The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The judicial system

5 posters

Go down

The judicial system Empty The judicial system

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 22 Dec 2012, 10:46 pm

Just found out today that Lloyd Williams red card has earned the bumbling 9 a 5 week ban. Initially I thought this was a bit harsh for what was at worst a clumsy judo throw and then realised this action was put squarely on par with Andrew Hores cowardly forearm smash from behind on Bradley Davies!!!

I am incensed by this, and this has nothing to do with both players being Blues players ( I actually hate Lloyd Williams) but to compare the 2 actions is a complete joke and the whole system needs to be looked at if these 2 actions are being punished exactly the same!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

The judicial system Empty Re: The judicial system

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 23 Dec 2012, 12:05 am

"Employing the IRB recommended sanctions for Law 10.4(j), determined that the offence was at the mid-range entry point of eight weeks. In line with the IRB memorandum on 'tip' tackles, the Judicial Officer added a further one week as a deterrent," said an ERC statement.

"When considering the mitigating factors the Judicial Officer applied the maximum of four weeks for the player's guilty plea, record and clear remorse, and accordingly suspended the player for five weeks."

Seems about right to me. Not even worth contemplating an appeal.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 23 Dec 2012, 8:29 am

Bluesman
I thought you would know by now that anything that goes before any rugby judicial body is a complete raffle, neither incident was foul play.
Lloyd Williams's tackle was more akin to a hip throw, Andrew Hore was merely trying to swat Davies out of the way.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:23 am

Ah the inconsitency Aukland ...I thought he was just trying to hook him back?

"When considering the mitigating factors the Judicial Officer applied the maximum of four weeks for the player's guilty plea, record and clear remorse, and accordingly suspended the player for five weeks."

OK that quote is really misleading...what they did was reduce it by the maximum amount they were able to, since it was a mid range tip the entry point was 9 weeks.
they clearly share your feelings that the sanctions on tips are relatively harsh, and gave him the lowest ban possible.

In that light hes been treated leniently by the judiciary, its the actual system hes punished under you should be ANGRY about.

PS didnt this happen ages ago?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:32 am

Andrew Hore was merely trying to swat Davies out of the way

I'm not having that, a push, a trip maybe even an open hand to the back of the head wouldve got him out of the way, a forearm smash from Hores right hand from behind Davies is as cowardly and cheap as it gets!!

Williams is too poor a rugby player to be dirty, it was a poorly executed judo throw and the fact that they both command the same level ban is clearly a joke!!!

It's all become too complicated, IMHO the red card was a touch harsh on Williams and penalty enough, but what makes williams decide not to lay into the next guy he's going to tackle? What if Williams is defending on his own line, blind side of a ruck and a winger circles his way for a 1 on 1, Williams is better off flying out and forearm smashing the winger rather than attempt an agressive legal tackle these days!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 23 Dec 2012, 10:34 am

PSW

It was 3 weeks ago I think.

And it is the system thats the problem!!

Auckland which would you prefer to be on the end of? Hores shot or Williams?

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 23 Dec 2012, 12:36 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Bluesman
I thought you would know by now that anything that goes before any rugby judicial body is a complete raffle, neither incident was foul play.
Lloyd Williams's tackle was more akin to a hip throw, Andrew Hore was merely trying to swat Davies out of the way.

I'm sorry but anyone who claims Hore's action was not foul play is an absolute moron.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 23 Dec 2012, 1:11 pm

And anyone that takes Aukland Laurie entirely seriously deserves their award Hug

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 23 Dec 2012, 3:21 pm

If you've been reading the coverage of the incident on here you'd see that was always his idiotic opinion.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 26 Dec 2012, 10:45 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:PSW

It was 3 weeks ago I think.

And it is the system thats the problem!!

Auckland which would you prefer to be on the end of? Hores shot or Williams?

To be honest Bluesman, I dont know as I thought both incidents were pretty innocuous.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down