The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wayne Rooney- What is the matter with him?!

+5
JPX
Thomond
Gregers
John Cregan
Crimey
9 posters

Go down

Wayne Rooney- What is the matter with him?! Empty Wayne Rooney- What is the matter with him?!

Post by Crimey Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

It seems every time Wayne Rooney is in the middle of rebuilding his potential, showing that he is maturing, showing that he can cope with the responsibility a player in his position should have he does something to mess it up. That kick last night was madness, he will now miss one, maybe even two games at Euro 2012 all because of his own immaturity and frustration.

A couple of weeks ago, Wayne Rooney was claiming he wanted to be Manchester United and England captain, but I just can't see it until he screws his head on properly and stops lashing out. Although England were already playing poor in the second half, I think there's a very good chance had Rooney not stupidly got himself sent off the result could have been in England's favour, it was unneccesary, childish and once again Rooney has made himself hated again, just as his reputation was recovering after the World Cup.

I'm sure he'll probably claim it was something to do with Rooney Sr. being arrested, but I honestly think he would have done it either way, I cannot believe that Capello didn't make sure that Rooney was able to play before picking him. Will he ever learn? He's 25 now, and it's seems we've been asking that question for the past 7 years. The number of times the media and fans have claimed he is maturing finally, and we'll see him get even better now that he has lost that idiocy, but every time we seem him prove that wrong, that he is still as childish as ever, and despite his obvious talent he will always be a liability for England and not somebody who we can give any form of responsibility.

England did not play very well, granted, but I think the villain of the Montenegro game has to be Wayne Rooney, his stupid act may harm us beyond just this match into the actual tournament and the media will once again be on his back, which is usually when his confidence drops. Silly, stupid....Wayne Rooney.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney- What is the matter with him?! Empty Re: Wayne Rooney- What is the matter with him?!

Post by John Cregan Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:55 am

Can't disagree with much of that..............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney- What is the matter with him?! Empty Re: Wayne Rooney- What is the matter with him?!

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:00 pm

I reckon he'll get a 2 match ban, which would mean 2/3 group games right? So for the next few friendlies does Capello stick with him or start experimenting with different strikers?

With Bent, Sturridge, Welbeck and even Agbonlahor providing some pace upfront, you couldgo with a combination of two of them and look to get the ball forward quickly. Another option is to play one of them up top and have 4-5-1/4-3-3 to go with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:09 pm

I wasn't a fan of Capello going back to 4-4-2 last night, although I suspect that's because in the Wales game Rooney kept on dragging the whole team out of position by coming deep which I suppose can't happen if there is another striker beside him, but 4-4-2 just cannot work at a high level when football matches are almost always won and lost in a battle of the midfield.

I think Capello will have to start experimenting a bit up front with his strikers in the friendlies, but will still have to at least let Rooney play some games so that he can return after his suspension with ease.

I hope Andy Carroll can get into form over the next couple of weeks now he has broken his goal scoring duck and can force his way into the England side, as I do think that Capello would most likely pick him ahead of Sturridge, Welbeck and Agbonlahor, with only Bent and Rooney ahead of him in the pecking order.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:18 pm

If Sturridge and Welbeck start playing from the off for their clubs then I think they'd be first choice. Best to give both of them a couple of caps before taking them to the tournament.

I think at 2012 it will be a midfield of Wilshere, Parker, Young, Walcott and Rooney playing off a striker. Without Rooney I think it'd be interesting to play Walcott behind the striker with Young and Downing either side of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:22 pm

I think 2012's midfield and attack depends on Gerrard's form and fitness this year to be honest. If he does perform well then I would expect a midfield five of Parker, Wilshere, Gerrard, Young, Walcott/Downing and then Rooney up front. The midfield is much more fluid then with Gerrard and Wilshere swapping who attacks and who defends and it can go from a 1-4-1 to a 5-1 fairly quickly.

If he doesn't stay fit then I would probably play your formation.

When Rooney doesn't play, I think we'll probably just do a straight swap for a different player rather than trying a different system, just so Rooney can easily slot back into the side when he returns.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:I think 2012's midfield and attack depends on Gerrard's form and fitness this year to be honest. If he does perform well then I would expect a midfield five of Parker, Wilshere, Gerrard, Young, Walcott/Downing and then Rooney up front. The midfield is much more fluid then with Gerrard and Wilshere swapping who attacks and who defends and it can go from a 1-4-1 to a 5-1 fairly quickly.

If he doesn't stay fit then I would probably play your formation.

When Rooney doesn't play, I think we'll probably just do a straight swap for a different player rather than trying a different system, just so Rooney can easily slot back into the side when he returns.

Gerrard should be nowhere near the England side IMO, at least not if he doesn't show his old form. And Walcott? Downing? Seriously?

