The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

major raw spoiler

+18
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
JoshSansom
Nakatomi Plaza
theundisputedY2D2
Samo
Mr H
psycho-gooner
Looseheaded
Hulking_up
TheCultOfPersonality
Dolphin Ziggler
TopoftheChops
NickisBHAFC
bretmeharty
owen10ozzy
Kay Fabe
CenaNuff
Hero
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

major raw spoiler Empty major raw spoiler

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:21 am

John cena comes out and does usual champ is here nonsense

sandow comes down assaults the injured arm and we have his cash in.

On top of the beatdown cena taking alot of punishment in this which means one thing

cena is going to win

Back to top Go down

major raw spoiler Empty Re: major raw spoiler

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:33 am

Un-smegging-believable

what is the actual point of anybody else being on this roster while this guys about.

cena is superman again. Only been back two shows and I want him to go away again already

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:43 am

Disagree entirely.
Yes Sandow lost but he got more of a rub from that match than anything he's done in his career so far.
A fantastic match and potentially a career maker for Sandow.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:54 am

That may be but its still totally BS. Just same old same old generic crap from WWE were Cena is concerned.

While hes been away Raw and WWE in general has been a breath of fresh air. Really solid viewing. Now hes been back 5 minutes and I already want to claw my eyes out

only time will tell whether WWE pull the trigger on a Sandow push. I see him ending up back in midcard now getting lost in the US or Intercontinental titles scene before eventually ending up in another tag team because WWE dont have any plans for him

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:04 am

So WWE put on a fantastic opening match that lasts 30 mins, has the crowd chanting yet because Cena wins despite Sandow getting the biggest push possible from a loss people still only see Supercena.

picard 

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:08 am

Quite possibly the best opening hour of Raw in a long time, pulling out the stops.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:16 am

It doesnt really help that for the duration of the match the commentators where calling Cena Superman

maybe sandow did look good in it, but the flip side of that is he threw everything at a not 100% Cena and it still wasnt good enough. Thats my problem. If he was against a fighting fit Cena and put that show on then fair enough but as if it wasnt enough cena has just come back from surgery he also has to get beaten down before the match as well

I dont even know why im bothered as I didnt really like the thought of a sandow title run anyway, I just wish the wwe would mix it up now and again were cena is concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:17 am

Hero wrote:Quite possibly the best opening hour of Raw in a long time, pulling out the stops.
I seen they had the US title on after it. Who won?

I was only watching because I seen the briefcase was getting cashed in. Turned it off after that to try and get some shut eye

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:18 am

Sandow beat the crap out of Cena before the match, those beatdowns usually have people scripted out of the show for a while.

But no, Cena who miraculously recovered from an injury 4 months ahead of schedule was able to recover from a beatdown during a comercial break and outlast a fresh man in a 30 minute fight.

How does that make anybody's career? He's the first man ever to cash in and lose MITB clean. picard

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:21 am

Just finished the Cena/Sandow match, thought it was brilliant and definitely the right result, Sandow isn't ready to be Champion yet but after that rub from Cena he'll now be seen as a contender at that level, also im delighted that it's not another generic cash in and win, thats 2 cash ins in the last year that didn't result in a new World Champion, hopefully this brings a bit of uncertainty back into the Cash ins.

Cena has taken bigger beatings than that and survived, I don't want to see him losing on free TV for the Title unless its a huge angle, this was well done but it wouldn't have resulted in a huge angle

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:28 am

Kay Fabe wrote:Just finished the Cena/Sandow match, thought it was brilliant and definitely the right result, Sandow isn't ready to be Champion yet but after that rub from Cena he'll now be seen as a contender at that level, also im delighted that it's not another generic cash in and win, thats 2 cash ins in the last year that didn't result in a new World Champion, hopefully this brings a bit of uncertainty back into the Cash ins.

Cena has taken bigger beatings than that and survived, I don't want to see him losing on free TV for the Title unless its a huge angle, this was well done but it wouldn't have resulted in a huge angle
Sandow is not ready to be champion, I agree. Since he won MITB he has been in squash matches nearly every week. So why give him MITB in the 1st place and why make him cash in?

