The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

+31
johnson2
Super D Boon
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Imperial Ghosty
Boxtthis
HumanWindmill
jammin
trottb
aja424
PPVxHOTTY
tunes666
sweet_pea
SugarRayBray
Mind the windows Tino.
supremeskills
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
ONETWOFOREVER
Bob
azania
spencerclarke
joeyjojo618
Adam D
ShahenshahG
superflyweight
oxring
Rowley
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
AlexHuckerby
Union Cane
coxy0001
35 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 6 Empty Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by coxy0001 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Why couldn't he just stuff it all in his mouth quite literally? Khan has decided to formerly appeal, oh dear.

"Stop pushing him away Khan" - Everyone heard him getting warned, is just the desperate act of a sore loser.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170809-10000-check-makes-it-official-khan-appeals-peterson-verdict

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:06 pm

GBP would not be appealing the decision without the backing of Khan and the appeal is based on an apparent injustic in the scoring of the fight and the way it was officiated, neither of which are worthy of an appeal.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Khan puts his money where his mouth is.... - Page 6 Empty Re: Khan puts his money where his mouth is....

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:10 pm

The appeal is based on an apparent change in the scorecards. GBP were informed Khan won the fight but supposedly a judge changed his card and that was what the delay before they announced the winner was about.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

oxring wrote:And Tyson copped Flack for it Az.

You're being slippery as an eel again. Defending the appeal by saying it comes from GBP - but when we ask for the legitimacy of the appeal you say you don't think its legitimate.

If its not legitimate - its not legitimate. No more needs to be said, surely?

No, Tyson didn't cop any flack for it and neither should he have done. Don King did though. Why? Because he launched the appeal to getthe WBC to over-turn a perfectly legit decision. That's my view on this case.

What needs to be clarified is that all are blaming Khan which imo is totally wrong. GBP are his paymasters and Khan is simply a pawn in this. Blaming Khan would be giving him credit for something he doesn't have. Intelligence.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:12 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:GBP would not be appealing the decision without the backing of Khan and the appeal is based on an apparent injustic in the scoring of the fight and the way it was officiated, neither of which are worthy of an appeal.

Did Tyson tell King to appeal the douglas decision? Do you think he did?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:13 pm

SugarRayRussell wrote:The appeal is based on an apparent change in the scorecards. GBP were informed Khan won the fight but supposedly a judge changed his card and that was what the delay before they announced the winner was about.

Amongst other issues.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:14 pm

What issues?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:16 pm

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:The appeal is based on an apparent change in the scorecards. GBP were informed Khan won the fight but supposedly a judge changed his card and that was what the delay before they announced the winner was about.

Amongst other issues.

Go on.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

rowley wrote:I have made no reference whatsoever for the reasons for him appealing, only that he is appealing and it is not the lack of willingness to accept the loss that grates with most it is launching of the appeal which rankles because it smacks of a guy who lost a close fight against an opponent he should be beating handily refusing to accept it.

Its all over the net rowley. Ring have the grounds that GBP are using. Why are people saying its Khan's appeal. No-one said it was Tyson's appeal when King launched that appeal. That is what rankles me. Khan blamed for something GBP are doing.

Last edited by azania on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:What issues?

I suggest you read up on it before jumping to conclusions.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

I am not saying it is Khan's appeal I am saying he is complicit in making it and could quite easily stop it happening if he wished. At least Tyson had the good grace to look embarrased by King's nonsense.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:29 pm

azania wrote:

Or you could enlighten us all and relieve us of our apparent ignorance?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:30 pm

azania wrote:

I'm well aware of the situation, just wondering why we shouldn't blame Khan when the appeal is on his behalf?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

I'm going to claim i'm going out with Elisha Cuthbert on her behalf. Because i'm doing that she must then therefore go along with it regardless of whether she has any decision on the matter.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:34 pm

rowley wrote:I am not saying it is Khan's appeal I am saying he is complicit in making it and could quite easily stop it happening if he wished. At least Tyson had the good grace to look embarrased by King's nonsense.

Why is it King's nonsense and Khan's nonsense. Why not King's nonsense and GBP's nonsense? Tyson is a boxing historian and already established as the biggest money maker in boxing history. He just didn't care. I suspect he had bigger issues outside the ring anyway.

Khan is being groomed and GBP are concerned about their investment.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:35 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
azania wrote:

Or you could enlighten us all and relieve us of our apparent ignorance?

