The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BINOCULAR OUT OF THE CHAMPION HURDLE

3 posters

Go down

BINOCULAR OUT OF THE CHAMPION HURDLE Empty BINOCULAR OUT OF THE CHAMPION HURDLE

Post by Grahame1971 Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:04 pm

Amazing news .... Binocular is out of this weeks Champion Hurdle after he tested positive for a substance used to treat an allergy two weeks ago.

Nicky Henderson said "We have very regretfully had to decide not to declare Binocular for Tuesday's Champion Hurdle.

"He had an allergy two weeks ago that did not respond to initial medication and, on veterinary advice and well within normal parameters, he required a further treatment the following day.

"As we were getting close to the most important race of the year, and also because since that administration to Binocular, another horse had tested positive for the same substance, I thought it prudent to take a precautionary test which not only surprisingly, let alone devastatingly, has also shown to be positive.

"We have, therefore, reluctantly had to take the BHA's advice this morning that the only reasonable course in everybody's interest is not to confirm the entry and he has consequently been withdrawn from the Champion Hurdle.

"We are all obviously shattered but I am particularly upset for JP [McManus] who has been incredibly understanding, as I know how much this horse means to him."

This now opens up the market again with Menorah & Hurricane Fly battling it out for favouritism and also a host of other horses prices contracting. It does however detract from the race as Binocular was obviously the defending champion who would have in all likelihood gone very very close again.............So, who do you fancy now then ???

Grahame1971

Back to top Go down

BINOCULAR OUT OF THE CHAMPION HURDLE Empty Re: BINOCULAR OUT OF THE CHAMPION HURDLE

Post by Solerina Sun 13 Mar 2011, 5:26 pm

Thanks for posting this Grahame........that's really disappointing news.......I was so looking forward to seeing Binocular.

His connections must be gutted.........I expect they'll be looking forward to Aintree with him now.

I wonder if AP will get a ride in the CH........I haven't had chance to look at all the entries yet.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

BINOCULAR OUT OF THE CHAMPION HURDLE Empty Re: BINOCULAR OUT OF THE CHAMPION HURDLE

Post by racingnut Sun 13 Mar 2011, 6:45 pm

Dick Francis couldnt have scripted this horses career over the past two seasons.Thought to only have three legs in the run up to last years Champion before skating in and now he turns out to be the Charlie Sheen of Seven Barrows! Unbelievable Shocked

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 13 Mar 2011, 7:02 pm

racingnut wrote:........and now he turns out to be the Charlie Sheen of Seven Barrows!

LOL!

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down