At least when the likes of Miz and Ziggler cashed in, they seemed like legit champions. Sandow is just going to end up another Thwagger.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Oct 2013, 9:47 am

So why give him the case? Firstly I dont know why they gave him it, I like him but it was random, secondly its good that someone doesn't win the title from time to time, the MitB became to generic, almost every cash in was the same with the same outcome, its good to mix it up.

I don't mind Sandow having the case and I don't mind how he is booked pre cash in, the whole point of having the case means you've earned your title shot already so from a kayfabe prespectiv3 its not important for hin to need to win matches, his title shot is already secure.

Thats the problem with the MitB, from a storyline prospective it'd make sense to build any challenger up to the point they earn their title shot but winning the MitB case means they've earned that shot, they can just phone it in until the point it comes to cashing it in, you have to mix it up or else it just becomes generic and predictable.

I also don't think The Miz was the star you make him out to be when he cashed in the MitB, from mwmory he spent the montha before cashing in his MitB being Daniel Bryan's bitch at the same time WWE were trying to make DB a weird laughing stock via Michael Cole, as for Ziggler, when he won the MitB he was only really presented like a star at Survivor Series and beating Cena at TLC, remember this is the guy who they didn't feel it was necessary to book him a feud for WrestleMania, instead he was stuck in a tag titles match, all this was the day before he was actually allowed to cash it in, he dropped it almost instantly.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:15 pm

The problem isn't so much that Cena won, I agree it freshens up the MITB cash in scene, the problem is the manner in which Cena is back in tow! Yes it was a good match, in fact a very good match but I totally disagree that it has done Sandow any good what so ever. Reason being....WWE won't build on it...is that Cena's fault? Well no not really....but he is directly involved in the sense that he was the guy who had a tough fight with Del Rio at Hell In The Cell...came through it and then took an absolute beating off Sandow before pinning him with one move...and a move that is basically a firemans lift...oh and it was done with one arm.

You can look at it and think 'oh but they allowed Sandow that ring time etc etc'...but this is Cena we are talking about. This wasn't a case of making Damian look strong...it was another chance to put Cena at the top of the tree. He beats the MITB case holder, 2 months after having major surgery and all with one arm. It's another notch in the belt for Superman and that is the only reason they had Sandow go with him for so long. I fully expect Sandow to be totally dropped from contention now. Meanwhile Cena will go on 'overcoming the odds' (which isn't even true now as the odds would have to be him beating 5 men at once for it to even be a shock, and even then it kind of wouldn't) all the way to Wrestlemania where he beats the then WWE Champion and unifies the titles...in fact he will probably do that by either beating 'The Corporation Champion' bringing to an end that storyline or by taking the Streak!

All in all I hated RAW....it actually put everything that is wrong with WWE in full view. Cena is immediately in the limelight opening up the show despite being the champion of the blue brand...they pushed the HBK segment to the middle of the show to compensate, despite that being the main storyline currently. Then we had the Wyatt family attack both Bryan and Punk...why?! It makes no storyline sense....it's been done because they don't know what to do with Punk or Bryan so to cover both options have the family attack both. We had Kane give himself over to Stephanie...seemingly done with the Wyatts despite not getting any kind of revenge...and where does he fit in...who does he target on behalf of the family? Goldust/Rhodes..well no because they have the Shield to deal with...Miz? Possibly but again makes no sense....

Clearly Bryan is finished with the WWE title for the time being....doesn't look like Punk is getting involved in it. That leaves Show who isn't employed...so basically they re-instate him if he drops the lawsuit and he gets a title shot...which he will get screwed out of no doubt.

The writing is all over the place once again apart from the main storyline and even that I think is an area they aren't really sure where to go with. We have Cena back and immediately taking one of the most important sections of the show despite not having anything to do with RAW...that is a sign of things to come which is what frustrates people the most.

Back to square one once again from what I can see....expect Bryan to begin his drop to high midcard...Punk to float around from mini-feud to mini feud...Cena and Orotn (the old guards) to be pushed towards Wrestlemania showdown with Triple H keeping himself in the spotlight along the way.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:29 pm

Appreciate the detailed post Ozzy, the first two paragraphs were my feelings this morning but I was way tired and tbh a little frustrated and just ended up venting, but you've summed up the essence of what I felt

Sandow has nowhere to go now, granted he wasn't ready to be champion but its not likle he's going to have a rivalry with Cena either to build on that as ADR has his rematch at SS

I haven't watched the rest of Raw but recorded it so will watch the remainder tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

No worries gazzyD,

Most people are aware I'm not the biggest Cena fan. In fact I despise the guy purely because for someone who has been in the business for so long he should be a hell of a lot better wrestler.

