The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

+99
eirebilly
ReallyReal
Liam
Biltong
XR
President Trump
westisbest
1GrumpyGolfer
B91212
Fists of Fury
Sugar Floyd Louis
JPX
littleswannygirl
bretmeharty
screamingaddabs
Union Cane
Michaels, Sean
huw
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
Josiah Maiestas
Irish Curry
Sir. badgerhands
Celtic Warrior
Cymroglan
Kenny
Gregers
greybeard
Thomond
easthfc
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Ar aghaidh le cheile
liverbnz
nottins_jones
sodhat
Gaelic-Warrior
Nay
Unknown Brother
Breadvan
dummy_half
Crimey
Cari
longrangeeffort
CFCNick
Luckless Pedestrian
Derbyblue
KilliePieUpNorth2
Chuck Norris
sherm
Doon the Water
racingnut
Il Gialloblu
Mr Bounce
Davie
Pr4wn
MR. scotland27
Sway
Liam_Main
hibbywul
camerajuan
Marsh
GG
Mat
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
ALPanorak
BigPhil
AquaArab
Cheesehead United
Kay Fabe
Blade
Dexter Morgan
scfc1992
Clunge4life
Holymiky
Enforcer
TipToes88
Titch
Fernando
Legend
Haddie-nuff
theundisputedY2D2
hodge
themill72
davidl1061
Solerina
Lex-Express
ADMIN
Bobby Roode
Pal Joey
Perfect Jack
Jammy31
AberdeenSteve
asdral225
Adam D
Kaiser
Dave.
David Tails
Big Daddy Bee
103 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 16 Empty The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Big Daddy Bee Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

So then people what really annoys you.

No matter how gig or trivial it is, this is the thread to vent your anger and annoyance.

I shall start this with:

Starburst. They are not Starburst, they are Opel Fruits and always will be. And don't get me started on Snickers. STOP CHANGING THE NAME OF SWEETS!!!! :evil:

Big Daddy Bee

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by compelling and rich Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:52 pm

christmas shopping!!!! usually do mine all online but had to go trafford centre yesterday, bad mistake!!! had to cheer myself up with pizza all you can eat

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

The That Really Grinds My Gears thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The That Really Grinds My Gears thread

Post by Pal Joey Thu 01 Dec 2011, 12:59 pm

How much were the shirts selling for this morning?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri 02 Dec 2011, 8:49 am

Idiots who think everyone should be quiet because they're on their mobile. Was driving slowly down a narrow back street last night and there was a guy walking in the middle of the road using his mobile. Turns round to look at me whilst stick his elbow out as far as he can as if to say "look, I'm on the phone". I drive past as he moves out of the way and as I go by he kicks the door and shouts at me to turn my stereo down!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 02 Dec 2011, 8:52 am

Motorists who speed up to overtake cyclists who have signalled and have started to turn right. It happened to me on the way to work this morning.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Dec 2011, 8:56 am

Saw your post in the Pub - she sounds like a top-notch b*tch. I wonder what could have been so important to try and gain a few seconds? Seriously, people like that should be banned from the roads.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:10 am

Then again, you get cyclists who act like tw@ts on the road too and give the rest of us a bad name.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Dec 2011, 9:13 am

Yes, I was in a taxi in Wurzburg when this cyclist tried to have it both ways... moved out of the cycle lane (red light) and suddenly took off into the car lane when the lights went green. You should have heard the taxi driver go off at this guy! Then at the next lights - it continued.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 02 Dec 2011, 5:21 pm

Hospital Car parks and the morons who run them , paid for ticket for 2 hours ( for an appointment that should of lasted 1 hour ) they were running late so ended up taking nearly 3 hours before getting back to the carpark to find a parking fine !! Then had to go back to hospital to get confirmation that my appointment had over run before they would cancel parking fine . mad

Surely there should be a better system in place .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:01 pm

It's the same with hospitals here. Unfortunately this year I had to make a visit every day or so from about April... I tried to keep a positive mind but the carparks are a mess and they charge excessive rates. Even the hospital staff were telling me how bad it is for them... no permits for them and fines galore.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 8:55 pm

Linebreaker wrote:It's the same with hospitals here. Unfortunately this year I had to make a visit every day or so from about April... I tried to keep a positive mind but the carparks are a mess and they charge excessive rates. Even the hospital staff were telling me how bad it is for them... no permits for them and fines galore.
Mrs is a nurse and got a parking ticket at her hospital when she worked in the UK. Here thankfully she pays monthly and gets a permit for her vehicle so thankfully she can't get any more (unless we swap for the day and she forgets to transfer the permit).

