The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotto-Margarito Face Off, First Fight, First Fight Highlights, Ring Life and 24/7 Ep 1&2

+24
coxy0001
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Nico the gman
oxring
Valero's Conscience
Haito
Boxtthis
dangerous_mouse
vxrandall
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Steffan
Commander
All Time Great
Sugar Boy Sweetie
DaveVDK
John Bloody Wayne
OasisBFC
johnson2
AlexHuckerby
jimdig
88Chris05
tcribb
Scottrf
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cotto-Margarito Face Off, First Fight, First Fight Highlights, Ring Life and 24/7 Ep 1&2 - Page 2 Empty Cotto-Margarito Face Off, First Fight, First Fight Highlights, Ring Life and 24/7 Ep 1&2

Post by Scottrf Sun Nov 13 2011, 19:06

First topic message reminder :

Face Off

First Fight

Highlights

Ring Life: Miguel Cotto

Ring Life: Antonio Margarito

24/7 Episode 1 Part 1

24/7 Episode 1 Part 2

24/7 Episode 2 Part 1

24/7 Episode 2 Part 2

Last edited by Scottrf on Sun Nov 27 2011, 21:20; edited 3 times in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Cotto-Margarito Face Off, First Fight, First Fight Highlights, Ring Life and 24/7 Ep 1&2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto-Margarito Face Off, First Fight, First Fight Highlights, Ring Life and 24/7 Ep 1&2

Post by Steffan Tue Nov 22 2011, 23:03

coxy0001 wrote:Not sure how you want Marg to win, i guess you've never watched the Pinto documentary or appreciate what he carried in his gloves?

Side note, what's happened to trash talk? I can't be held responsible this time as i was too busy getting interviewed by the biggest digital agency in the world.

Whatever...cheer for who I like

As for Trash Talk

https://www.606v2.com/t18801-trash-talk

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Cotto-Margarito Face Off, First Fight, First Fight Highlights, Ring Life and 24/7 Ep 1&2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cotto-Margarito Face Off, First Fight, First Fight Highlights, Ring Life and 24/7 Ep 1&2

Post by coxy0001 Tue Nov 22 2011, 23:12

Steffan wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Not sure how you want Marg to win, i guess you've never watched the Pinto documentary or appreciate what he carried in his gloves?

Side note, what's happened to trash talk? I can't be held responsible this time as i was too busy getting interviewed by the biggest digital agency in the world.

Whatever...cheer for who I like

As for Trash Talk

https://www.606v2.com/t18801-trash-talk

Was Tina to blame? Pretty sure most other forums have a bit of banter and banterous threads............

Go watch the Pinto documentary, if Marg had hit Mosley with a series of shots and he was injured (and they'd then found the bricks) you may be thinking differently. Fact that he got caught prior to it without hurting anyone (and i still maintain a cheat never does it once) doesn't make one bit of difference.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23 2011, 00:11

Steffan wrote:Antonio Margarito is the victim in all of this

Agrees to take on proven drug cheat Shane Mosley. Incompetent trainer Javier Capetillo arrives late and applies illegal hand wraps. Tony has no knowledge of this and after losing to the proven drug cheat gets banned due to Capetillo's idioticness. Tony disgusted by Capetillo cuts all ties with him

The Boxing Commision ban Capetillo in the US but realising their mistake with Tony allow him to come back and make a living by fighting in the sport he has given so much to providing he agrees to take on Manny Pacquiao...a boxer who makes a living off fighting weight drained opponents and Mayweather leftovers. Pacquiao is also a fighter who refuses random drug testing

Tony takes a beating from the smaller fighter. He suffers damage to his face. Tony has been in the ring with much bigger punches from other fighters...but some how Pacquiao manages to break a major bone. How is this? Videos out since show that Pacquiao may have been using loaded gloves. Tony being the true warrior goes the distance though

Tony agrees to a rematch with Miguel Cotto. Cotto uses dirty psychological warfare during the buildup. Calling Tony names such as "criminal" and "liar". All this because Tony took away his unbeaten record. Cotto accuses Tony of using loaded gloves. Even though one of his own staff went into the room and watched the gloves being wrapped. Now all of a sudden Cotto claims that no one from his camp went in and checked...yeah right...very convenient Miguel