Whilst it isn't his fault he is where is in terms of his standing as the face of the company, which he is even without the belt, he could do a lot more to appease people and to put over other talent. He is in a position within the company where you sense he is immune to warnings etc because he sells so much (not in the wrestling sense obviously...he is terrible at that) and is such a big figure within the dressing room. Yet he doesn't really seem to give people the rub of the green. When he goes in with mid carders they very rarely come out looking strong and when he is in and due to lose I would argue he comes across as very poor (Punk not included). He buried NEXUS...he buried New NEXUS...he made Miz look shocking at Wrestlemania with his poor wrestling and he did the same the year Rock won (think he looked disinterested both times).

He isn't entirely to blame obviously, the lazy ass writers should also take much of the blame because they find it too easy to just write him into everything...though this is given the greenlight by the likes of HHH. If however Cena cared for the business as much as he claimed surely he would see that by being front and center all the time he is directly affecting the future of the business and not in a good way. He is a big enough star to say...''actually Vince...actually Paul...I don't think I should open the show...lets keep the Corporation as the focal point...I will open up Smackdown given that's the title belt I have around me''....or to say 'No I don't think it makes sense for me to close every PPV during Punk's record title reign...he is the champion he should be closing out the PPV'...

For someone who cares so much and loves the business he seems blind to what his presence is doing to it in the long term. Do I think he is blind to it?...No I actually just think the guy smacks of arrogance yet many people don't see it. The likes of HHH and HBK have often been heavily criticised for burying stars and making themselves the focal point long after their time...this guy is and will continue to do the same but his whole 'I love kids' etc persona will keep people from noticing!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 29 Oct 2013, 3:58 pm

I like the fact Punk and Bryan have been taken out by the same group, will this have a coincidental explanation? I don't think so personally, I feel this is a hook to get Bryan and Punk aligned, I'm glad Bryan was allowed to go it alone for a while but the whole storyline screamed for everything Punk stood for, him noy being involved has been an elephant in the room.

I loved the HBK promo, thought it was excellent, he's such a great heel, its a shame he never did it enough in his last 8 years as a wrestler.

I had no problem with the flow of the show, infact I thought it went perfectly, Cena coming out then a MitB cash in had more initial impact than if they done it half way through the show, also, despite not liking Big Show that segment had to end the show so I've no problems with that positioning either.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 29 Oct 2013, 5:10 pm

Haven't seen it for weeks and this doesn't make me want too.

What a load of BS!!!

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 29 Oct 2013, 5:19 pm

Complete rubbish, what is the point in Sandow cashing in and losing? Just stupid, another Cena coming over the odds to win rubbish. I did love the cash in and the match itself, but Cena winning is stupid, that being said like others have said Sandow has proven he does deserve to stay in the main event picture.

Not going to lie i marked out when Bryan put HBK in the YES lock, seems they are going down the HBK heel turn line.

The Wyatt family attacking Bryan and Punk, what was that all about?! Who put them up to it? Why attack Punk? So many questions i love it!

Kane taking his mask off, seems he is going to be added as the McMahons body guard. So he has turned heel. Ill imagine we will get a comedy face turn from him in 6 months time.

Great Raw.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Tue 29 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm

What happened with Sandow was best for business. The guy isn't worthy of a major championship yet, the only major feud he has had was the one with Cody. Sandow is sometimes lucky to feature on a PPV at the moment due to the creative not knowing what to do with him. If they give him a proper feud to work with, he could be a future star of the company. I do admit the way he lost has probably put him back a few steps but I'm sure he will get his opportunity in the future. I read that he may be turning face in the near future so that may explain why he cashed in early on Cena as Cena may be the WHC for a long time.

