The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major Major Tna Spoiler.

+19
Brady12
crippledtart
JoshSansom
Samo
Celtic Warrior
Kay Fabe
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
dyrewolfe
longrangeeffort
marty2086
Mr H
sodhat
theundisputedY2D2
MtotheC
Beer
Crimey
Aaronb33
The Awesome Giz
HitmanOwl
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Major Major Tna Spoiler. - Page 2 Empty Major Major Tna Spoiler.

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 19 Oct 2011, 2:16 am

First topic message reminder :

We have a new world heavyweight champion......

It's not Robert Roode Sad

Its..........

James Storm.

Thoughts?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Major Major Tna Spoiler. - Page 2 Empty Re: Major Major Tna Spoiler.

Post by sodhat Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:25 am

And Hogan spelt Roode's name wrong.

I think they're going for the same sort of thing that WWE did with Christian when turning him earlier this year; except of course Vince wasn't then on Twitter telling anyone there was a bigger picture and calling people that were let down by the build going nowhere fools.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:26 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
Imagine if Tesco took all the filling out of their pies. And when people got home from Tesco and started eating their pies they realised they were empty. And then people complained, and the Managing Director of Tesco issued a statement that all of those customers are fools and it's really fun hearing about their disappointment. .

It's only 9:26 - but I know that's going to be the funniest thing I read all day Laugh

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:06 am

sodhat wrote:And Hogan spelt Roode's name wrong.

I think they're going for the same sort of thing that WWE did with Christian when turning him earlier this year; except of course Vince wasn't then on Twitter telling anyone there was a bigger picture and calling people that were let down by the build going nowhere fools.

Hogan and espicially Bischoff cant handle criticism they do their own thing and look down on anybody who says they are doing it wrong. They think they know best because theyve been in the business for years and done it before but forget when they did it they took the biggest and freshest product and turned it stale fast destroying a multi million dollar company in the process

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:14 am

I just don't get their whole outlook of "Haha! Look at the marks! Dumbasses!" because they should be trying to attract as many fans as possible, not potentially turning them away.

Fair enough, if there's an outcry like there was with the Bobby Roode situation turn around and say "Bear with us on this one, there's a plan" instead of shouting "Screw you, you stupid fans! You're all stupid and you smell! We'll show you! Hahahaha!"

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:27 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:
Mr H wrote:I genuinely think TNA write their show, then at the end of the weekly episode of Impact they screw up the script, toss it over their shoulder and say 'right, what shall we do next week then'.

That would be seven days' more planning than you get from WWE...

I don't mind this progression at all. The plan is clearly to turn Roode heel because he's bitter about Storm succeeding where he failed.

I believe TNA planned to put the belt on Roode before Hogan's power play, therefore the pre-BFG montages make sense. It was amateurish to change their minds at the last second, but I applaud them for not going with Roode as champion half-heartedly. They changed their minds, so they changed the booking. Harsh on Roode, and totally incompetent, but in my opinion the best course of action.

This also gives him even more reason to be bitter, which would help his heel turn down the road (at least three months from now, I would hope, and preferably in 6-9 months setting up the BFG 2012 main event). The company has decided they want Storm as the babyface and Roode as the jealous heel; it would have been a lot harder to achieve this if Roode had won the belt. As things stand, he's got a lot more justification for being jealous.

If TNA decided - however late in the day it literally was - that they do not want to go with Bobby Roode as their top babyface, I think it was the right decision to have Angle win the PPV main event and then get the title onto Storm. Of course, the decision should have been made sooner than Sunday afternoon, and the Hogan radio interview was a disgrace, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it would have done the company no good to put the belt on a wrestler they didn't believe in at their biggest PPV of the year.

The rest of Impact sounds like the usual complete and utter pap. People from the old days talking lots. Hopefully the Storm/Roode storyline can save the company, because whatever Sting and Hogan and Dixie say, nobody else can.

It comes down to two things for me:

1) If TNA didnt believe in Roode or have faith in him to be their top babyface, then why the hell have win the BFG series?

2) Even if they only decided late in the day he wasnt their go-to guy, there was still no need whatsoever for the screwy finish. If they wanted Angle to retain why not have him have Roode in the ankle lock in the middle of the ring with Roode passing out and refusing to tap, it keeps him looking strong & badass and would have been an acceptable finish to their biggest PPV of the year.

On another note, annoyingly part of me actually enjoyed the Hogan v Sting match. Sting just proves that age doesnt matter, he's still got it and i for one would mark out if he turned up in the WWE one day.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:43 pm

Could of been worse guys for one awful second I scrolled I thought is it...... surely it can't be ..... Hogan

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Fri 21 Oct 2011, 5:47 pm

I was hoping i would of been Crimson, but i suppose hes fruding with Joe and maybe Morgan ATM

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

I watched it this morning, and it was surprisingly well done. The emotion shown by James Storm made all the criticism worth it in my eyes. Very worthy world champ and I'm guessing, based off the post match promo work, the start of an inter-Fortune title picture, which is great in my opinion.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:16 pm

Brady12 wrote:Could of been worse guys for one awful second I scrolled I thought is it...... surely it can't be ..... Hogan

My exact thoughts when I just read this!!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:20 pm

I am genuinely looking forward to the day that TNA goes bust. Why half the guys there continue to work for dickheads like Hogan & Bischoff is completely beyond me.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 22 Oct 2011, 2:48 pm

The thought of TNA going bust is horrendous, no matter how garbage the booking is the Wrestling world needs as many main stream Wrestling companies as possible

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 22 Oct 2011, 2:53 pm

I completely agree with what you are saying Gaff but Bischoff & Hogan are running it into the ground and the quicker their egos are off our tele the better.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 22 Oct 2011, 2:58 pm

I agree they are a cancer but going bust isn't the answer, if there was no TNA then Vince would never have given Punk the push he got IMO, Punk's the kinda guy who would have had no problem turning up on iMPACT! if he felt like it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 22 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

What irks me the most is that there are guys on the TNA roster that should be HUGE but continue to get used dreadfully whilst Flair, Jarrett, & Bischoff continue to get pushed into the spotlight. You aren't relevant, retire dammit!!

furious

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Sun 23 Oct 2011, 12:16 am

Just watched it and got to say I'm not at all disappointed with how things have panned out. During the build up to BFG with Bobby Roode winning the series, it seemed almost too choreographed that he would win the title.

I was actually thinking it would be better for him to lose and for TNA to run a similar story to ROH's earlier in the year with Edwards and Richards.

I'd go with Storm keeping the title for a while, losing it and then regaining it leading to a match with Roode down the line, maybe next year's BFG.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2