So best wishes to a brave warrior who has put his health on the line to give us all great fights

steffan surely you cant believe this, this a ridiculously slanted view on things i dont doubt there is some truth in what you are saying and i dont believe that marg is the wrong doer in every scenario however to make him look like a complete saint is obviously a distorted view.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23 2011, 00:14

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:Antonio Margarito is the victim in all of this

Agrees to take on proven drug cheat Shane Mosley. Incompetent trainer Javier Capetillo arrives late and applies illegal hand wraps. Tony has no knowledge of this and after losing to the proven drug cheat gets banned due to Capetillo's idioticness. Tony disgusted by Capetillo cuts all ties with him

The Boxing Commision ban Capetillo in the US but realising their mistake with Tony allow him to come back and make a living by fighting in the sport he has given so much to providing he agrees to take on Manny Pacquiao...a boxer who makes a living off fighting weight drained opponents and Mayweather leftovers. Pacquiao is also a fighter who refuses random drug testing

Tony takes a beating from the smaller fighter. He suffers damage to his face. Tony has been in the ring with much bigger punches from other fighters...but some how Pacquiao manages to break a major bone. How is this? Videos out since show that Pacquiao may have been using loaded gloves. Tony being the true warrior goes the distance though

Tony agrees to a rematch with Miguel Cotto. Cotto uses dirty psychological warfare during the buildup. Calling Tony names such as "criminal" and "liar". All this because Tony took away his unbeaten record. Cotto accuses Tony of using loaded gloves. Even though one of his own staff went into the room and watched the gloves being wrapped. Now all of a sudden Cotto claims that no one from his camp went in and checked...yeah right...very convenient Miguel

So best wishes to a brave warrior who has put his health on the line to give us all great fights

steffan surely you cant believe this, this a ridiculously slanted view on things i dont doubt there is some truth in what you are saying and i dont believe that marg is the wrong doer in every scenario however to make him look like a complete saint is obviously a distorted view.
There's a lot of ifs and buts in there but taking it as an extreme scenario it's not a million miles from being believable. Saying that, I don't really care who wins.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:10

one of the biggest fights this year and you arent bothered?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:27

AlexHuckerby wrote:one of the biggest fights this year and you arent bothered?
Nope. All it'll prove is which of the two is the most knackered. Margarito's second straight title shot when he shouldn't even have a licence? Cotto's 'redemption' against a guy who may or may not have long-term damage to his eye? All it's for is to line the pockets of the despicable man-sized turd that is Bob Arum. Not interested in the slightest.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:40

still should be interesting

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:51

It's one of the reasons boxing is becoming a joke.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Wed Nov 23 2011, 08:57

I think theres a tendency to write fighters off as shot far too soon these days, I dont see Cotto as knackered. Practically to a man we wrote Marquez off a few weeks ago.

Marg might be though, he took a fearful beating against Manny.

Im interested in this, there are worse match ups out there.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:03

BALTIMORA wrote:It's one of the reasons boxing is becoming a joke.

Why?

The winner of the fight will most likely establish himself as the best LMW in the world. The first fight was a cracker. Theres a genuine edge to it.

Both fighters lost to the second p4p best fighter in the world. I dont think it means they are rubbish or finished neccessarily.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:05

Yeah I still see this as an interesting match up add into the fact that there's needle and the fact that it should be a great fight as we know the styles clash well.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Nov 23 2011, 09:12

manos de piedra wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:It's one of the reasons boxing is becoming a joke.

Why?

The winner of the fight will most likely establish himself as the best LMW in the world. The first fight was a cracker. Theres a genuine edge to it.

Both fighters lost to the second p4p best fighter in the world. I dont think it means they are rubbish or finished neccessarily.
Best LMW in the world? Because of a dearth of talent maybe. Margarito is coming back from a near career-ending beating from a guy who has to binge to maintain the welterweight limit, and hasn't looked good in a fight since...what, the last Cotto fight? Cotto since his loss to Pacquiao has fought a one-legged and decidely average Yuri Foreman and an almost-40 Mayorga. I just don't have any respect for either guy anymore.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun Nov 27 2011, 21:20

Updated with Episode 2 of 24/7.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Nov 27 2011, 21:22

Cheers mate I heard episode 2 was good.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2