The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'"

+3
drive4show
Maverick
Eyetoldyouso
7 posters

Go down

Have you got accident insurance?

"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Vote_lcap38%"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Vote_lcap62%"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 8 ]
"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Vote_lcap0%"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Empty "Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'"

Post by Eyetoldyouso Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:50 pm

Lifted straight from the BBC this afternoon.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-15594541

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Empty Re: "Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'"

Post by Maverick Fri 04 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

Yes. Covered through my golf insurance for a fair bit and costs pennies for annual policy

Maverick

Back to top Go down

"Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'" Empty Re: "Golfer wins damages over eye 'explosion'"

Post by Eyetoldyouso Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:02 pm

Mav
Out of interest, who is your golf insurance with?

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:06 pm

Not insured, always on my 'to do' list

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:11 pm

Something tells me there is a little more to the case than is being reported in that article. There is not way someone would be awarded £400000 in damages if they were hit under normal playing conditions. You have to think the guy hitting the shot did so when Phee was very much in range and not in a safe location. It would not seem he was 250 yards away but between holes.

Is it a surprise it happened in west Lothian?

To answer the question I have no insurance that would cover me in those circumstances. Is it even possible to buy insurance to cover that sort of ruling?

If I hit someone I will just have to leg it.

I actually feel more sorry for the guy that hit the shot, his life is ruined. Would he trade and eye for $400000?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 04 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

Clicked 'no'; at least none that I'm aware of.

As to the article, what a farce. Tend to agree with Mac in that there surely has to be more to it than reported but, on the face of what's reported, the man who hit the shot has got the Poopie end of the stick. I think the ruling sucks in many ways. A stitch-up between the legal boys and the insurance industry. Maybe the plaintiff should take up tiddly-winks? Maybe not, might get a counter in the other eye and claim damages for that too.

Got to love the modern litigious society where we take no responsibility for our own actions. What a world.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by K@S Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:06 pm

My Golf insurance says "2. Personal / Public Liability Up To £5 million

Worldwide (Legal) Public Liability to third parties for bodily injury whilst playing or practicing at a golf venue. Policy Excess: The first £100 of each claim."

K@S

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:08 pm

I have insurance with The Golfers Club.

http://www.thegolfersclub.co.uk/?ref=PPC00953&paytype=promo&gclid=CJrw75zInawCFcsmtAod8BJS3g

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down