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 9:09 pm

Water leaks, especially those that show in the upstairs landing ceiling that I can't find the origin of. Spent 2 hours Saturday evening crawling around the (not boarded) very low loft but achieved nothing other than itching like a meth addict due to the sprayed insulation. Whatever happens the totally impossible to reach ceiling due to the staircase will at least need a coat of paint (runs into another open plan room so about 700 sq ft) and just been informed by the insurance company that coverage depends on the cause, ie the most likely seepage is not covered. Hope I can blame it on the 70mph winds we had on Friday.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:03 pm

People who come to within about 2" of you to tell you about their stinking cold....."Get away from me.....now!" furious

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:30 pm

Solerina wrote:People who come to within about 2" of you to tell you about their stinking cold....."Get away from me.....now!" furious

You're more likely to catch a cold from someone who is just getting over one rather than one who has a full on stinking cold. Sometimes, you just can't avoid people when you have a cold. I had to go into work this week despite having a cold, so I don't give a sh** if the germs have been passed on as I've got them from other people in work with colds.

Once again the pavement cyclists are really annoying me. Bombing around on crowded city pavements in the dark with no lights on is taking the p*ss. If you're too much of a wuss to ride on the road, or not equipped to do so, then bloody walk! steam

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:18 pm

How can wifes just disappear in supermarkets.

I go to collect 2 pints of milk and it takes me about 40 minutes to find her again.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 15 Dec 2011, 3:22 pm

Trampolines. They run off at the slightest contact with wind.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Thu 15 Dec 2011, 4:53 pm

Doon the Water wrote:How can wifes just disappear in supermarkets.

I go to collect 2 pints of milk and it takes me about 40 minutes to find her again.

Maybe she's trying to tell you something Doon!?

"S**t, his found me!" laughing

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:47 pm

Drivers who simply stop in the middle of the road or go about 5 kmh... thinking about making a turn - completely oblivious to the traffic banked up behind them.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Tue 20 Dec 2011, 7:01 am

Jpx

Naw she canny push the trolley herself without blocking everyone, and see her reversing!!

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:46 am

Bus Drivers who cant wait until you sit down before pulling away from the the bus stop , making you stumble down the aisle
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Dec 2011, 1:07 pm

Laugh and you try to keep a cool look on your face while you're stumbling. It's quite a challenge.

Also, I've noticed this habit of buses only half going into the bus stop in certain places... so that the rear end of the bus is sticking out into the other lane at an angle - preventing you from going anywhere. So selfish and inconsiderate!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 20 Dec 2011, 3:08 pm

Linebreaker wrote: Laugh and you try to keep a cool look on your face while you're stumbling. It's quite a challenge.

Also, I've noticed this habit of buses only half going into the bus stop in certain places... so that the rear end of the bus is sticking out into the other lane at an angle - preventing you from going anywhere. So selfish and inconsiderate!

Glad to see that the Bus driver training is the same on both sides of the world Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 3:14 pm

when people instead of getting credit for doing something well they get told to give someone else a chance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

yeah, or even worse - you do something almost single handedly and someone else tries to claim the credit for it... and has the gall to say so in front of others!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Dec 2011, 3:29 pm

yh i completely agree LB, that really does my head in!

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 10 Jan 2012, 1:18 pm

Tropical fruit salads where you eat two pieces of kiwi to find a load of apple slices.
Those well known 'tropical' fruit the apple.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 10 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

And fruit smoothies where they're named 'blueberry and raspberry' etc.

Yet ingredients read: 72% apple juice, 20% pureed bananas, 5% crushed blueberries, 3% crushed raspberries.

