The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 13 Discussion

+11
dancingweeman
CFCNick
BamBam
mikeygnfl
GB1919
Colan (niner)
thunder and lightning
Thomond
cherriesfna
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Week 13 Discussion - Page 3 Empty Week 13 Discussion

Post by Derbyblue Sun 4 Dec - 13:53

First topic message reminder :

I've got a day full of university work so probably won't be able to watch any games or catch up with the scores (I'll probably turn my internet off soon to prevent distractions) so would someone please be able to post the results from todays games later? Pretty annoyed I'm missing the Ravens @ Browns, but gives me more motivation to try and get this work done quickly, and serves me right for putting it off until the last minute.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Week 13 Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Week 13 Discussion

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 4 Dec - 23:26

NFL MIKE wrote:How about David Akers for MVP?

It looks like the Packers have a game on their hands this week too.

Cant give a kicker the MVP... no matter how crucial to a teams offence. How about Peyton Manning as he has clearly proven himself to be quite valuable!

Anyway, the Pack do indeed have a game on their hands. Starks being out is hurting the already suspect run game and the missing MLBs has had a bit of an effect.
I will be honest and say the TD that Jennings just scored was really not a TD. Cant really see full control or even following through with the catch. Ill take it nevertheless

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 4 Dec - 23:32

Enjoying the Packers game, good to see them under some pressure. That was not a touchdown in my book. Going by that ruling, it's ok to have the ball half under control and for an opponent to knock it out but not ok to have full control and have the ground knock it out? Crazy decision

That being said I will take it for my fantasy team!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun 4 Dec - 23:34

What a catch by Nicks!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Mon 5 Dec - 0:30

Woah - did you see the way that guys leg went for the packers?! Looked awful, hope he's alright..

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 5 Dec - 0:34

The Giants need 8 points in two minutes. It's going down to the wire!
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 5 Dec - 0:39

35-35
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 5 Dec - 0:44

Aaron Rodgers drives the ball down field with seconds to go. Will they go TD or hold out for a last minute Cowboys v Dolphins style FG?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 5 Dec - 0:47

Can anyone tell me what the scores are in the other games?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 5 Dec - 0:47

I actually feel sick how our defense couldn't step up after we tied the game.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Mon 5 Dec - 0:52

DAL 13 ARI 19 OT
GB 38 NYG 35
STL 0 SF 26
BAL 24 CLE 10

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Mon 5 Dec - 0:52

Derbyblue wrote:Can anyone tell me what the scores are in the other games?

Rams 0 - 26 49ers
Cowboys 13 - 19 Cards
Packers 38 - 35 Giants
Ravens 24 - 10 Browns

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 5 Dec - 0:56

MockingJay33 wrote:I actually feel sick how our defense couldn't step up after we tied the game.
I can't believe how easy it was for Aaron Rodgers to just throw the ball up the field.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 5 Dec - 0:59

Thanks guys, it looks like it was a one off special week in NFL MIKE's competition, did some injuries occur on the Rams offense or were they just really bad?

Without seeing the game I don't think you should "actually feel sick" Rodgers has found it pretty easy going against everyone this year and looking at the week Brees had against you last week you did better than everyone expected.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 5 Dec - 1:02

Couple of summaries on the games I watched/listened too simultaneously

Cowboys 13-19 Cardinals - after the Cowboys got a 49 yard FG with 7 secinds left, Garrett called a timeout before the snap with kick being made and then the retake was missed. Cards start OT with the ball on 1st & 15 at their own 48, Kolb being chased out of the pocket dumps it down to Stephens-Howling who turns around and runs 52 yards, breaking three tackles inside the 20.

Packers 38-35 Giants - topsy turvy shootout, Packer TD that shouldn't have been. Giants repeatedly came from behind, 28-17 to 28-27 then down 35-27 with 2 minutes left Eli drove the Giants down inside the 10 and threw a TD to Nicks and then D.J Ware ran in the 2-pt conversion. But Rodgers had 58 secinds and the Giants defenders seemed to have gone home after the Ware play. Packers got to the 12 with 15 seconds left, timeout at 3 secs and a FG to win.