I have done Several times on this thread.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:35 pm

Another of the reasons behind the appeal is Petersons use of the head and not being deducted a point after being repeatedly warned. Did he get warned for it? I don't think he even used the head?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:

I'm well aware of the situation, just wondering why we shouldn't blame Khan when the appeal is on his behalf?

Blame him all you want. You dont need my permission for that.

But the facts are that GBP launched the appeal on Khan's behalf. Much like launched an appeal on Tyson's behalf. Both wrong but I have my facts right and blame goes to those in power who can make such a decision. Not the minnions like Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

trottb wrote:Another of the reasons behind the appeal is Petersons use of the head and not being deducted a point after being repeatedly warned. Did he get warned for it? I don't think he even used the head?

Now come on trott, he wasn't going 'in' with his head like Ottke was against Reid for instance. Knowhere near to be honest. Khan couldn't deal with him fighting on the inside, pretty much end of.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:39 pm

coxy0001 wrote:I'm going to claim i'm going out with Elisha Cuthbert on her behalf. Because i'm doing that she must then therefore go along with it regardless of whether she has any decision on the matter.

never heard of her.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

Khan is also appealing about the point deductions when if he had of re-watched the fight, like all of us, he would have heard the repeated warnings about pushing and holding Petersons head.

Peterson moved in with his head to get inside, it is a foul for deliberatly headbutting. Peterson wasn't doing this. The heads never connected.

And when Peterson got inside and start loading off on Khan, he shoved him off inside of fighting his way out like he is supposed too.

The people who are on the appeal panel have ears too and will surely hear the repeated warnings like Khan should have.

He is living on another planet if he thinks he can get away with this kind of treatment. He is supposed to be on the elite level according to him, yet he has to play dirty to win a fight. Paulie Mal, said the same as the fight was unfolding.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

trottb wrote:Another of the reasons behind the appeal is Petersons use of the head and not being deducted a point after being repeatedly warned. Did he get warned for it? I don't think he even used the head?

Khan was wrong there also. Peterson went in low, but not below waist height. I dont recall any head clashed of any significance.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

Thats what I'm referring to Coxy, I can't remember him getting warned about leading with the head let alone being worthy of having a point deducted. Them were Schaeffers words not mine.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:41 pm

At what point have I said it is Khan's nonsense I have said the appeal is nonsense, who instigated it is largely irrelevant to me, but I genuinely believe Khan could have nipped it in the bud at any point since the fight and has not done so, as such I simply cannot buy into the idea he is being swept along against his will by Golden Boy as you seem to be inferring.

Also the Tyson comparison does not really stand up the press shot it down and killed it off before Tyson had time to consider his position fully and make any real comment on the issue, this is over a week since the fight, Khan has had adequate time to formulate a position and reflect from a calmer place and has done nothing to kill this nonsense off, he is complicit in this and will therefore attract grief for it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

trottb wrote:Thats what I'm referring to Coxy, I can't remember him getting warned about leading with the head let alone being worthy of having a point deducted. Them were Schaeffers words not mine.

Misread, apologies.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

Khan is still to blame for the appeal as he could stop if from happening if he so choose.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Khan is also appealing about the point deductions when if he had of re-watched the fight, like all of us, he would have heard the repeated warnings about pushing and holding Petersons head.

Peterson moved in with his head to get inside, it is a foul for deliberatly headbutting. Peterson wasn't doing this. The heads never connected.

And when Peterson got inside and start loading off on Khan, he shoved him off inside of fighting his way out like he is supposed too.

The people who are on the appeal panel have ears too and will surely hear the repeated warnings like Khan should have.

He is living on another planet if he thinks he can get away with this kind of treatment. He is supposed to be on the elite level according to him, yet he has to play dirty to win a fight. Paulie Mal, said the same as the fight was unfolding.

Siiiiigh!.

No he is not. GBP are.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:44 pm

rowley wrote:At what point have I said it is Khan's nonsense I have said the appeal is nonsense, who instigated it is largely irrelevant to me, but I genuinely believe Khan could have nipped it in the bud at any point since the fight and has not done so, as such I simply cannot buy into the idea he is being swept along against his will by Golden Boy as you seem to be inferring.

Also the Tyson comparison does not really stand up the press shot it down and killed it off before Tyson had time to consider his position fully and make any real comment on the issue, this is over a week since the fight, Khan has had adequate time to formulate a position and reflect from a calmer place and has done nothing to kill this nonsense off, he is complicit in this and will therefore attract grief for it.