That's an apple and banana smoothie with hints of blueberry & raspberry to me.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 10 Jan 2012, 2:07 pm

Why do you pay £2 for a punnet of sliced pineapple, when a whole one costs half as much and has more? Can't they give you a free knife with every pineapple?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 11 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

iPhone owners who insist on calling it an iPhone at every possible opportunity.

I need to charge my iPhone, I've left my iPhone at home, call me on my iPhone etc...
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 11 Jan 2012, 1:53 pm

King Beer wrote:Why do you pay £2 for a punnet of sliced pineapple, when a whole one costs half as much and has more? Can't they give you a free knife with every pineapple?

Can just picture the police now stopping people in the street on suspicion of having uncut pineapples.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 11 Jan 2012, 2:33 pm

People that leave a floater in the toilets in work and dont bother reflushing to get rid of it but instead cover it with toilet tissue

Also people that stop and chat to you in the toilet, jaysus I go in there to go the toilet its not a social gathering

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 11 Jan 2012, 2:47 pm

But sometimes floaters just won't go down the pan, Dicey. Once you've flushed half-a-dozen times with no success, the only option is the toilet paper blanket. It's either that or fish it out and throw it in the bin.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 11 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

You could use the toilet brush thing to break it up, ive had to do that loads of times...but make sure you clean the brush afterwards or the cleaners will have a breakdown Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 12 Jan 2012, 4:11 pm

The water I have under the carpet of the back seat passenger footwell in my car. Can I find where it's coming from? Can I censored uk!
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

When you wash your car and then it rains later that day... and all the dirt in the rain forms little marks all over the duco and windscreen.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Sun 15 Jan 2012, 3:13 pm

My own laziness really gets on my nerves.... Smile

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

People that refer to themselves in the third person. MediaCat finds that so annoying! Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 19 Jan 2012, 9:19 am

The European Union

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:00 am

People that hate the European Union Wink

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 19 Jan 2012, 11:50 am

Certain women grunting and shrieking whilst playing tennis. Just can't watch that. Hurts my balls... Shocked

Also, so called pro players smashing their rackets... then getting another 3 brand new ones out (still in their plastic bags) and smashing them too. Disgusting behaviour!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Certain women grunting and shrieking whilst playing tennis. Just can't watch that. Hurts my balls... Shocked

Also, so called pro players smashing their rackets... then getting another 3 brand new ones out (still in their plastic bags) and smashing them too. Disgusting behaviour!

Usually dont mind a grunting woman LB , but i would agree with about the tennis girls ........Why do they need to make so much noise ? they are hitting a tennis ball !
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 21 Jan 2012, 5:54 am

I was thinking specifically of Maria Sharapova and Victoria Azarenka who I saw practising hers on an outside court during a warm-up .
It's more of a shriek than a grunt on second thoughts. Laugh

They're both great players though... I just can't sit down for hours watching them.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

Crows i hate crows , i put food out for the birds and 2 huge crows have come down and eaten it all boxing

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:45 pm

How dare birds eat food you've left out for birds! Wink

I like crows. Very intelligent birds.

I hate having to cycle to work now I've passed my driving test. Is it too much to ask for someone to give me a car?!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:49 pm

With my back the way it is , one of my ways passing time is to sit and watch the different types of birds feeding in our garden then these bloody crows came!!

Sad i know and to think i used to have a social life !

I think someone should give you a car Luckless Very Happy

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

Nothing wrong with birdwatching Kenny, I've signed up for the RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch later this month! OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

Me too thumbsup
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 23 Jan 2012, 2:11 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:iPhone owners who insist on calling it an iPhone at every possible opportunity.

I need to charge my iPhone, I've left my iPhone at home, call me on my iPhone etc...

Laugh spot on, mate.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 23 Jan 2012, 2:36 pm

People.

I hate them.

There are many reasons and I would be here all day and night if I were to list them.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 23 Jan 2012, 2:38 pm

Celtic Warrior wrote:People.

I hate them.

There are many reasons and I would be here all day and night if I were to list them.

Laugh

Nothing changes.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 23 Jan 2012, 4:43 pm

King Beer wrote:
Celtic Warrior wrote:People.

I hate them.

Laugh

Nothing changes.

Tell the truth. You'd be worried if that ever changed...

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next