in a lot of things that go on and try not to state facts unless they are checked first and like to think I can conduct myself in the way you have descirbed me as I'm sure many others with my level of background can and do.

I don't ask for anyone to agree with me but I accept that and that's what these places are for, I like the fact we all have different opinions and that makes for good debate IMO. However sadly mac feels those of us that don't agree must be red top reading peasants and what's wrong with that as long as everyone is respectful to one and other

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:34 pm

The only reason I'm on here is because I'm an opinionated gobshite.

As the master at school said, "kwini, Why are you wasting your time filling in an UCCA Form?". He set me straight.

But try to get a job over here without a piece of paper that says you have a degree. I've been trying for nine years.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

Kwini, you were even known as Kwini at school? Incredible
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:46 pm

MPB,
Weren't you called MPB? Something not quite right there!
thumbsup

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:49 pm

Won first comp, captains evening with 43 pts,
Had a 41 pt and 42 points in rounds with friends and a touring pro friend
came 3rd out of 80 at Frilford heath with 34pts on countback in pharma-wholesaler day and qualified for final at Royal lytham St Annes...........

........scored 14 pts at Royal Lytham and 12pts 2 days later at home course. its got worse from there, shot 134 in medal a fortnight ago and been feeling very low, but been having lessons and i am on the way up again.

Bought Exotics xcg3 driver and 4w
Exotics bag
Motocaddy
vega wedge
second hand bettinardi, ping and scotty putters
c. 600 golf balls, got about 8 left

cheers,
onwards and upwards
Tarka

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

super_realist wrote:
Hibbz wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Hibbz wrote:

For heavens sake Hibbz, have you been taking your "missing the point" pills again?

I'm not having a go at my mate for pointing out that he lacks common sense or intelligence despite his academic brilliance and material trappings. I am merely using it as an example to disagree with Mac's assertion that if you have a good academic background then it also means you are intelligent.
My example clearly show that the two don't go hand in hand. It is neither a dig at my mate, nor is it a justification for being able to open a can of beans.

Have a wee think about the context before jumping to completely the wrong conclusion.

I'm certainly missing something you can clearly see. Where precisely on this thread does Mac make the assertion that having a good education means you are intelligent? All I can see his him winding up Mr Maverick about being so proud of working as opposed to seeking further education as I'd rather unfairly suggested he perhaps should (hell I can't be the only one that wants to bring our very own superhero down a peg or two). Besides I'm not sure knowing the difference between there, their and they're requires degree level education. Maybe just a little bit of care and attention.

I know this won't make me popular but I actually think it does matter on a forum too. For me it's a matter of good manners. If you want someone to take the time to read something you've posted then surely you should be willing to take a few seconds to make sure it's written correctly and is coherent. If you actually aren't able to then maybe I'll make allowances.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

Superhero now am I..... Wait need to pop out and put my pants over my trousers.... So am I wrong for being proud of goign to work rather than Uni, seems to me your taking everything far to personally Hibbz. Also if you don't like something with the worng spelling don't read it or bother commenting on it!!!!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:06 pm

Hibbz,
Isn't the important thing someone taking the time and making the effort to contribute rather than ensuring the Queens English is observed in every sentence?
Good Lord, One post of mine on 606 degenerated into a slagging off of my punctuation habits.
I for one appreciate Mav's significant contributions on here - as one non-Uni guy to another.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:10 pm

Maverick wrote:Superhero now am I..... Wait need to pop out and put my pants over my trousers.... So am I wrong for being proud of goign to work rather than Uni, seems to me your taking everything far to personally Hibbz. Also if you don't like something with the worng spelling don't read it or bother commenting on it!!!!

Iwent to uni, got a masters degree but hated every minute of uni. I went there as I needed the degree to get the job I wanted and now have a very decent standard of living which there is no way I would have had if I had done something like joined a bank like most of my family did. University isn't the be all and end all but statistically you will get paid more cash if you have a degree, just has to be a decent quality degree in something relevant and sought after, not nonsense degrees from tinpot institutions. Fair play to those that work from school, that is the way I can see it turning now as there is too much rubbish at university and two many people there who shouldn't be there (academically, I don't mean people have a born right to go)

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:13 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Hibbz,
Isn't the important thing someone taking the time and making the effort to contribute rather than ensuring the Queens English is observed in every sentence?
Good Lord, One post of mine on 606 degenerated into a slagging off of my punctuation habits.
I for one appreciate Mav's significant contributions on here - as one non-Uni guy to another.