The Michaels/Bryan thing works well, I believe that Shawn has said that he doesn't want to get in the ring again and compete which is fair enough. Langston looks like a future star in the making and the wyatt family got good air time. The cracks are starting to show on the Shield, Ambrose seemed like an individual in the promo, but I am sure they will stay together until the corporation storyline has finished.

Finally the Big Show came in and knocked out Orton which was a good ending. I don't think he will face Orton, it will be Show vs HHH at TLC with the Big Show's new contract up for grabs.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 29 Oct 2013, 7:45 pm

I really enjoyed Raw.

Hero, 2-0.

Tag matches were brilliant. Cena v Sandow was brilliant. Use of Bryan and Cena with the Wyatts worked well. Intrigued by Kane, although its all much of a muchness from years gone by. Bryan on HBK interested me too. I even really like this face Big Show.

The tag scene is brimming with talent, the US title feud has been entertaining. Hope Big E can take down Axel when hes back, but Ambrose will do. Hes a good level for one of those belts.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:30 pm

I also fully enjoyed Raw.

The Kane situation I find most interesting. Will stephanie unleash the monster on Big Show? We've seen them feud several times but I can see it happening again. It seems like they've totally forgot about the fact The Wyatts abducted Kane then?

I was hoping Punk and Bryan would stay away from each other until Royal Rumble but it looks like they will be teaming up soon.

How many times have 3MB and Los Matadores faced off now? Terrible booking. At least Cesaro and Swagger gained a big victory over the champions, them and the Rhodes could have a good feud.

However, it was awesome seeing HBK cut a heelish promo, really refreshing. I for one wouldn't mind him coming out of retirement for a match with Bryan, would be awesome.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm

Kane is in See No Evil 2 so maybe that might be the main reason he took his mask off.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Tue 29 Oct 2013, 11:48 pm

i understand why cena won but it's beyond irritating to see him go through punishment only to win by dropping someone on their back from a not particularly large height, terrible finisher and i just want him to go away

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed 30 Oct 2013, 12:30 am

Sends the wrong message to the roster too. No matter how hard you work, all Cena has to do is return from injury and he's rewarded with a title shot.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:11 am

If im on the roster I'd feel more secure about myself if Cena is seen as the better choice in front of me rather than Del Rio

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:52 am

Fay Kabe is right, the rub you'd get from a mini fued from Cena will be a million times more beneficial than a drawn out fued with Del Rio.

Thing is - if Cena lost to Sandow everyone would be moaning about what's the point of Cena having a cheap one day reign etc etc. He can't win. Going over Sandow was definitely the right decision. Sandow comes out of it looking better than he did going in and the WHC has been screaming out for someone to give it prestige and Cena is a great choice. I hope we now see some high profile fueds for the WHC, preferably Brock Lesnar taking the title off Cena and going into Wrestlemania as the champion. Whether it's Lesnar (WHC) vs Taker and Taker has a mini run or Lesnar (WHC) vs Punk and Punk has a reign, I don't really mind. Either way it makes the title feel important.

Shawn Michaels was superb. I hope he sticks around. I can see this being the catalyst for a HBK v HHH Wrestlemania match to see who is the best which I wouldn't oppose, aslong as HBK ends HHH's career. I'd have no complaints.

I hate to say it but this has to be the Big Show's best work in years. He's actually over. Fair enough he doesn't need the push but having a giant defying the Authority and HHH attempt to bring him down makes logical booking sense. Orton v Show is a decent filler fued too.

The WWE seems to be going old school with their booking which is pleasing. The tag team division is being elevated, the mid card is strong and the main event scene is being booked well. The booking definitely has a 90's feel about it.

I'm optimistic that from now to Mania the product will be very strong.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:24 am

"The World Heavyweight Championship deserves better than to be a B title, its more prestigious than that!"

"Ok, how about we put it on the Number 1 face in the company?  Cant get more prestige than that right now."