Derby - If you get a chance to see the game you will see how we pressured Rodgers all night and then just lay down for him on the last drive. I think Tom Coughlin will have a few choice words for Jacquizz Williams, very poor game from him.

Last edited by MockingJay33 on Mon 5 Dec - 1:05; edited 1 time in total

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 5 Dec - 1:05

A few shock results tonight with the Bears and Cowboys both losing.

There are now four teams on 7-5 in the AFC chasing the final play off place (assuming the Ravens or the Steelers claim first wild card).
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 5 Dec - 10:31

Was anyone else disappointment with the finish to the Giants game ?
It was as if I'd watched 59 mins of great football then when it really mattered Rodgers and co got serious and put together a ridiculously effortless and clinical game winning drive for the FG, almost to suggest the previous 59 mins was just killing time before the important stuff.
I'm not sure the Giants defence did too much wrong on that drive, it's just the best QB I've ever seen finding a few of the best receiving corps I've every seen and making it look all so easy.
Poor old Eli, all that excitement at tying the game - the game's just unfair when it's played like that...

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Mon 5 Dec - 12:33

Grizzly wrote:Was anyone else disappointment with the finish to the Giants game ?
It was as if I'd watched 59 mins of great football then when it really mattered Rodgers and co got serious and put together a ridiculously effortless and clinical game winning drive for the FG, almost to suggest the previous 59 mins was just killing time before the important stuff.
I'm not sure the Giants defence did too much wrong on that drive, it's just the best QB I've ever seen finding a few of the best receiving corps I've every seen and making it look all so easy.
Poor old Eli, all that excitement at tying the game - the game's just unfair when it's played like that...

You do get the feeling that Rodgers can just turn it on at any point and do what he did in that last minute. Throughout the whole of the match there was never a point where i thought that Green Bay would lose the game
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 5 Dec - 13:00

hey welcome whackamole

seeing ur a jag

what u think of gabbert,
a keeper or a clausen
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Mon 5 Dec - 15:29

Pfft yeah unfortunately! I got into the game properly when the Jags and Panthers came into the league, I chose the Jags and my bro chose the Panthers, neither of us did to well out of it but least he's seen his team make a superbowl

I think the jury is still well and truly out on Gabbert. The problem is he was drafted for the future, we knew he wasn't ready for this season and then when we let Garrard go (he would've missed the season anyway regardless) it was only a matter of time before he was chucked in at the deep end.
The other problem is that we have nothing on offense appart from Mojo. None of our WR's would be higher than no 3 on most teams depth charts, we have a TE that by the looks of it played for a new contract last year. At least Cam Newton has Stevie Smith.

Not that i'm comparing Newton and Gabbart, Newton is obviously the better prospect by the looks of it but it helps when your getting started that you have someone you can trust to catch the ball.

He can make all the throws but he doesn't step into his passes and seem's to be very quick to bolt out of the pocket if he senses pressure. He's very much a work in progress.
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 5 Dec - 15:45

Welcome Whackamole. How did you hear about us?

Your brother seems to have gotten the best deal there, as he's seen them go to the Superbowl and now has Newton who has so far proved his doubters (me included) wrong. He has gone into a much better situation than Gabbert though, he has a pretty good running back pair and can make plays himself whereas Gabbert has Jones-Drew (not an insult he is one of the best around but if he goes down who's there?), Newton has Olsen and Shockey where as Lewis is having a year only just better than his rookie year, and Newton has Steve Smith who has proven he still has it.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Mon 5 Dec - 16:16

Been viewing for quite a while, since 606 closed down, just never bothered creating an account.

No your right, on offense we have Mojo and Greg Jones and that's it! Let me tell you, when your FB is the second best player on your offense you have problems ha
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 5 Dec - 17:02

Whackamole are you a reader/listener of Matthew Berry? The reason I ask is that your name is mentioned by him a lot on his podcasts/articles!

Welcome to the board!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Mon 5 Dec - 17:27

Cheers BamBam!

