The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters.

+19
english warrior
eirebilly
justified sinner
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
hugehandoff
Hood83
Adam D
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
kiakahaaotearoa
disneychilly
emack2
Smirnoffpriest
welshy824
Pal Joey
rodders
doctor_grey
B91212
OzT
Biltong
23 posters

Go down

To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters. Empty To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters.

Post by Biltong Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:32 pm

When I heard about the potential closure of 606 in the beginning of the year I was quite disappointed, it was the first website I joined for the purpose of chatting online about sport, and it didn’t take me long to get quite addicted to the manner in which almost any time of day you could find someone to have a debate regarding sport.

In particular Rugby and cricket has been the two sporting codes I have been following with passion and enthusiasm. As my wife is not really interested in sport and my son far too young to debate sport with, it was often a case of not being able to talk about things close to my heart.

So 606 was that outlet for me to either rant or celebrate my team’s victories and losses. At first I considered withdrawing from sport blogging simply because any other website I found was simply not the same, perhaps because you get used to the posters and get to know them.

So when people started talking about the 606v2 Forum I thought to give it a chance to keep me chatting online, as I am not a facebook fanatic and don’t care to just shoot the $h!t for no reason, sport blogging was the only way I would remain on the internet.

It was a pleasant surprise when most of my rugby buddies joined 606v2, and it felt like the same place, granted a few of the unpleasant numpties didn’t follow which I suppose is to our benefit, but overall 606v2 had a familiarity to it and I felt at home right away.

So. to the founders of 606v2, the administrators and moderators. Thanks for providing us with a platform where we can debate with civility most of the time and share our frustrations and triumphs alike.

To the posters on 606v2, I enjoy myself every time I come on here to talk about what matters, it is nice to be able to write something humorous every now and then which is appreciated by some and then also to write some more serious threads about a specific subject or team. Thanks for accommodating a simple Boertjie from South Africa, even when I do lose my cool once in a while. As you all know I am a rather passionate Springbok and Protea supporter and attempt to remain level headed and objective most of the time.

Merry Christmas to all and a prosperous new year, may your goals be achieved and you enjoy good health. Hopefully we will still be able to enjoy each other’s company in the new year.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters. Empty Re: To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters.

Post by OzT Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Merry Christmas too biltong, and to your family, and not to forget the oft kicked dog!!! LOL! Hope you won't be having too many occasions to make the dog go into hiding in the bush!! Well maybe cept when you play the Wallabies!

Yes guys, everyone have really made this site great, and the founders and admin people have done a great job.

Merry Christmas to all posters on here, and good will to all!!!

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters. Empty Re: To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters.

Post by B91212 Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:37 pm

I would like to echo those sentiments too Biltongbek, in fact your post could almost be written for me (other than supporting the South Africans of course Smile). My Mrs has no interest in sport in general so this is the only place I can discuss the sports I follow with like minded souls, as the Canadians generally only follow your usual North American sports and the few Brits I know here only really follow Motorsport in any detail. I also came over from the old 606 but was much more of a lurker there than I am here, mainly because of the 'numpties' as you so expertly describe them.

Aside from the obvious reasons for liking this site (posters, decent mods / admin etc) I really appreciate the lack of large pictures / signatures that you see on some other boards which make it much harder to read in detail. For me it's a major plus and maybe a reason why we generally seem to get more 'mature' posts than some other sites message board type sites. It also helps to give the site a more professional appearance.

So Mods, Admins and fellow posters a thank you from me and I too hope that you enjoy the festive season.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:43 pm

B91212 wrote:I would like to echo those sentiments too Biltongbek, in fact your post could almost be written for me (other than supporting the South Africans of course)........
Good comments, gents. As I think about it, I bet your comments could come from many of us. Perhaps a board like this is a bit special for those of us who are part of the diaspora. The only time I have stayed up with any internet chat is when away from home. It seems to bring a bit of home to wherever we are. For the rest around the globe, it also reminds me of what he have in common. This lot here is pretty special. Thank you.

Best,

Doc

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:36 pm

clap Biltong you are a gentleman sir! guinness

I concur with what you have said....apart from the SA bit of course....

I've thoroughly enjoyed chatting, debating and even arguing with everyone on here over the past year and look forward to more of the same in 2012. You are all a fine bunch thumbsup

A very Merry Xmas and a happy new year to all the posters, mods, admins and whoever else helps make 606V2 happen! To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters. 3602195817
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write this article, Biltong.

I'm sure all of us enjoy reading your very insightful posts, views and detailed analysis on all things rugby and cricket. I often find myself having a damn good chuckle... for most of what you say is either so true or it enlightens us in a unique way. It's always great to hear things from a South African perspective too.

Enjoy the rest of the SL series mate and I wish you and your family a great Christmas Day and New Year.

The same for OzT, B91212, the doctor, rodders and all the other wonderful posters we have here on v2... wishing you all the health and happiness for the rest of 2011 and 2012 and beyond.

We thank you all for your fine contributions, exposing your sporting souls for all to agree or disagree with, persevering through all the highs & lows of your sporting teams performances (and life in general)... and perhaps most important of all - generously offering your views in that genuine tone of friendship, trust and good humour.

Long may we all continue to prevail where others have tried and failed!

Merry Christmas everyone... To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters. 3602195817

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:38 pm

welshy824 likes this topic- oh not facebook- urm urm
yes i agree with this post, as a gog many of my mates are football fanatics rather than the right shaped ball and although i have rugger (as my late grandfather would say) training with other people who enjoy rugby we are ussually to out of breath (from our bloody coach making us run)to discuss rugby in general. so i find it great to hear peoples opinions on rugby and have really enjoyed

so MERRY CHRISTMAS!