"NOOOOOOOO THATS STUPID SUPERMAN IDIOT WWE SUCKS NEVER WATCHING AGAIN"

Theres just no pleasing some people.  While in my own personal opinion Del Rio should have got the rub by going over Cena - losing has done nothing for him - Sandow was made to look amazing AND the title will mean something again.  And if the Wold title means as much as the WWE title, then the status of the IC and US titles can come up again.  With the Tag division producing the 2 best matches on the past 2 PPV's, theres a real resurgence in quality coming through.  WWE just need to start cutting some of the dead weight (cough KHALI cough) and its money.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 30 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm

I would like people to explain how Sandow comes out of this looking strong? That's what I don't get. Ok putting the belt on Cena gives the title prestige (only if there is some big pay off at the end mind) but that doesn't mean it does the roster any favours. If that is the way everyone who comes up against him goes down then I see it as nothing but a burial....reason being I now look at Sandow and think...he couldn't get it done against a just returning Cena in his second match, 24 hours after Cena had been in with Del Rio and on the back of him coming out and smashing his arm to bits with the briefcase and a chair!...if he couldn't do it Monday he will never do it!!

Onto RAW again, individually I thought it was fantastic. As has been said the matches were great and I am especially loving the tag team division again. However from a booking stance I still believe it is all over the place. The only reason the Wyatts have attacked both Punk & Bryan is because WWE are not sure what to do with either. I guarantee any reason they give now wont make much sense....especially given they can't just brush the whole HBK thing under the carpet but nor can Daniel feud with Wyatts and let slide what happened with HBK. Are we also to just think that Bryan completely forgets about being screwed out of the title by those in authority? I mean this is the guy who has been taking the fight to HHH for past 3 months...yet now he potentially just moves on? Nonsense!

I have said it before and I will say it again, I have no problem with Cena going over people...but the way in which he does it completely buries the roster. If your going to have him come back and win do it with a sudden counter into an STFU...not this whole 5 move fireman lift crap that we are endured to every single time. For a start your just showing that the rest of the roster can be hit with a fireman carry and be out for the count whilst Cena can be smacked around the whole arena, be hit with a number of finishers (many much more high impact than him) and still kick out at 2....people really think that puts people over Erm

Secondly there is never any big pay off with Cena....I could withstand it if people got the rub of the green and the big payoff over him but they never do. We can point to Daniel and Punk in recent years but lets face facts...there is always some question marks over the victory whenever people do get it...or Cena is part of triple threat match so that he is protected whilst another member of the roster takes the pin.

I'm sorry but the guy is everything that is wrong with Wrestling in my eyes; I think he has an ego, I think he is in position where he could put people over and tell HHH & the likes to do somethings differently...but he does nothing about it, I think he is lazy in the sense here is a guy who has been in the business for ten years but does nothing new or different both in or out of the ring and he hasn't even attempted to learn the art of selling. If i was Bryan I would have said ....'HHH if I am a B plus player in the WWE universe then what is Cena...a guy who can't wrestle, who can't sell, who hasn't been fresh for at least 5 years and has the head the size of a walnut on the body the size of a greek mythical god'...!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 30 Oct 2013, 12:41 pm

You don't have to go over to get over.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 30 Oct 2013, 1:46 pm

I think it all depends what WWE do with Damien Sandow from now on, it's still too early to judge what direction he's going to go in therefore it's too early to judge the effect of Monday's match against Jumpin' John Cena.

A losing effort against Jumpin' John in a good match followed by a steady push towards the main event scene will do more for him in the long run than cashing in MITB and beating Cena would have done because there was no sustained push behind him and his World title reign would have been a joke on Jack Swagger levels.

The real test comes now though in my opinion, Sandow has to kick on from here otherwise Monday night's match was simply a means to highlight how much of a Superman Jumpin' John is, as if we needed reminding.

On another note, I can't understand WWE's booking of their MITB holders. In the case of an up and comer it should be the beginning of a steady push towards World title level but it seems instead to be the cue for a losing streak and generally being an afterthought.

Given WWE's recent history of having only the big names winning the Royal Rumble, Money in the Bank should take on the role that the Rumble held for a time as being part of a sustained push towards main event level.

The fact that they have up to a year to cash in means that an up and comer could win it and spend the best part of a year being steadily pushed towards the top spots and would be ready to be WWE or World Heavyweight Champion by the time they cashed in.

For a more established mid / upper mid-card wrestler the same steady push should be applied, except the cash in could happen sooner.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 30 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm

This was the best Raw I've seen since I restarted watching post Summerslam. I thought Cena showed some proper focus in his opening promo, and his match with Sandow was really good. When Cena's shows this type of intensity and ringwork, I've got no problem with him.

