The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick one- Why do you dislike Boxnation?

+8
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
Nico the gman
djlovesyou
TopHat24/7
ShahenshahG
Steffan
BallchinianMuffwig
12 posters

Go down

Quick one- Why do you dislike Boxnation? Empty Quick one- Why do you dislike Boxnation?

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 19:00

noticed alot of people on here giving the new channel a hard time..im interested as to what people don't like about it? Not looking to start an argument here but personally I love it, regular live action at all levels and plenty of old favourites on the repeat (the only negative i find with it is that it repeats the same cards very frequently, they should mix it up a bit more) So yeah what don't you like about it? Cheers

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Quick one- Why do you dislike Boxnation? Empty Re: Quick one- Why do you dislike Boxnation?

Post by Steffan Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 19:11

£10 a month puts me off it... Whistle

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Quick one- Why do you dislike Boxnation? Empty Re: Quick one- Why do you dislike Boxnation?

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 19:16

Don't dislike it - but won't buy it unless both coverage/ functionality and the quality of old fights on there improves.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 19:29

people didnt like it before any talk of the subscription fees...although i think we all saw that coming..!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 19:32

I actually just prefered paying Sky Sports the £15 a fight as at least it was all on one service rather than now where its gonna have to be subscribing to this that and everything just to watch the sport I love

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 19:36

cost and quality of service

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 19:36

I like it.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 20:02

djlovesyou wrote:I like it.

So do I

But 10 quid for repeats is a bit much

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 20:23

Steffan wrote:I actually just prefered paying Sky Sports the £15 a fight as at least it was all on one service rather than now where its gonna have to be subscribing to this that and everything just to watch the sport I love
Totally agree Steffan,don't like the idea of a contract, much preferred one off fee. Interesting to see what happens when we get a quiet period with no title fights scheduled, 10 quid a month to watch repeats.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 20:30

But didn't they say they're showing 4 overseas cards and 4 domestic cards per month at least?

That's not that bad really. Surely you only need a couple of good nights out of that lot and you're getting your money's worth?

I prefer to pay a tenner for a month of pic and mix, than risk 15 on one night that could be extremely dull. That said, you could get a month worth's of rubbish, but that's the risk you take either way.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 20:40

I'd only be tempted if it were on a month on/month off basis, but you're bound to 6 months at the moment and £60 when there'll be whole months with nothing worth watching on is too much. Plus no HD and the SD is cack.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec 2011 - 22:21

Cost. Simple.

A large section of the population are over subscribed (or at least feel they are which is just as important) as it is, to make us pay an extra monthly fee for his section of fighters on often rubbish fight cards is over the limit in my opinion.

He did well by putting all his fighters on one card the last few years to give a good night of competitive, interesting fights, now he's got greedy.

This is where boxing could learn from UFC, far be it from me to praise a monopoly/dictatorship approach, but one tv network and one governing body with the best fighters gives great match ups of the top fighters whilst avoiding needless politics and expenditure.

You pay for a card and you know you're getting a good night of entertainment.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 10:01

Steve Bunce......Won't let anybody get a word in....buttlicks the hand that feeds him that prophet known as Warren...Comes across as completely false..

Just a complete imbecile...in my opinion.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 10:04

I don't mind the money, that's no problem for me however the one reason I dislike it is because it makes boxing on available to boxing fans and not the mass market. BoxNation aren't going to be able to advertise in many other places so there won't be many new fans coming to the sport, other than that however, I think it's awesome, the fights that they have shown so far have been brilliant can't complain about the content. to be honest the visuals are a bit poor and it's most certainly not run as well as Sky Sports and certain things are a bit shoddy. Could also add HD and would be a bit happier, apart from that, everythings awesome.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 10:05

I don't mind it, Saturday was very good. I lost over a years subscription to BoxNation betting on Saturday Very Happy

Picking up the HBO stuff is a touch too, even if I watch it anyway.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 10:22

Think the cost is very good...and they are offering four bills a month or something.....good package despite the endless re-runs..

Think it offers a good deal...just worry it's not good for Boxing to take big names from the masses.....and isolate itself..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 11:22

Someone needs to tell Frank that there is a bew Assassins Creed game, they keep advertising Brotherhood...

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 11:27

Posted this the other day, summed my views up then and still does:

as one of those who will not be subscribing I will answer, firstly I like other sports than boxing, enjoy cricket, football and darts amongst others so ditching sky is not a particularly viable option.

Secondly I don't agree with the principle of the channel, realise what everyone is saying about we get to see more US stuff etc and a dedicated channel for the sport should be a boon but personally I would like the sport to grow and flourish and if it has a hope of doing this like all sports it needs to attract new fans, how we acheive this with most of the action being on an obscure subscription only channel is beyond me.

I don't mind golf but would not consider myself a fan, will watch the majors and ryder cup but not much else, however what chance would there be of me making the transition from casual watcher of the majors to full blown fan who will attend events or heaven forbid participate if the sport was buried on a channel I had to pay for, because as a casual fan I would never subscribe in the first place.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 12:42

rowley wrote:Posted this the other day, summed my views up then and still does:

as one of those who will not be subscribing I will answer, firstly I like other sports than boxing, enjoy cricket, football and darts amongst others so ditching sky is not a particularly viable option.

Secondly I don't agree with the principle of the channel, realise what everyone is saying about we get to see more US stuff etc and a dedicated channel for the sport should be a boon but personally I would like the sport to grow and flourish and if it has a hope of doing this like all sports it needs to attract new fans, how we acheive this with most of the action being on an obscure subscription only channel is beyond me.

I don't mind golf but would not consider myself a fan, will watch the majors and ryder cup but not much else, however what chance would there be of me making the transition from casual watcher of the majors to full blown fan who will attend events or heaven forbid participate if the sport was buried on a channel I had to pay for, because as a casual fan I would never subscribe in the first place.

Warren will soon ditch the channel if it loses him money, I have subscribed and have to say some of the fights we would otherwise never get to see on TV I have appreciated watching so in that sense I like it but I think you are right that a lot of people will not be willing to pay for this especially a casual fan which will only hurt boxings popularity.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 21:23

I think boxnation is a great idea, people complain about the cost but its £2.50 a week..

If you wanted that cotto margarito card we got here on boxnation you would have to fork out $55 in the states...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down