Kwini, exactly I always thought the point was to post and enjoy the debate whether it's an opinion you agree with or not, how this has become open season on me I have no idea. Then again I have skin lika rhino and can take any crap thrown at me if thats no acceptable to all then theres always the opportunity to boxing as long as we kiss and makeup afterwards kiss

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

I also went to uni, but mainly for the birds and the good times experience. I passed that exam with flying colours Very Happy

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

Nothing, until now, has been said about me to take too personally Mr Maverick so I'm not sure where you got that from.

With regards to not reading or commenting I was led to believe you "like the fact we all have different opinions and that makes for good debate IMO"

As you would say two each there own.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:16 pm

JPX wrote:I also went to uni, but mainly for the birds and the good times experience. I passed that exam with flying colours Very Happy

I took that exam whilst in the army much prefered the practicle exams to the theory Whistle

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:20 pm

Kwini, they did but it stood for MustPassBetter as i was a footballer then!!

Hibbz, what on earth are you talking about?
Are you trying to say that the odd misuse of they're, there or their makes a post incoherent. If so, get a life!
I don't think i've ever read a post from Mav that i've found incoherent.
And as Mav has said, many people using this site do so from the office and are writing this things in at least a semi hurry and so the odd mispelling can be accepted.

I've said this plenty of time before but when someone on here resorts to critisism of grammar it means they've run out of reasonable golf related points to make. I know who i'd rather read!

Plus, i'd be hugely surprised if i couldn't go through your stuff and find mistakes galore. It's a dangerous route to go down.........
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:26 pm

Yes I'd agree with that but I would personally still take a little time to check it was as correct as I could make it. Just a Hibbz thing I guess.

With regards to your excessive use of commas I did actually think you'd maybe taken some time to check as all the posts of yours I've read on here didn't have the problem. You claimed at the time it didn't matter but as a result the ones on here have been far easier to read in my opinion. Actually the latest one did have a couple extra but I didn't wish to open the can of worms again because the content and writing style is as you said before all your own and I personally think more enjoyable as a result.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

Hibbz,
Was that you??!!
As it happens, and especially writing in English after 35 years of writing also in American, I try to use punctuation to make the cadence of what I'm try to say a bit easier to comprehend. May be a futile gesture of course.

PS: Writing in American will also crucify one's spelling.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Kwini, they did but it stood for MustPassBetter as i was a footballer then!!

Hibbz, what on earth are you talking about?
Are you trying to say that the odd misuse of they're, there or their makes a post incoherent. If so, get a life!
I don't think i've ever read a post from Mav that i've found incoherent.
And as Mav has said, many people using this site do so from the office and are writing this things in at least a semi hurry and so the odd mispelling can be accepted.

I've said this plenty of time before but when someone on here resorts to critisism of grammar it means they've run out of reasonable golf related points to make. I know who i'd rather read!

Plus, i'd be hugely surprised if i couldn't go through your stuff and find mistakes galore. It's a dangerous route to go down.........

Two of the categories of the topic were annoyances and general banter. So having answered the previous two (which no one has commented on) I rather flippantly had a "pop" at Mr Maverick and his grammar. I guess I didn't realise quite how touchy he is about it as I appear to have opened a can of worms. I didn't ever say his posts were incoherent or even comment on spelling mistakes which I've no doubt are the result of fat fingers and a small keyboard. Time constraints are no excuse for putting their instead of there. Or your instead of you're. Ur I would hate but grudgingly accept for either.

Does that mean I've "got a life"?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:46 pm

Was that you??!!
As it happens, and especially writing in English after 35 years of writing also in American, I try to use punctuation to make the cadence of what I'm try to say a bit easier to comprehend. May be a futile gesture of course.

PS: Writing in American will also crucify one's spelling.

Guilty as charged. I reckon Neil Webb could still do a better job than anyone either of us has to offer at the moment too.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:48 pm

Hibbz not at all touchy about my spelling as i've said i've skin like a Rhino so please insult spelling grammar or whatever you like. If thats what gives you pleasure then i'm happy for you.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:52 pm

Hibbz,
The young Neil Webb was a genius, but you've lost me as to the relevance.
Altho I do vaguely remember some sort of exchange about his postal service . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

Hibbz, the reason for the misuse of 'there' is irrelevant. The fact remains that there is no need to criticise unless it makes the post incoherent. Whilst you brought up incoherence, you've now admitted that you don't find Mav's posts incoherent. So as far as I can see there are no problems. I'm not sure the 'annoyances' bit was intended to invite sneaky, slightly offensive digs at others on here.