I thought Ambrose's promo prior to the US title match was a great lesson in how to put over your opponent, without coming of weak yourself. Like Hero said, the opening hour was great, and it continued with the HBK/D-Bry confrontation.

I'm not a fan of champions losing non-title matches, but am looking forward to Rhodes Brothers / Real Americans feud.

Even the Diva's division is having a renaissance. Summer Rae's looked competant in the ring, and works really hard to get her character over, and I think the Bellas have improved.

The only downside of Raw was JBL, he's becoming overbearing and he and Cole constantly bickering is taking focus away from whats going on in the ring.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 30 Oct 2013, 8:26 pm

I laugh at some of these comments,

WWE do it time and time again,

"wwe is getting back to its best"
"The belt has prestige now Cena has it" - Somehow

Nieve fools

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 30 Oct 2013, 8:29 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:This was the best Raw I've seen since I restarted watching post Summerslam. I thought Cena showed some proper focus in his opening promo, and his match with Sandow was really good. When Cena's shows this type of intensity and ringwork, I've got no problem with him.

I thought Ambrose's promo prior to the US title match was a great lesson in how to put over your opponent, without coming of weak yourself. Like Hero said, the opening hour was great, and it continued with the HBK/D-Bry confrontation.

I'm not a fan of champions losing non-title matches, but am looking forward to Rhodes Brothers / Real Americans feud.

Even the Diva's division is having a renaissance. Summer Rae's looked competant in the ring, and works really hard to get her character over, and I think the Bellas have improved.

The only downside of Raw was JBL, he's becoming overbearing and he and Cole constantly bickering is taking focus away from whats going on in the ring.
That promo was awful. It really was

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:53 pm

fact is that going over Cena didn't help Miz because he was booked like an unequal chump... Sandow was booked as Cena's equal who nearly won a fairly level fight. Yes he beat Cena up but he did this himself rather than relying on someone else.

It will create an interesting storyline and probably give more exposure and screentime of strength than being champ and Cena chasing as he would have to be booked as the weaker character.

Hopefully this storyline will be more memorable and productive for him as a talent than the collective MITB reigns of Swagger, Ziggler and Miz

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:04 pm

I've come to the conclusion that Michael Coles A*se licking commentary on Cena makes me hate him even more..."Cena is dragging sandow back into the ring because he doesn't want to win via count out. That's the kind of great champion he is." And how he tried to make out he blew his knee jumping off the top rope. I found it more amazing that he didn't hold his elbow that he landed on and couldn't move moments before

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:24 pm

bretmeharty wrote:I laugh at some of these comments,

WWE do it time and time again,

"wwe is getting back to its best"
"The belt has prestige now Cena has it" - Somehow

Nieve fools
Please can you just stay of the fourm, you haven't been missed.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:54 pm

its a public forum, I could say the same fanboy

Does anything I say about WWE, hurt you personally?

It would be very sad if it did

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:58 pm

Please explain to me how im a fan boy, i enjoyed Raw this week, like most people on here. I gave reasons of stuff i didn't like and stated the things i did like.

(But yeah im a fanboy, i watch wrestling in my wrestling shirts, have a felt title belt over my chest and cheer when the good guys win Rolling Eyes )

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:03 pm

To be fair, I dont think there is any naivety in saying the WHC has prestige with Cena having it. The man is a rather big deal and will arguably get far more concentrated booking and storylines with Cena as its focal point compared to Alberto Del Rio.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:28 pm

I could go into detail about what was wrong about it but I would only be repeating what Owen and others have said, for the life of me I can not see how Sandow has come out of this any good, its like a broken record where they repeat the same old shiz with Cena and his superman wins. Doesn't everybody get bored with the same views and feelings going around month by month.
WWE must know Cena is referred to as superman by smart fans in a derogatory way and by saying it live on air on raw, I think they may be laughing in some of their fans faces.

To say you dont have to go over to get over applies to the Sandow situation is just wrong, how an earth can you dominate a guy who has had surgery and 2 matches in 3 months and not win is shocking. It wasn't about Sandow it was about adding another string to Cenas bow.

