The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

+99
eirebilly
ReallyReal
Liam
Biltong
XR
President Trump
westisbest
1GrumpyGolfer
B91212
Fists of Fury
Sugar Floyd Louis
JPX
littleswannygirl
bretmeharty
screamingaddabs
Union Cane
Michaels, Sean
huw
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
Josiah Maiestas
Irish Curry
Sir. badgerhands
Celtic Warrior
Cymroglan
Kenny
Gregers
greybeard
Thomond
easthfc
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Ar aghaidh le cheile
liverbnz
nottins_jones
sodhat
Gaelic-Warrior
Nay
Unknown Brother
Breadvan
dummy_half
Crimey
Cari
longrangeeffort
CFCNick
Luckless Pedestrian
Derbyblue
KilliePieUpNorth2
Chuck Norris
sherm
Doon the Water
racingnut
Il Gialloblu
Mr Bounce
Davie
Pr4wn
MR. scotland27
Sway
Liam_Main
hibbywul
camerajuan
Marsh
GG
Mat
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ALPanorak
BigPhil
AquaArab
Cheesehead United
Kay Fabe
Blade
Dexter Morgan
scfc1992
Clunge4life
Holymiky
Enforcer
TipToes88
Titch
Fernando
Legend
Haddie-nuff
theundisputedY2D2
hodge
themill72
davidl1061
Solerina
Lex-Express
ADMIN
Bobby Roode
Pal Joey
Perfect Jack
Jammy31
AberdeenSteve
asdral225
Adam D
Kaiser
Dave.
David Tails
Big Daddy Bee
103 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 15 Empty The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Big Daddy Bee Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how gig or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

I shall start this with:

Starburst. They are not Starburst, they are Opel Fruits and always will be. And don't get me started on Snickers. STOP CHANGING THE NAME OF SWEETS!!!! :evil:

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:31 am

Cari wrote:Liver - I think it works both ways. I've worked in customer services and I found that if I was really pleasant and polite to people it would rub off on most, but some members of the public are just downright rude to the point of disgust. I blame this "customer is always right" ethos which came from somewhere. No, the customer isn't always right actually so don't take it out on the staff because you can't get your own way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bLSXEfJuw Laugh

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Cari Wed 09 Nov 2011, 9:34 am

I can't see that yet due to work restrictions Hobo...I'll check it out later.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 09 Nov 2011, 10:09 am

I find it varies in different areas.
I did a section of the IOW coast walk a month ago on a beautiful day.
When I pass folk going the other way I always have a word. Good morning/nice day etc. The number of young/middle aged walkers on that route who looked at me as if I was about to eat their dog was a bit scary.
On the walks in Scotland and the North of England folk generally have a wee word when walking past.

There is no excuse for being rude.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

I always found people to be more polite in England - essentially the North West as that's really all I have been to - than over here in Northern Ireland, particularly Belfast.

I absolutely hate it when I'm getting served in a shop and the assistant is talking to someone behind me or one of their colleagues. Do your bloody job and stop yaking.

Cari - fair point, it certainly goes both way.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

I don't mind cashiers talking to colleagues as long as they're not doing it instead of serving me. If they can do both at the same time, no problem.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:26 am

I agree, if a shop assistant is chatting, ignorning the customers that's infuriating - just like a shop manager continuing to clean windows, when they can see there's a massive queue forming at the check out with only one person serving. mad That happened to me int he supermarket the other day. OK so it was early in the morning, and they didn't expect a big queue, but surely the windows can wait?!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 09 Nov 2011, 11:37 am

I used to work with a guy who would do anything to avoid serving customers. As soon as he seen customers coming in through the door he would head straight for the brush. In fact, customers coming in used to really annoy him - he would sometimes kick the boxes of chips that were beside the little freezer. I think he was in the wrong business!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:05 pm

How about when you walk through a door and hold it for someone behind you, for them to say nothing at all!!! Double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Just happened to me, in fact he walked through the door without touching it, as if I was a doorman waiting for him. I don't mean when someone is immediately behind you, but I actually waited a few seconds for him to make it to the door, the good mannered guy that I am.