I've no knowledge of 'ur' life but for info it's 'does that mean I have a life'.
'I've got' is poor grammar.....
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

Maverick wrote:Hibbz not at all touchy about my spelling as i've said i've skin like a Rhino so please insult spelling grammar or whatever you like. If thats what gives you pleasure then i'm happy for you.

Um I think it came under the category of annoyances old bean.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:57 pm

The young Neil Webb was a genius, but you've lost me as to the relevance.
Altho I do vaguely remember some sort of exchange about his postal service . . . .

As a Forest fan I think it was where we found common ground. I'm a postman so I'm guessing that's how he came up in conversation.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Hibbz, the reason for the misuse of 'there' is irrelevant. The fact remains that there is no need to criticise unless it makes the post incoherent. Whilst you brought up incoherence, you've now admitted that you don't find Mav's posts incoherent. So as far as I can see there are no problems. I'm not sure the 'annoyances' bit was intended to invite sneaky, slightly offensive digs at others on here.

I've no knowledge of 'ur' life but for info it's 'does that mean I have a life'.
'I've got' is poor grammar.....

Get a life.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

Annoyances if i'm an annoyance i've still touched your life in someway so thats the point of this place and i'm happy with that kiss

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:01 pm

Maverick wrote:Annoyances if i'm an annoyance i've still touched your life in someway so thats the point of this place and i'm happy with that :kiss:

"True dat"

xx

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:01 pm

Hibbz wrote:Get a life.

Concession accepted
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 29 Sep 2011, 8:39 pm

tarka wrote:Won first comp, captains evening with 43 pts,
came 3rd out of 80 at Frilford heath with 34pts on countback in pharma-wholesaler day and qualified for final at Royal lytham St Annes...........

........scored 14 pts at Royal Lytham and 12pts 2 days later at home course. its got worse from there, shot 134 in medal a fortnight ago and been feeling very low, but been having lessons and i am on the way up again.

Exotics bag
Motocaddy
vega wedge

cheers,
onwards and upwards
Tarka

Tarka: JAS and I heading down your manor next week. If you want to meet up for a beer of something let us know...... BTW don't bring the bloke that knocks one out in the gents - his company we do not need Yikes
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:19 pm

Hibbz wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Hibbz wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Hibbz wrote:

I'm certainly missing something you can clearly see. Where precisely on this thread does Mac make the assertion that having a good education means you are intelligent? All I can see his him winding up Mr Maverick about being so proud of working as opposed to seeking further education as I'd rather unfairly suggested he perhaps should (hell I can't be the only one that wants to bring our very own superhero down a peg or two). Besides I'm not sure knowing the difference between there, their and they're requires degree level education. Maybe just a little bit of care and attention.

I know this won't make me popular but I actually think it does matter on a forum too. For me it's a matter of good manners. If you want someone to take the time to read something you've posted then surely you should be willing to take a few seconds to make sure it's written correctly and is coherent. If you actually aren't able to then maybe I'll make allowances.

Hibbz - if you say something that's worth reading then we'll read it - if you are just looking to have a go at respected contributors to this forum then prepare to be shot at!
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by tarka Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:54 pm

Noshankingtonite wrote:
tarka wrote:Won first comp, captains evening with 43 pts,

Exotics bag
Motocaddy
vega wedge

cheers,
onwards and upwards
Tarka

Tarka: JAS and I heading down your manor next week. If you want to meet up for a beer of something let us know...... BTW don't bring the bloke that knocks one out in the gents - his company we do not need Yikes

My parents were scheduled to come down that weekend but they are coming down the weekend after due to a better deal on flights. I am going to a trade exhibition at Birmingham NEC on the sunday and will probably leave on saturday evening and stay over. Could go out for a pint or two on the friday night, not sure of your schedule. I can play a round on the saturday morning if anyone is up for it and will stay at my partners parents on Friday night if it is a goer, let me know your plans, would be good to meet up

tarka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next