The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sprinkler System

+3
Titch
theundisputedY2D2
Legend
7 posters

Go down

Sprinkler System Empty Sprinkler System

Post by Guest Thu 3 Mar - 23:55

In a new venture to liven up races Bernie Ecclestone's latest idea is to use sprinklers to make tracks artificially wet.
Mark Webber's response was an immediate "No and no, It wouldn't be the most sophisticated way to make the show more entertaining."

Mercedes GP boss Nick Fry was also unconvinced with the idea.
"I think Bernie's putting forward some entertaining ideas but Formula 1 is about contending with the conditions that prevail at the time"

Source: BBC Sport Click Here

A good idea? Or a Dragons Den massive style failure?

Back to top Go down

Sprinkler System Empty Re: Sprinkler System

Post by Legend Fri 4 Mar - 6:43

a Dragons Den massive style failure - what's the point. It just makes the track more dangerous and drivers at a bigger risk. Yes, it's good for viewers, but not when there are no drivers left, so the race has to to be cancelled
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 4 Mar - 10:59

Why not go the whole hog and have other obstacles for the drivers to avoid?

A bear pit, flaming darts, dodging various objects being thrown at them by celebrities - first up Paris Hilton, Johnny Knoxville, David Hasselhoff and Queen Latifah - and then when they're coming to the chequered flag they need to drive up a travellator and burst through a paper screen.

All of the above = Money thumbsup

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Titch Fri 4 Mar - 15:28

Well it would be highly entertaining. If it was a really dull race I suspect we'd all get hooked on how well the track/cars were being sprinkled, rather than watching the race. But hardly practical. I suspect our Bernie is feeling a bit bored at the moment. I don't think we're meant to take it seriously.

Titch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bleausardv2 Sat 5 Mar - 16:14

My first thought when I saw the news on the BBC was to check the calendar and make sure it wasn't April 1st! I wonder if Bernie is starting to lose it completely - really stupid idea! Can you imagine the snags with making sure all the cars have an equally wet track, and the inevitable complaints about favouritism - how about the law suits when someone gets injured on an artifically soaked circuit?

Here's an idea - modify the tracks to encourage overtaking, then no one gets bored!
Bleausardv2
Bleausardv2

Back to top Go down

Post by cosicave Tue 15 Mar - 16:18

Although I understand his single-minded focus on selling F1, I am becoming fed up with Bernie's ever more outrageous attempts to pander to a largely ignorant public. Such whimsy threatens to cheapen the show until it becomes a glorified 3D Playstation game!

Already I can't wait until these semi-FIA controlled rear-wings go. Either leave the driver in full control of them or get rid of them. Whatever next? - Sprinklers in cities to reduce visibility and slow the cars down? The world according to Bernie is quite bonkers…

Power to the driver and let them all deal with real conditions!

ALWAYS SAY NO TO ARTIFICIAL !!
cosicave
cosicave

Back to top Go down

Post by cosicave Tue 15 Mar - 16:20

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Why not go the whole hog and have other obstacles for the drivers to avoid?

A bear pit, flaming darts, dodging various objects being thrown at them by celebrities - first up Paris Hilton, Johnny Knoxville, David Hasselhoff and Queen Latifah - and then when they're coming to the chequered flag they need to drive up a travellator and burst through a paper screen.

All of the above = Money Sprinkler System 732107

Superb comment Y2D2. This is a truly crazy idea Bernie!
cosicave
cosicave

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 22 Mar - 13:15

What happens when someone is leading the race by a comfortable distance, the sprinklers are turned on, and that person spins out. Everyone would cry foul. Fix etc. etc. Bookies would be pushed to pay out. It would be crazy!

For god's sake steer Bernie clear of Mario Kart. If he ever plays that game with his grandchildren then the following F1 season would be mental!

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 22 Mar - 16:31

Well said cosicave!

I just hope Bernie didn't watch Death Race the other night, or we could we see sensors incorporated into all the tracks that the drivers have to drive over to activate their various gizmos...or else score a random number of points.

A few people said he was just joking, when this first came up...but the guy is serious!

He really has completely lost the plot and thinks F1 should be "sports entertainment" like WWE or something! Rolling Eyes
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 22 Mar - 18:22

Well if he's going to do it why not go all out?

All drivers will now have a flashy nickname and theme music. Jenson Button will henceforth be known as Jenson 'The Psychopath' Button and make his way to and from his car to the sounds of Sade's 'Smooth Operator'.

The cockpit of each car will now be fitted with a gyroscopic seat, resulting in the drivers never being stationary whilst driving.

On a designated lap of each race, drivers have to pull into the pits and complete a physical, mental, skill or mystery challenge before continuing.

Pit boards must now incorporate flashing lights and a function that will set off fireworks as and when deemed appropriate.

At random intervals, an FIA official will make radio contact with a driver and ask him a general knowledge question. If the driver gets it wrong, he must serve a 10 second stop-go penalty.

On the last lap of each race, Bernie switches off the sun and the competitors have to get to the finish line in the dark.

Failure to complete a race will be punishable by electrocution of the driver's nether regions. The switch will be thrown by a different celebrity each race.

-----

Bernie would probably read this and say "That'll all work!"

Doh

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar - 18:30

Sounds good to me Y2 thumbsup
Get yourself on Dragons Den, it cant fail !

Back to top Go down

Post by cosicave Tue 22 Mar - 20:31

I'll tell you what: having to cope with all that Bernie can throw at them, these guys will deserve medals…

On a more serious note, Dyrewolfe's idea of driving over track-embedded 'KAPPs' (KERS activating power-up pads) and WAPs (wing activator pads) whilst avoiding PITS (Pirelli Instant Tyre Shredders) is far closer to reality than some may care to acknowledge…

©

cosicave
cosicave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down