But nothing, zilch, just walked straight through. So I had the conversation with myself, rather loudly

"Thanks for holding the door"

"You're welcome!!!"

Got a sheepish look! ha ha

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:06 pm

Liver - Ha it sounds like it. Years ago I used to work in a record shop, and we had certain regulars that people dreaded serving. Like the guy who would talk incessantly about TV theme music for hours or the other guy who was obsessed with Bjork....some were like they'd walked out of a Little Britain sketch. Smile

JPX - yes that's very annoying. I usually shout "thanks!" after them.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:13 pm

Or when your in the car and one side of the road has cars parked, you let that person through and they dont wave to say thanks.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:14 pm

It takes so little time and effort to thank someone, even less to wave or nod in acknowledgement. What's wrong with these people? Are we that unimportant to them?

Here's something annoying that happened to me the other day: I was cycling home along Cardiff Road (a busy road, as the name suggests) and I was approaching a turning off to the left (I was going straight on). Just before the turning, a car sped up to overtake me before turning left. If I hadn't guessed that he was going to do it and slowed down accordingly, he probably would have knocked me off my bike.

Oh, and he didn't indicate either.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

Lucky - Jebus, you were fortunate there. W*nkers like that shouldn't be allowed on the road. Last Saturday night on the M4 from Cardiff to Swansea, we're just about to overtake someone who suddenly decides they want to speed up, cut in front of us without any indication at all and carry on. We were lucky not to have had an accident, but when the driver of our car honked in alarm/panic, the driver in the other vehicle was oblivious.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

Some drivers really don't care about anyone but themselves. Ah well, at least we know they're going to hell!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

Look at this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-15652199

The headline - 'Dounreay company gets leak delayed safety honour' - makes no sense. Add a hyphen where a hyphen should be - 'Dounreay company gets leak-delayed safety honour' - and hey presto! Meaning!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:11 pm

Here's another gripe: you're on the phone to someone, they ask for your advice on something, but then they talk over you as you're speaking, and don't seem to listen to a word you say. What's the point of that? It's also frustrating.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:45 pm

Last Saturday night on the M4 from Cardiff to Swansea,

Some drivers really don't care about anyone but themselves. Ah well, at least we know they're going to hell!

Bit harsh - Swansea isnt great but its not that bad.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

Laugh Brilliant Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

I hate people walking around with their mates or family listening to earphones, its the height of ignorance also people who have their hoods up and their earphones on over the hood, whats the point

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:34 am

JPX wrote:How about when you walk through a door and hold it for someone behind you, for them to say nothing at all!!! Double grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Just happened to me, in fact he walked through the door without touching it, as if I was a doorman waiting for him. I don't mean when someone is immediately behind you, but I actually waited a few seconds for him to make it to the door, the good mannered guy that I am.

But nothing, zilch, just walked straight through. So I had the conversation with myself, rather loudly

"Thanks for holding the door"

"You're welcome!!!"

Got a sheepish look! ha ha

Have a look at this JPX... Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_td1X_c5Gg

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

Ha ha thanks Linebreaker, love it!

Here's another......when you're mid conversation with someone and they answer their mobile, and put you on pause as if your life is Sky plus-able

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:41 am

Dicey Reilly wrote:people who have their hoods up and their earphones on over the hood, whats the point

Do people really do that? Surely they can't hear their music through the hood?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:43 am

I saw some bloke this morning with a big pair of earphones on over his thick wollen hood, if he can hear it must be really low and muffled

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:48 am

Or he must have it so stunningly loud that he can hear it clear as a bell - but so can everyone else...

But common sense would tell you to have your headphones in your ears under your hood, surely?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:54 am

Maybe he was listening to Coldplay...?

OK, I'll get my old duffel coat. Run

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:55 am

Speaking of people looking stupid. What's with men tucking their jeans into boots that aren't done up properly? OK so it must be the latest trend but it still looks fecking ridiculous!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Nov 2011, 8:35 am

People who let their dogs lick their faces.... disgusting. Why do they always show that on TV? FFS!