Something like:

--------------------------------
--------Parker-Wilshire----------
Sturridge-----Rooney-----Young
-----------Wellbeck------------

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:36 pm

Well considering Walcott has been consisently picked by Capello I would expect him to be in the team for Euro 2012, since there will be only be friendlies from now on until the tournament. Downing was also being picked by Capello recently.

Sturridge wasn't even in the squad last night, and Welbeck has only had a couple of minutes run out for England. To change the team so drastically before Euro 2012 is a bad idea in my opinion, the experimentation in friendlies from now on has to be kept at a minimum, they should be used to get the team being that, a team.

I think Sturridge and Welbeck probably will end up being in the squad come the summer, but they haven't been picked by Capello yet, so I wouldn't like to see Capello making too many changes with the team from now on.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:47 pm

The thing is Walcott is rubbish and Downing has never impressed. Mind you Capello has made some proper stupid decisions recently

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 2:58 pm

Rooney will never change and eradicate these acts of petulance I'm afraid but that's just the way he is. Zidane was of the same ilk and I suppose it's the nature of the beast. Not Ideal we know but it is what it is.

Am I missing something with Wellbeck? Is he that good to warrant all the praise he appears to be getting? I'm not so sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:13 pm

His problem is he has a temper. Like Barton a great player but prone to acting the ghoul. Lot like Keano. He could still be the captain but I wouldn't be in favour of putting a striker as your captain,midfielder or Centre back for me.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

Thomond wrote:His problem is he has a temper. Like Barton a great player
Correction, Barton is not a great player. He's only a good player in average teams.

Unfortunately, as good as Rooney is, he's a thug at heart and that will always be the case.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Does anybody think that the added responsibility of being England captain MIGHT go some way in calming Rooney down a little?

I doubt it would but it has been mooted.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:00 pm

The problem with Rooney is exactly the same problem with all people who have limited (retarded) intelligence, parents who set a bad example and being brought up around the wrong type of people (scum), they never change whether they are capable of changing or not.
Just like JT, if Rooney wasn't a talented footballer, he'd either be in jail, a dealer, have 4 kids with different women that he never sees, or dead in a ditch.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

ReallyReal wrote:The problem with Rooney is exactly the same problem with all people who have limited (retarded) intelligence, parents who set a bad example and being brought up around the wrong type of people (scum), they never change whether they are capable of changing or not.
Just like JT, if Rooney wasn't a talented footballer, he'd either be in jail, a dealer, have 4 kids with different women that he never sees, or dead in a ditch.

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think! All jokes aside you are probably right Real.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReallyReal Sat 08 Oct 2011, 4:14 pm

FreekShow wrote:
ReallyReal wrote:The problem with Rooney is exactly the same problem with all people who have limited (retarded) intelligence, parents who set a bad example and being brought up around the wrong type of people (scum), they never change whether they are capable of changing or not.

Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think! All jokes aside you are probably right Real.
I'm getting splinters Laugh , but I should change the word 'all' in my opening line to, 'the vast majority of' as obviously there will be very rare examples of people who manage to climb out of their s*** upbringing to lead a productive and honourable lifestyle.

ReallyReal

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 08 Oct 2011, 5:02 pm

FreekShow wrote:Does anybody think that the added responsibility of being England captain MIGHT go some way in calming Rooney down a little?

Well Terry, Ferdinand and Gerrard have all been captain but have all shown plenty of examples of scumbag behaviour and rampant stupidity.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 08 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

super_realist wrote:
FreekShow wrote:Does anybody think that the added responsibility of being England captain MIGHT go some way in calming Rooney down a little?

Well Terry, Ferdinand and Gerrard have all been captain but have all shown plenty of examples of scumbag behaviour and rampant stupidity.

In general, they don't do it on the pitch though. Gerrard has never been a permanent captain either.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 08 Oct 2011, 8:39 pm

If I am honest I think it is a blessing in disguise.

Hear me out.

There is no doubt with the upcoming friendlies and lots of preparation before the Euro Championships. This is a real opportunity for strikers such as Carroll, Sturridge, Zamora to put a marker down for a permanent place in the starting 11.

Look at the facts. Rooney hasn't scored at a Major international tournament since 2004. That worries me alot. Young is impressing me more and more. Bent is showing he can score at international level and hold his own.

England do need a holder of the ball who can do something special when required. Yes we hae seen Rooney do it at club level and in europe. But at major tournaments internationally he struggles.

England need someone to step up and challenge Rooney for that spot and I think there is a big oportunity up ahead.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

I agree, if the trio of Young, Bent and Walcott manage to impress and get a few goals against top teams like Holland and Portugal it leaves Capello with a difficult choice.

I just hope Zamora isn't involved in the set up, at 30 he doesn't have many years left at the top level and doesn't exactly bring much experience at international level or even Champions League.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:06 am

To be fair to Rooney he realised pretty quickly he messed up and seemed to handle it all better than he did in the past so while he was stupid in getting sent of he did handle it more maturly than his previous moments of stupidity.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down