And u are very correct, basically I'm a fantasy football addict, I download podcast after podcast and listen each evening as I do my daily hour of exercise. The ESPN Fantasy Football Focus is my fave, plus I wanted something I could remember!

Hoping next year I can jump into the FF on here!
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 5 Dec - 18:15

Welcome Whackamole

Any interest in joining our xbox Madden 12 franchise?

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 5 Dec - 22:08

Whackamole wrote:
Hoping next year I can jump into the FF on here!

Sure you will be able to... hopefully get up to three divisions of 12 say next year rather than 2 of 14 Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 5 Dec - 22:37

Yeah and we had a couple of inactive players anyway so shouldn't be an issue

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 5 Dec - 23:22

bambamwillis wrote:Yeah and we had a couple of inactive players anyway so shouldn't be an issue

Indeed. Figure it needs to a rule next year that whenever a team signs up for a league they must announce who they are on the boards so that we can put names to teams early on and spot inactives before the draft.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 5 Dec - 23:32

I think we are slowly drifting away from the topic, so anyone staying up for Chargers @ Jaguars?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 5 Dec - 23:35

Derbyblue wrote:I think we are slowly drifting away from the topic, so anyone staying up for Chargers @ Jaguars?

I'll be up but not for the football. Hockey night at Madison Square Garden. Go Rangers!!!

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Tue 6 Dec - 7:27

Eurgh staying up till 5 and going to work at 7 is awful! I knew I should of gone to bed when we were winning 14-10, at least then I could have had a few hours thinking we were gonna win!

Typical Jags performance, think the best WR had 3 for 24 yards, just horrible. Saw some good stuff out of Gabbart, I think with some decent targets to aim for he will become a good QB. Mojo is just a stud running back!
Rivers abused the normally very stingy Jags defence but when your team has 20+ players on IR with 3 of them being your cornerbacks you're gonna be in for a tough game
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Tue 6 Dec - 8:45

Whackamole wrote:Eurgh staying up till 5 and going to work at 7 is awful! I knew I should of gone to bed when we were winning 14-10, at least then I could have had a few hours thinking we were gonna win!

Typical Jags performance, think the best WR had 3 for 24 yards, just horrible. Saw some good stuff out of Gabbart, I think with some decent targets to aim for he will become a good QB. Mojo is just a stud running back!
Rivers abused the normally very stingy Jags defence but when your team has 20+ players on IR with 3 of them being your cornerbacks you're gonna be in for a tough game

Whackamole - interesting views on Jags performance, I thought they moved they ball around well, much better than any other time I've seen them this year especially for a #32 offence.
I thought Gabbert looked OK.
Remember this was the #1 ranked defence last year and still #6 this year and at time SD had no answer to the Mojo screen, this was an impressive first half performance for me.
Unfortunatley I was literally dying on my feet at 3.05am so went to bed, maybe the Jags 2nd half performance wasn't as good, looks like Rivers found it easier to spray it around 2nd half whereas he was limited to roughly 100 yards in the first.

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Whackamole Tue 6 Dec - 10:48

We lost 2 more in the secondary as the game went on, the number of injuries we have had is stupid, don't know if this is bad luck or something more but it is very annoying

There was certainly good signs from Gabbert, I think next year will see a massive improvement from him and Tbf I have a massive hatred for our WR's and maybe my eye's refuse to let me see anything even minutely good from them.
This was the first time I have seen us use the screen pass like that. Mojo's receiving stats are usually quite low but this has been slowly increasing as the season goes on. Don't know if this is down to the lack of WR's but it certainly worked last night.

Wonder if this is down to Tucker being in charge?

With it looking like we will have a high pick in the draft it will be interesting to see what we do if a QB is the BAP at the time of our pick!
Whackamole
Whackamole

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 6 Dec - 17:36

If I were the Jags, and seeing what I have of Gabbert, I'd concentrate elsewhere in the roster and trade down, as they are going to go pretty high in the draft. Give Gabbert a good OL and at least 2 receivers and I think you will find he's solid.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3