While I'm on a roll - how many times do we have to see that image of IVF?

Something's not right about seeing a needle piercing an egg under a microscope - every couple of weeks on TV it seems. I know it has helped millions of people have children - but... it turns out that this technique may not be so successful (for some couples) after all. Problems are occuring with development of the child and can appear even years down the track. I can see why.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:30 am

Why do people feel the they have to SLAM car doors?

Gent-ly does it.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:32 am

I'm a reformed door slammer. Whistle

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 16 Nov 2011, 10:19 am

Why do drivers dropping people off in the early hours have to have music blaring out so loud ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:22 am

I know this one!

To keep themselves awake and make sure they don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:34 am

Speaking of door slammers. I live in a flat and this woman used to live in the flat below who I think had some OCD or something because everything had to be slammed/banged shut, never closed - the windows, cupboard doors, interior doors, car doors, front door...any time of the day or night. Drove me nuts. furious

Also agree on the loud music in cars. There's a guy who lives a couple of doors up from me and his pal picks him up just before six every morning - pulls up outside, honks the horn and leaves his music blaring. Cheers mate, the whole street has to be up at six in the morning. Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 11:42 am

liverbnz wrote:Why do people feel the they have to SLAM car doors?

Gent-ly does it.

It's really awkward when you don't shut a car door enough though isn't it? And you have to get the drive to press his little button to unlock the car again, then you re-open the door - shut it again, this time the seatbelt gets caught. So sometimes it's safer to slam. It's an awkward social situation - closing a car door that isn't your own. It can really soil the atmosphere of the day I find.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:19 pm

BBC Poppy Police

Antiques Roadshow
Obviously pre- recorded in Mid Summer.
Poppies on summer frocks of women who are fanning themselves just looks daft.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:59 pm

You should only wear a poppy if you've bought one. The BBC's policy of pinning a poppy on anyone who comes into the studio is just wrong.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:04 pm

People who bump into objects and apoligise to it Doh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:05 pm

Objects that bump into me and don't apologise mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:07 pm

People who bump into me and don't apologise.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

People who apologise before bumping into me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:10 pm

People who object to bumps apologising to them.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

That moment when you can see someone coming down the street, and you know you're going to bump into them, but you both move out of the way at the same time, back into each other's paths about 3 or 4 times in a row and then apologise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:12 pm

People who bump into me to apologise.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

Electric Demon wrote:That moment when you can see someone coming down the street, and you know you're going to bump into them, but you both move out of the way at the same time, back into each other's paths about 3 or 4 times in a row and then apologise.

Yeah and some goon makes a joke about dancing...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:14 pm

People who walk down the street and don't move out of the way for anyone.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:15 pm

Mr. Bump. The wasteful apologist for the over-use of bandages

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:16 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:People who walk down the street and don't move out of the way for anyone.

Richard Ashcroft??

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:16 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:People who walk down the street and don't move out of the way for anyone.

Richard Ashcroft making music videos!

People who are stood by bus stops, blocking the pavement and tut when you politely ask them to move out of the way so you can pass.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:17 pm

Cari wrote:
Electric Demon wrote:That moment when you can see someone coming down the street, and you know you're going to bump into them, but you both move out of the way at the same time, back into each other's paths about 3 or 4 times in a row and then apologise.

Yeah and some goon makes a joke about dancing...

It's always the other person who makes that joke! Why?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 16 Nov 2011, 1:22 pm

Dicey Reilly wrote:

Richard Ashcroft??

Yeah, like that clown.

Last edited by luckless_pedestrian on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Wed 16 Nov 2011, 3:10 pm

Adam D (Hobo) wrote:
Last Saturday night on the M4 from Cardiff to Swansea,

Bit harsh - Swansea isnt great but its not that bad.

mad

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu 01 Dec 2011, 8:37 am

Snow shovels..........whits that all aboot.
Seems like every shop in Scotland had hundereds of them.
A bit of wood nailed on a long bit of wood is all that is required.
£12.99 saved IF it snows.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next