I watched the first part of raw and bits of the hbk/Bryan segment and was bored. Ill be the first to admit that I am just about done with it all and sick of the rehash of the product, rehash of the renewed hope of what might happen and rehash of the fans views and subjects that come round yearly. Thats not to say I wont catch clips from time to time or come here to vent about wrestling due to this being about the only place I can, because try as I might I just cant seem to shake of this tie with wrestling.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:39 pm

It only has prestige with Cena because he is made to be the centre of attention, his first raw back and everything had to take a back seat to the Cena show, the Authority storyline which has has so much praise is not the centre of the show like it had been.

People are actually saying they would welcome a big show title shot, I mean give me a break its 2013, im starting to wonder if wwe are right and all fans have a very short memory.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 30 Oct 2013, 11:42 pm

If they presented Bryan or even Sandow to look half has good as Cena then any belt would have prestige.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Deleted1 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:38 am

Welcome back bretmeharty

Deleted1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:42 am

That's not the question though really. The belt has prestige due to Cena. And that's before they build properly with it, as they will now do. The man, like him or loathe him, is a draw and a legend of the industry. He's got that title and immediately it becomes more important.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:06 am

Undertaker went over Mankind in the HIAC match but that match made Foley.  Again, you dont have to go over to get over.

Going toe to toe with the biggest face the industry has seen in 10 years and pushing him to his limit is a great thing.  Yeah, Sandow didnt win, but so what?  He's proved more than anything he CAN pull of main event quality matches with main event opponents.  Thats going to make everyone stand up and take notice, from agents to management.  When the time comes, he's proven that he IS a guy they can rely on to push to main event level and he can produce top quality.  I suspect he'll be one of the first to get a push after Mania 30.

That half hour segment with Cena - albeit a losing effort - has done more for him than winning ever would have.  He'd have dropped the title in a month or 2 and dropped back down to mid card.  And the whole affair would have been an after thought.  And thats more damaging than anything else.  Look at Swagger and Ziggler.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:39 am

Triple H once said in an interview – ‘The title doesn’t make the guy, the guy makes the title’. He is right. In its current state the WHC is worthless so it needs a guy (Cena) to ‘make’ the title. Once the title is a big deal again it would mean a hell of a lot more for Sandow to win it then than it would have done on Monday night.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:16 pm

The cena match was all about Cena, if it was a close forght match and it took 2/3 FU to finally keep Sandow down then that is getting over by not going over. But you really think wwe letting Sandow beat on Cena only to lose helps him, that happens with everyone Cena faces.

In my opinion Sandow could be a star if they invested a bit of time like they do with some of the old gaurd or give him the time spent on him like Rock back in the day. He is a great talker and charismatic, and has me laughing sometimes.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:35 pm

bretmeharty wrote:The cena match was all about Cena, if it was a close forght match and it took 2/3 FU to finally keep Sandow down then that is getting over by not going over. But you really think wwe letting Sandow beat on Cena only to lose helps him, that happens with everyone Cena faces.

In my opinion Sandow could be a star if they invested a bit of time like they do with some of the old gaurd or give him the time spent on him like Rock back in the day. He is a great talker and charismatic, and has me laughing sometimes.

If ever there was a reason to push a wrestler to the moon, this is it Smile 

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:40 pm

Samo wrote:Undertaker went over Mankind in the HIAC match but that match made Foley. Again, you dont have to go over to get over.

Going toe to toe with the biggest face the industry has seen in 10 years and pushing him to his limit is a great thing.  Yeah, Sandow didnt win, but so what?  He's proved more than anything he CAN pull of main event quality matches with main event opponents.  Thats going to make everyone stand up and take notice, from agents to management.  When the time comes, he's proven that he IS a guy they can rely on to push to main event level and he can produce top quality.  I suspect he'll be one of the first to get a push after Mania 30.

That half hour segment with Cena - albeit a losing effort - has done more for him than winning ever would have.  He'd have dropped the title in a month or 2 and dropped back down to mid card.  And the whole affair would have been an after thought.  And thats more damaging than anything else.  Look at Swagger and Ziggler.
Foley got over due to one aspect of that match, by flying off that cell, He could of faced Dwayne Gill and done that and got over.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 31 Oct 2013, 12:47 pm

Seems like you go against the grain and you get attacked.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next