But in AzWorld this doesn't ring true, as, despite him constantly bringing up "we are going to appeal" whenever a microphone/tv camera is in a 5 mile radius, the appeal has nothing to do with Khan. It's all Golden Boy.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:45 pm

Khan as the boxer is responsible for such things, it will ultimately have been his decision to appeal.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:46 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
trottb wrote:Thats what I'm referring to Coxy, I can't remember him getting warned about leading with the head let alone being worthy of having a point deducted. Them were Schaeffers words not mine.

Misread, apologies.

It is I who owe you an apology for wording my comment so badly.

Sorry

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:47 pm

rowley wrote:At what point have I said it is Khan's nonsense I have said the appeal is nonsense, who instigated it is largely irrelevant to me, but I genuinely believe Khan could have nipped it in the bud at any point since the fight and has not done so, as such I simply cannot buy into the idea he is being swept along against his will by Golden Boy as you seem to be inferring.

You said King's nonsense in launching that appeal. Blame full square on King. Yet you still blame Khan for a situation almost identical to the Tyson fiasco. Their promotors are the ones making a mess out of boxing not the boxers themselves. Khan is as innocent or guilty as Tyson was.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:50 pm

We can take into account the reaction of both fighters post fight, Tyson took his defeat like a man, did no complaining at all while Khan cried like a big baby, I like him but he hasn't carried himself well in the aftermath.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:50 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Khan as the boxer is responsible for such things, it will ultimately have been his decision to appeal.

In an ideal world yes you would be correct. But the business and politics of boxing makes parliament in Iraq look honest.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:51 pm

Its easier to take a defeat like a man when you have been embarassingly knocked out. It kind of removes all doubt as to who won dont you think?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:51 pm

azania wrote:

You said King's nonsense in launching that appeal. Blame full square on King. Yet you still blame Khan for a situation almost identical to the Tyson fiasco. Their promotors are the ones making a mess out of boxing not the boxers themselves. Khan is as innocent or guilty as Tyson was.

Might want to read the second paragraph Az.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:53 pm

I most admit Az I do admire your ability to ignore any points in a post apart from the bits you want to see. I imagine "in one ear and out the other" is a phrase you've heard a lot in your lifetime.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

trottb wrote:

But in AzWorld this doesn't ring true, as, despite him constantly bringing up "we are going to appeal" whenever a microphone/tv camera is in a 5 mile radius, the appeal has nothing to do with Khan. It's all Golden Boy.

Is that type of response neccessary? I'd like the debate to remain civil and this Azworld stuff, whilst amusing in the right place and time, doesn't add anything.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:56 pm

azania wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Khan is also appealing about the point deductions when if he had of re-watched the fight, like all of us, he would have heard the repeated warnings about pushing and holding Petersons head.

Siiiiigh!.

No he is not. GBP are.

Taken from the BBC:

"Amir Khan has formally appealed to boxing authorities to have the decision from his light-welterweight world title defeat by Lamont Peterson overturned."

Taken from Sportsmole.com:

"Amir Khan has lodged a formal appeal to the boxing authorities in attempt to have his defeat to Lamont Peterson a fortnight ago overturned."

Taken from DailyExpress.co.uk:

"AMIR KHAN’S camp have identified 15 separate warnings given by Washington DC referee Joe Cooper to Lamont Peterson without any follow-up points deduction during the fight in the city, which cost the British boxer his two world title belts.

The dossier compiled by his adviser Asif Ali forms part of the formal appeals lodged against the defeat with the WBA and IBF sanctioning bodies."

Taken from Daily Mail:

"Amir Khan's camp have ramped up their attempt to have his defeat by Lamont Peterson overturned by claiming there were serious irregularities in the scoring of the Washington bout."

Do you want me to go on Az??

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

Taken from The Sun:

"AMIR KHAN has officially appealed against the decision following his controversial points loss to Lamont Peterson."
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:00 pm

Taken from AFP:

"WASHINGTON — Amir Khan pressed his case on Tuesday to overturn a controversial loss to Lamont Peterson and force a rematch while his promoter expressed concern Khan might not have a chance to avenge that defeat."

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

Might want to read the second paragraph Az.

Joe public didn't blame Tyson. They rightfully saw it as another ruse by King to mani[pulate the WBC. I see this as exactly the same and the blame must rest with GBP who have the power to do whatever they want and tell Khan how high he has to jump.

Answer this. Why did King get the blame for that and GBP not geting the blame for this? Dont you think it should be GBP and King getting the blame?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

There are over 2 hundred news articles saying it was Khan who made the appeal.

I believe them over your instinct Az, Im sorry.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:02 pm

OK. Answer this. Who launched the appeal?