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:41 pm

+1

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:08 am

You are echoing my thoughts ,Biltong,Istarted on the old Freeserve site,then migrated to Rugby Rebels[still post there at odd times].
I was most distressed when 606 folded,this oneis easier,at least I don`t have to keep changing my Emack 2,every couple of months.
For some strange reason the BBc would`nt admit I was me,so I was Emack 1thru 7.
Now simply Emack 2,it is a delight to carry on intelligent debate with like minds.
All the best to all here,and more great games come 2012

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks a lot guys for everything. Certainly makes work a lot more enjoyable.

Hope that you have a great Christmas everyone. Travel safely if you have to do so. Take care of yourselves and hope that your loved ones are safe and well.

Rugby speaking, I also hope that each of your teams plays bloody well. Seriously. Because if we support different teams in a match, and the one I happen to support wins, then it must mean that both teams played great and that can only be good for the game.

Now I can only hope for an awesome present to make up for getting Ian Foster as the assistant All Black coach. Well to be honest a ticket to see Pearl Jam in Stockholm is pretty good. Thanks Santa

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Hope you all have a great Christmas.
To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters. 3602195817

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Good on you Biltong.

These boards are great to hear opinion from the other side of the fence. Too often we are pandered to by our own country´s media, who try to entrench our beliefs in order to make writing a formulaic exercise with a clear intention.

If you open your eyes and allow yourself to hear other opinion, especially opinion which contradicts your own but well argued, then we become more rounded in our own beliefs and more accepting of a different voice.

I too, like Biltong, have a mischievous side, and am not afraid to engage in banter. But coming on the rugby boards, I have learned that there are many ways to play rugby and that we all follow a wonderfully complex game. Sometimes things go our way and sometimes they don´t. To be able to share that with people from around the world is a wondrous thing. Particularly in the year we win the rugby world cup. Yahoo

So I reiterate what Biltong says: thanks for making this happen guys. And thanks to all those who contribute and make this a dynamic place to have a chin-wag. thumbsup

Merry Festivus.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks everyone for all their contributions to the board this year, it's the disparate opinions of all of you that make this place what it is.

I'm off over to some Kiwi friends' place shortly for an Orphans' Xmas, like so many London-domiciled antipodeans.

Meri Kirihimete everyone To the 606v2 founders, administrators, moderators and posters. 3845856932

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:49 pm

merry festivus!

Is it time to air our grievances or the feats of strength next?

Have a good one folks and thanks for the kind words.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Strangely airing our grievances and boasting about our accomplishments with the feats of strengths are what these boards are all about!

We need a festivus pole emoticon. The cactus is the closest resemblance. Tumbleweed

To all those who have no idea, festivus for the rest of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS7-jcsB_WQ&feature=related

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:44 pm

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all the 606v2 founders and contributors

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:06 pm

A very good post and I echo those sentiments. These days I do not post regularly, which is more a time thing and also I have refused so far to get a modern phone with internet access (sign of advanced years) so I have to wait until I am either at home or at work and then I have more pressings things to do....but I do enjoy a quick read and most of the posters have valid points to make. And it is always interesting to hear views from other parts of the world. We seem to lost many of the WUMS from 606 and ScrumV, which is a good thing.

Happy Christmas all and I only hope that 2012 brings some decent rugby that brings us all off our chairs in excitement.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Biltong, wonderfully put, sentiments that I share deeply with and many other on this forum, I suspect. Thank you to all those that set up this site, those that administer it and keep it running, and those that make it a great forum to share one's views OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Agree with all the love being shared.

Merry Christmas everyone.

JS

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:32 pm

Some nice comments here and i can only echo them.

Hope you all had a great time and like myself, eat and drank yourselves to near oblivion Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Bah humbug!!!! and i honestly feel after reading this mutual appreciation society that i dislike Christmas more and more with each passing year, all that false bonhomie and good fellowship, why its enough to make you want to barf!!

In fact i've got to go and visit somewhere !!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 am

EW...Think of it as like the truce they called at Gallipoli when they agreed for a day to put the guns down and go have a game of football, or something like that, then got on with it the next day...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:43 am

Looks like a petulant little somebody didn't learn what is meant when their mother told them that "if you cant say anything nice, you say nothing at all....!"

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:45 am

Can´t help but agree with the sentiments there Taylorman though the football game was along the Western Front in 1914. Gallipoli came later and the terrain was largely too hilly for football. Better suited for parapenting but unfortunately that hadn´t been invented.

Hope you had a nice time Grinch aka EW visiting all the miserable, mean-spirited people of the world.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:12 am

He's one helluva killjoy isn't he? thumbsdown
Imagine having him around at this wonderful time of year.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:24 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Can´t help but agree with the sentiments there Taylorman though the football game was along the Western Front in 1914. Gallipoli came later and the terrain was largely too hilly for football. Better suited for parapenting but unfortunately that hadn´t been invented.

Hope you had a nice time Grinch aka EW visiting all the miserable, mean-spirited people of the world.
There was a rumour that some of the old boys were enjoying a good game of cricket at Gallipoli, though I doubt any of the brave and courageous Anzacs were invited. A terrible day in history.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:19 am

Happy New Year to everyone
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Doh

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:30 pm

english warrior wrote: Doh
kiss Hug
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:14 pm

Hope everyone has a fantastic 2012.Shouldnt be too hard to beat last year!!!!!!!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down