Who launched the appeal after the Tyson/Douglas fight?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:04 pm

(C) Rowley

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:06 pm

Big difference is the Tyson one died pretty quickly and so anything said by Tyson that appeared to support it could be considered heat of the moment, neither of us know what Mike would have said a week down the line, Khan has no such excuse we are a week down the line and he has said nothing to suggest he is not supporting this appeal, quite the opposite so heat of the moment is not an excuse that he can hide behind.

I am not absolving Golden Boy from blame, for experienced boxing guys like Hopkins and De La Hoya to involve themselves in this is shameful but for the umpteenth time nor am I willing to accept your alluded to defence for Khan that he is being swept along against his will or due to circumstances out of his control as the reports thus far simply do not support this fanciful theory.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:06 pm

azania wrote:OK. Answer this. Who launched the appeal?

Amir Khan. GBP would not have gone ahead with acting on his behalf (as they have lawyers from vague memory) if Khan himself had said he didn't want to take it any further.

Khan calls the shots, his promotional company are then instructed to persue the case through their legal avenues.

Khan is the decision maker in all of this.

Schaefer couldn't stop the process without Khan's permission.

Is it that hard to understand.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

rowley wrote:Big difference is the Tyson one died pretty quickly and so anything said by Tyson that appeared to support it could be considered heat of the moment, neither of us know what Mike would have said a week down the line, Khan has no such excuse we are a week down the line and he has said nothing to suggest he is not supporting this appeal, quite the opposite so heat of the moment is not an excuse that he can hide behind.

I am not absolving Golden Boy from blame, for experienced boxing guys like Hopkins and De La Hoya to involve themselves in this is shameful but for the umpteenth time nor am I willing to accept your alluded to defence for Khan that he is being swept along against his will or due to circumstances out of his control as the reports thus far simply do not support this fanciful theory.

It died quickly because the WBC reached a decision quickly. And also everyone saw it as another ruse by King who thought he owned the WBC. Do you think Tyson instructed King to appeal?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:10 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
azania wrote:OK. Answer this. Who launched the appeal?

Amir Khan. GBP would not have gone ahead with acting on his behalf (as they have lawyers from vague memory) if Khan himself had said he didn't want to take it any further.

Khan calls the shots, his promotional company are then instructed to persue the case through their legal avenues.

Khan is the decision maker in all of this.

Schaefer couldn't stop the process without Khan's permission.

Is it that chuffing hard to understand.

And King/Tyson?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:14 pm

azania wrote:
rowley wrote:Big difference is the Tyson one died pretty quickly and so anything said by Tyson that appeared to support it could be considered heat of the moment, neither of us know what Mike would have said a week down the line, Khan has no such excuse we are a week down the line and he has said nothing to suggest he is not supporting this appeal, quite the opposite so heat of the moment is not an excuse that he can hide behind.

It died quickly because the WBC reached a decision quickly. And also everyone saw it as another ruse by King who thought he owned the WBC. Do you think Tyson instructed King to appeal?

I don't know, but I have never claimed Khan did here I have claimed that in the week since the fight he has had countless opportunities to end it or distance himself from it and has done the exact opposite, which totally undermines your whole "its not him its GBP" argument. This appeal is going forward with Khan's approval and support, you know it as well as everyone else, you just seem intent on arguing otherwise to be contrary.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:17 pm

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:

Blame him all you want. You dont need my permission for that.

But the facts are that GBP launched the appeal on Khan's behalf. Much like launched an appeal on Tyson's behalf. Both wrong but I have my facts right and blame goes to those in power who can make such a decision. Not the minnions like Khan.

In fairness both situations are entirely different. Khan made a big song and dance about the ref after the fight. I don't remember Tyson himself being so vocal about the supposed "long count" and think that was all Don King's doing. This is why people a pinning the blame on Khan for this fiasco whereas King raised the appeal largely on his own volition because he realised he'd lost his big cash cow!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:23 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:

I don't know, but I have never claimed Khan did here I have claimed that in the week since the fight he has had countless opportunities to end it or distance himself from it and has done the exact opposite, which totally undermines your whole "its not him its GBP" argument. This appeal is going forward with Khan's approval and support, you know it as well as everyone else, you just seem intent on arguing otherwise to be contrary.

When it comes to iisues which require the employment of high powered lawyers, my instinct is to exhonerate the boxer because they generally lack the capacity to take such an action.

But no-one has answered my question if they imagine that Tyson instructed King to launch the enquiry and Tyson is far more intelligent than Khan.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next